kenske

Great build! I really dig how clean and minimalistic it looks despite the surface mounted components! Def inspires me to build one since my Caldron recently stopped working . Love that compact creation of Pipes as well:nod:

kenske,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
😊Someone here at FC built a few of them, I think they are quite attractive.
Unique.

Have you considered a battery replacement in your Caldron?

stark1,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Some of my Black Friday goods have arrived. I was able to grab one of the new Simrell Vortex Mouthpieces. I hadn’t seen a picture of it disassembled. It looks great and has about an inch of length that can be adjusted with the condenser. Now I’m just waiting on the stabilized green burl custom Simrell stem to put it all together.
C84F5582-C7D6-45F3-9351-7A69AF1106DA.jpeg
I also did a spinning dark wood mouth piece on my Ed’s Tnt 14/18 WonG. This is my most used Dynavap. It’s so versatile. The mouthpiece just took it up a notch.

All my Dynavap related Black Friday splurges overwhelmed the 6 Dynavap stand I had just built and became inspired to build an 11 Dynavap stand. Good thing cause I just won a 2020 M from Ed’s Tnt charity raffle. I couldn’t believe it. I never win anything. Hope everyone else is feeling up!340BFD10-B30D-4021-8E5A-945ADFCE9218.jpeg

jabba

Some of my Black Friday goods have arrived. I was able to grab one of the new Simrell Vortex Mouthpieces. I hadn’t seen a picture of it disassembled. It looks great and has about an inch of length that can be adjusted with the condenser. Now I’m just waiting on the stabilized green burl custom Simrell stem to put it all together.

I also did a spinning dark wood mouth piece on my Ed’s Tnt 14/18 WonG. This is my most used Dynavap. It’s so versatile. The mouthpiece just took it up a notch.

All my Dynavap related Black Friday splurges overwhelmed the 6 Dynavap stand I had just built and became inspired to build an 11 Dynavap stand. Good thing cause I just won a 2020 M from Ed’s Tnt charity raffle. I couldn’t believe it. I never win anything. Hope everyone else is feeling up!
I want to live near YOU!

kenske

😊Someone here at FC built a few of them, I think they are quite attractive.
Unique.

Have you considered a battery replacement in your Caldron?
Yea, I actually like the look of it. . I just need to find time to tinker.

As for the Caldron, it is plug in only. So it could be the power supply, heater/driver, or as Pipes suggested... the tactile switch could be the cause of failure. I also have a psm so that is keeping me going for now...so that's y i am not in too much of a hurry to repair the caldron.

Keep up the neat builds, I will definitely be following along.

Last edited:
kenske,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Looking for a glass body, with carb, for using in a bong. I do have a spare fat mouthpiece if need be. Having trouble deciding between these two:

Special Edition Glass Cooling Body

or this

Glass Charlie V2 Spikey Stems XXL

They look pretty similar, although difficult to know if any difference with airflow (less restrictive is good!) or thickness of glass. Probably to use with my 19M tip, or could get a 20 or titanium.

In UK, so less choice than the US, but the BB9 is also available. IH is SJK dental model.

I run my BB9 with the 2020M tip & cap through water, it's a good free flowing setup.

It runs sweet with a 2019M tip & cap as well, just a bit less air flow that's all.

Both set ups deliver the goods for me. :smug:

JJ785

I run my BB9 with the 2020M tip & cap through water, it's a good free flowing setup.

It runs sweet with a 2019M tip & cap as well, just a bit less air flow that's all.

Both set ups deliver the goods for me. :smug:
Hey thanks for the info. Yeah, in the end I just went for a V2 Hula / 2020M tip combo (to use into a bubbler at home). If that set up is good, then I will start using my Shellshock/2019M tip outdoors mainly instead. The shellshock (with o'ring on second indentation) works effectively into water..but I find it just a tad heavy/cumbersome to handle sometimes (using the SJK IH), which is partly why I just ordered the Hula for home use.

I tend to prefer a carb, so this is really an experiement to see how I get on with a carbless stem + 2020M.:leaf:

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@Hetts sounds like you gonna have a nice flexible set up between the hula and shellshock.
Keep us posted on how you get on with the 2020 tip. :spliff:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: JJ785

stark1

Lonesome Planet
View attachment 4033

All my Dynavap related Black Friday splurges overwhelmed the 6 Dynavap stand I had just built and became inspired to build an 11 Dynavap stand. Good thing cause I just won a 2020 M from Ed’s Tnt charity raffle. I couldn’t believe it. I never win anything. Hope everyone else is feeling up!View attachment 4034

Always had wondered who designed the hefty sterling VapCap body Geo has—of course the wood version is just as nice

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I see random posts about the 7 fin, what exactly was the benefit? I cant imagine it was that much better, otherwise why would they not continue to evolve 7 fins? There must be a reason for abandoning production...

Last edited:
FlyingLow,

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
How do you vaporize hash or wax without dynacoil?
I usually mix the wax with some cbd trim but this time I wanted to try the pure taste of the wax.

I have read that abv can be used but the taste would not be that of pure hash.
Unbleached cotton?
When my CCD broke for a few days I used a screen made from a spare screen instead.
Could I use that? has anyone ever tried?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Hash is a challenge for most any vape.
IMO there is no better apparatus than a Quasar.

My dynacoil performs really well with cleaner and more viscous concentrates

FlyingLow,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I see random posts about the 7 fin, what exactly was the benefit? I cant imagine it was that much better, otherwise why would they not continue to evolve 7 fins? There must be a reason for abandoning production...

Can’t remember where I read an entire article on the 7 Fin subject as I was curious as well. The article seemed well researched and included pictures. Bottom line was the one being sold now was an improvement over the 7 fin, don’t remember if it was airflow or something else. Seems the main reason the original 7 Fin is sought after, is its rarity, not for superiority, collectors piece. That’s what I took from the article. If someone here has used both in a double blind test, chime in....

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
How do you vaporize hash or wax without dynacoil?
I usually mix the wax with some cbd trim but this time I wanted to try the pure taste of the wax.

I have read that abv can be used but the taste would not be that of pure hash.
Unbleached cotton?
When my CCD broke for a few days I used a screen made from a spare screen instead.
Could I use that? has anyone ever tried?

I have not vaped very much hash (like moroccan style hash) at all. However, I vape wax and rosin in my vc's all the time. I do have a dynacoil but don't prefer to use it. This is because without constant cleaning, which is involved with all the nooks and crannys in there, the old reclaim spoils the taste of the fresh wax. I also don't like the concentrate/flower sandwich because the herb roasts faster than the wax and again, ruins the taste too soon. But that's just my take. YMMV

My main method is wrapping my concentrate in a small flattened piece of organic cotton. After the first few hits, I'll sometimes mash the cotton around to spread the concentrate and increase surface area. The next hit is usually pretty massive. When done vaping you throw the spent cotton away and start again with a fresh tasting load. Plus I find the cotton helps scrub out the chamber and leaves it nice and clean.

I haven't tried organic hemp fiber, but they say it works very well. I will probably pick up some from the etsy site that @StringTheorista mentioned and give it a try myself.

Can’t remember where I read an entire article on the 7 Fin subject as I was curious as well. The article seemed well researched and included pictures. Bottom line was the one being sold now was an improvement over the 7 fin, don’t remember if it was airflow or something else. Seems the main reason the original 7 Fin is sought after, is its rarity, not for superiority, collectors piece. That’s what I took from the article. If someone here has used both in a double blind test, chime in....

There is a whole thread here on the 7 fin tip and the re-issue model that DV made for folks that wanted access to that old style tip. The OG version and the remake are not exactly the same, but the thread covers most of the story. Here it is:

Last edited:
Top Bottom