RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ever tried sneaky pete's master adapter in comparison, man? Thinking about getting one ...

I have two of those adapters, but only for ODD situations. And I suggest owning one, but....

First, most don’t like too much if any vapor contacting SILICONE, unless there is no other choice.
Second, the adapter I linked to, is GLASS, smooth no “ground” joint, so it won’t scratch and sand your metal and wood stems, or Zirconium 10mm male mouthpiece on an IQ2.
Third, Much easier to remove devices from glass when clearing is desired. Things STICK to rubber adapters.
Fourth, glass is easy to clean.
Fifth, the 14mm to 10mm adapters I linked to are the lowest height, low profile.

Good luck!

maremaresing

Lol don't make a statement like that and then ask me to do the research myself. :lol: Silicone is used in dab and smoke rigs all over. Probably because it's easy to work with and keep clean, but it's almost certainly safe. Safer than a wood airpath at least.

I'm just curious, not looking to start a debate. Silicone is on my list of "that's ok in the airpath as long as it's not near a heat source" materials.

Vaporware

:tup:You are absolutely correct about it being a Martian image, it is a composite of two separate images taken, then superimposed to give an idea of what earth would look like from Mars.

Looking at both the Curiosity Mars rover, and the Cassini Saturn distanced images of earth, it would
Seem that earth should look a little larger, from Mars.

Curious

I didn’t track down the details of the images to check, but if they were shot on lenses with different focal lengths they wouldn’t be comparable that way. Just like if you take a picture of the moon (or really anything) with multiple lenses, you can see a big difference in the size it appears to be from the same distance, and due to the way our brains interpret what we see, none of the lenses will always match what you see with your eyes.

50mm lenses are supposed to be close to what we see, but if you take a picture of the moon on the horizon with a 50mm lens and also look at the moon directly it will look smaller in the picture.

With a full frame camera sensor you can fill the picture with the moon by using a 1700mm lens.

Oh, and then cropping or otherwise editing the image can change everything again...

Vaporware,
Reactions: stark1

notams

toke down Babylon
Plus one on info that silicone is negative.

I love using whips. If there is a better alternative to silicone, I'm all ears. BTW is it silicon or silicone and is there a difference?

Note: my original mention of silicon was for mating a vapcap into a waterpiece. When a little ring of silicon is slipped over the mouth end I get a tight seal. I use it on my mega globe from sneaky Pete. I ordered an adapter from Amazon. I searched for "14mm male to 10mm female" - got a 2 pack for $10. After use, I prefer the silicon hack. And, sidenote, the entire debate of silicon in the airpath is negated as the silicon ring is merely the gasket and not part of the airpath, much like the rubber o rings on your tip aren't considered part of the airpath.

notams,

maremaresing

Silicon is what they make motherboards out of. SiliconE is the floppy rubbery stuff that's used in cups and all sorts of things.

Fair point on what is considered part of the airpath, but that material does matter. For instance, the orings are a high temp silicone or similar material. I like Fluorine (1) because it is good for temps well above 200c and (2) it's a pretty shade of teal. You need something that won't even offgas at operating temps.

For what it's worth, I have some fat silicone orings I got from some project a while back. They fit tightly in the lip indent in a 2019 dynavap, and make a great seal on 14mm gongs. So you really can just get creative.

Vaporware

Electronic vaporizers use silicon in the electronics and sometimes silicone in or around the air/vapor path. Very different substances with way too similar names... :disgust:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Lol don't make a statement like that and then ask me to do the research myself. :lol: Silicone is used in dab and smoke rigs all over. Probably because it's easy to work with and keep clean, but it's almost certainly safe. Safer than a wood airpath at least.

I'm just curious, not looking to start a debate. Silicone is on my list of "that's ok in the airpath as long as it's not near a heat source" materials.

Silicon is what they make motherboards out of. SiliconE is the floppy rubbery stuff that's used in cups and all sorts of things.

Fair point on what is considered part of the airpath, but that material does matter. For instance, the orings are a high temp silicone or similar material. I like Fluorine (1) because it is good for temps well above 200c and (2) it's a pretty shade of teal. You need something that won't even offgas at operating temps.

For what it's worth, I have some fat silicone orings I got from some project a while back. They fit tightly in the lip indent in a 2019 dynavap, and make a great seal on 14mm gongs. So you really can just get creative.

Seems you have already done the homework. There are obviously different types of silicone, as well as quality levels, and some people are sensitive to it. There is a tiny bit of it in my expensive Davinci IQ2, where the vapor chamber meets the oven, it’s hard to avoid silicone in a lot of the portable vapes, but I certainly don’t seek it out, rather not have any synthetic materials if possible. My NV DCup & WeedEater are examples of silicone FREE devices.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I own both a glass strongarm adapter as well as the master adapter. They are both good products, though I use the master adapter more often as it is much more versatile.

First off, the MA is really two separate pieces, a large adapter and a small one for different sized fittings. The large adapter is helpful for such things as fitting a glass hydrotube on top of my Sai mouthpiece. The small adapter piece is great for fitting practically any dynastem into a 14mm or 10mm glass piece. If you need to fit a DV to an 18mm piece then you would use both adapter pieces together. The MA was well worth the money as I use it for all my DV's, my Sai (and probably other 510's like Divine Tribe), and also works great with a Terp pen and a 14mm bubbler.

The Strongarm type glass adapter will only fit a DV tip and based on the ground glass side, might only fit one glass fitting. Although some have the 10/14/18 ground glass end. Now that I put an O-ring on a Shellshock I have little use for the glass adapter.

PIU has the master adapter too. You can get 15% off and FS. PIU is the tits.

Last edited:

maremaresing

Is that merely your opinion or backed by research?
The species of wood is a big factor.
It's merely my opinion. Wood is organic and porous. Not only can you not bath it in cleaning solution, but there are lots of places for bacteria/mold to grow. Maybe a fine layer of reclaim resin counteracts this? IDK but it's not hard to avoid it as a vapor path.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A pass-thru metal or glass condenser minimizes the effects wood has, given its properties.

The transition from OG glass (fragile, breaks easily), to wood (porous, dries, cracks), to metal (Durable, non-reactive)
Is part of the evolution of Dynavap shells/bodies.

Titanium seems to be ideal. Light, durable, and exp
ensive, it has been a fav.

Lately, however, I have begun to like the heft of Stainless. As in ShellShock, Tectonics. And SS Assassins.:spliff:

Smokey McVape

Just got a DV newsletter.

They highlight the word BIG several times. Ok, just a guess but I'm thinking there is some sort of larger bowl coming soon.

Whaddaya think?
Bigger bowl won't happen anytime soon in my opinion. It would require redesigning and remanufacturing, won't fit any of the current stems/bodies and won't fit the Induction heaters.
Makes no sense at all to me but I'm stupid 🤪.
Just have 2 bowls if 1 isn't enough.

Cannabiker

I actually gave up on trying to find an UNGROUND - CLEAR “10mm Female to 14mm Male Glass Adapter”. Either my google-foo is bad, or these are hard to find (not a China site). I was browsing the @VGOODIEZ site, and the photo of the adapter looked clear, so I wrote Scott, and he confirmed, they were indeed totally CLEAR, so I ordered a couple.

Use an UNGROUND 10mm joint fitting for your valued DV STEMS. Ground glass is like fine SANDPAPER, and will mar and scratch a stem, my Simrell wood and titanium stems deserve better!

Thank you! My Simrell is currently Out for Delivery, and I just ordered a couple of these for an appropriate way to connect to glass.

notams

toke down Babylon
I wanted to let you guys know about a great little torch lighter I picked up on Amazon for $10, free shipping. I don't know how to post links, sorry. If you're interested, search "firebird hookah" in Amazon.

IMO, an excellent pocket carry lighter for DV.

Top Bottom