• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Spin0620

Just got a really great deal on a IQC straight from DaVinci using code VAPO20 - I also picked up a capsule holder (I have read in the reviews on DV's site that it comes with capsules, we will see) and the zirconia mouthpiece that comes from the IQ2 (also fits the IQC). The stainless pods were sold out so I bought some of them from good old POTV. This is going to replace my Pax 2 for stealth conduction mode, out and about. Theres gotta be a term for the type of VAS you get when your waiting on your new vape's arrival. Whatever it is, I have it big time!
I just got through vaping with my IQC and I'm nice and medicated. You will enjoy 🤗

Spin0620,
Reactions: endof3d

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I picked up an IQC about six weeks ago. (Thanks to my mother-in-law who took delivery in NJ, because ME is one of the states with bizarre shipping laws now….Yeesh. Another story.) I wanted to live with it for a bit before jotting down my thoughts.

But in a nutshell….I love this little guy. My first few sessions I used the hydrotube, along with the SS capsules. I really like the water tool…its design is quite clever and it works well, mostly. However, I did have a couple instances where water leaked into the vapor path, getting the weed wet and putting the kibosh on the rest of the session. (The ingenious design of the ICQ helps here….the electronics being totally separate means a water leak does no harm whatsoever.)

I’ve settled into a routine that works well for me, similar to how I use the Mighty. I pack flower densely into the bottom half of a capsule, drop in some extract, pile on more flower, and pack that densely. This sandwich will produce tons of thick vapor all afternoon, Works great. (Haven‘t used the hydrotube much lately.)

Overall this is an impressive, consistent, and powerful little beast and well worth the money.

PROS:

Top notch build quality.​
Essy to use. Zero learning curve.​
Vapor path free of electronics….you can see from the top to the bottom.​
Consistent high quality vapor. (Conduction is underrated….convection has great flavor but can be a pain in the ass half the time.)​
Nice temp range, thankfully getting up to 221C.​
Stainless steel capsules are high quality and easy to use.​
Auto shutoff gives you plenty of time.​
Cool dot matrix temp display.​
Removable battery (though I had issues getting the battery cover shut when first activating it, and haven’t opened it since!)​
Small and stealthy, if that’s important to you (I don’t really need it here, but it’s nice how compact this guy is).​
CONS:
Unit can get quite hot after a few rounds. The SS capsule may be exacerbating this by adding more metal to the mass.​
Battery cover is a bitch to close.​

Overall an outstanding little vape with tons of power and versatility, easy to use, and a consistent thick vapor producer. It’s the first flower vape I’ve owned since the Mighty that really impresses me. I may need to buy a backup. :lol: If you’re on the fence about buying one, get off the fence now. You won’t regret it.:2c:

Last edited:

thx1138

I have the ceramic pods, are the SS pods better than these? I am not that impressed with the ceramic ones. Anyone have both that can offer feedback?

thx1138,

mitchgo61

How do you load SS pods?
I just put ground flower in one, and tamp it pretty densely with the blunt end of a metal pick tool (actually the one I got with a Silver Surfer like a billion years ago). I like to layer flower, extract, and flower. They are narrow but pretty easy to load.

The capsules are great. A must-have for the way I use the ICQ.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The capsules are great. A must-have for the way I use the ICQ.
Been using the SS capsules from day one and couldn't be more pleased. Periodically swipe the air path with a damp Iso q-tip, soak the flavor tube and mouth piece for a few minutes when needed.

Thick, flavorful and cool vapor with little maintenance all in a solid, stealth, palm able form factor. Perfect for carry or just passing around to friends.

Wondering if a refresh of the IQ2 or a new IQ3 is in the works for the coming year?

mitchgo61

Well, I couldn’t resist. My wife was ordering a new pen from one of the few retailers who will ship here to Maine. She had a 15% coupon and they had one black IQC left in stock….and while I would’ve preferred maybe red or green, snagging an IQC for 166 including tax and shipping was something I couldn’t resist.

So now I’m a proud owner of two of these awesome devices. It’s become my go-to vape for months now. Gotta hand it to the Davinci folks for their ingenious design.

Mtl Fenix

Well, I couldn’t resist. My wife was ordering a new pen from one of the few retailers who will ship here to Maine. She had a 15% coupon and they had one black IQC left in stock….and while I would’ve preferred maybe red or green, snagging an IQC for 166 including tax and shipping was something I couldn’t resist.

So now I’m a proud owner of two of these awesome devices. It’s become my go-to vape for months now. Gotta hand it to the Davinci folks for their ingenious design.
Just received my IQC today. Can you hear it operating? Like a faint buzz, but more audible than on any other vape in my collection.

Mtl Fenix,

Mtl Fenix

I’ve never noticed it. Just audible during normal use?
Yep. Goes on constantly from power on to power off. It’s quite faint, and won’t cause me to return it but I had never noticed something similar in the past with other vapes. Arizers have a distinct clicker noise as the oven heats but that’s it, it’s not constant.

Mtl Fenix,

Dustin McKief

Decided to add an IQC to my collection. I also grabbed the IQ2 mouthpiece & flavor chamber, and zirconia spacers. While I wait impatiently for it to arrive, I had a couple of questions.

It comes with their 3-in-1 multi vape tool. If you have the tool, do you find it helpful?

I wanted to add the silicone glove for protection & heat, but it's out of stock. Product page's reviews are a mixed bag with some saying that it's loose enough to shift around etc. If you have the glove, do you like it? Essential, optional or no dice?

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: endof3d

endof3d

I wanted to add the silicone glove for protection & heat, but it's out of stock. Product page's reviews are a mixed bag with some saying that it's loose enough to shift around etc. If you have the glove, do you like it? Essential, optional or no dice?
During my initial unboxing and handling of a IQ2, the unit squirted out of my hand with the chamber lid open. Luckily, it fell on it's side on a plush carpet and avoided the dreaded bent or snapped hinge. From that moment on it's worn a glove.

My understanding is that the IQC has a different body surface finish that may be more grippy. Other forum members will likely chime in.

People have used rubber bands on the out side of the glove to tighten it up on all units to avoid the inevitable shifting. I've used a band directly on the unit to create friction on the inside of the glove. It works satisfactory, YMMV.

Davinci has over a decade of R&D invested in this unit, it should serve you very well. Enjoy.
Screen-Shot-2023-02-01-at-1-17-09-PM.png

Last edited:

mitchgo61

Yes, the IQC is more of a matte finish that definitely is grippier than the smooth surface of the IQ2.
It’s grippy. But it can get super hot if you do a couple consecutive ON segments. ( it’s nice that the auto shutoff isn’t too short like the Mighty….but it’s probably a little too long.)

A sleeve seems like a good idea. Literally the only downside of the IQC is how hot it can get.

hinglemccringleberry

Can someone tell me how much ground bud the IQC holds in the following configurations:

-pearl sticking out as far as possible, no chamber spacer
-chamber spacer with pearl pulled in as far as possible
-chamber spacer with pearl sticking out as far as possible

Thanks!

hinglemccringleberry,
Hi everyone, I just got a brand new IQC in the mail last week. I have used it basically every day since then, I pack usually half of the weed chamber (WC) using coarse grinding. The first 2-3 days the IQC worked great and I loved it, although it's been couple of days that I barely can get any vapour out when I hit it, sometimes you can see some more vape, some other times nothing (usually starts like zero vape at the beginning of the session, but then it gets more dense) even at the highest temp setting. I've cleaned the WC regularly using the brush after each session, I have just wiped with iso the flavour chamber and found just some dusty weed particle (my current weed is quite dry).. so I don't think this is clogged or dirty after just few days. Even tried the other mouthpiece but didn't change too much.

I miss my early days with the IQC, should I get in touch with customer support? It makes me sad that my experience was already impacted after few days of use :(

OF

I miss my early days with the IQC, should I get in touch with customer support? It makes me sad that my experience was already impacted after few days of use :(
First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good folks with experience willing to help when we can.

First off, I sincerely doubt anything changed in your unit. Not impossible,, but very very rare. I don't recall such degradation in performance for this or any similar vape that doesn't come down to 'pilot error'. The change that happened was in technique.

This is a conduction vape (as most are). A simple, reliable system, well developed. It depends on conduction to heat the herb. Not only from the oven to the load, but from one bit of herb to the next. That takes time. Called 'heat soak' around here try an intentional pause between hits of say half a minute.

The herb itself mused be pressed together. More so since the bulk of the load shrinks back as it vapes. Half full won't work well, That's why the pearl is adjustable. If it doesn't have enough range (it's pretty limited) try the spacers made for the use. Or simply load a bit more to test? I like mine to require an intentional press to latch the cover shut over the load. That is the cover won't quite close on it's own.

It's also worth noting visible vapor isn't all that reliable an indication of production. Think about it, ideally all the vapor would stay in you anyway. If it goes in green and comes out brown you've extracted all the available THC, if you saw it or not?

So load it full of medium/fine grind (avoid coarse, you want contact..., right?. Give it time for heat soaks between hits (slow down and enjoy it?).

Regards to all.

OF

endof3d

@OF offered a lot of sound advice to achieve the best outcome with your IQC. If you want the best vapor experience a medium fine grind and a firm pack will give the intended results. Many owners who prefer to consume a smaller amount of flower use Davinci zirconia or glass spacers, or the Stainless dosing capsules. Keeping in mind that a firm pack is the goal for this conduction vape regardless of method of loading. Let us know how this works out for you.
space.png

cap.png

So load it full of medium/fine grind (avoid coarse, you want contact..., right?. Give it time for heat soaks between hits (slow down and enjoy it?).
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I think this is the most important bit of your answer. I have read somewhere that I shouldn't have pressed the herb too much when loading the chamber as it would limit the airflow, but your answer seem to point me in the opposite direction. I'll give it a try with a bigger load and let you know! And definitely the pause makes sense too, I should probably slow down :)

If you want the best vapor experience a medium fine grind and a firm pack will give the intended results. Many owners who prefer to consume a smaller amount of flower use Davinci zirconia or glass spacers, or the Stainless dosing capsules. Keeping in mind that a firm pack is the goal for this conduction vape regardless of method of loading. Let us know how this works out for you.
space.png
I have in fact ordered these spacers along with the IQC (the original purpose was to revive an older IQ that had lost his sphere..), but I was wondering how should this be mounted? Are these supposed to go between the oven ceiling and the herb or between the sphere and the herb?

Thanks for the quick replies and good pointers! Will do some more testing and let you know.

Spin0620

Thanks for the warm welcome! And I think this is the most important bit of your answer. I have read somewhere that I shouldn't have pressed the herb too much when loading the chamber as it would limit the airflow, but your answer seem to point me in the opposite direction. I'll give it a try with a bigger load and let you know! And definitely the pause makes sense too, I should probably slow down :)

I have in fact ordered these spacers along with the IQC (the original purpose was to revive an older IQ that had lost his sphere..), but I was wondering how should this be mounted? Are these supposed to go between the oven ceiling and the herb or between the sphere and the herb?

Thanks for the quick replies and good pointers! Will do some more testing and let you know.
Pack the weed down in the oven and then place the spacer on top and then close lid.

Top Bottom