• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yes, it is within every company's prerogative to do whatever they want to their product line - however, I feel the move from the Crafty to Crafty+ and then to upgrade within 2 years to the ++ was extremely short-sighted in product development and planning. What was the point of launching the Crafty+ if the company planned to have significant upgrades thereafter?

I guess shame on me for not following their news - but really this is just not cool. Yes, does the Crafty+ rock - yeah it does, but to me, it is the principle of preserving the value of your vape and have it depreciate overnight is very unpleasant.
S&B's entire history is filled with updates/improvements to their products. "Significant upgrades?" That's a relative term; really, they only changed the charger and lined the bowl. If those technologies were not ironed out 2 yrs ago, would you have had them delay all the + improvements to Crafty for this long? I'm more surprised that they didn't upgrade the Mighty back then and then do this step separately for both.

Except for maybe for certain collectibles, vapes are a very poor investment vehicle; I don't think depreciation should really enter the conversation. You've got a kick-ass vape in your hands right now, enjoy it!

For a kick, you might try contacting S&B and inquiring about an upgrade/trade-in, they very well may be making some accommodation for folks in your shoes.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Yes, it is within every company's prerogative to do whatever they want to their product line - however, I feel the move from the Crafty to Crafty+ and then to upgrade within 2 years to the ++ was extremely short-sighted in product development and planning. What was the point of launching the Crafty+ if the company planned to have significant upgrades thereafter?

I guess shame on me for not following their news - but really this is just not cool. Yes, does the Crafty+ rock - yeah it does, but to me, it is the principle of preserving the value of your vape and have it depreciate overnight is very unpleasant.
A new improved product 2 years after another ain't a big deal. I bought my Crafty + a couple of months ago and I'm not bothered at all.

I totally agree with @MGG tbh, some people just like to complain no matter what.

gangababa

I have learned that not complaining is, as though, living a life with nothing to complain about.

Yet I am unsure, did I avoid annoyance or gain grace when I bought a Boundless Tera because the local Uruguayan vape tienda had sold-out the S&B Crafty +?
Living too far away to worry with warranty repair service is fabulously freeing; I like vape tear downs.

This little one has me stumped.
Diseno-sin-titulo-17-7.png

David Root

Just picked one up, got 15% off at local store.

The app lets me know when its hot. It seems to work well.

Only tried a small amount in the dosing capsule. It was a toss up, this or mighty. I would like the digital read out, but its on the phone along with battery condition. Crafty + was in stock.

Its charging now.

David

David Root

OK, now after a few days.
First day, battery went dead after 2 bowls. Next time, 2 bowls, 3 battery bars left.

I tried steps, and last night I just set it for max. I watch the temp warm up. As its warming, near the 365* mark, I draw while its still heating up. If you watch the temp sensor, it does not drop temp as much as when it hits a preset temp. In fact, it did not drop at all.

So I did one bowl set at MAX. It was good, ABV was just the color I want.

I have checked every bowl, its always even. No stirring needed. Same for the little dosing capsule.

I ordeered the rest of the things for this vap.

The side kit, and some dosing capsules.

A good purchase.
David Root

vapeape77

OK, now after a few days.
First day, battery went dead after 2 bowls. Next time, 2 bowls, 3 battery bars left.

I tried steps, and last night I just set it for max. I watch the temp warm up. As its warming, near the 365* mark, I draw while its still heating up. If you watch the temp sensor, it does not drop temp as much as when it hits a preset temp. In fact, it did not drop at all.

So I did one bowl set at MAX. It was good, ABV was just the color I want.

I have checked every bowl, its always even. No stirring needed. Same for the little dosing capsule.

I ordeered the rest of the things for this vap.

The side kit, and some dosing capsules.

A good purchase.
David Root
You get the Crafty+ that was released 2 weeks ago with ceramic coated bowl and usb-c?

vapeape77,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapeape77

No. It said "New model" on the box, but it has an aluminu bowl. I am fine with it. Aluminum conducts heat great.

David
Cool man, I still love my Mighty og! Was just curious since I’m waiting for S&B to process my order for the new Crafty+. Lol it’s only been over a week since I ordered it but I’m an impatient type….

vapeape77,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Hi guys...just received my (i think) crafty n. 12º :dog:

Had an open return about a year ago, from the previous crafty, which was already one of the ones that S&B had sent 3 years ago it was a replacement in guarantee of another one...well...it's a long story.... (I only bought 3 crafty's in my life) was my daily for about 5 years....
At the time I didn't send it because it worked fine again and my daily was the TM... still today is
Last week it started to shut off in the middle of the session without warning and I decided to open the same return and explained the situation. They sent another return tag and i sent it back.... today I received a new crafty complete kit(charger, grinder, brush, orings, etc)...
No... it's not the crafty C+ :\
It's the old one with 20% more battery :shrug:
but of course I'm happy... they didn't charge anything
Tried to pay the difference for the new crafty C+ but they refused... :cry:

Hummm...
this is a great vape❤️ best session vape IMO

I've had two mighty's too... it's not for me... it's a brick

Last edited:

David Root

I could not find the newest crafty. I try to buy local. They had a mighty. If it was a + I would have bought it.

I relyy like this thing. It just works. First time, every time

David Root,

vapeape77

I've had two mighty's too... it's not for me... it's a brick
I do agree about the Mighty brick size, thing looks like it was designed for a 4 year old. That said, my og still preforms extremely well for such an old unit. Bought Mighty when it first came out, did a RMA after a year for loose batteries, and the replacement has been going strong since…

vapeape77,

Greenscreen

Had mine about 3 days

I was desktop vape only before so this is a game changer so far
(Time saver as I can get high on the move now instead of delaying tasks / activities to use desktop)

Amazing tech.. if anyone has any loading / usage tips do let me know

I'm slowly reading the thread but any direct replies appreciated

The only non stealth thing about the crafty is the incredible coughing fits I have from the dense clouds of vapor lol!!
Might have to lower them temps 😜

NeedleNuts

Sounds great. I've been thinking about getting one for years. Now that my amazing Fury2 is on it's last legs and the fact that the Crafty is now USB-C, I think it's time to splash out and get one.
Is it better than the Fury2???

NeedleNuts,

johnrecon12

Sounds great. I've been thinking about getting one for years. Now that my amazing Fury2 is on it's last legs and the fact that the Crafty is now USB-C, I think it's time to splash out and get one.
Is it better than the Fury2???
Significantly better vapor production. It's just a set and forget style, that rocks. I have the MicroUSB currently with aluminum bowl and really enjoy it. I get about 6 bowls per charge its pretty solid.

Choices

What would be a fair price to give for a new last model Crafty+? LHS has one for $170. I have a two year old Mighty that works fine for me. Is this going to be much of the same? Battery life isn’t a concern since I rarely go past one dosing cap per evening when using my Mighty. Thanks in advance!

Choices,

BigJr48

What would be a fair price to give for a new last model Crafty+? LHS has one for $170. I have a two year old Mighty that works fine for me. Is this going to be much of the same? Battery life isn’t a concern since I rarely go past one dosing cap per evening when using my Mighty. Thanks in advance
Save your money, stay with the Mighty

Modnote: Reply moved from quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seantagon

What would be a fair price to give for a new last model Crafty+? LHS has one for $170. I have a two year old Mighty that works fine for me. Is this going to be much of the same? Battery life isn’t a concern since I rarely go past one dosing cap per evening when using my Mighty. Thanks in advance!
What’s LHS? $170 is the cheapest ive seen for a +. Personally I think they are worth $150 (Even the newest) They give very consistent great vapor and are easy to use. There is just so much stuff on the market for $279 that has better options. lcd screens, changeable battery’s, etc.

Seantagon,

Choices

What’s LHS? $170 is the cheapest ive seen for a +. Personally I think they are worth $150 (Even the newest) They give very consistent great vapor and are easy to use. There is just so much stuff on the market for $279 that has better options. lcd screens, changeable battery’s, etc.
Oh sorry. LHS is the Local Head Shop. I’ve seen it used before so I thought it was a common thing.
I like my Mighty but it really isn’t a burden to carry it on a hike or long walk. Fits in a cargo shorts pocket fine. So much variety and ways to go...

vapeape77

Enjoy, I will be firing mine up this evening. Enjoy

David
Thanks buddy, loving the size…. Used it before with a friend but forgot how compact it is compared to Mighty boy

Edit: Working on my 3rd bowl now. Lol Im too chicken to try a cap and scratch the bowl or break the casing😂 Also I’ve been setting it on its side after using a Mighty for so long, live and learn. Taste is fantastic and man am I messed to the moon on the full nug method!

Last edited:

vapeape77

Here’s some stems and bubbler ridges I got setup this morning (vapcap and mflb stems, Edge bubblermax).

I’m gonna see how many bowls I get today off full charge with no Bluetooth or flashing lights, running at188c with boost to 198c.

Top Bottom