Dablamp E-Rig

LesPlenty

Company Rep
...do you think the DABB rig will steal the thunder...???...
No...choices are great and the two only share the same heating style...IH.
that's a good idea using the iSpire cups
I like the faster heat transfer of the Ispire cups and that they are a single piece...easier to load/unload especially when hot as I can grab them with my ceramic reverse tweezers more easily when multi-dabbing cold starts.
The supplied Dablamp SiC cup is great for consuming my 'dirtier' high pressure/temp rosin as I can torch it clean as often as I like without fear of degradation that I get with torching quartz (I SimpleGreen soak quartz to make it last but that can take days even with an ultrasonic cleaner).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just a quick message to any other owners...DO NOT TRY TO USE WHILE CHARGING...my unit will no longer operate after trying (nothing in the instructions says not to)...waiting to hear from Bear if that is what broke my unit. :cry:

Last edited:

DogBoy

know fear
...I was just letting him know that was an issue for me but that makes it more so...I found this guy to be a conscientious merchant...

...I found this devise to be exciting but between the battery issues and the Inspire cups I will await further developments...

...with my imperfect technique I need deep bangers with good thermal qualities that will not let anything escape over the top of the cup...

...it does not seem like a big ask considering how well cheap glass sand bangers seem work for me...

...what would be so hard aboot something like that...???...we don't really want no shallow sapphire dish or nuthin' like that there.....

DogBoy,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Bear at Dablamp has informed me the instruction book will be updated to warn users not to attempt pass-through charging so a positive came out of the tragedy of killing my unit.
Looks like I might be getting one of the newer units to put through its paces so all will be well. :tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Got home from camping a few days ago to find my new Dablamp at the front door...no pass thru charge testing on this one!
Seems similar to the old unit (parts are interchangeable) except the body is now black, pics to follow when attachments are up and running again. :tup:
The new unit also has an opaque quartz bowl instead of the clear that came with my OG...I charred the crap out of it yesterday while trying it out whilst heavily medicated (I thought I had the SiC bowl in that is black and rode the manual fire button way too long.:uhoh::science:
IH heating is so fast you can go too far quite quickly...stick to session mode when not thinking 'straight'.
The supplied SiC bowl is great for medicating and can be safely torched clean but I find I am using the Ispire cups more as the flavour just seems a bit cleaner by not having the Ti bowl holder exposed to the airpath.
I have managed to activate the over-temperature warning that stops the electronics from getting too hot and am getting a full day of dabbing out of the unit without battery low problems so pass-thru is not needed IMO...magnetic charging would have been nice as well as USB-C, the proprietory plug similar to the old Mighty could become a pain.
I am loving the j-hook style mouthpiece and overall ergonomics of the unit, it just fits right while reclined in my chair, a great movie watching vape.:tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm still loving my Dablamp, but would love it more with a longer carb cap.
I am using mine daily as the SiC cups are so easy to maintain.
The second carb cap I received from Dablamp is slightly longer than the OG(the bottom of it stays in the top of the cup when used) but is not long enough to use as a dabber.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am still in touch with the guys at Dablamp and advised they needed to look at pricing to be more affordable as this market has a lot of competition. They dropped the price to US$250 a while back but I informed them this is still too high and they are currently working on getting the unit down further in price to make it more appealing.
I will let you all know once I hear any news.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Use code Dablamp10 to get the best price (on Amazon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KS3B9Q...KX0DER&qid=1635817886&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2

It’s a great unit! Just wish it had a replaceable battery.
I just pulled down my spare broken unit and found it uses 4x18650 batteries (no wonder the unit goes so long between charges) that only require 3x Philips head screws to be removed to gain access so an easy battery swap when needed.
1662530590013-jpg.40067

1662531355480-jpg.40068

LesPlenty

Company Rep

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dablamp has been busy, they are releasing a herb attachment for the unit, pictures to follow.
There will also be a new color available soon, Chameleon,
1667464748464-png.41793

Any idea what the car is? I have not seen one driving around Tasmania.
The Dablamp is also available from Grass City for just under US$200 if you don't like using Amazon.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Dablamp has been busy, they are releasing a herb attachment for the unit, pictures to follow.
There will also be a new color available soon, Chameleon,
1667464748464-png.41793

Any idea what the car is? I have not seen one driving around Tasmania.
The Dablamp is also available from Grass City for just under US$200 if you don't like using Amazon.
Car is a BMW M4

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Gorgeous color, I wouldn't have thought anyone was looking (or should be looking) to do herbs in this though... I wouldn't at least

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Gorgeous color, I wouldn't have thought anyone was looking (or should be looking) to do herbs in this though... I wouldn't at least
I cannot see a reason to not try, my DAAB showed signs of being able to cook herb it just was not executed very well. I managed some nice sessions when modded. It is not as if the all glass/Ti cannot be cleaned between herb and trate use if you don't like herb bong smells (I don't).
The herb attachment is still a prototype so time will tell if it can be made to work.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The code DABLAMPFC10 works directly on Dablamps site now so good for peeps that did not like/want to use Amazon.
So I was not too far wrong when I thought the Dablamp reminded of a Jeanie bottle,
X1_480x480.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It is give-away time at Dablamp, check out the following if you do IG,

Adobewan

It is give-away time at Dablamp, check out the following if you do IG,
Very cool.
It's a great unit, good luck to all!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Apparently the above link to the give-away has had problems so here is a new one for those that want to try for a free unit,

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Vitolo

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The good guys and gals at Dablamp were nice enough to send me one of the new colour units along with the herb attachment to try out.
I thought I would share my first bowl of herb with you peeps to show what you are in for. If you have used a VC with an IH you will have some idea. The Dablamp herb chamber looks like a double-sized VC but has a screw-on cap that does not click.
I loaded up the bowl, screwed on the cap, turned the unit on to heat at its green(mid) temperature, and slowly pulled on the glass until I saw vapor forming and double clicked to stop heating when I did as the herb head has a lot of mass.
I had a very nice full-flavoured toke. I waited a minute or 2 then did the same op again and was met with a huge great tasting cloud that caught me off guard a bit...nice. I tried one more repeat and got vapor but it was now the almost burnt popcorn taste. No char but the load was well-done.
Shown here with a VC to give you an idea of the oven size...just about perfect for 2 puffs and you can see the helix the air has to travel thru before it gets to the load for a nice mix of conduction and convection!
1670567841009-jpg.42760

It does look nice,
1670567841024-jpg.42761

For a first herb bowl, I am impressed as I was not expecting it to be this good stock, let the real testing begin!

Top Bottom