FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I used Whink to get the cap sparkly and super clean inside and out! :tup: Just don't forget to pack it in baking soda before the final rinse.
I definitely don't do that... especially packing the cap in baking soda nor anything else. Just seems like that would unintentionally leave residues in and behind the clicker.

I am most comfortable hitting the cap with an ISO soaked qtip every so often.

hinglemccringleberry

people still sometimes take their convection's device ABV and push it to the highest in the VapCap?
Or the taste gonna be awful?
The taste isn't truly awful unless you combust. Otherwise it just tastes like a spent load. When ive spent it thoroughly but without combustion the taste reminds me of coffee.

GoldenBud

hen ive spent it thoroughly but without combustion the taste reminds me of coffee.
I feel that too, haha!
you're right, much coffee than a popcorn in this device, better imho.
while i vaped i felt the "coffee" taste, near the hottest part of the tip. i don't go on the hottest spot anymore, tiny bit above it.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: ataxian

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I definitely don't do that... especially packing the cap in baking soda nor anything else. Just seems like that would unintentionally leave residues in and behind the clicker.

I am most comfortable hitting the cap with an ISO soaked qtip every so often.
I hear you but this is how metals are truly cleaned. A mild acid wash. And if it gets under the organics, it will help lift those off too.
Not too worried about getting things stuck. Baking soda washes out completely with a normal rinse.

FWIW, Whink is a weak solution at ~2% HC. However, it does an excellent job on oxidation from heat. Certainly not an every day wash but as a quarterly or annual scrubbing, I'm good with having a fresh-as-new cap and tip. I see zero risk when proper protocol is adhered to [don't be stupid with acid, even weak acid!]

Flame torching the CCD seems to work best for the SS CCD's. They seem to pick up an organic 'glaze' that acids won't crack. Similar to seasoning cast iron.

'18-T&C, 10 months - recovered. The laser bluing is original. Whink, gloves, acid brush, plastic containers, and baking soda. Residue Free & USPS safe.

20200811_122414.jpg

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think there is a huge range between Whink and ISO. I'm interested in what will go aggressively against organic compounds adhered to the metal. Doesn't that require a strong alkali solution? Those I am much less familiar with. I've always torched organics but not ready to go there on a VC. Although I want to! ...wait... wait.. I have a highly restrictive C-Vap! LOL Sacrificial lamb found.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think there is a huge range between Whink and ISO. I'm interested in what will go aggressively against organic compounds adhered to the metal. Doesn't that require a strong alkali solution? Those I am much less familiar with. I've always torched organics but not ready to go there on a VC. Although I want to! ...wait... wait.. I have a highly restrictive C-Vap! LOL Sacrificial lamb found.

Simple Green Crystal is one item I use on mostly glass. But on the cover for my New Vape DCup, which is Titanium, I soak that in it, and it removes the BAKED on dab residue, the thin layer that ISO and a dish scrubber pad won’t touch. I wouldn’t try it on other metals, but it’s harmless to my Titanium. MDS is available online.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I have yet to clean one of my caps
going Strong many, many years now

I’ve almost lost most of the ’click’ though in a few of my oldest caps. Extended use seems to make it quieter?

shopdognyc

I try to just rub a dry q-tip under the cap after I've spent the bowl. Is it that much of a difference when you clean with something than not?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: ataxian

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks @RustyOldNail - Simply Green is a solution for many things. It should be safe on stainless too. I'll have to get some and compare.
@shopdognyc - Everything organic out-gases and with the out-gassing comes scent molecules. I know a combustion event will destroy even the best of flavors if any of the oils remain along the vape path. They are excited by the heat and release scent molecules. That has to be cleaned out. ISO does a good job on smoke particles. But for the 'near' flame-out events, that is still a harsh flavor to cope with. Our devices take on their own 'flavor' much like a beloved pipe. It isn't bad but it is a background. Even being flavor blind in most of the cannabinoid range, I can tell the difference between a fresh tip and a well used tip. Getting to well used can be a matter of many OZ's and therefore again state that a surface clean and a deep clean are very different things. I was curious enough to see what I could do with Whink to see if it would actually restore the tip and maybe the cap. I did the cleaning of the C-Vap with Whink to learn more. I was impressed. But the C-Vap was clean and the '18-M was maybe 6oz of usage and it was crusty in the bowl and the coloration on the outside wasn't all tarnish. There was a lot of organics solidly attached to the surface. Whink breaks up the adhesion so you can brush it away, but really, it should first be removed. Simply Green would do that.

hinglemccringleberry

I’ve almost lost most of the ’click’ though in a few of my oldest caps. Extended use seems to make it quieter?
How old are your oldest ones? I've been using the same cap since January 2017, so 3.5 years, and it clicks exactly like it did on day 1.

Alexis

people still sometimes take their convection's device ABV and push it to the highest in the VapCap?
Or the taste gonna be awful?
This can be arguable, depending on the numerous variables.

Like some vaporisers extract pretty fully but leave a fairly light coloured ABV afterwards which is deceiving.

Others use their abv for edibles, I do this myself when I have acquired at least 30 g worth of ABV.

So not extracting 100% or even above 80% can pay back this way and also gives you some freedom about not feeling obliged to rinse every load right out and just enjoy it until you feel that you have had enough.

But for those who do not use their ABV as edibles it could be worthwhile depending on the vaporizer and level of extraction to run it through a vapcap, I expect you would certainly get an extra hit at the least.

Of course the taste won't be the best but it's still cannabinoids to be vaporized I believe. Just no, or minimal terpenes left obviously.

Amyway... @GoldenBud maybe just try it out mate and report back. I will keep eye out for any expeeience you gain.

Please excuse any typos folks. Late night, very medicated on weed and kava.

I think somehow I corrected them all though! ;)

Edit @GoldenBud I forgot- yes I def think more conduction vapor too, vs convection.

Maybe that specifically accounted for the less pleasant taste to my sensitive palate at the time.

Last edited:

Alexis

I been using a 3 flame, 4 flame torch and a Dynatec IH. I got the Honest torch today with the single flame. Its so different and feel like a sniper hitting a spot.

Nice to have options.
Yeah man. I spent a couple years using only 3 and 4 flame torches.

Now I only use a single. I rarely get a disappointing hit, and can extract at a consistently comfortable manner, consistent large hits, never overheats.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

My cap look’s like it was in a war?
Can I get a new one for my old “M”?
Pretty old however look’s 3rd world but still get me medicated like a bought one!

shopdognyc

I changed how I spun the Dynavap, practicing both hands, so awkward on less dominant. I was excited at the unintended spin that I forgot the cap already popped. I kept going and going and going with the single flame.

Whatever is after combustion, went that far. Harsh.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I love it when you didn't click yet, but you get nervous and wonder if you did. So you stop in a panic, then puff puff, nope tastes good.
Doesn't taste like a charcoal grill. Back to heating again. :goat:

BTW, my caps don't really get that dirty. I will swab the inside with an iso Q-tip when I'm cleaning out a whole tip and screen too. I don't mind the patina that forms on the cap.

I do need to clean out the conc pad shoved in one of them. To me the rosin vapor starts to taste like what I think pencil shavings would taste like...if you like that sort of thing. @LabPong I was thinking of dropping it in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Maybe after an iso soak? That's a lot of surface area to clean. If I'm gonna clean it, I want to do it right. I worry about blasting SS and leaving that ash embedded in the pad. However, when I'm high I'll try anything once.

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
How old are your oldest ones? I've been using the same cap since January 2017, so 3.5 years, and it clicks exactly like it did on day 1.

I lose track of time, maybe 2015 or 2016. I have an OG glass vapcap and a old Omnivap so whenever that came out haha.
i should look back at my bank records and check sometime.

sometimes they will hardly click, the faintest noise. I have misssed the click on occasion. But other times it clicks loud.
but too my knowledge all my new vapcaps clicked the loudest with most feedback. maybe keeping them clean does something. I have maybe a dozen different vapcaps so the caps have gotten mixed around over the years. Also the click being a mechanical function I guess it can vary from time to time.

ive got a simrell wood stem in the mail, then probably get one of those assassin stems when JoeKing gets more. Then I’m trying to quit buying these damn things! Well until a new omni Model shows up of course!

Top Bottom