• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thank you ! I read all pages but my questions unfortunately not get really answered :) can anyone have any tips ? This is so weird that it not gets brown I packed it tightly and til the top line of the white chamber
Welcome to vapes @Tonymakkaroni
I find the Davinci vapes do not darken herbs as much as some other vapes. They also don’t give off thick clouds.
This does not mean the goods are not being extracted - color of AVB (after vaped bud) does not necessarily mean it isn’t working.

However, if the buds are still green (and not a light brown) then something isn’t right.
Are you taking loooong hits? These need a long draw to get full effects.

Tonymakkaroni

Welcome to vapes @Tonymakkaroni
I find the Davinci vapes do not darken herbs as much as some other vapes. They also don’t give off thick clouds.
This does not mean the goods are not being extracted - color of AVB (after vaped bud) does not necessarily mean it isn’t working.

However, if the buds are still green (and not a light brown) then something isn’t right.
Are you taking loooong hits? These need a long draw to get full effects.
Thx for your reply bro… yes im taking long hits like 8-12 seconds. Hmm Im trying to pack it tighter til the top.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thx for your reply bro… yes im taking long hits like 8-12 seconds. Hmm Im trying to pack it tighter til the top.
I have been trying to time my draws (which is no easy task b/c when I know I am timing, I don’t draw as organically) and I have found a minimum of 10 sec (and up to 17 sec) works best for me. Slow and steady.
You definitely need to pack it well, no empty space between pearl and herb.

Note: I am describing what I do with my IQ2, but I am pretty sure they work very similarly.

cpl5938

I have the IQ2 and the IQC and they work similar, although the IQC is easier to clean and stays cleaner for some reason. The air dial on the IQ2 makes a difference. I use the dosage pods packed pretty tight. I can get good clouds at higher temps and very dark AVB. Tastes like crap at that point but at least I know it’s extracted as much as possible.

Cloudybutsunny

Hi everybody! :)

Has anyone tried using the larger spacer together with the pearl at maximum to do microdosing (around 0,1 the bowl)?

I already researched sooo much in the last week, for choosing which vape i want to get. I really like the DaVinci, but since I am not smoking a lot anymore the 0.2 dosage capsel still seems to big for me (at least for some occasions). But I really dont want the Miqro because of cleaning, battery, usb-c…..

Thanks in advance!

Cloudybutsunny,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Hi everybody! :)

Has anyone tried using the larger spacer together with the pearl at maximum to do microdosing (around 0,1 the bowl)?

I already researched sooo much in the last week, for choosing which vape i want to get. I really like the DaVinci, but since I am not smoking a lot anymore the 0.2 dosage capsel still seems to big for me (at least for some occasions). But I really dont want the Miqro because of cleaning, battery, usb-c…..

Welcome to the forum!

The large spacer and pearl together leaves minimal space in the oven for herb and perfect for micro dosing. Another option for micro dozing that I prefer is to use a SS dosing capsule, extract the amount required, turn the vape off, and dump out the capsule. The herb immediately stops heating, and the capsule is ready for your next session. It also can be placed back into the silicone capsule case to retain freshness if desired.

The advantage to this method is cleaning the IQx is reduced to an iso soaked Q tip swipe over the vapor path parts after every couple of capsules only. My IQ2 still looks brand new after eight months of use.

If you prefer a fresh bowl for every session, and don't mind the extra cleaning, then the spacers will work perfectly for you. Davinci vaporizers are purposely designed for the user and their personal needs and preferences.

Buying tip: The good folks at Davinci will match any sale price you find elsewhere.

Herbal Ant

So I'm on DaVinci's website and I'm trying to decide on accessories for the IQC. So far I have an extra battery, IQ2 flavor chamber, IQ2 water tool adapter, IQ2 dosage pods refill kit, and trying to decide between glass spacers or zirconia ceramic spacers, thoughts?
I was wondering the differences between the ceramic pods, zirconia spacers, and glass spacers. As far as heat conduction, does one or the other heat faster or stay heated longer? Also curious as far as staying clean longer or staining...

Last edited:

Cloudybutsunny

Welcome to the forum!

The large spacer and pearl together leaves minimal space in the oven for herb and perfect for micro dosing. Another option for micro dozing that I prefer is to use a SS dosing capsule, extract the amount required, turn the vape off, and dump out the capsule. The herb immediately stops heating, and the capsule is ready for your next session. It also can be placed back into the silicone capsule case to retain freshness if desired. [...]

Thank you so much @endof3d ! That really helped me decide and I did not regret it. The IQC arrived yesterday and I am already in love with the possibility to just take two hits and then let the hot dosing capsule glide into its sillicone dose to cool it off :love:

I also bought the zirconia spacers just for trying them out and for the occasions when I dont have enough material to pack a full capsule. The material feels really good and although I will probably not use them very often I dont regret buying them. For me the descision between glass and zirconia was purely haptic-wise. I just dont like to handle small glass stuff, because I am scared to break it lol... So I sadly cant say anything about heat conduction.

btw: My first session was a bit disappointing, because I did not get much vapor at all. Then I read in this fantastic forum again and tried waiting a little longer (like 30 seconds after it heated up) and take reaaaal slow and long hits (with breathing air a little in between) and that did wonders!! Thanx @La máquina de vapor & @Jill NYC 🔥

cpl5938

I only take a couple of hits at a time but don’t have to take out the dosage pod. What I do is turn the unit off in the middle of the second hit and pull in air for the rest of the hit and then I’m ready for next time. I open the bottom door just a little which speeds up the process. After that I sometimes pull a little more to get any vapor left.

endof3d

@Cloudybutsunny happy that you're enjoying your new IQC! It's going to be a good, reliable friend for a very long time.

Keep in mind that the grind, pack, moisture level, and temperature all play an important role in the quality and quantity of vapor from the IQX.

Dosing pods need more time and heat to bring them to temp and stay there than if you were just heating the bowl alone. Ceramic pods take longer than Stainless Steel ones to heat. Using smart path 4, or temp stepping from 400/410F, them raising up to 420F, then finishing at 430F through out the life of the capsule works perfect for this user. Also, as you might already found, different temps give different mind/body experiences from the same flower. Experimenting is always fun.;)

Below is a direct quote from @Davinci_vaporizer that helped me zero in on my technique.

"Just want to chime in here and put focus on that a firmer pack will increase vapor production. Some other contributors will be the moisture/dryness of your flower, the grind of course. We recommend medium coarse to just above fine grind. Oh and let's not forget well temperature, amount loaded, and length of draw.​

Most importantly though, the firmness of the pack. DaVinci is all about conduction heating. That being said, you want as much material in contact with each other, and pressed against the walls of the oven. Conduction will heat evenly and most effectively. Do you want to pack it so tight that it's a puck of flower? Absolutely not. Just a solid tamp in between "scoops" does the trick.​

The 3 in 1 tool that we offer has a blunt end and that end is a PERFECT tamper for our oven size. If not that, then I have a personal share where I use the eraser side of a brand new pencil. (Also the brand new pencil eraser tamps the pods VERY WELL).​

Now, with pods, don't be afraid to really tamp it to the top. If you see the image we shared on IG today, it is right at the top. Then you push that pod cap in and you got a nice solid pack. (Yes some flower may push out of the side grooves at the top of the pod, so do it over a rolling tray or surface where you normally load things."​
Enjoy.​

Herbal Ant

I ordered the flavor chamber and water tool for an IQ2 with my IQC and I can't get the original flavor chamber out...is the only difference between the IQ2 and IQC chamber the silicone cap? I just switched the caps since I couldn't get it out.

Last edited:

cpl5938

I ordered the flavor chamber and water tool for an IQ2 with my IQC and I can't get the original flavor chamber out...is the only difference between the IQ2 and IQC chamber the silicone cap? I just switched the caps since I couldn't get it out.
Yes, the cap is the difference. However, you have to get the chamber out to clean it and underneath it as well. The flavor chamber come out easier if the IQC is warm.

@Tonymakkaroni, Hi Tony and Hello to all users on FC!
I hope I can help you about vapor production and more, using IQC vaporizer.

First of all, I apologize for language, which is not my native one.

All I have to say is, I figred out in one week how to properly use IQC, this is my method, and other users might won't like it.
When I learned how to use vaporizer, I must say that it is the most powerfull conduction vaporizer, it gives you a good effect of CBD or THC strains. I have collection of others, Dynavap, PAX, Crafty, Plenty, Flowermate V5.0 Pro, Fury Edge, Aura, and this latest version IQC is the winner with a big margin.

I'm using it with SS pods, I vape with a 5 minute session. I simply turn on IQC with 180C settings, and when vibrates, I play my own created 5 minutes session in MP3, it will remind me with a short sound effect on every 1 minute to pull a 5 seconds draw, so its like a MP3 song where you draw 5 times. You could edit it and extend to 8 minutes if you'd like. The reason I pick this method is that you constantly build up heat in correct and precise timing and you can forget when to pull a draw, just enjoy it by a sound guide. You can download it here from Wetransfer link:

I have tested 10 seconds draw vs. 5 seconds draw, and a winner by the effect that it gives you is 5 seconds.
I have tested tight pack vs. light tap pack, and the winner by the effect it gives you is light tap pack.

I didn't believe that seconds and tight/light packing affected the cannabis effect itself.

With a light pack you have better draw resistance, so If you pack hard, a draw resistance is bad.
1 minute pause to build up heat between draws is a must for temperature till 180C.
If you vape 200C or more, then you can edit base sound track to 30 seconds between draws.

I'm using this tool, it's better than Davinci tool.
Also, Im using Arizer Air 2 / Solo 2 black curved pipe that fits on silicone water adapter by DAVINCI
Air https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/arizer-bent-black-mouthpiece

DAVINCI said that a pack of herb must be fimrly packed in a pod, but with my experience I don't think so.

Guide to good vapor production and great effect:

- Use a SS or ceramic pod and grind medium (almost fine) herb. Weed must be good quality.
- Fill the stainless steel pod till thread (80% capacity of SS pod) - just tap gently with a packing tool
- Take a big needle and poke through SS pod opening, through the center of weed, so that tiny hole is created (better vapor & draw resistance)
- When a hole is created, screw the SS cap on, put SS pod in the oven that the threaded cap is seen first (pearl goes on threaded SS cap)
- You must check the pearl that it's firmly placed and screwed just till hard to close a lid, so that the lid closes nicely
- If the pearl is NOT correctly screwed that slightly touches SS pod, there is very weak vapor production
- Just fire IQC, wait to reach the temperature, when it vibrates play downloaded track that guides you when to draw / stop and enjoy!

This way I guarantee that vapor production is very good, as the effect of the weed.
It cannot be expected that you vape huge clouds, except if you vape at 200C or even more for more vapor, but then you should use water bong.

So, visible cloud/vapor production is not always an indication that the device is working well. It is an effect it gives you.
You can vape THC at 165C and you can definitely feel that effect with a little vapor production for hours.

I'm using my IQC for a month now, and I am more than happy with it.
It really shines in everything: Elegance, quality build, effect, power and efficiency.

Tony, I hope you'll made it for better :)
Keep vapin' and kind regards.
Luke

endof3d

@lukahafner That's what I love about the Davinci IQx series. They're engineered and designed to enable everyone to be able to personalize their experience and dial in their preferred extraction. Although your requirements may differ from mine, we are both still able to satisfy our particular needs. Can't think of any other vape that can be that accommodating.

VapeWell

@lukahafner That's what I love about the Davinci IQx series. They're engineered and designed to enable everyone to be able to personalize their experience and dial in their preferred extraction. Although your requirements may differ from mine, we are both still able to satisfy our particular needs. Can't think of any other vape that can be that accommodating.
I’ll second that. For a single well-baked serving, I place 1/8 teaspoon of med-fine ground herb in the oven of my IQC, followed by the 10mm spacer with the pearl screwed in all the way. 2 sess’ using SP 1 - 3 and I’m well-baked and ready for interplanetary travel.
By Dumping out the oven (and being careful not to lose the spacer) right after my sess, the oven stays very clean.
Moved up from a mIQro with which I was very happy.
Keep up the great work Da Vinci.

Raf2023

I bought an iqc and I have questions about the batteries, I wanted to know if using 20a batteries is there any risk??
the originals are 10
You almost don't see articles about it, I read the iq2 forum and there are people who use it, could there be a problem with the device over time???
I can't vape with my iqc anymore because the battery drains in less than 7 minutes maximum, before that I was able to do 4 sessions of 8 minutes maximum, I let the batteries charge via usb for hours and even then it drains really fast, I bought a charger of batteries and I'm waiting for it to arrive, I wanted to buy a battery but I'm not sure 20a 30a 15a
hope you understand why i had to use google translate

I'm having some problems with my iqc, at first even with a new and full battery it would turn off by itself, the battery indicator is not reliable because it has already turned off due to low battery and when I turn it back on it works normally, I'm on my third vaper, classic ascent and now iqc, i was sad with these problems with only 4 months of use
I called the garage here in Brazil, I sent photos and video and I'm waiting for an answer, I found it a little difficult to clean under the oven, ACENT didn't have this problem because the dust fell from the oven

Raf2023,

newola

Hi all. Does anyone else’s IQC buzz like a set of mini hair clippers please? Just received a brand new one not 10 mins ago and was doing a burn off and I noticed the buzzing sound coming from the unit. Like a medium to low level electric buzz. Unplugged and doing a first burn off. Not particularly happy about that sound. My miqro, pax 2, crafty, mighty, v3 pro, wolkenkraft fx mini, cfx make no such sound.

Thanks

Al

Last edited:

endof3d

Hi all. Does anyone else’s IQC buzz like a set of mini hair clippers please? Just received a brand new one not 10 mins ago and was doing a burn off and I noticed the buzzing sound coming from the unit. Like a medium to low level electric buzz. Unplugged and doing a first burn off. Not particularly happy about that sound. My miqro, pax 2, crafty, mighty, v3 pro, wolkenkraft fx mini, cfx make no such sound.

Not sure if this will be of any assistance, but remember an episode of Troy 420 where he held his IQ2 and IQC close up to the mic demonstrating that the IQ2 has a louder more annoying buzz than his new IQC. Personally, I don't think the buzzer in my IQ2 is any louder than any other vape I own.

Lot of Davinci owners here in FC. Let us know if it changes and what your experience using the IQC is like.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

Thanks

Al
Hey Al, thank you for your question.

In most cases, in a quiet room, this would be more audible than in any other scenario. The sound you are hearing is harmless and can be found in any vaporizer that regulates a stable and precise temperature in the oven. Because our algorithm allows for precision temperature, and because we use a conduction ceramic oven, it requires a fair bit of power to maintain a consistent heating cycle.

What you hear is PWM (pulse width modulation) and a slight vibration that is audible from our technology regulating temperature. We are working to insulate this sound a bit more in the future.

I welcome you to DM me if you want to explore this more.

Not sure if this will be of any assistance, but remember an episode of Troy 420 where he held his IQ2 and IQC close up to the mic demonstrating that the IQ2 has a louder more annoying buzz than his new IQC. Personally, I don't think the buzzer in my IQ2 is any louder than any other vape I own.

Lot of Davinci owners here in FC. Let us know if it changes and what your experience using the IQC is like.
It does really vary a bit and thank you for your contribution as it is helpful!

newola

Hi, I've just ordered the zirconia spacers from davinci directly as they are near impossible to find here in the UK.

Can anyone please tell me how much they reduce the oven by?

So the oven holds 0.5 grams, how much does it hold with just the 6 mm spacer please?

Also how much with just the 10 mm spacer?

Many thanks

Al

newola,

endof3d

Hi, I've just ordered the zirconia spacers from davinci directly as they are near impossible to find here in the UK.

Can anyone please tell me how much they reduce the oven by?

So the oven holds 0.5 grams, how much does it hold with just the 6 mm spacer please?

Also how much with just the 10 mm spacer?

Many thanks

Al
Haven't had the need to use the spacers to date, but hopefully can answer your question in this manner. When I measure the ceramic part of the bowl it's approximately 17 mm in depth. So the 10 mm spacer will occupy close to 60% of the bowl. The 5 mm spacer will occupy approximately 30%. Keep in mind that the pearl also occupies space in the bowl when the lid is closed and will reduce the bowl size even further if extended. Note: Both spacers can not be used together even with the pearl completely retracted.

Likely my measurements and percentages are off, but the IQ series are certainly at the top of the list of portable micro dosers. Hope this helps.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Haven't had the need to use the spacers to date, but hopefully can answer your question in this manner. When I measure the ceramic part of the bowl it's approximately 17 mm in depth. So the 10 mm spacer will occupy close to 60% of the bowl. The 5 mm spacer will occupy approximately 30%. Keep in mind that the pearl also occupies space in the bowl when the lid is closed and will reduce the bowl size even further if extended. Note: Both spacers can not be used together even with the pearl completely retracted.

Likely my measurements and percentages are off, but the IQ series are certainly at the top of the list of portable micro dosers. Hope this helps.
All very good info!

But I disagree with the microdosing - you still need a decent amount to make any of the IQ series work well, even with spacer, so I personally do not consider this a good vape for microdosers.

I guess it all depends on what amount constitutes microdosing. For me, if it needs more than 0.1g to work well, it isn’t a microdoser. To me a microdosing is in the 0.05 range or less.
I am sure I have some amounts written down somewhere for both the IQ2 and MiQro (my experiences) and will try to add more info to this post when I find them.
YMMV

endof3d

All very good info!

But I disagree with the microdosing - you still need a decent amount to make any of the IQ series work well, even with spacer, so I personally do not consider this a good vape for microdosers.

I guess it all depends on what amount constitutes microdosing. For me, if it needs more than 0.1g to work well, it isn’t a microdoser. To me a microdosing is in the 0.05 range or less.
I am sure I have some amounts written down somewhere for both the IQ2 and MiQro (my experiences) and will try to add more info to this post when I find them.
YMMV

I stand corrected. I've just used the SS dosing capsules to date, with the method of one or two draws then removing and reusing later. Not a method for flavour chasers agreed, but for medicating works great for me.

Can think of several portable on demand, battery powered convection vapes that would be on the top of the list as well. Undoubtedly more.

You have a wealth of experience, thank you for your willingness to share it.

Top Bottom