Dablamp E-Rig

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hi everyone!

We are looking for people to be the first ones to test Dablamp E-Rig and The sample is free!

I'm indifferent who landed with this for beta... I just think it was a deceptive way to juice their thread with subscribers before any actual release.

"Who wants a free vape- sign up HERE"
...surely, you are going to get a big response.

I know it's a matter of opinion but I kind of feel the same way. I certainly don't begrudge either tester and I even suggested Jerry. From the initial post above, I was just under the belief that there would be a few beta testers beyond those who might do it regularly. Using the terms "people" and "first ones" would mean two at minimum, and that's certainly what it was. :wave:

The website shows $259 now. However, they do say "Sign Up for exclusive updates, new arrivals & insider-only discounts"

Maybe you can get a discount for being an insider?

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I tested mine until I broke the glass. Solid little performer. I quickly grew fond of the very fast heat up with on-demand style. Just hold the button while heating and hitting, and let go when done. Induction is dope that way. Zero features or algorithms for now, but this one is worth watching...

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Found this on IG looks an e-version of a rio. Pretty cool looking 1761CBAE-FBC2-4DCA-B227-5646C9982205.jpeg
Here’s their page with the info on it

fak

The Dude
The way the banger connects to the rest of the glass piece reminds me of my beloved Liger <3 so this definitely gets the thumbs up from me XD

fak,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, @iDRINKBLEACH , do you really dig that design...? everybody is different but I personnaly found that design ugly although it may perform very well though... I don't know!
To ask to delete that thread it's better to hit the "report" button.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Hi, @iDRINKBLEACH , do you really dig that design...? everybody is different but I personnaly found that design ugly although it may perform very well though... I don't know!
To ask to delete that thread it's better to hit the "report" button.
Digging the design and looking cool were meant in different fashions. I do think it looks cool, i meant it in the sense that the rio is cool and an electric version is a cool idea. I don’t care for the roundness of bubbly look myself but it is different from peaks, cartas, etc of the many in that style.

Kins

Just looks cheap to me. The guy came in here posting like there were going to be a bunch of different testers but then went in a completely different direction....That just is off putting to me and makes me question the company and their motives. What they did feels like a typical bait and switch.....I don't know maybe it's just me...

Texus

$259 for an induction rig is a nice price point. Nice to see that price point drop from where the Switch is. Tho haven't looked at how features compare (as usual putting aside Switch's not very beloved flower function). AND it looks like SIC is included. That makes the price point that much more attractive for an IH e-rig.

Though the main thing that would give me pause is that as best I can tell, you cannot adjust the temp. That's a ding. I so frequently step up my temps with the SIC in my Switch, and find that different temps work better for different concentrates.

And yes, when I see the device, it looks like the Rio and Switch had a baby.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just looks cheap to me. The guy came in here posting like there were going to be a bunch of different testers but then went in a completely different direction....That just is off putting to me and makes me question the company and their motives. What they did feels like a typical bait and switch.....I don't know maybe it's just me...
Their approach was TOTALLY deceptive, and a shitty way to get a bunch of us subscribed to this thread.

... I don't give a FUCK if this is the next best thing since sliced bread- I would never buy from this company.

And yes, when I see the device, it looks like the Rio and Switch had a baby.

NAH BRO!!!

It looks like Dablamp just completely ripped off RiO's design and added an atomizer.
There is no evolution nor innovative designs to be found here... just low rent knock-offs.

Kins

Their approach was TOTALLY deceptive, and a shitty way to get a bunch of us subscribed to this thread.

... I don't give a FUCK if this is the next best thing since sliced bread- I would never buy from this company.

Nah bro! It looks like Dablamp just completely ripped off RiO's design and added an atomizer.
There is no evolution to be found here.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I might be the only one that feels that way.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

NAH BRO!!!

It looks like Dablamp just completely ripped off RiO's design and added an atomizer.
There is no evolution nor innovative designs to be found here... just low rent knock-offs.

I could tell instantly, it was a POS, but for fun, I signed up, like many. My main issue, was they obviously knew who to pick for their lame 2 test units, a “professional reviewer”. I’d hoped at least someone that couldn’t afford a vape got one, or Vitolo who gifts donated vapes to needy patients. Toss this thread in the BIN...

Texus

I continue to be surprised by the intensity of this sort of response to the way Dablamp started this thread. I mean it wasn't a good move, but they are getting crucified for this one misstep. Unfairly so IMHO. They are new, and I am pretty sure would do it differently if given a chance based on these responses.

But an ALL CAPS denunciation feels as harsh as ditch weed smoked out of a Coke can to me. I'd rather default to a generous, supportive response until a pattern of behavior suggests otherwise. One marketing misstep, I can certainly forgive.

And I am more keyed in on features and execution. So big win to have another induction erig on the market (think it is only the Switch prior to this). That price point with SIC and bubble carb included is a nice one. That carb cap and SIC with a Switch add another $100 to the MSRP. Still not sure I'd want to live without temp control, but induction for ~50% of what Switch costs? Compelling.

LongDraw

Inteteresting thread, and a lot of interesting responses.

Personally, don't get all the frustration, and belive i have read each comment on this thread, even through my hat in the ring for review.

This website is not a representation of the public, it is a buch of enthusiasts. Does anyone really expect a company to send out a buch of 250 dollar devices, or to those with no history and trust they provide a reveiw. Maybe they screwed up on initial comment, not sure, but think through it some.

Does anyone here actually expect a company to come here an answer each thought/issue/feeling that a poster has?

I am in now way pro business, but i am at least understanding.

They are starting a new product. Kinda odd some feel a rip off of other shapes? It is a shape, they found how to work it better with electronics. A lot of things have similiar shapes or designs, if it was truly that uniqe they could get a patent i would believe.

No skin in this game, don't care how it works out for the comapny, or the response of others, but think a little bit.

Imagine this, you own a business. Will you jump through hoops for every single person who complains? That would be a huge waste.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Oh I didn’t know that. Pretty lame to come out hyping like “line em boys, we need as many testers as you can round up” attitude and then only release 2 haha. I posted another thread on this and didn’t even realize the crazy heat the thread is catching until it merged.
Edit- my thoughts on it are if plans must change they should have been more translucent about it and at least release a couple to some FCrs to try and appease the major let down vs possibly axing a decent demographic of what could have been customers a long with many people who will find this thread of theirs on a google search. Ouch it won’t tank them but we’re talking what if they lose 10% sales over the year over a couple dablamps. Not a good play

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The interesting thing is what you call an atomizer...induction heating (I hate dealing with butane, nearly as bad as 2 strokes)
Does anyone here actually expect a company to come here an answer each thought/issue/feeling that a poster has?
Yes, on here(FC)...Ed can do it and he is not getting his stuff made in China on the cheap, same with Shane selling coils with stuff made elsewhere, even Dr Dabber and Boundless do keep an eye on the threads and their stuff is definately made in China. They all help where they can if no member jumps in first. :2c:
I am looking forward to the bugs being ironed out so there is another option for rosin consumption that is not heated by a flimsy plate atty (or fire)!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I am looking forward to the bugs being ironed out so there is another option for rosin consumption that is not heated by a flimsy plate atty (or fire)!
They can add instructions that you can drink off the bubbler if you are dehydrated and maybe switch to flaking medical paint , people seem to be awfully positive about it :D..

Top Bottom