Majordude2626

I finally got it clicking!. First bowl was a little off. Now I'm on my third I think. Anyway I got almost completely even AVB on one of the packs. I was also able to get a good flavorful hits on one pack where I heated and took it off before the click. I'm sorry people. My mind is completely changed now. Now though my honest torch lighter has stopped working correctly. I tried bleeding and refilling it and that didn't seem to work. I turned up the butane level or flame level all the way. Now I don't barely get a flame. It's tiny. After trying a few times it clicks and doesn't even light anymore. I can press on the ignite button but now I don't even get a click.
Glad you stuck with it. I started with a triple torch, and kept combusting. I got good with a single flame, and it really clicked for me. Closest thing to old school one hitter out there.

There is a separate thread for torches, but I like this https://www.amazon.com/Vertigo-Serpent-Single-Torch-Lighter/dp/B07BKQ4HNT dynavap sells it too.

I have real good luck not jamming up torches with the pricey Colibri butane. Since I mostly use IHs a can of butane last me a long time, so I just get the good stuff.

Last edited:
Majordude2626,
Reactions: Ramahs

GoldenBud

The trick is to hold it very loosely, almost resting in your hand, and only your thumb and index finger are doing any work.
OK. GOT IT. that's the tricky part for me - very loosely hand for the process.... like one of the fingers is the stabilizer finger and the other is the moving one? is it matter which one?
Succeeded now to do it!! after many tries lol ....not super fast like I can do with the 180 degrees, but works well!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cybrguy

thunderstealer1337

The 7 fin, the bigger mass of ti, retains heat, makes it hit better, don't really know exactly why, but I can tell when I go to discharge the cap it's hotter then my 4 other ti tips. No real analytics other then that lol

Majordude2626

the heat retention is there but vapor production does not have the flavor from ss vs ti imo
I’m big on 7 fin and couldn’t put my finger on it. I really appreciate you quantifying it for me. Sometimes they innovate so much, they move away from the sweet spot. I’ve told people before, if there is something you like from the company get it. No guarantee it will stay available. Some of their previous wood n stash offerings were unreal. On DynaVap live Instagram tonight , George talked of standardizing on the captive cap. Said there was no reason to phase out standard and low temp at this time. It did seem like it could happen in the future at some point though.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

ugh its pretty ez, ss and ti hit/taste diff on 1st 2nd maybe 3rd hits man, also if nobody can taste the difference then why are there so many ti vs ss options for add on mods to all the other vapes other then dynavaps?

thunderstealer1337,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
And some people buy shit to see what the hell other people are talking about. Ti tip is over-rated unless you got an Omni - in which case you don't have a choice.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
1) Some believe Ti is safer than SS.
2) Some believe if it costs more it must be better.
3) Sometimes peer pressure/acceptance is a factor.
4) People like to buy stuff even if they don't need it.

My wife thinks I can on occasion be a pita, perhaps you know her? :lol:

And some people buy shit to see what the hell other people are talking about. Ti tip is over-rated unless you got an Omni - in which case you don't have a choice.

Not sure if you guys are tonguecheeking or not, but that's just nonsense. Ti tips perform *different*, they are not over- or underrated. I myself for example prefer not only the faster heat up, but also the faster cool down, as it matches my draw technique much better than ss tips.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My '19 tip outperforms my 419 Ti tip only in draw resistance. Otherwise I would call the experience identical being a volume med user.
I rarely kid unless its obvious. Obviously I'm not kidding.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Imo the 2019 M rocks, the 2020 M is just as good with a different cap not their captive cap ! I have a Ti tip on my Omni, but all my others are ss tips. Right now my first pick is a low temp SS on a wood stem from Ed's TNT and my Flux ih. I love my Omni but I get just as good results with ss.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That is my opinion @Siebter . I have one; I tested it in all fairness against an '18, '19, and '20 tips and I can honestly say that in my opinion that the Ti tip does not outperform my '18 and '19 SS tips mostly on more draw resistance over the '19. My '18 tip is a monster in IH and modified, it is the best performer. I prefer heat mass which Ti simply doesn't have. Also don't forget that after the terps, I am flavor blind. Any taste advantages are lost on me. I sense the thickness and fullness of the vape. That is my metric. And when draw resistance is increased, the performance is impeded.

However, don't forget that we are forced into using the Ti tip on the Omni. It simply doesn't work as designed with SS tips. There choice has been removed.

TommyDee,

Skinku

I think they were doubting that Ti affects taste enough to warrant its cost?
The Ti tip is certainly worthwhile to me as it has different heating characteristics, Ti seems a money grab elsewhere, I would like an Omni in SS and a SS spinning tip.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, claiming that titanium tastes better in a Dynavap is a subjective statement at best, but I don't hear that very often. What people prefer about the ti tips is mainly the heat and cool times. While others prefer the ss tips' ability to stay hot longer. As @TommyDee stated:

I prefer heat mass which Ti simply doesn't have.

...and see, TD, that's a fair statement. On the other hand, claiming others can't rate material preferences based on the way they use a device is just bs (about just as much as claiming titanium is „better“).

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Other can say DV is shit and DV is God, I don't care. @Siebter - you are again reading a whole lot more into my opinion than is warranted.
But trying to convince me one way or another cost me $40. So I have a right to an opinion.

Top Bottom