Toivarita

999 Forever
The cap is the most fragile part of a DV, but that doesn't mean you can't clean it at all – a q tip with a bit of iso is no prob, soaking in iso on the other hand is not a good idea. Also make sure to let the cap dry thoroughly after using whatever kind of cleaning solution (even plain water), because leftovers in the cap can rapidly expand and make the discs crack when being heated.
The smell remains when the cleaned new caps are used in the IH

Toivarita,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Toivarita – Are you sure that is smoke? Because I always see a bit of vapor at the first heat cycle coming off the cap right before the click.

Siebter,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I know what you mean and I had the same “smoke” happen with my aged dynavaps and caps and it doesn’t give off the smell. So the smoke was not alarming. Lots of times the new caps do not give off a smoke but still after heating there is a smell left.
Its very strange because I keep testing to see what moe I can find, but it brings me back to the new parts being heated. My torch aged dynavaps and my friend’s aged Dynavap do not smell when used in the heater.
Does anyone have any more suggestions or ways to test? As the chrome seems to fade into darker *anodized* color (is that the word?) the smell seems to subside. I’d rather not start torching everything to keep a uniform and gentle color change from the IH.
I just ordered a Titanium tip to complement my new Wooden Vortex stem. I hope the new Ti tips do not have the same smell for me as new caps.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Toivarita – All I can say is that I have caps that I only used in IHs and they don't have this issue. Maybe the smoke comes off the IH, not the cap? Some kind of dust that settles in the tube in between sessions maybe?

Siebter,

Toivarita

999 Forever
@Toivarita – All I can say is that I have caps that I only used in IHs and they don't have this issue. Maybe the smoke comes off the IH, not the cap? Some kind of dust that settles in the tube in between sessions maybe?
When the problem first occurred I thought it was my IH so I have that a good and safe cleaning after contacting the producer of the heater for suggestions. After that, the smell still occurred and with further testing of other Dynavaps I saw it was only coming from the device with the new cap and new tip. With One of the devices, I do. It care if it starts to look darker from torch use so I decided that I would safelty torch the cap a while until I did not see any new shiny chrome but the smell persisted so I then began torching the tip. It seems the the smell is getting much weaker but I haven’t been able to do much more testing with that.
One thing I’d like to ask, how much experience do you have with tips and caps, that have never-ever seen a torch flame, in an IH?

Had a glitch and posted twice so I tried to make it as small as possible with a “.”

Last edited:

joerghustle

help me pls i need a new tip, which one has the most airflow? im still using the 4th gen tip.
i feel like the 5th gen ti tips have zero airflow and sold them. now i need 1 new tip maybe ss? 2019 or 2020?
or should i buy a new ti tip and do a mod?

joerghustle,

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
help me pls i need a new tip, which one has the most airflow? im still using the 4th gen tip.
i feel like the 5th gen ti tips have zero airflow and sold them. now i need 1 new tip maybe ss? 2019 or 2020?
or should i buy a new ti tip and do a mod?
@TommyDee is the man with the most research reg those SS tips

Last edited:

JJ785

Looking for a glass body, with carb, for using in a bong. I do have a spare fat mouthpiece if need be. Having trouble deciding between these two:

Special Edition Glass Cooling Body

or this

Glass Charlie V2 Spikey Stems XXL

They look pretty similar, although difficult to know if any difference with airflow (less restrictive is good!) or thickness of glass. Probably to use with my 19M tip, or could get a 20 or titanium.

In UK, so less choice than the US, but the BB9 is also available. IH is SJK dental model.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Looking for a glass body, with carb, for using in a bong. I do have a spare fat mouthpiece if need be. Having trouble deciding between these two:

Special Edition Glass Cooling Body

or this

Glass Charlie V2 Spikey Stems XXL

They look pretty similar, although difficult to know if any difference with airflow (less restrictive is good!) or thickness of glass. Probably to use with my 19M tip, or could get a 20 or titanium. In UK, so less choice than the US, but the BB9 is also available. IH is SJK dental model.

I looked a bit, but it is hard to find a carbed gong for the DV that ships to the UK. If they are out there, someone will post it here.

If those are your requirements, then the bb9 (or bb3) looks like your best bet. They have the ground glass fitting for 14mm (or 10mm) so you don't need to mess with a fat mouthpiece or any adapter. I believe they are also thick boro glass.

JJ785

I looked a bit, but it is hard to find a carbed gong for the DV that ships to the UK. If they are out there, someone will post it here.

If those are your requirements, then the bb9 (or bb3) looks like your best bet. They have the ground glass fitting for 14mm (or 10mm) so you don't need to mess with a fat mouthpiece or any adapter. I believe they are also thick boro glass.
hey, thanks. I will be buying from a UK retailer..both quicker and less hassle.

The BB9 is indeed the obvious choice but opinions seem to be split on it. Some say it's a bit more restrictive than some of the others, and I don't want to end up having to invest in an ultrasonic cleaner just to keep it clean. The integral adapter on the bb9 is nice though not an essential feature. Maybe the bb9, plus 20 tip would be good combo? Or the glass charlies with a 19?

If the G.Charlies, which of the two I linked to above? I guess they are very similar anyway..

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
an update on my BigMouth stem in reg to the size and placement of the airport.

Feathering this airport gives stronger hits than the 20M which I use daily. In fact, I get more ummm'medicated' than I like...so one hit instead of two

Havent tried out my new poormans omni yet as once I use it with herb, I cant sell it But just doing dry runs and adjusting and noting airflow...yeah it works as it should
IMG-0990.jpg
IMG-0991.jpg

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Why’s the airport so far forward on those stems?

these stems are longer, and the ID is not constant

The front chamber is 8mm ID and about as long as the DV chamber is in front of its interior O ring The airport is in the proper place This design has no interior o ring, but rather a 5mm midchamber , a custom length condenser with epoxied mouthpiece

This design criteria is
- a longer, thinner stem with greater mid section strength
- proper placed airport to maintain trad. DV performance
- losing the interior o ring
For these advantages we sacrifice the spinning mp,
------------
the bigmouth face stem is an experiment airport which is the open mouth of the woodspirit It hits hard and fast

thanks for the questions

passenger

is this thing on?
Been a while that I posted and thought it's fair to share that the Dynavap is still my Nr.1 Everyday Vaporizer. I carry it everywhere I think it became part of my body. Had no urge to buy another Vaporizer.

That said, I just bought another Vaporizer, but just for science.
Have a good week, everybody!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
There is one possible caveat to glass: a variance to each piece, due to its nature ; you need the ID
To be 8mm, or it won’t fit.

If you are in a store where you can try the fit you will be OK.

Alternatively, you can order several, if you are lucky, one will fit.

Marley’s pricing is a bit high, there are other tasters which are more down to earth, some are as low as a buck (if you order a few).

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Big people told me Sir fire is forever.
Lipo takes dumps, they call em dumps, big dumps.

Very strong alcohol lamps, we'll see what happens.

Planck,
Top Bottom