• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

ChronPain86

Has anyone been able to get a Crafty+ device partially or fully covered by a medical provider? Specifically if anyone has done that in Canada as that is where I am, curious how that process is and what needs to be done and how much is covered.

Thanks in advance!

ChronPain86,

Shimsham

Anyone have any insights on where to get the Crafty Plus V2 for the best price for 4/20? Tvape had for $180 shipping and tax included last week. Hesitated and now all the 420 sales soon like regular old price to me.

Shimsham,
Reactions: BigJr48

elgeneralmidi

Hi all, i share my experience about Storz & Bickel support :)

I bought a crafty+ less than a year ago and the battery only charges 1/3 now. I had already sent it just after my purchase, for a battery problem that only worked for 32 minutes of use without boost mode, no LED, no Bluetooth... and which charged in 1h50. He came back with the same battery time use and a shorter charging time 1h25.

I launched an RMA request on the Storz & Bickel site Europe, of course the battery is not covered by warranty. Unnamed Support Advisor redirects me to a page for purchase repairs. OK GO! What a surprise when I see the price for a battery change... 140 EUROS! :rockon:We have to add the shipping cost it is not included, because the battery is out of warranty.

I bought the crafty+ less than 200 euros, I find that asking 140 euros for a battery change is a scam. I complained to the agent who still has no name :D . Here is his answer:

Since we are a TÜV-certified company, every single device, including repaired devices, which leave our premises must pass our quality control.

This ensures that repaired equipment has the same quality and performance as new equipment.

Therefore our service includes:

- Replacement of all defective parts
- Replacement of the battery
- Replacement of all wear parts such as gaskets and screens
- Thorough cleaning of the unit
- Final inspection

You will receive back an evaporator in a like-new condition.

Sincerely yours,

Technical Service

It therefore forces the end user to pay for a services or replace parts, which are normally still under warranty. I'm just asking for a battery change, nothing else.

This is where we understand that the 3-year warranty is simply marketing and business, even with a little abusive use of the crafty+, we will necessarily have to change the battery.

Well, what do you think of this?

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector

I bought a crafty+ less than a year ago and the battery only charges 1/3 now. I had already sent it just after my purchase, for a battery problem that only worked for 32 minutes of use without boost mode, no LED, no Bluetooth... and which charged in 1h50. He came back with the same battery time use and a shorter charging time 1h25.

I launched an RMA request on the Storz & Bickel site Europe, of course the battery is not covered by warranty. Unnamed Support Advisor redirects me to a page for purchase repairs. OK GO! What a surprise when I see the price for a battery change... 140 EUROS! :rockon:We have to add the shipping cost it is not included, because the battery is out of warranty.

I bought the crafty+ less than 200 euros, I find that asking 140 euros for a battery change is a scam. I complained to the agent who still has no name :D . Here is his answer:

It therefore forces the end user to pay for a services or replace parts, which are normally still under warranty. I'm just asking for a battery change, nothing else.

This is where we understand that the 3-year warranty is simply marketing and business, even with a little abusive use of the crafty+, we will necessarily have to change the battery.

I had an almost identical experience with my Crafty+ and I had only put 25 hours of usage on the clock.
As much as I liked the vape, given the fact that the battery is not user replaceable, I won't buy another one. Such a shame.

chlorophyll_man,
  • Wow
Reactions: NeoSteam85

karec

Nothing new... although there is a lot of good reviews of S&B support there is also a lot of bad reviews... off course paying 140$ for a bat replacement in a 200$ unit is mehhh... especially under warranty... if you search you'll find vids for bat replacement, i did it myself, i replaced bat and thermal fuse 2x... great device when working but on demand and replaceable bats is a must in these days....go TM2

Cheers

Adobewan

I had an almost identical experience with my Crafty+ and I had only put 25 hours of usage on the clock.
As much as I liked the vape, given the fact that the battery is not user replaceable, I won't buy another one. Such a shame.
Reach out to @JCat
He does or did, provide Crafty battery replacements.
Good luck!

Just a heads up - JCat doesn't offer the service anymore (it's actually what lead me to these forums, from a message in a Youtube video) I don't think he has the parts?

I'm in the same situation and I did say I would get my Crafty repaired in the end... well, that was months ago and the only thing I've done since then is grab another Vivant Alternate from Ali.. for about 45 euros/dollars. They're not supported by Vivant (no guarantee from them) but the firmware update on their site works perfectly and, more importantly, they aren't cheap clones - the Chinese factory that makes them has a license to sell them in China.

I used my Crafty every day for about a year and a half from (almost) brand new - I don't see any real difference between the Vivant and the Crafty - only one of them costs a fraction of the price and has a replaceable battery.

Lots of talk here about the plastic breaking on the Vivant Alternate - but no signs (at all) of any cracks here after 8 months of daily use. It's also held up a lot better than the Boundless Tera which quite literally fell apart on me over 6 months (and people here claim is a 'good vape') I posted pics of all the bits that fell apart in the relevant forum here.

I probably won't bother getting my Crafty fixed - I just don't see the point when I can get an improved version of the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I got lucky with my Crafty because it was used (about 2 hours total) and it only cost me 100 euros/dollars. Would I pay another 120 to get it fixed - taking the total to $200+?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
MalonShakespeare,
Reactions: JCat

Adobewan

Just a heads up - JCat doesn't offer the service anymore (it's actually what lead me to these forums, from a message in a Youtube video) I don't think he has the parts?

I'm in the same situation and I did say I would get my Crafty repaired in the end... well, that was months ago and the only thing I've done since then is grab another Vivant Alternate from Ali.. for about 45 euros/dollars. They're not supported by Vivant (no guarantee from them) but the firmware update on their site works perfectly and, more importantly, they aren't cheap clones - the Chinese factory that makes them has a license to sell them in China.

I used my Crafty every day for about a year and a half from (almost) brand new - I don't see any real difference between the Vivant and the Crafty - only one of them costs a fraction of the price and has a replaceable battery.

Lots of talk here about the plastic breaking on the Vivant Alternate - but no signs (at all) of any cracks here after 8 months of daily use. It's also held up a lot better than the Boundless Tera which quite literally fell apart on me over 6 months (and people here claim is a 'good vape') I posted pics of all the bits that fell apart in the relevant forum here.

I probably won't bother getting my Crafty fixed - I just don't see the point when I can get an improved version of the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I got lucky with my Crafty because it was used (about 2 hours total) and it only cost me 100 euros/dollars. Would I pay another 120 to get it fixed - taking the total to $200+?

I don't think so.
Thanks for the update and sorry @JCat if I've sent soon-to-be-frustrated Crafty owners your way.
In your quest for a Crafty replacement, I can't help but suggest considering the Angus. It has retired my Crafty.
Good luck!

Adobewan,

elgeneralmidi

Thank you for your answers ,

25 hours of use only for a full charge? Have you had it since the first day of use?

Nothing new... although there is a lot of good reviews of S&B support there is also a lot of bad reviews... off course paying 140$ for a bat replacement in a 200$ unit is mehhh... especially under warranty... if you search you'll find vids for bat replacement, i did it myself, i replaced bat and thermal fuse 2x... great device when working but on demand and replaceable bats is a must in these days....go TM2

Cheers

Now there will be a lot of bad comments about the support, i have been using their products since the 2000's and i have seen things get worse over time. Just take a look on their TrustPilot or see the comments on Googleplay about crafty app, to see how they take care of their customers.

I still remember having exchanged my old crafty at the end of its life against a new mighty for 50 euros few years ago. But why this change of direction when their support and application was at its highest ? It's simple, the s&b company was bought by a big big Canadian capitalist company called Canopy Grow! I imagine for many millions, now it's us who have to do the cash drawer!

About battery change, I think s&b can complicated the things to be able change the battery yourself, It's easy for them to introduce battery disconnect detection directly into the firmware, and prevented it from starting again.

I will continue to use crafty vaporizer I like the vape, in my case the price of crafty divided by 10 months of intensive use, is not so expensive, but I know now they are disposable products before their actual end of use, because the price is very expensive to change the battery. I also know that I participate with them in the pollution of our planet as well a bad capitalism!

Peace :peace:

That's the problem with the Crafty (and the Mighty in my opinion) - it's a great vape but I just don't see how the price tag is justified? The sum of all those parts in nowhere near worth $200 or $300. Half that amount and 'maybe' they'd be okay.

Then there's the added problem that anyone who spends that kind of money on a vape is never going to admit any of its faults. Would you if you spent that amount?

As I found out with my Crafty and the Boundless Tera - a hefty price tag doesn't mean you're getting something better.

MalonShakespeare,

iammyself

I sold my Mighty+ last June when I thought I was taking a long-term t-break. It turned out to be a 9 month break, but I had to start replacing some of the vapes I had sold.

I just couldn’t bring myself to spend ~$300 again so soon, and I am trying to keep my consumption lower, so I didn’t get another Mighty+. I have been really looking at the Crafty+ though for the smaller size and cheaper price.

I ended up getting a PotV One during their 4/20 sale, and it worked well enough. But I could taste a weird flavor sometimes, like a metallic coil from a wax pen. I figure it’s because the heater is a thin coiled wire. I was going to just accept that as the trade off for being $200 cheaper, but kept searching Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up hoping to find a used one.

I ended up getting a “almost-new” Crafty+ on Facebook Marketplace for $125 yesterday. When I got the web app connected from my iPhone, it said there was 14 hours of use. Not exactly almost new, but it looked perfect and new.

The cooling unit had a gross ultra pungent incense smell that smoke shops have, so I think the previous owner must’ve worked in one or something. A soak on ISO fixed that right up.

I’m back to sucking delicious Storz & Bickel hybrid vapor into my lungs. With the first inhale, I remembered why I loved the vapor from the Mighty so much. It’s good to be back.

kelliwik

My OG might is almost 3 years old now and the battery is suffering a little. I’m tempted to get the Crafty+ because realistically I use my Mighty for max 1 session a day, so I don’t need that extra battery life and also I normally take my Mighty walking/hiking - the size of the Crafty would be better for that. Maybe I’d be better off waiting to see what their new secret vape is…

kelliwik,

Mad_Max

Last edited:

Sativasforpresident

Am I boringly repeating this great hack for the Crafty/Mighty? I hope not. I feel like I've got a new device. You can use a TinyMight stem, but all of the standard WPA like connector will work if you have the right screen. Big and tastier clouds in pure convection mode with this hack: https://www.reddit.com/r/420/comments/131735b using these screens: https://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp465-5-pack/

Thanks for sharing this great tip man.
I have the Hybrid, a couple of Vapbongs and the OG Crafty still delivers some crazy hits. Look forward to using this trick with the wpa, should work too is my guess.

Sativasforpresident,
Reactions: Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Thanks for sharing this great tip man.
I have the Hybrid, a couple of Vapbongs and the OG Crafty still delivers some crazy hits. Look forward to using this trick with the wpa, should work too is my guess.
As long as you have a basket situation that can hold enough herb. Using only the screen that's on there doesn't leave enough room for much flower and the results are poor. :tup:

PS - That is the WPA I have in my pictures.

GratefulDread

Am I boringly repeating this great hack for the Crafty/Mighty? I hope not. I feel like I've got a new device. You can use a TinyMight stem, but all of the standard WPA like connector will work if you have the right screen. Big and tastier clouds in pure convection mode with this hack: https://www.reddit.com/r/420/comments/131735b using these screens: https://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp465-5-pack/

When you say you can use a Tinymight stem, do you mean a Tinymight stem will fit into the plastic part of the Mighty WPA? How does it stay in place? Friction?

GratefulDread,

Mad_Max

When you say you can use a Tinymight stem, do you mean a Tinymight stem will fit into the plastic part of the Mighty WPA? How does it stay in place? Friction?
In the beginning of that video, the guy talks about a XL stem. He doesn't elaborate. Maybe I made a mistaken assumption. Check out the picture below:

Mad_Max

Check this out! The guy who came up with this hack describes the stem here:
"That’s not a TM stem, it’s a Mighty/crafty stem that typical to the TM one. It’s got a flared bottom party specifically for the Mighty. The plastic part has a groves bottom that swivels onto the same groove the CU fits onto. If you do get one, tighten it just barely enough to make it lock. If you over tighten it, you can break it. Only way I’ll use it now. And you can throw some terp pearls behind the rimmed screen for more cooling,if u like"

It's still a little vague, like where did he get it? I've looked on aliexpress and DH with no luck so far.

GratefulDread

Check this out! The guy who came up with this hack describes the stem here:
"That’s not a TM stem, it’s a Mighty/crafty stem that typical to the TM one. It’s got a flared bottom party specifically for the Mighty. The plastic part has a groves bottom that swivels onto the same groove the CU fits onto. If you do get one, tighten it just barely enough to make it lock. If you over tighten it, you can break it. Only way I’ll use it now. And you can throw some terp pearls behind the rimmed screen for more cooling,if u like"

It's still a little vague, like where did he get it? I've looked on aliexpress and DH with no luck so far.
I guess he just means one of these. Apparently you can do it with this one too.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: vapviking

Mad_Max

VGoodiEZ also
That is killer! Here is the one he used in the video with the bent mouthpiece on AE @GratefulDread :

Last edited:
Top Bottom