Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

King87

Have you always only gotten 2 sessions? (more typical would be 4 ... or maybe 3). Or is this with a depleted battery?

The battery has def got slightly worse over the years - however, most of my sessions I usually take a break after every few hits, meaning the crafty turns off and temp reduces, then to get it back up to temp for your next hit it takes more battery power. I'm sure I could get 3 sessions if I had a solid session - but I like to chill and not rush it.

this is the only part in your for the rest good tips for usage ,that I strongly disagree with:peace:.:
never ever blow in the bowl!

Fair play mate, the blow is usally after I have dumped the bud, banged upside down then a blow after - I'm not sure if a light blow to a empty chamber is any worse than packing down the bud when you load it - either way, I'll get rid of the blow ha

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I wanted to try a S&B portable. A Crafty+ came up on ent so I went for it.

For a premium vape, I am not impressed with build quality. Very plasticy, it feels like one drop and it's game over. The heat up time is loooong. Battery life is not great for the size.

The vapor quality is top notch, with a wide open vapor path.

Overall this vape feels very dated to me. The vapor quality is not worth the other drawbacks, and there is better on the market for cheaper.

oddjobold,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Hey everybody. I just joined the S&B family by purchasing a OG Crafty in amazing condition. It is only coming with the complete unit and replacement screens so I’m looking for some accessories to get. The SS cooling unit really jumps out at me and seems like something that I would really enjoy. Does anyone have any long term experience with the SS cooling unit on their crafty? Is it safe to use or will it eventually break the device like I am seeing some other people say.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey everybody. I just joined the S&B family by purchasing a OG Crafty in amazing condition. It is only coming with the complete unit and replacement screens so I’m looking for some accessories to get. The SS cooling unit really jumps out at me and seems like something that I would really enjoy. Does anyone have any long term experience with the SS cooling unit on their crafty? Is it safe to use or will it eventually break the device like I am seeing some other people say.
I would have a very hard time justifying the expense, though it may work great (idk). Maybe you are 'situated' differently...

I think before that, if I wanted alternative to cu, I'd go with a wpa and small bubbler.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I would have a very hard time justifying the expense, though it may work great (idk). Maybe you are 'situated' differently...

I think before that, if I wanted alternative to cu, I'd go with a wpa and small bubbler.
Thanks for the tip! Do you or anyone else know if the SS cooling unit can damage the plastic on the unit? Even if you’re careful

Toivarita,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I had the SS CU. Looks great and is sort of fun, but is just too heavy. Makes the unit feel like a top-heavy piece of machinery. Also the Crafty is like a dark (but slow!) BMW and the bright SS draws attention to it. After some brief fun, it rather quickly moved to the spare parts box never to be used again. On the other hand, I love using the dosing capsules. I have three of the little inexpensive caddies that go in my OG Crafty's bag, one preloaded with sativas, one with indicas and the third empty to take the spent caps. I tend to fill a dozen or more capsules--I also have the magazine with eight more capsules--and then just do no hassle loading and unloading. Lately since I've been trying all kinds of concentrates, I got a fourth caddie to hold pre-loaded sandwich caps, with a layer of flower, a bit of wax or shatter, and a top layer of flower. Knocks yer socks off! Another worthy addition is an extra cooling unit or two, that way as it gets full of gunk you can just put a clean one on and then clean two or three together at a more timely time. Either way, my Crafty is three plus years old and gets used almost every day. I've had a dozen or so portable vapes and the Crafty is my fav.

PS: I was going to offer it to you for free, but I just checked the big bin and I must have thrown it away during one of my cleaning binges.

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I had the SS CU. Looks great and is sort of fun, but is just too heavy. Makes the unit feel like a top-heavy piece of machinery. Also the Crafty is like a dark (but slow!) BMW and the bright SS draws attention to it. After some brief fun, it rather quickly moved to the spare parts box never to be used again. On the other hand, I love using the dosing capsules. I have three of the little inexpensive caddies that go in my OG Crafty's bag, one preloaded with sativas, one with indicas and the third empty to take the spent caps. I tend to fill a dozen or more capsules--I also have the magazine with eight more capsules--and then just do no hassle loading and unloading. Lately since I've been trying all kinds of concentrates, I got a fourth caddie to hold pre-loaded sandwich caps, with a layer of flower, a bit of wax or shatter, and a top layer of flower. Knocks yer socks off! Another worthy addition is an extra cooling unit or two, that way as it gets full of gunk you can just put a clean one on and then clean two or three together at a more timely time. Either way, my Crafty is three plus years old and gets used almost every day. I've had a dozen or so portable vapes and the Crafty is my fav.

PS: I was going to offer it to you for free, but I just checked the big bin and I must have thrown it away during one of my cleaning binges.
Thank you so much for the replay! Very generous of you to offer the mouthpiece. Definitely let me know if you stumble upon it in the future.

Toivarita,

CANtalk

Thank you so much for the replay! Very generous of you to offer the mouthpiece. Definitely let me know if you stumble upon it in the future.
I personally wouldn't use the SS CU either... I've seen too many cracked/broken plastic stories. I'm getting years out of my Crafty. It's been going well and I picked up a spare battery with harness for it and the eventual battery change (a member here sells them even fwiw and no affiliation). My friend has similarly long term ownership and reliability with a Mighty. Both are great portable vape options.

Enjoy the Crafty! And happy new year.

:peace: :leaf:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I personally wouldn't use the SS CU either... I've seen too many cracked/broken plastic stories. I'm getting years out of my Crafty. It's been going well and I picked up a spare battery with harness for it and the eventual battery change (a member here sells them even fwiw and no affiliation). My friend has similarly long term ownership and reliability with a Mighty. Both are great portable vape options.

Enjoy the Crafty! And happy new year.

Yup. I broke the lip on my Crafty when it fell off the chair while using a glass waterpipe adapter. I was able with very careful supergluing and my goose-arm light with magnifier to put it back together. But clearly the glass adapter was going to break it just putting it on. So I got one of the Delta3 latex wpa and it works just fine and no stress on the former break. My battery was also running low, so I too got the jcat battery, but after nearly a year, I'm still using the original battery and getting 5 or 6 mini sessions, which is fine.

Also, I'm active, outdoorsy, do rugged things, take tumbles, etc., and the Crafty is with me, sometimes naked in my pocket sometimes in its padded case in my daypack. Other than that wpa disaster, which after repair caused zero readily visible damage, there's not a broken fin, nick or bruise, though the bowl is deeply deeply yellowed in spite of my cleaning efforts. The dosing caps are particularly great for outdoor activities as no matter how windy rainy or cold, its quick and easy to empty and refill.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Yup. I broke the lip on my Crafty when it fell off the chair while using a glass waterpipe adapter. I was able with very careful supergluing and my goose-arm light with magnifier to put it back together. But clearly the glass adapter was going to break it just putting it on. So I got one of the Delta3 latex wpa and it works just fine and no stress on the former break. My battery was also running low, so I too got the jcat battery, but after nearly a year, I'm still using the original battery and getting 5 or 6 mini sessions, which is fine.

Also, I'm active, outdoorsy, do rugged things, take tumbles, etc., and the Crafty is with me, sometimes naked in my pocket sometimes in its padded case in my daypack. Other than that wpa disaster, which after repair caused zero readily visible damage, there's not a broken fin, nick or bruise, though the bowl is deeply deeply yellowed in spite of my cleaning efforts. The dosing caps are particularly great for outdoor activities as no matter how windy rainy or cold, its quick and easy to empty and refill.
Know any places to get bulk dosing caps?

Toivarita,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

S&B store or reseller. E.g., https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/dosing-capsule-set-40

Don't forget a loading tray like this... https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/filling-set-for-40-dosing-capsules

That's a sweet bulk dosing cap setup. And there are more options available out there... welcome to the large Crafty/Mighty ecosystem. Where there are many independent product developers selling quality accessories 👍.

The CraftyMighty setup and experience is great, highly customizable & impressively rated. It's served me and many others well.

Last edited:

CANtalk

S&B loading kit is nice, it's got everything you need if you need everything. Delta 3D Studios loading tray works better, the top tray nubs are a lot longer than the S&B version. Plus sometimes it's nice to not have to load 40 caps at a time.

POTV has the cheapest price I've seen for the caps.
Totally agree 👍 . So many options and a top notch ecosystem; it impressively adds to the vaping experience.. and is often underrated in reviews and feedback :nod:.

Last edited:

blackstone

I used Crafty+ for a nice wake and bake new years day and man, even after 5 or 6 years of Mighty/Crafty and many other types of vape use, I was really amazed how hard it hit me!
Still get excited about using it and love the vapor.
Got well looked after some RMA service lately so I can only say great things about their customer care for the EU.

Green Kiwi

I really like, the way you post your experience, and I think you hit the nail on the head!
yes, for some weird reason we have also some "haters" , but I think they just hate the fact that"europeans" , be it dutch(the verdamper, or the more sophisticated S&B products, are well just superior, I do think we have a new top quality contender on the block now with the "Bowle"..........
and I still am in love with all S&B has to offer!
their product's are INMHO, the best sofar............
much love to all! 🤜 .

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Toivarita ,
yes, dosing caps can come in 40 pcs, and those loading trays are good if you're doing a lot, but for me (only using 6 to 10 at a time, and they are re-usable for years), the round plastic 8-cap magazine works great, and after I got two of those sets, I realized that the caddy itself is a little filler tool! The clear lid is a funnel for clean filling of 1 capsule at a time.

justcametomind

The loading tray in my case was useless. I’d get the small round tray to keep 8 capsules at once, which also helps to load the capsules one by one, but never again the loading tray. I never ever do load 40 caps at once AND with the same strain, also because I use different vapes, non all of them using S&B caps. I liked the idea but in the end I used it only once and also lost the scale that came with it.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Does anyone use a 12W Apple iPad charging brick to charge their crafty? Or any other charging brick higher than 10W or 2.0A and have you used it through years of use with the crafty with zero problems?
The bottom of the device says “5V 10W Max.” And the old crafty came with a 10W (2.0A) output charger. The only charger brick I have available are 5W (1A)charger bricks (iPhone and other similar) and 5V 12W iPad (2.1A) chargers. Will this be bad for the device and potentially break the internal charging properties? Or does the “5V 10A Max.” mean that the Crafty will have a maximum charge speed no matter what power is given to it. I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff so any help is welcome. I just don’t want to hurt my Crafty OG (new to me). I have a micro USB and 5V-1A permanently attached cord. It’s *spring hook catchers* (pokey little things) have been worn out so the cord easily detaches so it will not damage the Crafty Port. It’s just a slow charger.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

justcametomind

I’m no expert but I’ve never had any issue charging the Crafty with any charger available, iPad’s included

justcametomind,

justcametomind

I charge it with any mini usb cable, connected to any USB outlet adapter in my possession (mostly from apple devices).

justcametomind,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I charge it with any mini usb cable, connected to any USB outlet adapter in my possession (mostly from apple devices).
Thats great news! Are those outlet blocks usually 5W iPhone? 12W iPad? Both about 50-50 and how long have you had a crafty? I’m going to switch over my charging cord to the 12W for now since I want to use it after it’s done charging back up. I think I’ll use the 5W slower charger overnight or when I’m not in a rush.
Anyone else? Looking for lots of opinions.

Last edited:
Toivarita,
Top Bottom