Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
A5050790-DDB4-48-E2-A47-E-F04433-F49-F42.png

Lemme guess, pic of Earth from Mars?

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
What do people want a 21M to be?
"Improved performance, better airflow, more huge clouds like bong rips but at the same time smooth like no visible vapor". Why not an integrated torch, that would be a really nice improvement
Something like this Mod for the vapman
Tmu9dgL.jpg

but we have to save some ideas for the next year's, so I'm quite modest!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't really know what improvements I'd like in a 21M tip. My 19M tips are the best.

From an IH perspective, my future dream IH would be easily pocketable and very adjustable at a reasonable price.

I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but I do know that any number of battery mods, from a $35 pico on up, all have the ability to adjust temperatures in single digit increments. I'm sure @TommyDee and many of the IH makers have looked at the options as why this isn't feasible with an IH heater, but I'm hoping technology can find a way in the near future. Until then, my PSM and Caldron will do just fine.

I agree about some of the price points. I don't claim to know the costs that manufacturers have. I just know that $200 is more than I'm willing to spend on heating a vapcap.

Cannabiker

No mathematician here. Far from it lol. Always did badly.

But what I had in my head was, if total cost is $50, then 100% profit margin would be another $50, which would make the final price to be $100? 50% margin would be $25?

Am I wrong? So sorry if I'm missing something obvious here?
Your math is great; it's the concept of margin that's a little confusing. Since we think of profit as something on top, it's natural to think of profit margin as the amount above the costs. Actually, the margin is a percentage of the total sale. So, if you sell something for $100, but you paid $50 for it, then half of the sale is profit, or a 50% margin. Margin can never be more than 100%. What you describe is markup. To use the same example, If you pay $50 for something, and sell it for $50 more, that's 100% markup. That number can go over 100%.

And, really, I'm sorry I brought it up. I knew what you meant, so now I feel like a pedantic douche for leading us away from the more important topic at hand--enjoying the Dynavap--to make a point no one really cares about.

So I'll leave with this--my Simrell is on track to arrive tomorrow!

Badger

Hi guys, first time poster. Just after a little info that I've not been able to find yet if anyone can advise please?

I've been searching and reading up on Dynavaps and I'm looking to purchase one soon.
Leaning towards a 2019M rather than a 2020M as that seems to be the general consensus.

I can get a regular 2019M or a Phantom 2019M - I'm leaning towards the Phantom even though it costs a bit more (same as 2020), as it looks nicer in my opinion, but what I'm unsure of is how durable is the colouring on the device?
I've seen people say that the 2018 Shadow had a problem with rusting or discolouration in some cases - was this problem solved in 2019+ models? Don't like the idea of a surface coating becoming unstable over time when it goes in your mouth...

Cheers guys.

Cannabiker

I've been searching and reading up on Dynavaps and I'm looking to purchase one soon.
Leaning towards a 2019M rather than a 2020M as that seems to be the general consensus.
I think they've just gotten better with each iteration. My 2020 definitely draws better than my 2019, although that has led me to wonder if I got one of the 2019 tips that's not machined as deeply. I do prefer the 2019 stem, but purely for aesthetic reasons, not performance.

Personally, since I believe they just keep getting better, I'd wait to see what the 2021 looks like.

jabba

I have absolutely zero interest in the M line. Never really liked the draw from it, especially compared to the Ti tip paired with less restrictive Omni.

I am eager to see an upgraded Omni re-design... seems like it has been a few years in the making.

I don't understand this. Granted my experience(s) involve solely my 2020M. That said...I find that I can completely control the draw....wide open is seemingly not restrictive in the least....and with the airport and a well placed finger vapor rich mouth-pulls seem rather easy to obtain. I have no complaints....yet I have nothing to compare to. Perhaps it is best that I keep it that way.

If I could get an omni for 50% of the list price I would jump on it in a heartbeat....just to experience it....and to have a 'back-up'. Truth be told...I really really like my 2020M which I am using with a Ti 7 fin tip. It really doesn't leave me wanting much of anything. A good thing I s'pose as I do not intend to spend nearly $200 for an Omnivap. Truth also be told....a 'back-up' is entirely unnecessary with a dynavap.....unless of course you lose it.....because these things are bulletproof and conceivably will last you forever.

For a relative newb (like me) debating between THIS variation or THAT variation because of minutiae read on the forums: I say just get whatever vapcap that you desire and can afford....see if you like it....then go from there. The amount of difference(s) between one iteration of an M vs. the next iteration of the M could be quite subjective.

snackmaster

2020 M is my fav so far - I like the tip, captive cap, 10mm taper, and adjustable screen (altho I like that more in theory than in practice because I have a lot of trouble getting them to stay put at different levels - have no trouble whatsoever adjusting ti tips). My only complaints are that I think it's ugly and the airport is hard to find by feel. I'm not convinced the "chiral" aspect adds much of anything, but I don't think it hurts either.

jabba

@jabba - have a look - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-og-dv-vc-ccd-inverter-by-tommydee.50411/
Incremental improvements go a long way with DV. And they are free.
Thanks. Please don't get me wrong. I still maintain that....generally speaking....for a newbie to the dynavap.....that any M would do. Of course their are incremental differences between designs, however, without any means for comparison these 'differences' amount to little. With some caps under our belts and thus some means for comparison....I still maintain that few should be willing to search/hunt, wait patiently, or pay a premium for one M version over the other. Additionally, of these differences in nuance between stock M's only a seasoned dynavapper would know or care about the difference(s). For that young chickadee who posted about the 2019 vs 2020M.....ask 5 users and get 5 answers. For my money....buy one or the other and you may be pleased with either.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I will add that the mods for my '18 were independent of other offerings. It simply didn't meet my needs. My original '18-M[less] is still my favorite vape, now, and nothing has surpassed it. VAS you know. I dented the cap and that sent me on the way to trying to duplicate my favorite vape. I finally got a similar functioning cap and the '19 tip and '18 tip are nearly interchangeable if you have the airflow difference dealt with.

And yes, there are as many different preferences for users as there are users. Simple math, everyone is unique. However, a lot of people do want improvements of the same thing. George, DV, has been very conscious of what people wanted. I want more old '18 caps LOL

Ramahs

Gotcha. I thought I saw the Martian mountain landscape along the bottom of your first pic.

Then what is this (circled at the bottom) anyway?

A5050790-DDB4-48-E2-A47-E-F04433-F49-F42.png

Actually, nope...it looks like I was right. I knew that looked more like the view from Mars:

Last edited:

Ramahs

What is a good adapter for 2020 M to fit to a 14mm female piece?

A higher end, pretty one:

WoodScents_20-_20DynaVap_2014mm_20Glass_20WPA_20-_20Ed_27s_20TnT_540x.png

A more budget, not quite as pretty one:

s366828541479040465_p71_i1_w960.jpeg

Both are good.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Fwiw... My fav of the M line is the stock '19. Looks great wirh easy to find air hole, tip is out-of-the-box ready to go with no modifications needed. Cap is old school no captive. The standard.

'17 - never had one
'18 - hole hard to find, tip needs mods
'19 - dang near ideal
'20 - hole hard to find, chiral ports noisy, captive cap sucks.

Oh, and @vapethirty a little snipped ring of a silicone hose squeezed over the mouth end fits into a 14mm piece airtight.

Edit: However, I should add that I hardly ever actually use a standard M set up. In my opinion a great first purchase is the cheapest M. Splurge with the spinning XL mouthpiece and that'll make your Dynagame start solid.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Actually, nope...it looks like I was right. I knew that looked more like the view from Mars:

:tup:You are absolutely correct about it being a Martian image, it is a composite of two separate images taken, then superimposed to give an idea of what earth would look like from Mars.

Looking at both the Curiosity Mars rover, and the Cassini Saturn distanced images of earth, it would
Seem that earth should look a little larger, from Mars.

Curious

But back to Earth, when is the new M coming forth this year?

stark1,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom