Gear D-nail thread

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I know I should just keep blinders on and be satisfied with my setups, but I keep coming back to this and am so tempted to make the jump...

I found the Terp SuVide to be appealing, but a bit more bulky/cumbersome form factor and way louder. IMO this offering looks pretty slick.
The first ones will be shipping out this week! So we should see a few more real world reviews. Sadly I'm in the second batch but I'll share my thoughts when I finally get it.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I have also been trying to resist getting into terp slurpers

Come on in Les, the water is fine! I started out tepid, buying a super cheap slurper on sale from High5 a few months back. I could tell the execution was low but even that thing kicked out some thick delicious vapor, just didn’t like to function consistently. I then tried an actual decent slurper from VGW, and I was hooked. Hash on quartz is the pinnacle, no way around it.

:evil:

Texus

Come on in Les, the water is fine! I started out tepid, buying a super cheap slurper on sale from High5 a few months back. I could tell the execution was low but even that thing kicked out some thick delicious vapor, just didn’t like to function consistently. I then tried an actual decent slurper from VGW, and I was hooked. Hash on quartz is the pinnacle, no way around it.

:evil:
Next up: Black Market Glass?

I freaking love their stuff. Multiple brilliant designs.

buckhakeesah

I have thought a lot about picking this up. And the price keeps increasing. But I have resisted until now.
Ahhh yes the price seems to have moved up swiftly. I’m wondering how much else could be improved upon from this first iteration. Did they say when this sale price will end?

Last edited:
buckhakeesah,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Ahhh yes the price seems to have moved up swiftly. I’m wondering how much else could be improved upon from this first iteration. Did they say when this sale price will end?
Wow, the price really went up! Luckily the code above still works.

D-Nail did say they are going to also make a less expensive version. I suspect there will be some revisions after the first customers give their feedback too.

I swapped mine for an XL, so I still have a bit of a wait.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I wonder if you could run it a lot lower and just leave the banger heat soaking all day ready to rip?

The answer is yes, and it’s my favorite way to run it! I’m running mine at 555° on a DC PID, I’ve been dropping at 515° and depending on the nail/pillar combo most come out of a long soak at ~525-550°. Difference being if you torch heat (or even using the UH @800+) the external face of the column might be at 550°, but your pillar is probably below 300°; whereas the pillar is likely as hot (or hotter) than the external temp when soaked. As the temp is falling I can get good vapor production down to (and sometimes below) 350° external column temp.

Top Bottom