tukatukera

Retailer
Welcome, to the rabbit hole, @tukatukera! :clap:

Surely someone here must have a Karma somewhere....

You could try offering your glass up for trades, as someone suggest. Once you approach
The event horizon, there is no escape. Be forewarned, VCAS is going to suck you into another dimension. & your CC, too!

Once you get hooked, there is a branch of the Dynaverse which will take you to Orion. And the magic of induction. YMMV, however. 💫

Go, E&M! :tup:
I had a hard time understanding some of your acronyms VCAS? CC? YMMV

What's a Karma? lol

tukatukera

Retailer
VapCap acquisition syndrome
Credit card
Your mileage may vary

Clueless on the karma tho 😕
I already have the acquisition syndrome and I still haven't even bought a cap. I've always been a fan of heady stuff and having *nice* things to smoke out of and I find the dynaverse scratches that itch, which in the past has prevented me from wanting to get into this seriously.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@tukatukera – The day I got my first M was the day I smoked my last joint. But it wasn't my first vaporizer and I'm not sure whether it would have been this successful if it would have been my first device. In general I recommend to start somewhere with a decent device and see where it takes you, but you should always have a fallback strategy in case it doesn't work out.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have come to a epiphany. I finally get why people prefer the torch to the induction heaters. And it is sad.

How long do you torch you cap before drawing? Tune you IH to use the same amount of time!

Okay, easier said than done.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Well according to vapman fans, all of our vapcaps are overrated and mediocre compared to the VM. Just to offer a little taste of your own medicine ;)
And I might agree with VM if I ever had a chance to experience one.

There is no medicine involved @mccringleberry - this is sharing an experience about vapcaps through all the fanboiz.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
There is no medicine involved @mccringleberry - this is sharing an experience about vapcaps through all the fanboiz.
...and explaining to fanboiz that they have no idea what they are talking about. And that they are fanboiz.

Way to go.

Siebter,

tukatukera

Retailer
A 'Karma' is an M which Dynavap occasionally gives free to purchasers of other items so they can pass the M on to someone else who may need it to stop combusting.
Read about it, figured it was stupid of me to ask, but yeah. If someone does find it in their heart to pass on the goodness, I'm always up for a good trade.
Also, I manufacture hand-made high quality coils for standard rebuildable systems, and I think for some 510 enthusiasts it might be of value to know this information.

tukatukera,

Walrus88

Stem number 2!
☆Tight Rolla☆
A nice cherry wood.
Stainless steel condenser (no orings) tight but removable.
No airport for this one.
Tight and warm (oo er!)

Attachments

• 20201006_192858-picsay.jpg
    20201006_192858-picsay.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201006_192654-picsay.jpg
    20201006_192654-picsay.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20201006-203450_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-203450_Video Player.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201006_203938.jpg
    20201006_203938.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
this is sharing an experience about vapcaps through all the fanboiz.
@TommyDee The use of the term "fanboiz" isn't appropriate. Please don't refer to members in any derogotory way as that is against our Be Nice rule.
...and explaining to fanboiz that they have no idea what they are talking about. And that they are fanboiz.

Way to go.
@Siebter just because TD has an opinion that is contrarian to most folks in this thread, that doesn't mean that he's not allowed to have it. He's not saying that he's right or wrong, just that it is his opinion. Just let him have that opinion and move on please.

Thank you.

Peace Sign GIF

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm not sure this has been posted here before – this is an interview with George focusing on the manufacturing process of our beloved Dynavaps.

Siebter,
Reactions: mwnger

mwnger

Hello! I am a new member though I have been lurking here for a long while. I have learnt a lot here and thought it was finally time to join in and share my own experiences and thoughts, and some pictures I hope you enjoy.

I was a long time smoker (18 years, daily/near daily for majority of that) until August 2018, when I got a Pax 3, and very shortly afterwards a 2018 M(when I realised the Pax wasn't going to work for my daily use) and I haven't smoked since. I have a few other vapes now too but vapcaps are what I use (by far) the most. I don't know if I'd have managed to fuck combustion so completely without this invention. The vapcap makes it so quick and easy to vape.

I like wooden stems the best and I virtually always use them with an Omni XL condenser:
P9287861.jpg

On the left with the SS tip is possibly my favourite stem to use, the Zen8 bird's eye maple stem I bought from Vapewellness. I love the organic knuckle-y shape and the way it sits in my hand, very comfortable, and easy to find the airport. The mouthpiece end is cut slightly crooked though it functions just fine. No condenser in the pic but I'd use it with an Omni condenser, always.

The walnut stem second from left is another favourite, which came from Etsy (BranchingOutProjects). I love the hourglass shape, it feels very smooth and light and I think it looks great too. The walnut adds a slight sweet woody/nutty taste when it gets hot on repeated cycles, I find it very pleasant. Shown with a Ti tip and mouthpiece above which I heat treated a while ago, which is fading in the wash a bit somehow.

In the middle with the uncoloured Omni setup is my padauk stem from @DynaBox via Etsy. It's a really nicely crafted stem which functions as a 14mm vong adaptor. The wood has a lovely orange glow which I try to preserve by keeping it out of UV, so this one only comes out at night. The padauk does add a woody spicyness when it gets hot, I do like it for variety but not all the time.

On the right are my Dynavap wooden stems. The Nonavong is where my love affair with wood started, I ordered it at a bargain price, primarily for a spare Omni setup, not expecting much of the stem. When it arrived I just loved the way the wood looked and felt, very light, and it got less hot than a metal stem particularly with an IH. I got the Hydravong at a bargain price too, it's my least favourite not least because the tip end is a bit loose (easily solved with a tiny amount of hemp fibre). The gnarly shape is good for rotating with a flame but I prefer the smoother feel of my other stems generally.

I have some glass too, less exciting maybe and my apologies that it is dirty:
P9287865.jpg

The Hula stems are great, I bought a couple because they were very cheap at the time. I think these are XL v 1. The grey one is a perfect fit for vapcap tips. The blue one is a bit loose, which can be fixed with hemp fibre or I have some slightly thicker o-rings, which I just swap the final end one for. The glass is nice and thick.

I bought a longer Glass Charlie stem with a carb hole. I do enjoy using this one though I don't use it so often. It's much thinner glass so seems much more fragile, though it is half the weight of a Hula stem despite being longer.

My other stems:
P9287866.jpg

I have a meerschaum stem I bought from CPW Pipes in Turkey via ebay (they are also on Etsy). The internal diameter wasn't wide enough, so I put the tip in without any o-rings besides the top one. At first it was necessary to grind away at the meerschaum a little bit, gently, to get it to fit. I say to do it gently because I actually bought two stems very cheaply, I tried first with the smaller one and with too much force, and cracked it. Meerschaum is very fragile but it does give a different experience. I like it very much. The channel inside the stem is pretty narrow so the vapour flows quickly through, so it is fairly cool but quite throat-y, to my mind quite a lot like a large joint (though it's so long since I've had a large joint, so take that with a pinch of salt!). I don't really like the plastic mouthpiece but I could possibly replace that, it just screws out. Because of the fragility I am going to save this one and use it as my Christmas stem.

And then there's my original Omni stem, what more could I say that's not already written already in this thread? I love it. The Omni was an upgrade I bought after 9 months of 2018 M use. I think it's a good upgrade, I appreciate the adjustable airflow though it is expensive, which makes me worry more when I think I've lost it on camping trips etc. I do prefer the Ti tip over the SS, the primary reason is the quicker cooldown helping to get through cycles quickly and avoid burning the load, also quicker heat up and better airflow. I haven't tried more recent versions of the SS tip. When I bought the Omni, the 2018 M stem and condenser went on long term loan, along with a Ti tip and fresh-ish cap to a friend who was interested in vaping but didn't have spare money to invest. I wanted to keep the SS tip for variety.

I don't have tips for every stem. All I have now are in the first picture with the wooden stems - four tips and four caps. Actually, only two of the caps work properly any more. Two have cracked disks, and they are slow to click, especially to cool down. They cause combustion if you go by the click but I can use them if I time the heat-up by some other method. In reality I don't use them, besides to pack the basket screens in the Milaana, a perfect size! I don't know why they cracked. I did used to go past the click by a regular amount when using my SJK IH, but my first cap was nearly exclusively heated by torch. I do use them heavily, perhaps they have just wore out? In both cases I just noticed the cool down click gradually get slower and slower over several weeks or months. My first cap is now takes minutes and minutes to get the second cool down click, it will be completely cold first. But I have two good caps, both 'normal' types (not captive of low temp) but with their own personalities - one cooks hotter in the IH, three cycles for full extraction vs five or six with the other. I think it is to do with the different crimping position in the newest cap I have, but I appreciate having the variety available to me.

In summary then, I love vapcaps especially wooden Omnis, and I'm very glad to become part of a like-minded community of people here :cheers:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I don't know why they cracked. I did used to go past the click by a regular amount when using my SJK IH, but my first cap was nearly exclusively heated by torch. I do use them heavily, perhaps they have just wore out?
Probably not, they are meant to last a lifetime too – what made one of my caps crack was leftover water after having soaked it in soapwater (which I had to do after a combustion event). Said leftovers can rapidly expand when heated, so make sure to dry the caps thoroughly before using them again. Mine behaves exactly like yours, it still works, but cooldown clicks take ages.

Anyway, welcome! Great collection!

Zoltani

Back when I got my M it came with a free titanium tip as part of a promotion. Since then I've been using the Ti pretty exclusively. Well the high temp o rings finally gave out so switched to the stainless steel tip. The results with the SS are much different than the Ti. I find it much more difficult to combust or blacken the material with the SS tip than the Ti tip. With the SS tip the hits are a bit tastier and I get a couple more from one load, with the material more evenly browned than with the Ti tip. Can't believe I've owned this thing for 2.5 years and never realized this.

mwnger

Probably not, they are meant to last a lifetime too – what made one of my caps crack was leftover water after having soaked it in soapwater (which I had to do after a combustion event). Said leftovers can rapidly expand when heated, so make sure to dry the caps thoroughly before using them again. Mine behaves exactly like yours, it still works, but cooldown clicks take ages.

Anyway, welcome! Great collection!

Thank you very much for your kind reply. You may well be right, I can't deny trying to clean caps just on very rare occasions. I will certainly take care to leave for a good long dry if I do so again. Much easier to do that with a spare cap on hand.

Back when I got my M it came with a free titanium tip as part of a promotion. Since then I've been using the Ti pretty exclusively. Well the high temp o rings finally gave out so switched to the stainless steel tip. The results with the SS are much different than the Ti. I find it much more difficult to combust or blacken the material with the SS tip than the Ti tip. With the SS tip the hits are a bit tastier and I get a couple more from one load, with the material more evenly browned than with the Ti tip. Can't believe I've owned this thing for 2.5 years and never realized this.
I find using an induction heater I get a slower extraction and more cycles with the 2018 SS tip I have vs Ti, but I usually want the faster extraction. I don't notice any difference in AVB uniformity, I like to get it very dark because mine just goes on the compost after vaping.

Top Bottom