• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear D-nail thread

acolyte

Heh, in any case, I'm glad to be using my d-nail sic halo right now. I'm greatly reducing my consumption of THC recently, and taking 16:1 CBD diamonds with 80% cbd and 5% cbd per G is really nice on this nail :)

biohacker

What's up everyone!? Looks like D-nail has their shit together now....site looks way better, looks like much innovation going on, so i'm thinking about supporting them again and picking up their SiC insert including pre-ordering their polished version. Their 24mm looks like a sick deal too! They also have AlN inserts for bangers in the works.

I received a reply to a support inquiry after 10 days. Not great, but just happy I heard back from them.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Been reading d-nail and fadespace going at it in feuds lol sorry, just found it pretty funny, but also interesting and informative.

I don't judge though, you can be a douche and still make good product lol.

scy123,

biohacker

Been reading d-nail and fadespace going at it in feuds lol sorry, just found it pretty funny, but also interesting and informative.

I don't judge though, you can be a douche and still make good product lol.

Shocking, this is F-Space's "business model". No way I can support that douche bag.

Curious where can I find these "feuds"? lol IG?

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

scy123

Mostly I read on reddit. Was easy before when fadespace didn't get his account banned lol.

try googling,
Code:
fadespace d-nail site:www.reddit.com

damm

Mostly I read on reddit. Was easy before when fadespace didn't get his account banned lol.

try googling,
Code:
fadespace d-nail site:www.reddit.com

I am not a fan of taking sides, but I find some of the tactics used by D-Nail to have pushed me away as a customer. It doesn't help that their SiC doesn't seem up the same quality it was years ago.

I would be inclined to give Fadespace a chance as I gave D-Nail a last chance before it got disassembled.

I should sell my old SiC dishes.

damm,

scy123

I am not a fan of taking sides, but I find some of the tactics used by D-Nail to have pushed me away as a customer.

Man I hate talking down now and they probably 100% changed their practices, but I hear they were sending out SiC with SiC dust still on it. What I read about SiC is the dust is the worst part of it.

No comment.

scy123,

biohacker

It doesn't help that their SiC doesn't seem up the same quality it was years ago.

What products for reference? They haven't even released their polished 18.5mm SiC insert yet, and for $70 it's a steal for pre-order IMO.

I hear they were sending out SiC with SiC dust still on it. What I read about SiC is the dust is the worst part of it.

There are a lot of rumours floating around... I can't remember looking back to my SiC halo, but if it did have some dust, I just cleaned it in ISO and it was good to go.

Probably F-Space on the attack again.

scy123

Yea, who knows, I just mentioned it was informative cause now you know SiC dust is not so good for you. And other stuff they use to sling at each other.

I just go with who has the best claims. At least if they claim it you can probably rely on it as they would have to back up those claims if ever taken to court.

scy123,

biohacker

Yea, who knows, I just mentioned it was informative cause now you know SiC dust is not so good for you. And other stuff they use to sling at each other.

LOL SiC dust, aluminum dust, silicone spallation, neem oil, pesticides etc. Nothing is good for you! But you know, it's kinda like eating a bag of microwaved popcorn vs working in the same factory that makes it for 35 years. It's all about context... then you can actually see the forest for the trees.

I just go with who has the best claims. At least if they claim it you can probably rely on it as they would have to back up those claims if ever taken to court.

I would be very careful with that logic!

damm

What products for reference? They haven't even released their polished 18.5mm SiC insert yet, and for $70 it's a steal for pre-order IMO.

There are a lot of rumours floating around... I can't remember looking back to my SiC halo, but if it did have some dust, I just cleaned it in ISO and it was good to go.

Probably F-Space on the attack again.
The quality of the product from SiC Halo to the Nimbus was horrible. I also ended up wasting 250$ on their S-Line Assembly as that's just as dirty as the rest of their products.

When I get a job I am going to pickup a FS insert with a Puffco Peak, or cleaning up my old Halo dishes and putting them back into rotation.

damm,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Brian at DNail has been nothing but helpful to me, I was a real concentrate noob, he helped me rewire a crappy DHGate PID so it would work on my Halo, sent me 2 different sized quartz spacers for free as I was breaking a lot of dropdowns and also advised I should hold off on getting an all SiC Nimbus until all the bugs were ironed out.
He could have sold me anything but told me to stick with a basic setup until I became more familiar with what I wanted.
Polished SiC sounds like a better proposition for me than sapphire as I like to 999f the SiC Halo pretty regularly due to some of my homemade 'dirtier' rosin and bubble hash...the polished version can be cleaned this way can't it?

Edit, OK the polished SiC is for an insert not a Halo as I mistakenly thought!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’ve actually been wanting a sapphire nimbus quite a bit.... Thermodynamically speaking the Halo/Nimbus is still the best enail design on the market with the directly heated dish for the fastest response of any enail, particularly for uptemps. I just don’t jive with the Ti base, I wish they would do a machined quartz base instead of their alternative SiC base. I bet a sapphire nimbus with a quartz base and carb cap would be super satisfying.

Morty

@invertedisdead What up dude. This looks like a nice step up from the DynaCoil! :drool:
I keep eyeing this bitchin little 16mm setup...
Reminds me of the little nails we used to use back in the day with the male joints and glass domes. When dabs were still dabs :D

Seems like the perfect lightweight enail setup for the flavor saver rigs, my favorite 10mm mini rig has been in the hardcase for a while as it can't support a 25mm enail setup. Would be fun to bring that one back to the rotation!

D-Nail-web-eDDB16-sideassemble__35747.1585767630.jpg

https://d-nail.com/16DDB-BMG/

@biohacker What's good man. Hope your well. I forget my Reddit password and haven't logged on in a minute. Seems the Sup didn't work out for ya, but it looks like you were able to pass it on to some lazy guy. :tup: If you ever need to get a hold of me or need some manscaping advice, tips , tricks, etc., you can hit me up here.

:brow:

acolyte

Can't speak to these issues... I have a SiC halo that I love, great taste, easy maintenance, solid durability. I did email their support a few weeks ago and never received a reply (asking if they had flat tip ti dabbers left).

Never had any problems with dust or anything, and I clean everything I get with iso anyways.

LOL SiC dust, aluminum dust, silicone spallation, neem oil, pesticides etc. Nothing is good for you! But you know, it's kinda like eating a bag of microwaved popcorn vs working in the same factory that makes it for 35 years. It's all about context... then you can actually see the forest for the trees.

bingo

acolyte,
Reactions: shredder

damm

Can't speak to these issues... I have a SiC halo that I love, great taste, easy maintenance, solid durability. I did email their support a few weeks ago and never received a reply (asking if they had flat tip ti dabbers left).

Never had any problems with dust or anything, and I clean everything I get with iso anyways.

bingo

My old SiC Halo's that I purchased several years ago (likely longer) were rock solid and I still have them. I got used to the deep dish in the Nimbus, should break one of my dishes out, and try it on the 28mm coil should be great for low temps.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Back on the D-nail train! Their sapphire is the best surface i've ever dabbed off it! Now I want their 24mm lol
$290 USD? Is it 19mm and 18.5mm tall, or 18.5mm wide and 19mm tall? That much better than a GG 19mm ruby? (I have one of the 19mm ones before he changed to 18mm ...)

biohacker

How do you clean it?

Same as ruby, I just soak in dark crystal cleaner, then quick qtip scrub and iso dunk water rinse paper towel dry.

OR, I torch clean right in the banger.

$290 USD? Is it 19mm and 18.5mm tall, or 18.5mm wide and 19mm tall? That much better than a GG 19mm ruby? (I have one of the 19mm ones before he changed to 18mm ...)

It's on sale! :lol: The real value is with that 24mmX20mm! It's 18.5mmX19mm, but I haven't tried putting it in a 3mm sidewall banger yet, but will try once I get one soon.

I like sapphire better than ruby, and although the Greek ruby (I have a BaioT it's identical) is pretty damn amazing (comparing size/weight) especially for the price (and even just in general), they aren't as good BUT remember I use a torch exclusively so retention times are important to me. With an enail/coil it likely doesn't even matter?

BTW if you ever want to sell your 19mm Greek Sapphire (and make money) let me know! :rofl:

Last edited:
biohacker,
Reactions: damm
Top Bottom