• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Although the heat is not good for the overall life of the vape, there is nothing in the isolated vapor path that is affected by heat. And my experience with portables used with a bong says they all get hot . The one I have that heats up the least is the Solo 2. My Tera, CFX, CFX+, and my Argo all get pretty hot when used with a bong.
This is correct. Part of the science of heat dissipation is having somewhere for the heat to go. When in hand and used as the session vaporizer we build, it is engineered for session duration and continuous use. Not to be put down or left unattended.

Why?

First, because that's a waste of product - that oven is on CONTINUOUSLY. And also because there's nowhere for the heat to go when it is a session vaporizer.

So when used in a bong, or anything that is essentially not coming in contact with anything else (the shell), heat will just build and stay in the shell. When you have it in your hand, your body heat equalizes the heat and absorbs anything extra.

Also, to the point of the "life of vaporizer" - the same logic applies - as the more in your hand contact the vaporizer has, the less the heat builds within the shell. Your body acts as a heat sink, pulling heat out of the unit.

Qyasar047

Hey guys, can you measure your dosage pods? It's impossible to buy them in my country so I want to try DIY:lol:
And one more question for Davinci_vaporizer. Why did you stop selling stainless steel pods? I think this pods are the most effective pods than others.

More information. I solved the problem of turning off the device. I disassembled it and saw not very good idea of taking current from battery. You use a little sleeve with a wire soldered and the sleeve also uses to hold lid. I used nickel plate screwed to lid. Also I drilled a hole in the body to provide the wire to the sleeve and soldered it. After this modifications I hadn't had the problem at all. I don't know how to solve the problem in another way.

the photo of modification:

Last edited:
Qyasar047,

Qyasar047

Qyasar047,
Reactions: pop22

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I picked up an IQC this week and haven't had a chance to test drive this baby (be another day, alas....hate getting new vapes I don't have time to fire up!).

In any case I could use some wisdom from the FC crowd here. I had to open the battery hatch to remove the shipping sticker that keeps the battery from making contact during shipping. Anyway, I found it extremely difficult to get the battery hatch to re-close. It kept popping open. Eventually after applying more pressure than you'd think necessary, and pulling in the little latch bit simultaneously, I was able to finally get it closed. But it took more effort than it should have.

I was going to use my external charger with the battery but now I think it's wise not to reopen the hatch and just charge it in the device. But I was wondering if this is a thing with the IQC, or if there's some obvious trick to closing it that eludes me. Anyone have a similar experience or wisdom?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
if there's some obvious trick to closing it that eludes me

I have the IQ2, but it’s the same. You have to push the latch open while closing, then release. Most of these types of battery latches allow you to just push down, but not on these. I use a plastic “spooger”, I believe they are called. Basically, a plastic version of a flat head screwdriver, so as not to scratch the latch. It’s a two hand operation.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
if there's some obvious trick to closing it that eludes me. Anyone have a similar experience or wisdom?
Davinci's tolerances are quite precise throughout their builds, allowing them to provide industry leading warranties. Mine was tight as well, but through use became easier to operate. Plenty of user wisdom on this and the IQ2 thread to assist you in dialing in your preferred extraction.

Your IQC should be a reliable friend for many years. :tup:

pop22

I find mine a little difficult to close but not unreasonably so. at least it actually closes, unlike the oven lid on my IQ...

And I'm still waiting on a reply from DaVinci about my IQ. Considering I own FIVE of their vapes, you'd think they'd at least reply about fixing the IQ.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I have the IQ2, but it’s the same. You have to push the latch open while closing, then release. Most of these types of battery latches allow you to just push down, but not on these. I use a plastic “spooger”, I believe they are called. Basically, a plastic version of a flat head screwdriver, so as not to scratch the latch. It’s a two hand operation.
Yeah I was doing that, but obviously not correctly. Though eventually it worked. I'll try with a plastic implement in the future, though I don't intend to open it up again anytime soon.

Davinci's tolerances are quite precise throughout their builds, allowing them to provide industry leading warranties. Mine was tight as well, but through use became easier to operate. Plenty of user wisdom on this and the IQ2 thread to assist you in dialing in your preferred extraction.

Your IQC should be a reliable friend for many years. :tup:
It certainly seems like a well built little unit. Again I look forward to firing it up. I have the hydrotube and the SS dosing capsules so I'm all set, once I have a free day to hit the couch for a few hours.

Thanks for the fast replies FC fam!

mitchgo61,

R1ng0

Yeah I was doing that, but obviously not correctly. Though eventually it worked. I'll try with a plastic implement in the future, though I don't intend to open it up again anytime soon.

It certainly seems like a well built little unit. Again I look forward to firing it up. I have the hydrotube and the SS dosing capsules so I'm all set, once I have a free day to hit the couch for a few hours.

Thanks for the fast replies FC fam!
The way i do it is use one hand to do the battery hatch and then i spring it closed with the other never had a problem with that., however i have and do have a problem with the metal plate that sits across the flave chamber when i attempted to pick at the rubber to lift it up the chamber, the damn thing came off and though it goes back on its always come off ever since i do feel that a design fault, that is with my IQ2 though. I love the vape great through water but that is a real annoying feature. thats my 2 p worth :)

Adobewan

One of mine has the same issue but as stated above, it gets better over time. I believe the battery and its wrap thickness can affect this as well.
Apply pressure against the lid and toggle the latch release with your thumbnail.
Best of luck, it's a killer unit!

R1ng0

Thanks rusty so an electronic safe super glue thanks I should be able to find an equivalent:)

R1ng0,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
@Davinci_vaporizer How can you claim "DaVinci promises to build with only the cleanest componentry. No metals or plastics are used on our sealed zirconia/glass airpath providing purity to the connoisseur." ?

The flavor chamber lid is silicone, and there's a huge piece of silicone where the vapor passes through in the mouthpiece. Silicone is plastic and it's definitely in the air and vapor path both...

Cheesequake,

pop22

@Davinci_vaporizer How can you claim "DaVinci promises to build with only the cleanest componentry. No metals or plastics are used on our sealed zirconia/glass airpath providing purity to the connoisseur." ?

The flavor chamber lid is silicone, and there's a huge and piece of silicone where the vapor passes through in the mouthpiece. Silicone is plastic and it's definitely in the air and vapor path both...
Silicone is not remotely a plastic. Food and medical grade is safe, it does not outgass anything because it has nothing to outgass. Liquid silicone inside the body however is an alergen, as is almost anything that the immumne system doesn't recognize. More than 1,000 studies over many decades have been conducted to assess the safety of silicones.

I can absolutely taste silicone in every vaporizer I've ever had that uses it in more than just an oring seal outside of the actual air path. Plastic or not (seems there's a LOT of debate online about whether it actually is or not) it adds a flavor to the vapor path I don't like and find it deceptive that they try to market it as the cleanest most perfect vapor path ever when it definitely isn't.

But let's forget about my personal issues with the material used - their marketing says "sealed zirconia/glass airpath" not "sealed zirconia/glass/silicone airpath." I wonder why that is?
Explain to me how you can "taste" an inert material?

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Silicone is not remotely a plastic. Food and medical grade is safe, it does not outgass anything because it has nothing to outgass. Liquid silicone inside the body however is an alergen, as is almost anything that the immumne system doesn't recognize. More than 1,000 studies over many decades have been conducted to assess the safety of silicones.
I can absolutely taste silicone in every vaporizer I've ever had that uses it in more than just an oring seal outside of the actual air path. Plastic or not it adds a flavor to the vapor path I don't like and find it deceptive that they try to market it as the cleanest air path when it definitely isn't.

But let's forget about my personal issues with the material used - their marketing says "sealed zirconia/glass airpath" not "sealed zirconia/glass/silicone airpath." I wonder why that is?

Cheesequake,

endof3d

I can absolutely taste silicone in every vaporizer I've ever had that uses it in more than just an oring seal outside of the actual air path. Plastic or not it adds a flavor to the vapor path I don't like and find it deceptive that they try to market it as the cleanest air path when it definitely isn't.

I also have an aversion for any synthetics in the air path so chose the IQ2 instead. Of course that's just me.

Of course for less than $20.00 USD you can replace both the mouth piece and flavor chamber with zirconia ones in the IQC. My plan when I buy a IQC for backup.

mephisto

Damn, I came to check out the latest on the IQC. Good to see you around @OF! Anything that brings the original crew out of the shadows prompts a read from me. Maybe this version will convert me to a conduction vapist. Most likely not, and some family member gets a new vape.

OF

Damn, I came to check out the latest on the IQC. Good to see you around @OF! Anything that brings the original crew out of the shadows prompts a read from me. Maybe this version will convert me to a conduction vapist. Most likely not, and some family member gets a new vape.

Thanks very much for the kind words. It's nice to be missed..... Or even think you are sometimes.

Oh, hey, I don't owe you money?

Regards.

OF

thx1138

Just got a really great deal on a IQC straight from DaVinci using code VAPO20 - I also picked up a capsule holder (I have read in the reviews on DV's site that it comes with capsules, we will see) and the zirconia mouthpiece that comes from the IQ2 (also fits the IQC). The stainless pods were sold out so I bought some of them from good old POTV. This is going to replace my Pax 2 for stealth conduction mode, out and about. Theres gotta be a term for the type of VAS you get when your waiting on your new vape's arrival. Whatever it is, I have it big time!

endof3d

Just got a really great deal on a IQC straight from DaVinci using code VAPO20 - I also picked up a capsule holder (I have read in the reviews on DV's site that it comes with capsules, we will see) and the zirconia mouthpiece that comes from the IQ2 (also fits the IQC). The stainless pods were sold out so I bought some of them from good old POTV. This is going to replace my Pax 2 for stealth conduction mode, out and about. Theres gotta be a term for the type of VAS you get when your waiting on your new vape's arrival. Whatever it is, I have it big time!
Congrats! SS pods packed tight with med/fine grind plus a spare cell should be good for an all day outing. The only disappointment I found with this vape was waiting for it to arrive. ;)

Plenty of experienced Davinci users on this forum willing to answer questions and share their experiences. Enjoy!

Top Bottom