• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapeape77

5 is the norm on my Crafty+ too
Polished off 4 full loads so far…. Hawaiian haze cbd, lemon haze, blue dream and cbg nugs on the dry side. All heated up from 75f room temp and the cbg load was toasted quickly. I just turned back on its Bluetooth, battery showing 20% it looks 🤙

edit: lol now it’s showing 0%😂, probably Bluetooth drained it???

Last edited:

vapeape77

Mine does that. 2 or 3 bowls. 1/2 battery. Put on charger and it shows empty.

It's done this a couple times
David
S&B says to drain it completely every once in awhile so the battery indicator is correct. I did do a full drain yesterday….

After it’s charged again, I’ll try to get through 5 full bowls later without connecting the Bluetooth to check the battery. Also going to start at 178c and boost to 198c at the very end and see if that helps any.

Green Kiwi

Love your tools!vapeape77.
I would love to try especially the last one:that bubbler. very cool:drool:.
5 bols also, here. though I prefer charging after 2 bowls, I my thinking this puts less strain on the single battery.because it has to work less hard for giving the same amount of energy,
My heat uptime has when full increased, from 1.18 brand-new, till 1.25 now.this is after 277.8 hours. :2c:

Last edited:

vapeape77

Love your tools!vapeape77.
I would love to try especially the last one:that bubbler. very cool:drool:.
Thanks man! Yeah that Sneaky Pete Bubblermax, I’ve gotten the $30 it costs out of it already in a couple weeks 🥁between my Edge, Stickybrick Jr, Mighty OG and now the Crafty+! Also tried it with the vapcap, but too time consuming….

edit: If you do buy it, it does need the $2 vapcap black mouthpiece to fit in a 14mm female/female adapter, which is connected and clipped to a 14mm to 10mm male reducer, with the 10mm male fitting the Cafty hole. Probably a 14mm female to 10mm male reducer would be perfect if out there, one less piece of glass

😎Wow this Crafty+ just pulverized some blue dream at 178c, no boost mode needed. Yeah Green Kiwi I’m just testing it’s max out. 3x then charge is my plan, but know when I’m out may want to do 4.

Last edited:

vapeape77

Alright last report on the Crafty++. 6 full nug bowls with full charge, Bluetooth off and no lights, showing about one bar left when I just connected the Bluetooth at the end of session. I’m very happy with that, cheers all!

ps my last two sessions were back to back and 178c whole time probably helped save a bar

Last edited:

condition

Here’s some stems and bubbler ridges I got setup this morning (vapcap and mflb stems, Edge bubblermax).

I’m gonna see how many bowls I get today off full charge with no Bluetooth or flashing lights, running at188c with boost to 198c.
nice collection. What is the first?

vapeape77

nice collection. What is the first?
It’s a SPV hula stem for the dynavap, I think POTV has smaller ones for less. The black connector is a piece of med grade tubing with a small mflb stem pushed in the middle of tube to help secure the glass and Crafty firmly in place. Still good air flow, but a bit dyi looking imo.

Yeah for the whole nug bake should to be dry “well cured” buds, but I’m also loving how clean the bowl and cooling unit appear to be staying.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Had no idea that we were testing our Cs, C+s, and C++s. Coincidentally I decided the other day to test my OGCrafty(20% More!). I installed a JCat replacement battery six or so weeks ago after sitting on it for a year.

I'm strictly a dosing caps guy and get multiple mini-sessions out of a single cap. Typically I'll have two mini-sessions at 375F, getting 2-4 good hits in each mini, then a boost session to 410F for two or so more toasty hits. So three or rarely four mini-sessions per cap, each session going from room temp to operating or boost temp. My test used three full dosing caps using 10 mini sessions. Sweet potent Lemon Haze.

This is the OG Crafty that died last summer, wouldn't charge, wouldn't heat, just flashed blue/red fast, telling me that it was too hot or too cold when it wasn't. When I replaced the battery in late August, I unplugged and replugged the battery temp sensor. Thing seems fine. What amazes me is that I've used this nearly every for four years since my og ogCrafty was replaced quickly and for free by S-B because the bluetooth wouldn't connect. This is the vape that goes mountaineering, xc skiing, biking, etc. in the cold, wild, windy, sometimes wet places I adore. Its been hit and dropped but doesn't have one damaged fin. Only actual damage is from dropping it on a concrete floor with the glass wpa attached; broke at the cooling unit clamping lips and repaired with superglue. I have certainly gotten my money's worth and still love the vapor.

vapeape77

When I set the base temp to 178c and boost 7c to 185, the third boost goes to 200c instead of 210 like it was out of the box on this Crafty++ Glad I figured that out….

b0

Cloudy...
When I set the base temp to 178c and boost 7c to 185, the third boost goes to 200c instead of 210 like it was out of the box on this Crafty++ Glad I figured that out….
The third boost is 15C more than your second temp set up. In your case 200C but it depends on your second temp. If you have 195C or 200C as second, then third is max, 210C.

I'm one of those weirdos that reads the manual, thats why I know :mental:

vapeape77

The third boost is 15C more than your second temp set up. In your case 200C but it depends on your second temp. If you have 195C or 200C as second, then third is max, 210C.

I'm one of those weirdos that reads the manual, thats why I know :mental:
Thanks for the heads up🍀
I had it set at 180 and 190 at first, or so I think, and it was boosting max, lol the new manual in the box is shit
I guess I will go 178, 183, 198c then!

Last edited:

MGG

broke at the cooling unit clamping lips and repaired with superglue. I have certainly gotten my money's worth and still love the vapor.

Would not be putting super glue anywhere near a vape let alone in the vapor path that close to the heater. Shocked when I hear people still do this.

vapeape77

vapeape77

condition

Nice. If it is to use it without attachments, which mouth piece would you prefer, SS, Glass or plastic? I have all three and whilst the glass tastes better, I find the plastic more convenient as it attaches properly to the CU

condition,

cptofnthng

I prefer the lacentrapevapeur long Spiked glass stem.
But im ripping the crafty with a wpa at 200C and clear a capsule in 3 big hits through glass. Love it that way.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: condition

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nice. If it is to use it without attachments, which mouth piece would you prefer, SS, Glass or plastic? I have all three and whilst the glass tastes better, I find the plastic more convenient as it attaches properly to the CU
My comment is that, rather than look at more things to attach to the c/u, I prefer sometimes to eliminate the c/u. Usually that means a wpa and small water piece, but dry. I have one that mounts like @cptofnthng is showing, but it is a bubbler (that I prefer dry).
I do also find that with mouthpieces, the original plastic fits the best, with no worries.
Just yesterday I received a couple of inexpensive j-hooks that work swimmingly with hopper, gonna try that on the Mighty.
..I prefer the lacentrapevapeur long Spiked glass stem.
But im ripping the crafty with a wpa at 200C and clear a capsule in 3 big hits through glass. Love it that way.

Very nice!
I wonder if those are available in US?

condition

I was ready to ask you to post a picture when I read your previous post. Thanks. Found it "a la centrale vapeur". I am thinking to buy the mini aerotube.

I also have the the SS CU from another French manufacturer but I am afraid to use it although I prefer its the taste, as it is way heavier and gets way hotter so I am afraid damaging MU housing, from the extra weight and temp that will be applied to the housing. Actually when I ordered it I remember it was v.2 as the on the v.1 they had complaints of housing damage. Do you have any other feedback on the French SS CU?

vapeape77

I must say I think the Crafty++ runs hot, I’ve read the same on the Mighty+ thread. When I use small glass stems with the CU the glass is way hotter than my Mighty OG gets with same stem. The standard mouthpiece does well as it just doesn’t get very hot. Wood stems also work well for me.

These are my 2 fav nonwater pieces for home use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom