LabPong

@Siebter
For me it is not worth it for the reasons I have already explained..
Come on, do you want to take away from an old smoker the thrill of still having to deal with fire? :spliff:

what is the name of this forum...lol

I know the rituals of partaking make up half the experience sometimes. The anticipation of that rushing feeling of relief that is soon to come....and then slowing lighting that J or B..... inhaling the luscious herbage of goodness..... and then melting away into the zen of wellness.....:tup:

Problem is....with vaping and having to use a torch.....you have to do it over and over usually. That sucks and makes the fun part of the sesh go away for me.

Planck

believes in Dog
Seems to me like it's to prevent caps falling off if they are slightly too loose and held vertically... would be silly for there to be no play. I would be impressed if it required 2 hands to remove.

If the cap is slightly too loose or even way too loose I can squeeze it gently
creating my perfect fit. I expect the captured cap will have play it would have to or be very difficult to remove. But will it still pull off with the reasonably sized magnet I use or will I need two hands? That is the question, well that and do we need celebrity hoha scented candles.

Solution looking for a problem?

Caps are uniform, so they should all fit snugly. When in doubt a squeeze fit should snug it up.

The chase is on?

@Planck I have an extra Leatherman for a loaner. :nod:

Agreed, when in doubt squeeze fit it out!
You gots ma leatherback Jack, thanks pal. :tup:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hm, dunno, I am looking forward to those new caps. I have seen many reports from people squeezing the hell out of the cap and it would still be loose or hop. That little ridge could be helpful.

Ah, and let's not forget that the nub is not the only thing that changes, they also promise the cap to have „improved tactile indication of both the heat up and cool down clicks“ which I'm very much looking forward to. Not sure what the „more even distribution of the airflow“ is about, though.

Anyway, I got three vintage caps, one unused, so I'm safe.

notams

toke down Babylon
RE: removing cap with magnet only or only one handed.

Please expand on this. I'm assuming by "one" hand, you mean the hand holding the device. How do you do that without AVB staying in the upside-down cap?

I often pull the cap to check the color of my load. The only way I know of to do this is to pull the cap and hold the device bowl open and facing up.

I'm legit confused how to do this with use of a magnet unless I hang it upside-down to remove the cap. I know I'm missing something, what is it?

@Planck how do you incorporate this into your debowler? Could you please post a pic?

Also - to everyone, how do I post a pic here?

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Who knows if it can also be heated by glittering C-Beams near the Tannauser gate....:uhh:

I want to try! :D

I've actually used a magnifying glass out in the sunlight to heat a cap.

Believe it or not, it actually works. LOL

The herb stays in the bowl. It's magic.

:peace:
giphy-3-00.gif

lmao

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Over time, you should be able to tell when your load is about done by taste without having to look.

Sweet! I'm almost there. I need to trust my pallette more I suppose. I always feel like looking is cheating anyhow. I usually know exactly what color to expect based on the taste. You're right, I'm just conditioned to look and that is an unnecessary cap removal.

And... I guess the herb DOES stay in the bowl just fine. That just feels super scary.

That Jerry meme was amazing, "it's magic!"

I sincerely love when veterans / pros share share their techniques. Thank you, please keep it up.

@Stu thanks for pic info. I'll try later.

Top Bottom