• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Green Kiwi

I was ready to ask you to post a picture when I read your previous post. Thanks. Found it "a la centrale vapeur". I am thinking to buy the mini aerotube.

I also have the the SS CU from another French manufacturer but I am afraid to use it although I prefer its the taste, as it is way heavier and gets way hotter so I am afraid damaging MU housing, from the extra weight and temp that will be applied to the housing. Actually when I ordered it I remember it was v.2 as the on the v.1 they had complaints of housing damage. Do you have any other feedback on the French SS CU?
I also bought the v.2 for the crafty, and use it also on the Mighty.
My :2c:, is that I also like the taste ,but was unhappy with the airflow ,not enough, so I modified it, the original air hole was 3.8 mm.
Have a well equipped workshop, so I went up in steps of 0.1 mm till happy with the airflow, I went to 4.9mm.
the airflow is now like the original cu,but noticeable smoother and how do I say it;..I think I taste sort of the herb more, like when you smell a fresh bud.not that it tastes like that, but you taste more of it than original cu imho.
I am not worried at all about higher temps, because I think it's not hotter, but you can feel the heat better on your fingers because metal transfers heat a lot better than plastic. and stay hotter for longer so might give the impression of being hotter:2c:.
And I take my cu of immediately after use, and in that way I don't think there's more heat stress to the body.
Last reason I doesn't worry me is because the new plastic for the crafty+ and mighty+ is different and mine has had falls that would have shattered the old body bud now only a shallow scratch.
end conclusion; I like using the ss cu.:leaf:.

vapeape77

I also bought the v.2 for the crafty, and use it also on the Mighty.
My :2c:, is that I also like the taste ,but was unhappy with the airflow ,not enough, so I modified it, the original air hole was 3.8 mm.
Have a well equipped workshop, so I went up in steps of 0.1 mm till happy with the airflow, I went to 4.9mm.
the airflow is now like the original cu,but noticeable smoother and how do I say it;..I think I taste sort of the herb more, like when you smell a fresh bud.not that it tastes like that, but you taste more of it than original cu imho.
I am not worried at all about higher temps, because I think it's not hotter, but you can feel the heat better on your fingers because metal transfers heat a lot better than plastic. and stay hotter for longer so might give the impression of being hotter:2c:.
And I take my cu of immediately after use, and in that way I don't think there's more heat stress to the body.
Last reason I doesn't worry me is because the new plastic for the crafty+ and mighty+ is different and mine has had falls that would have shattered the old body bud now only a shallow scratch.
end conclusion; I like using the ss cu.:leaf:.
So I guess I shouldn’t roll my eyes when I see those steel CUs selling for $70? Interesting the Crafty cu fits the Mighty, I’d try the Mighty CU on the Crafty maybe…

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I already own Jhooks & glass stems for the tinymight. I would love to try my crafty+ with Jhook.
Can you point me to a 14mm glass adapter in Europe?
Before you order the glass adapter you should know that glass adapters are probably the #1 cause of broken Craftys. I broke mine when my Crafty got bumped with the WPA on and cracked it around the lip. Instead you should look at the superb Delta 3D Studio wpa adapter: https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/ Much safer to use on your BMW of Vapes.

vapeape77

Before you order the glass adapter you should know that glass adapters are probably the #1 cause of broken Craftys. I broke mine when my Crafty got bumped with the WPA on and cracked it around the lip. Instead you should look at the superb Delta 3D Studio wpa adapter: https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/ Much safer to use on your BMW of Vapes.
I agree about the casing, I only use the standard CU because of cracking risk. I have the Delta 3D adapter but actually prefer a 10mm male to 14mm male adapter. The 10mm side fits well from me into the CUs mouthpiece hole if you look at my previous bubbler pics.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
When I am not using the CU, this is my favorite way to use Crafty/Mighty.
I call it Penguin style or Elephant style (depending on the hit!)
View attachment 13895View attachment 13896
I love "penguin style or elephant style". I like both the names and the actual setup. Good fun!

I agree about the casing, I only use the standard CU because of cracking risk. I have the Delta 3D adapter but actually prefer a 10mm male to 14mm male adapter. The 10mm side fits well from me into the CUs mouthpiece hole if you look at my previous bubbler pics.
I've tried probably a dozen different ways of using my ogCrafty with a bubbler/waterpipe/bong. I particularly liked hooking appropriate sized tubing to the mouthpiece with a 14mm adapter at the other end into the water piece. Super cooling. But I realized that there was minimal gain by going through the cooling unit before the connection and the waterpiece and that I was gunking up the cooling unit so that it would need to be cleaned. My big water piece does the trick with a more direct adapter, ie. wpa adapter in place of cooling unit.

blackstone

I already own Jhooks & glass stems for the tinymight. I would love to try my crafty+ with Jhook.
Can you point me to a 14mm glass adapter in Europe?
I had a look and found a retailer in EU with that Delta 3D adapter in stock if you want a look, might pick this up myself sometime too. LINK
When I do water I use an ecig drip tip pushed into the CU hole, and mate it to a plastic piece on the pipe, not ideal but works great.

I love "penguin style or elephant style". I like both the names and the actual setup. Good fun!
Elephant style for a large hit made me laugh, it makes hamster style sound mild!
You could call the glass piece Nellie!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I had a look and found a retailer in EU with that Delta 3D adapter in stock if you want a look, might pick this up myself sometime too. LINK
When I do water I use an ecig drip tip pushed into the CU hole, and mate it to a plastic piece on the pipe, not ideal but works great.

Elephant style for a large hit made me laugh, it makes hamster style sound mild!
You could call the glass piece Nellie!
I thought it was Elephant Style because the flared mouthpiece looks like an elephant's ear.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

condition

Thanks blackstone

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I like to stuff my crafty fairly full, but I noticed the bottom of my bowls were getting cooked more and my fine grind was getting in my screen a bit.

My solution was to put a few tiny hand-torn cbd nugs on top of a medium-packed finely ground bowl. Blueberry muffin from WNC has nice moisture for the job. Really shined on airflow, flavor, and effects.

Also, I have a j-hook and a 14 mm adapter, but am curious if vgoodiez tall cooling stem would be any improvement over that setup.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Also, I have a j-hook and a 14 mm adapter, but am curious if vgoodiez tall cooling stem would be any improvement over that setup.
I also wonder the same; recently tried a 5" j-hook (granted, that's fairly small) with Mighty and decided it was not quite adequate. For some reason, the same j-hook is fine on a hopper...)

But I do believe those dimples work to cool vapor, so I think that the one you picture will work well. It mounts without any wpa afaik. I would order one myself, but I have a similar piece - except the glass is a bubbler for Mighty and I do use that (dry) with very nice results. More open draw than with c/u, as well as cooling.
If one of these were going to be my steady diet, I would remove the screen from the glass and use only a loose top-screen over the material; I believe that is less messy.

Robert-in-YEG

How would the Crafty compare to the Arizer Solo II. Will the Crafty produce greater psychoactive effects than the Solo II ? (assuming all things equal; same herb, etc.)

Thanks...

Robert-in-YEG

“Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.“
~ (Homer Simpson)

Robert-in-YEG,

Green Kiwi

How would the Crafty compare to the Arizer Solo II. Will the Crafty produce greater psychoactive effects than the Solo II ? (assuming all things equal; same herb, etc.)

Thanks...

Robert-in-YEG

~ (Homer Simpson)
The solo2 is a nice sipping vape, you can sip on your tiny bowl for 12 minutes or more if you like(I don't because it get's popcorny)the first few hits can taste absolultly yummy, after that it taste's quite good but tappers of with every draw you take more.:2c:.

The Crafty + is a different beast, you get an open airflow, and you are able to take massive hit's.
Some people manage to cash their bowl in 2 hits with the dosing cap inverted as per @invertedisdead.
I can't but I can kill the goodies out of the bowl in say 5 massive hit's.
but my normal style would be 16 to 26 hits, and then it's spend.(popcorny).

I do personally prefer the Crafty+ over the Solo2, for easy delivery of the meds many times a day. so it depends also on your use.:2c:.

Hope this info helps you with your desision,please do post what you choose in the end, as I am curious.:tup::leaf:.

Zoppo

Thanks...

Robert-in-YEG

~ (Homer Simpson)
Hi, I'm using the Solos since 2014, first the "old" one and since a few years the Solo 2. I owned also the Mighty, actual I own the Mighty+, the Ghost MV1, the Firefly 2+, the DaVinci IQ2 and the Argo.

Believe me, the effect is the strongest with the Arizer Solo II
Why? Efficiency ~ 80%, Volcano, Plenty, Mighty around 50% - take a look in the manual of the Mighty Medic 50%.
And take a look here for the "old" Solo efficiency https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/
The Solo2 is even better!

But for on the road? Actual I'm using the Argo, but I just ordered the Crafty 2+v2. Cause the taste of the Mighty is better than the taste of the Argo (not Solo) Cause of this I will give the Crafty a try.

Pozman

I'm interested in the Crafty, but it is clearly a bit overpriced and all of that plastic is a concern, but I'll give Storz & Bickel the benefit of the doubt.

On one hand, all I ever wanted from a portable tape was for it to produce top quality vapor using pure convection while still being truly portable. On the other hand, I never imagined I'd have to pay $400 for it. You get what you pay for I guess.

If you're able to use someone's phone one time, the manual says you can change the set basic temperature and the boast temperature.

And the USB cord leads me to believe you could plug it up to a computer and change the temperature on there… thats just my assumption though.
I have the Crafty and the Crafty plus It there were both less than 300$ at slickvapes.com I believe my crafty + was 278$ after tax. They give and extra year warranty with the Crafty + but the Crafty has a 2 year I have had to use warranty on both units. We are chronic vapers lol so these 2 are all we use to partake no more lost lighters and the buzz is much better than smoking.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Hi, I'm using the Solos since 2014, first the "old" one and since a few years the Solo 2. I owned also the Mighty, actual I own the Mighty+, the Ghost MV1, the Firefly 2+, the DaVinci IQ2 and the Argo.

Believe me, the effect is the strongest with the Arizer Solo II
Why? Efficiency ~ 80%, Volcano, Plenty, Mighty around 50% - take a look in the manual of the Mighty Medic 50%.
And take a look here for the "old" Solo efficiency https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/
The Solo2 is even better!

But for on the road? Actual I'm using the Argo, but I just ordered the Crafty 2+v2. Cause the taste of the Mighty is better than the taste of the Argo (not Solo) Cause of this I will give the Crafty a try.
Very interesting article you linked there. Going to read it in more detail. The chart at the end was very helpful. I was in disbelief because my Arizer devices do not get me to the same level of effects as my S&B devices. Going to have to do some more testing if my own because me and the others around me who use my vaporizers all do not like the Arizer devices because it does not get them their desired effects in a short amount of time.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Very interesting article you linked there. Going to read it in more detail. The chart at the end was very helpful. I was in disbelief because my Arizer devices do not get me to the same level of effects as my S&B devices. Going to have to do some more testing if my own!
@Toivarita , that's also my experience , to slow in extraction to get you properly high.
S&B does this clearly given the effect in a superior way, compared to the conduction devices from airizer. :2c: .
I’m going to guess that it is because of the size of the chamber in combination with the extraction speed of the S&B products. I can’t seem to interpret a concrete answer to that original question if “which will give greater effects”. If you’re talking same amount of herb, it would seem that the Arizer could have the potential to get the user higher. Although if we are saying that if you have the same amount of time to vape with just one bowl out of the two, I’d bet my bottom dollar on S&B because of my first hand experience.

I’m sure that we will get more precise results with less outlying factors, as they (hopefully) conduct more studies like this. I suggest people should read the article as it is also about the benefits of vaporizing instead of combustion. A great article to share and I hope there are more like it in the future!

Once fascinating part of the article I read was something along the lines of, only 3 non-cannabinoids were found in the cannabis vapor produced while there were over 150 found in the smoke, 5 of them being PAH’s known as strong carcinogens.

Also, I’m pretty sure that Arizer’s are not pure conduction. They are Hybrid heating devices.

edit: grammar, better choice of words

Last edited:

vapeape77

How about air flow guys….. the Crafty++ is a beast, that makes a difference too in addition to the large chamber, quick extraction.

Been bubble ripping a bunch of indoor cbd lately, bubba funk from Beleafer and captain crunch from WNC, thank god for green Friday!

Green Kiwi

They are Hybrid heating devices.
true, but only slightly convection, which just like Dyna vape is not a bad thing at all.
The only thing is a Dynavap will hit you way harder(imho)because you extract (the same amount as a "air stem .12g),in 2 dynastems(2x0.06g)
in four massive cloudy tokes. versus puffing and sucking on a air stem for 20 minutes.
by the time I have finished an airstem 20 minutes later, i need straight away a new stem ,compared to the massive four hits from the Dyna make me happy for an hour or soo, it's just the faster extraction.
like that I believe the' if you wan't it's there ability ' from S&B is also what makes it hit harder and better = for me personally more efficient.:2c:.
Airizer just lacks in power compounded by a low airflow makes slow extraction, perfect if you are a lighter user but useless for a heavy medical user.
again just my:2c:.
The nice thing of the S&B devices is that they also allow you to sip and forget, not massive clouds just nice taste puffing.
and you can make a bowl last a long time indeed, if you like ,but also can cash the whole bowl in two MASSIVE hit's trough the bong.
I personally love that ability:love:.
Enjoy, the herb!:leaf:

Zoppo

Very interesting article you linked there. Going to read it in more detail. The chart at the end was very helpful. I was in disbelief because my Arizer devices do not get me to the same level of effects as my S&B devices. Going to have to do some more testing if my own because me and the others around me who use my vaporizers all do not like the Arizer devices because it does not get them their desired effects in a short amount of time.

Everything is about ... temperature and heating system! I testet and own a lot of different devices, conduction, convection, hybrid. Why? I'm a medical user and allways looking for better devices to medicate. The most difficult to medicate ... for me ... is with no doubt my Insomnia.

I tested several devices using my sleeptracker ... each device for 2 weeks. The best Arizer Solo 2, if You "like" to sleep 30 minutes less You may use the Mighty.

I tested every temperature between 175° C snd 220° C single and in combination.
The best against Insomnia? 8 Minutes at 181°C, after that another session with the same material at 220°C.

There are several studies about CBN and ... by vaping in this way ... you will get it, cause of degenerated THC. Perfect for ... me and my conditions with my strain!

If You wanna get taste, try Jack Herrer in the Solo 2 at 185°C. After this experience You may search for a better tasting vape for the rest of Your life 🤗

If You like this article, I think You will like this video also! It declares, why I'm using my Solo 2 every evening ( and sometimes other vapes during the day) with two different temperatures: one for the terpenes, one for the cannabinoids. The effect of the temperature maybe a little different from vape to vape and strain to strain, but it gives a view on one point that is important. And ... the temperature can also be to high to get the maximum of cannabinoids!

By the way, I think I will use the Crafty+ at 195°C during the daytime. That's the temperature I like most with the Mighty and ... it's nearly 380°F 🤗. The taste is a little bit like the taste I get with the Solo 2 at 185°C.

Top Bottom