endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I think this is the most important bit of your answer. I have read somewhere that I shouldn't have pressed the herb too much when loading the chamber as it would limit the airflow, but your answer seem to point me in the opposite direction. I'll give it a try with a bigger load and let you know! And definitely the pause makes sense too, I should probably slow down :)

I have in fact ordered these spacers along with the IQC (the original purpose was to revive an older IQ that had lost his sphere..), but I was wondering how should this be mounted? Are these supposed to go between the oven ceiling and the herb or between the sphere and the herb?
Think of the spacer as an extension of the pearl and place it on top of the load as @Spin0620 so generously suggested.

Below is a direct quote from @Davinci_vaporizer that will help you zero in on the intended prep and loading techniques to have the best experience with your IQC.

"Just want to chime in here and put focus on that a firmer pack will increase vapor production. Some other contributors will be the moisture/dryness of your flower, the grind of course. We recommend medium coarse to just above fine grind. Oh and let's not forget well temperature, amount loaded, and length of draw.

Most importantly though, the firmness of the pack. DaVinci is all about conduction heating. That being said, you want as much material in contact with each other, and pressed against the walls of the oven. Conduction will heat evenly and most effectively. Do you want to pack it so tight that it's a puck of flower? Absolutely not. Just a solid tamp in between "scoops" does the trick.

The 3 in 1 tool that we offer has a blunt end and that end is a PERFECT tamper for our oven size. If not that, then I have a personal share where I use the eraser side of a brand new pencil. (Also the brand new pencil eraser tamps the pods VERY WELL).

Now, with pods, don't be afraid to really tamp it to the top. If you see the image we shared on IG today, it is right at the top. Then you push that pod cap in and you got a nice solid pack. (Yes some flower may push out of the side grooves at the top of the pod, so do it over a rolling tray or surface where you normally load things."

Davinci has over a decade of R&D invested in this unit, it should serve you very well. Enjoy.

@Spin0620 and @endof3d thank you both for the suggestions.

I have to say today I have tried again packing more herb my IQC and... vapour was there again! I inhaled long and steady breaths from the device and the flavour, density and thickness of vapour was awesome.

I want to thank you all for your help, I think IQC and in general DaVinci products are really well made and I was sure there was something wrong on my end. I really don't get all the hate I've seen online around these products, I am happy with my purchase and I am sure with some maintenance it will last long and help me stop smoking.

F**k combustion!!! Peace :leaf:

Dustin McKief

During my initial unboxing and handling of a IQ2, the unit squirted out of my hand with the chamber lid open. Luckily, it fell on it's side on a plush carpet and avoided the dreaded bent or snapped hinge. From that moment on it's worn a glove.

My understanding is that the IQC has a different body surface finish that may be more grippy. Other forum members will likely chime in.

People have used rubber bands on the out side of the glove to tighten it up on all units to avoid the inevitable shifting. I've used a band directly on the unit to create friction on the inside of the glove. It works satisfactory, YMMV.

Davinci has over a decade of R&D invested in this unit, it should serve you very well. Enjoy.
Screen-Shot-2023-02-01-at-1-17-09-PM.png
Thanks for sharing your experiences. So far, I don’t find the heat to be a problem. I tend to take a 2-3 hit session, power off, and then open the oven door to rapidly cool off the load during the last hit.

So far, I’m very happy with mine (I added the IQ2 mouthpiece and flavor chamber). I think it has the best flavor among my vaporizers (Dynavap Vong & Shomni and King Palm Noir). I did overtamp one bowl to the point where the draw suffered, but I have since learned how to tamp. I extend the pearl after each session to keep the tamp dialed in as the herb shrinks.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@Spin0620 and @endof3d thank you both for the suggestions.

I have to say today I have tried again packing more herb my IQC and... vapour was there again! I inhaled long and steady breaths from the device and the flavour, density and thickness of vapour was awesome.

I want to thank you all for your help, I think IQC and in general DaVinci products are really well made and I was sure there was something wrong on my end. I really don't get all the hate I've seen online around these products, I am happy with my purchase and I am sure with some maintenance it will last long and help me stop smoking.

F**k combustion!!! Peace :leaf:
Everybody’s advice here is right on, I think. I get great vapor production with the following:

1. Use the SS capsules as the extra metal adds some thermal mass.
2. Pack as dense as I can. Like I pack those fuckers with some serious force.
3. Unscrew the little ball enough to restrict the airflow ever so slightly. This ensures thicker vapor by decreasing any airiness in the draw.
4. Since as others mentioned it’s conduction, give the unit time to cook the herb between hits. Let it sit for thirty seconds and that first hit should be large.
5. Obviously make sure both magnet lids are closed firmly. If the draw feels super airy something is wrong. (Check the ball too if airflow feels too free and again rotate it counter clockwise so it gets closer to the herb or the capsule.)

Welcome to FC!

ibrokemypie

just ordered an iqc second hand, I am a light user and generally use one dynavap or xmax v3 pro bowl a day, would I be best suited getting the spacers or the ss dosing capsules? also, should I get the ceramic mouthpiece? my intended use is small 5s sips from the conduction heating as a different experience to my other vapes

ibrokemypie,
Reactions: Grass Yes

vespers

just ordered an iqc second hand, I am a light user and generally use one dynavap or xmax v3 pro bowl a day, would I be best suited getting the spacers or the ss dosing capsules? also, should I get the ceramic mouthpiece? my intended use is small 5s sips from the conduction heating as a different experience to my other vapes
I just bought an IQC myself. I bought the ceramic mouthpiece, but it gets hot, too hot for my lips when I'm cooking a capsule at 430f. I didn't notice a difference in flavor.
I didn't buy the spacers, as I was smitten with the dosing capsules and the bespoke grinder for filling. This setup works well, and the SS dosing caps (avoid the ceramic, I have read, the caps fall off), come with little silicone caps to keep them from stinking up your coat pocket. They're well made. The caps should keep the oven and vapor path more clean as well. Plus, though I don't know how well it would work, I think SS capsules are the concentrate solution.

Spin0620

I have both the ss dosing caps and the spacers, been using the spacers with good success so I haven't even tried the caps yet 🤷

vespers

I have both the ss dosing caps and the spacers, been using the spacers with good success so I haven't even tried the caps yet 🤷
Funny. I have yet to try a loose load in the oven, I have only used it with the caps. I am guessing the biggest clouds come from a full loose oven full of herb, but I'm getting stoned with the caps, and they are nicely portable.

I'm curious if you get thicker clouds and or faster extraction with the spacers or the SS capsules? I hope you let us know once you have tried both.

vespers,
Reactions: Spin0620

Spin0620

Funny. I have yet to try a loose load in the oven, I have only used it with the caps. I am guessing the biggest clouds come from a full loose oven full of herb, but I'm getting stoned with the caps, and they are nicely portable.

I'm curious if you get thicker clouds and or faster extraction with the spacers or the SS capsules? I hope you let us know once you have tried both.
Next time I use it I'll try the capsules and report back.

Spin0620,

Spin0620

The stainless steel extracts faster. The only thing is that I can get more weed in there using spacer then using the the capsules. But then again the capsules would be more efficient. Both get me to where I wanna be 🤷 gonna keep trying the capsules and see how it goes.

Spin0620,

PAZ

Has anyone found anywhere that sells the SS capsules in Canada? Every website I've checked is out of stock.

PAZ,
Reactions: pop22

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Has anyone found anywhere that sells the SS capsules in Canada? Every website I've checked is out of stock.
Only found the ceramic ones at tools420.ca. SS are superior for heat up time and vapor. Looks like the 420 sales reduced inventory every where. Going south may be your fastest option. Good luck.

endof3d,

ibrokemypie

The stainless steel extracts faster. The only thing is that I can get more weed in there using spacer then using the the capsules. But then again the capsules would be more efficient. Both get me to where I wanna be 🤷 gonna keep trying the capsules and see how it goes.
Hm I was only using the capsules to use less weed since the iqc needs to be packed tight to function. I find filling and unfilling them incredibly tedious though. Can the spacer reduce the bowl size to the same amount as a capsule? If so then I think thatd be better for me

ibrokemypie,

Spin0620

Hm I was only using the capsules to use less weed since the iqc needs to be packed tight to function. I find filling and unfilling them incredibly tedious though. Can the spacer reduce the bowl size to the same amount as a capsule? If so then I think thatd be better for me
I find using the spacer I can get more weed in there which will last the whole session but when I use the capsule it is spent before the session is over. So with the spacer you need more weed then with the capsule. I prefer the spacer.

Spin0620,

ibrokemypie

I find using the spacer I can get more weed in there which will last the whole session but when I use the capsule it is spent before the session is over. So with the spacer you need more weed then with the capsule. I prefer the spacer.
Ah thats a shame. Twisting the ball bit to push it down further doesn't make the volume closer? Is it possible to put in two spacers?

ibrokemypie,

Spin0620

Ah thats a shame. Twisting the ball bit to push it down further doesn't make the volume closer? Is it possible to put in two spacers?
It comes with 2 spacers, a short one and a longer one. I guess you could use 2 spacers but I've never tried. Might not leave any room for the weed.

Spin0620,

dude_de

I've had my IQC for two days now and I have to say I like it. It's not that I needed another vape, but I've been wanting to add a "classic" like the Pax 3 or a Davinci. When 420 sales came around and I checked out the deals, I found that my favorite shops only offered 10%, which would have put the IQC at just over 150€. Then I stumbled upon a store that had a deal on IQC for 119€, IQ2 for 149€. Since I didn't want to deal with the old style hinges, Micro-USB and satan's anus, I jumped on the IQC.

Yes, the chamber is way to large for my taste, but I already had a glass spacer from another vape that fits nicely. I did not expect results as good as what I have been getting. I can get amazing clouds on smart path 4 ripping through a 20 inch bong. I can also sip on it for 2 sessions on smart path 2 and 3.

As for build quality: looks and feels amazing so far, love the surface finish and especially the green color.

Dustin McKief

It comes with 2 spacers, a short one and a longer one. I guess you could use 2 spacers but I've never tried. Might not leave any room for the weed.
If you put both spacers in, the lid will not close with the ball screwed all the way in. So it's one or the other spacer, but with the large spacer and the ball all the way out, it's not much of a load. However, I don't know if it's equivalent to a capsule or not @ibrokemypie

mitchgo61

Weird one for the Davinci crew. I have 2 IQCs. I’ve noticed with both of them recently a greenish resin on the steel plate on the inside bottom of the unit near the herb chamber. On one it kind of builds up on the seal around the round metal ball mounting (the black circular base). On both I occasionally swab out a teeny drop of green resin from the steel plate near the chamber on the bottom. I also notice the black seal at the top of the herb chamber gets super dirty with an almost dark greenish resin….after a few iso wipes with a swab it cleans off. That residue is almost grey/dark green. The stuff I swab off the plate and the metal ball base, both near the herb chamber, looks bright green. Like car paint green. Definitely not a normal herb resin color.

I’m seeing this with both units. I use the SS dosing capsules in both and vape at high temps, usually 215-221 C. Any clue what it is I’m seeing? I’ve posted pics and circled the greenish substance in red.

mitchgo61,

Dustin McKief

Other than my IQC, I have a couple of Dynavaps and an Xmax V3 Pro. By far, it delivers the best tasting vapor that I have ever experienced. I can pick up on more of the terpene subtleties vs the V3's convection. For those that own other conduction vapes (Starry, Pax, etc), do they have a similar taste?

@mitchgo61 that looks concerning. If it were me, I would contact CS about that. I wonder if that's the adhesive holding the door together. Does it get exposed to high temperatures (like inside a car on a hot day)?

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: pop22

mitchgo61

Other than my IQC, I have a couple of Dynavaps and an Xmax V3 Pro. By far, it delivers the best tasting vapor that I have ever experienced. I can pick up on more of the terpene subtleties vs the V3's convection. For those that own other conduction vapes (Starry, Pax, etc), do they have a similar taste?

@mitchgo61 that looks concerning. If it were me, I would contact CS about that. I wonder if that's the adhesive holding the door together. Does it get exposed to high temperatures (like inside a car on a hot day)?
I have contacted the company but haven’t heard back from them. I dm-ed the company rep here weeks ago but he/she hasn’t seen fit to reply. You’d think they’d wanna address potential health hazards a little more quickly.

The fact that both of my units, bought months apart from different retailers in different states, are having this issue leads me to believe I cannot be the only person experiencing this. Still curious to hear if anyone else has noticed it. Maybe people just don’t see it when they’re cleaning all the other gunk off the units.

dude_de

I would be very surprised if this was anything else than your usual vaporizer gunk. Where else should it come from?

dude_de,

nicknobody

Idc what ppl say about conduction flavor because to me the IQC tastes fantastic.

I do think that the humongous bowl and quality materials contribute to all the tasty flavor. It’s slightly less noticeable when I have a glass spacer in it

The pax3 I had before took away 90% of the flavor with its pax signature and I felt I was barely tasting the herb. I also think the pax is a solid vape.
I have contacted the company but haven’t heard back from them. I dm-ed the company rep here weeks ago but he/she hasn’t seen fit to reply. You’d think they’d wanna address potential health hazards a little more quickly.

The fact that both of my units, bought months apart from different retailers in different states, are having this issue leads me to believe I cannot be the only person experiencing this. Still curious to hear if anyone else has noticed it. Maybe people just don’t see it when they’re cleaning all the other gunk off the units.
Keep us posted. I had a hard time reaching CS trying to get oem replacement batteries but once they did answer the phone they were very helpful

Spin0620

Idc what ppl say about conduction flavor because to me the IQC tastes fantastic.

I do think that the humongous bowl and quality materials contribute to all the tasty flavor. It’s slightly less noticeable when I have a glass spacer in it

The pax3 I had before took away 90% of the flavor with its pax signature and I felt I was barely tasting the herb. I also think the pax is a solid vape.

Keep us posted. I had a hard time reaching CS trying to get oem replacement batteries but once they did answer the phone they were very helpful
I have a lot of vapes and the IQC is the best tasting 🤷

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have a lot of vapes and the IQC is the best tasting 🤷
For me I can't hands down say it's the best tasting of all my vapes but it's near the top. I have an IQ2 but it's super similar to an IQC I imagine (with some parts upgraded). Absolutely stellar taste probably due to the (mostly) ceramic airpath. I do love the fact that the bowl is large as well at around 0.5g.

I don't like the generalization that conduction vapes are somehow lesser than convection vapes. I own very tasty vapes that are conduction, convection and hybrid.

Top Bottom