Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapeape77

I'm always posting pics of my countdown outlet timers
Striving to prolong battery life, reducing the number of full charge cycles

Crafty-charging-via-outlet-timer.jpg

Mighty+ "supercharger" in pic, OK for either

I'm uncoordinated, and sometimes press Crafty power button when inserting USB-C cable. Freaks me every time as it vibrates and blinks. First time it happened, I thought unit was faulty, but the user was faulty instead
I thoughts it’s ok to full charge, just not over charge? I’ve baby my first Might, want to do the same for Crafty+

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is the Crafty+ an on-demand or a session vape?

I'm looking for a portable unit that will stop heating the bud when I stop drawing.
Look for a pure convection style vape. There are quite a few of them these days, lucky us!
If you can afford a TinyMight, you would not regret the purchase.
A lot less $ might be a V3Pro, surprisingly nice vapor.
At the moment, I'm enjoying early morning coffee and the Taffee Bowle. Delicious.

Crafty is conduction, or at best a hybrid, the bud will cook when unit is on.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Over the last nine years since I stopped smoking and turned to vaping, I've owned more than a dozen different vapes, from Firefly 2 to nearly a dozen VapCaps, and well more than 20 vapes all together. I've tried many more that friends owned. Some are good for this and some for that, but the one I've stuck with is the Crafty. After five years of using an OG Crafty(with JCat replacement battery) nearly daily, I now have the +. I mostly use it by myself. I get three mini-sessions after each filing--I use dosing caps so less weed than without. Perfect? No. Perfectly adequate? Absolutely. I have yet to find an alternative vape that is as reliable and especially that provides as much cooling.

1973PortlandToker

Look for a pure convection style vape. There are quite a few of them these days, lucky us!
If you can afford a TinyMight, you would not regret the purchase.
A lot less $ might be a V3Pro, surprisingly nice vapor.
At the moment, I'm enjoying early morning coffee and the Taffee Bowle. Delicious.

Crafty is conduction, or at best a hybrid, the bud will cook when unit is on.

So far it looks like the Firefly 2+ is the closest to what I'm looking for. It has the following features:

Full convection, fully on-demand, does both flower and hash, heats up to 500 F (high enough for traditional hash). And it has a glass chamber.

The only negative is that to use all its features, you need to use an "app." UGH. I need to look at my phone and speak like a software engineer. I just hope the main features are available manually, like the temperature controls.

1973PortlandToker,

Vizyt91

So far it looks like the Firefly 2+ is the closest to what I'm looking for. It has the following features:

Full convection, fully on-demand, does both flower and hash, heats up to 500 F (high enough for traditional hash). And it has a glass chamber.

The only negative is that to use all its features, you need to use an "app." UGH. I need to look at my phone and speak like a software engineer. I just hope the main features are available manually, like the temperature controls.
Hi bro,
Yeah the temp control is « on board » if you don’t have the app don’t worry😁, the taste with rhe ff2+ is fabulous but you have to take long slow steady draws (like +12secs) and you’ll achieve what the ff2+ was built for, massive clouds with terpy flavor .👍👍😜.

1973PortlandToker

Hi bro,
Yeah the temp control is « on board » if you don’t have the app don’t worry😁, the taste with rhe ff2+ is fabulous but you have to take long slow steady draws (like +12secs) and you’ll achieve what the ff2+ was built for, massive clouds with terpy flavor .👍👍😜.

Fantastic! Glad I won't have to access the app to use the main features. Correct me if some basic features do require the app.

1973PortlandToker,

badbee

So far it looks like the Firefly 2+ is the closest to what I'm looking for.
Just one warning: the FireFly is a vape that people tend to love or really hate. A lot of people hate it. The biggest issues are that it is messy to fill and difficult to clean, it tends to get very hot. It's expensive for what it does. It is known for being better for concentrates (hash) than many other small portable vapes.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Just cleaned my CU
I find the only way I can pull apart the CU for cleaning is while it is still hot from a session. Once the resin/honey/goodness cools down, it seals it shut pretty good!

I never remove the mouthpiece b/c I find it too difficult to re-insert. Does anyone have any tricks to make it easier?
It probably doesn’t make much of a difference in cleaning the way disassembling the CU does, but curious what others do.

ChooChooCharlie

Know what ya mean, @Jill NYC

Inserting Mouthpiece -- I insert at an angle, so half of little tabs are under/in hole. Then press firmly down and towards the inserted side, which gives a little more space/flex to push/"rock" the rest in

Separating CU halves -- I clean a few at a time, so they're all cold and stuck by then. After warming them in iso bag suspended in very hot water bowl, I don the exam gloves. Reach in and separate, it's easy after a minute, but you do battle nasty iso fumes. Reseal bag and slosh back and forth for a minute. Afterwards, more iso fumes to avoid when fishing out for rinse

Watched a video reviewer separate Mighty CU after session, while leaving it still attached to the Mighty. Letting the vape hold the bottom portion while prying off the top. Freaks me out, thinking of those fins and thin rails breaking under stress. But, I noticed that S&B now describes this very method in the new Mighty+ and Crafty+ manuals, with diagrams. So, looks like I'm wrong again with my misplaced fears

BudBudget

Hi, been lurking and learning here for a while but finally found a question I don't think has been answered already and made an account.

A couple years ago, I bought a pair of NCR18650PF and tried to replace the battery in my crafty "classic." I messed up, soldered the battery in backwards, and fried the board. I'm now using a crafty+ (micro-b, not USB-C) that after 2 years and 380 hours is finally giving up the ghost. Usually I'll get the red and blue error light when trying to charge or use it, but it can be persuaded to charge sometimes.

My question is this: would putting the lower capacity ~2900mah PF cell in the crafty+ (that as far as I can tell uses a ~3500mah GA cell) work? My primary concern is that the crafty+ might try to overcharge the lower capacity cell and cause heating/fire hazard issues, but I'm not well versed in electrical engineering (obviously). A soldering iron is DEFINITELY going to be cheaper than a new vape if that's a viable option, but if not I could probably find a better use for that PF cell.

Tagging @JCat because they seem to be the resident authority, but any and all information is appreciated. Thanks!

BudBudget,
Reactions: Jill NYC
I've gone through a few pages, watched some videos... but I just can't figure out what kind of replacement battery I need to order to fix my Crafty (not the +, the original one)

I can see that according to this guide it's a 2800mAh

I know someone who is a skilled electrician who can no doubt do this simple switch in his sleep - but he asked me to supply the battery. I'm in Italy and using EU Amazon and when I search of 2800mAh batteries I get a whole mix of stuff and nothing that looks exactly right. Please bear in mind the last time I ordered some batteries from Amazon I (all my own fault) ended up with 4 expensive "button top" batteries I have no use for. So I really don't want to make that mistake again.

Can someone (please!) point me to a battery on Amazon (EU) that I can order and finally fix my Crafty?

Also, another question that's bugging me - what would happen if I put a more powerful battery in it? Would this clash with the electronics and not work? Or would it improve the battery life-span? Reading the above tutorial they suggest that a 3500mAh will also work:

So I've found this (I don't need 4 of them, but happy to bite the bullet to get it working... and have a few spares lying around)

Would that work?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
MalonShakespeare,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've gone through a few pages, watched some videos... but I just can't figure out what kind of replacement battery I need to order to fix my Crafty (not the +, the original one)

I can see that according to this guide it's a 2800mAh

I know someone who is a skilled electrician who can no doubt do this simple switch in his sleep - but he asked me to supply the battery. I'm in Italy and using EU Amazon and when I search of 2800mAh batteries I get a whole mix of stuff and nothing that looks exactly right. Please bear in mind the last time I ordered some batteries from Amazon I (all my own fault) ended up with 4 expensive "button top" batteries I have no use for. So I really don't want to make that mistake again.

Can someone (please!) point me to a battery on Amazon (EU) that I can order and finally fix my Crafty?

Also, another question that's bugging me - what would happen if I put a more powerful battery in it? Would this clash with the electronics and not work? Or would it improve the battery life-span? Reading the above tutorial they suggest that a 3500mAh will also work:

So I've found this (I don't need 4 of them, but happy to bite the bullet to get it working... and have a few spares lying around)

Would that work?

Thanks in advance!
@JCat used to sell battery with connectors already soldered on.
He's not doing that anymore, but lots of discussion in his thread,
Thread 'Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement' https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-crafty-battery-packs-for-easy-replacement.26243/

PeteyS

The problem with the Crafty/MIghty, is the max temp is too low.
410f just doesn't doesn't get the avb dark enough for me, and when your cosuming "micro" amounts per session, you need to extract as much as you can.
On a side note, this device extracts extremely even. All avb is consistent and evenly roasted every time.

PeteyS

Has anyone tried vaping on their Crafty+ at a lower temp then factory?
Im thinking of starting some really low temp vaping(160-170c) and want to know how the Crafty handles these low temps, and if its even possible?
Im using the Bluefy app.
Thanks.
Pete.

PeteyS,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A lot will also depend on your flower, but yes, you can certainly vape at those temps, you'll have to be the one to decide if you like it!
You'll be cutting out some things that don't 'release' until higher temps, while maybe enjoying terp flavors a bit more.

Top Bottom