Dablamp E-Rig

RushVaporTrails

thanks for that

just watched the troy and Jerry livestream where they mention the dablamp,

of course jerry is in this thread as a tester, he said he had broken the glass on this twice and both had concerns about the 10mm sizing being weak as far as easy to break

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Senior Stoner has made another review, no IH interference on his sound set up this time.
I would not take too much notice of his PPP part of the video as it seems he forgot how to operate it...that can be a problem when you own so many devices, at least the Dablamp seems to have a pretty simple user interface...the only downside I can see is the charger is proprietary, not USB-C unfortunately...like the old Mighty, maybe a future upgrade to QI USB-c that has higher volts/amps output as needed depending on your wallwart size it should work.
Looking forward to receiving mine and giving it a run...looks like a cloud monster!

ChooChooCharlie

I could tell instantly, it was a POS, but for fun, I signed up, like many. My main issue, was they obviously knew who to pick for their lame 2 test units, a “professional reviewer”. I’d hoped at least someone that couldn’t afford a vape got one, or Vitolo who gifts donated vapes to needy patients. Toss this thread in the BIN...
Good idea, I ordered a couple through that amazon link. Uncle Vito told me a few patients prefer dabs over flower, and look forward to something with more punch than a pen style. Good price, IMO, for this package. Should probably order couple glass replacements when their online payment processing is up again. Current environment must suck for new companies, as if it wasn't bad enough before

LesPlenty

Company Rep
give it away to one or two seasoned reviewers
No use giving the units to a noob that does not have experience with many other devices.
I was given a unit to test and give feedback, stuck in transit due to covid but Melbourne (international freight hub for most of Oz) is finally starting up again so I am hoping to see it soon.
not sure what people are actually reading that inspires a purchase of one of these?
IH, as people like me that hate butane will probably agree.
Broke the neck on the bubbler with ZERO pressure.
Glass does not just break by itself usually but thicker glass can handle being ham-fisted a lot better...definitely sounds like an area for improvement as I find glass is a consumable at the best of times (I can be a fumbling ham-fisted stoner at times...usually whenever I am awake).:tup:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I got the Dablamp about a month ago, and I must say it's outstanding for cold start dabs. I have all of the CH bangers and a Tsunami but the Dablamp, while obviously not the same level of craftsmanship, get's me medicated and I think it does it cleaner, quicker, and more effectively.

I would definitely urge you to try one. I enjoy it more than my RIO.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was also sent one of these about a month ago, but for me it was putting off a horrible smell, I ran several empty burn offs, over two charge fulls, not sure if it is just the copper coils of the heating element that I smell? Or if it could be the electronics beneath, or some insulation or something else?? It did seem to get better once I got the hang of the heating controls, so I could run it more, however I even saw fumes rise up when I attached the glass and the titanium cup... Different smell from heating the titanium cup, it does go hot enough to turn red on the bottom, fumes dissipated and the smell did a bit as well, I did not want to try it for a while, even though most of the bad smell was underneath outside of the vapor path air path, but it was such a strong smell I felt like it would ruin the whole experience for me... However it finally got to a point where I felt like I could try it!

Fortunately, in proper use, the smell is not really noticeable at all, not only is it outside of the air path vapor path with that area, in normal use you are only heating it up for your hit, probably not hot enough for it to overheat and let the smell ruin the experience, especially with the glass attached that area is fully sealed off... And yeah the titanium cup, does not get as hot sitting, without any insert, as I try to before, although I do feel like there may have been a slight hot metal aftertaste from my first attempt?

I'm not really a fan of cold start dabs in general, struggle to want to use my Sai+ and bottomless banger ever, but this was pretty nice with some cbx cereal milk terp sugar... I loaded a decent amount so I got one big big hit, q-tipped the quartz cup immediately after, pretty smooth considering although it felt hot and harsh at first I had a pretty quick recovery from it... My next one was some raw garden chemonade diamond, smaller amount, lighter but smoother hit, did not really even need to recover much from this one at all!

That's all I've done so far, honestly not that fun of an experience for me, though it was certainly very simple and effective! I think I still prefer doing hot start tabs torching banger using my own recycler rigs... This glass is solid, I could see how it could be a little fragile potentially, also there really needs to be a funnel or something included because filling it up with water is very difficult otherwise! It holds a decent amount without any splashback, decent enough filtration, but it would be great to see other water piece options, larger with recycler stuff...

And so the controls, there is no temperature control, there are three settings based off time, the standard green is 35 seconds I think? You flip the switch to turn it on, wait 2 seconds, then press the button and it will begin heating... You press the button twice as it is heating to stop it from heating. If you want to switch to blue (25sec) or red (40sec?) you would do the above and then while it is off you press the button three times to change to the next setting, then press again to begin heating at that setting... After a heat circle is completed, you can tap it again to heat for an additional 10 seconds, but if you want to do another full cycle you will have to flip the power switch off and on again first... Also if you press the button right away after flipping the power switch, instead of waiting 2 seconds, you will then enter on demand heating mode (they call this continuous heating mode and the other version smart heating mode but I told them to change that lol) where holding down the button heats and it stops heating if you let go of the button...

I think it is totally fine that it only has one temp setting, simpler, I was using the green setting for my hits but I was turning it off early so I'd probably be fine with the blue setting, but since the default is always green, I see no point in switching to the blue setting before beginning a session, you can just end it early, so I feel like the different settings are not so useful, personally... Now that I understand it the button and switch system is simple enough, they will update the instructions to make it more clear I believe, but I think it could be made even simpler since I don't know how useful the on demand heating feature would be, having to hold down the button instead of tapping it, and the way you cycle through settings, to adjust the length of the session, well it is a little convoluted to me!

The battery life seems to be pretty fantastic, makes sense because the base is quite large and heavy, I wouldn't call it the most portable thing, but it's certainly not a desktop per se (when I used it I hit it from the table instead of trying to hold it, much easier that way especially if you want to q-tip right after)... I think it is a solid easy way to do cold start dabbing, easy to load with separate insert buckets as opposed to the Sai+, I was thinking about trying to do a hot start dab with it too though... Have not yet tried the silicon carbide cup, very nice that it comes with that in addition to the quartz cup, although the titanium cup (note you always use the Ti cup, it holds one of the other cups) and SiC cup was pretty dirty cleaning with iso qtip so hopefully I was able to get it all and it is pure to use now... That material is supposed to be better for flavor and keeping clean I think??

I will also say that the company has been good, very responsive to me and my concerns about the smell and operation, I'm not sure exactly where all the hate came from here, seems like this is still a pretty new product... Certainly something different from the other e-rigs I've seen at least!

Vitolo

Vaporist
We are looking for people to be the first ones to test Dablamp E-Rig and The sample is free!
I surely was not alert enough to see this sooner.
I stay too busy for my own good!
Uncle Vito told me a few patients prefer dabs over flower,
I did get 2 units for patients and I just worked with one unit to get to know it.
I had gifted a new Puffco Peak to a patient almost 3 years ago.
I have been able to maintain his Peak for a very long time.... as I acquired a number of atomizers, and still have some put back for him.
I'd like to leave all attys with him, but I get afraid that he may misdiagnose a halt in action, and dispose of or lose a still good atomizer.
Right from the start, I like the Dablamp's absence of atomizer.
This is a very convincing argument in the Dablamp's favor.
The Puffco Peak gave a fast thick hit, but at the cost of replaced atomizers, and perhaps smoothness/harshness ratio.
Not intending any comparison here... I spoke about the Peak 3 years ago.
I did feel that I had more control over the vapor with the Dablamp.. less vapor sitting in between hits... and less rush to finish the hits
The Dablamp's heating system, once you are tuned in to it, is easy to use.
I had a number of induction Loto Lux units.
I still have one brand new, but as induction goes this takes the cake in heater size and simplicity.
The hits are decidedly more flavorful using @Dablamp 's creation.
I have yet to witness the large battery's life under fire.
My first hit was a learning hit.
Dense, to the point and mind altering.
I did not wait as long as I might have to try a preheat with that same dab's leftovers, and
ended up learning what a huge hit the heating system can smack me in the face with!
More medicated than usual (just tested a new strain of flower minutes before).. that 2nd hit was a monster!
... but even though I bit off more than I usually chew, it remained tasty to me.
and the way you cycle through settings, to adjust the length of the session, well it is a little convoluted to me!
@Shit Snacks ... you said a mouthful!
Mastering this session change at first, made me feel like I was having to use a bit of mind control mixed with technology...
as though I was not truly in physical control.
I get it now!
I like the device.
The fragile parts, actually only that bubble concerned me at first.. glass and I have a relationship that is sometimes less than ideal.
The solidity of the unit, in weight, with well balanced low center of gravity create
a balance that provides simple control of the Bubble's safety up there. It's light weight seems to give you some control.
For cleaning, I didn't have the guts to go in while still warm with the q-tip, so I waited and cleaned it with iso and a swab after.
As far as the evolution of E-rigs has gone, this is my favorite to date.
Considering how much I dislike water use and bubblers for a variety of reasons, they've
made a paired water tool that I like using with water inside.
I will watch the battery life, but at 4200 mAh I suspect I will like this also.
I enjoy this tool, and @Dablamp now has a big fan!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
In spite of exercising what I thought was great caution, I managed to drop and break my bubble cap on the first night.:uhoh:
Disappointed in myself, I'll rectify situation in a timely fashion- as soon as the website allows.
Since air only goes inwards on the Dablamp Glass Bubble Cap maybe one could be made using one of the new super hard
glass substitutes like the newest unbreakable drinkwear/wineglasses. (Or like the new dispensary concentrate jars)

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I had a Dr. Dabber "Switch"... and forgot about that carb cap.
If I recall, it had a flat bottom and sat on the opening.
I am in touch with the company, and they will guide me to a new "Bubble Cap".
(with which I will adapt my precautionary measures!)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If I recall, it had a flat bottom and sat on the opening.
That was their early version (that was supposed to be terrible), they now ship with a bubble cap.
Up to 50mm on the Gate cheap, sold in pairs almost as if they know what we are like!
1635642504595.png

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thank @LesPlenty !
It seems a bit big, but who knows.. the perfect roundness of it will likely work.
You've led me to a good spot....
I found this :
Now my only issue is it's now day 2 with the tool, and the quartz cup just broke.
I filled it for a hit and turned to get the Titanium to insert it.. and I heard a "tink"... like a needle hitting the ground.
I do not know what happened except that it's glass!
I tried out the Sic bucket.
I can not see through it for cleaning.
I got healthy hits, but I found the quartz to have a superior taste.
Love the Quartz Bucket.
I'm not a fan of the Sic Bucket.
I wrote an updated message to @Dablamp explaining my need for more glass than initially requested.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Bloody glass...definitely a consumable item but usually breaks for a reason...your above story does not bode well, hopefully, a rare occurrence. :hmm:
I have gotten more used to the taste of the Sic.
The Quartz Bucket helped reveal if there was still a good amount left, so using the Sic Bucket is more intuitive
Since I can't see through it I can't swear on it... but it does seem to clean up very easily.
I like the way glass looks and the way others make use of it.
I don't have one glass drinking vessel in my home!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Observation about Battery life, from a more experienced and enlightened standpoint:
I charged the battery at 3:00 p.m. on Friday- Oct. 29, and began serious use... constantly.
I have played, experimented, over-used, all-but-abused, and stayed medicated until just now...
through day and night..
... when the battery said "NO MORE'.
That means that I got 55 hours of almost continual use, before the battery demanded juice.
Pretty respectable score!

ChooChooCharlie

Emu-animal-cr.jpg

Contacted them about ordering more glass. Note to self: check your spam folder periodically. After I found their reply, ordered a couple each of the glass attachment pieces, bubble carb caps, and quartz cups. Nice folks at Dablamp added couple free quartz cups as a bonus. Sweet

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had a couple more solid uses with mine, with some of my different concentrate, even with the battery dying I was able to eke out a hit... Also let my roommate try it last night with some mango tangie, worked pretty well for him, without the usual coughing fit lol

Top Bottom