Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Kasish

If we all going to look on the brightside, i have a CFX missing a chamber filter which i am using and refuse to send for warranty service..

also looking on the bright side that i will buy a vapcap for $30 lol until storz and bickels releases their new awaited 2017 vape
Its official?

Kasish,

ligi

ligi
Just filling out the RMA form - seeing I am only <4 more months in the 2Year window :-(
Anyone knows what a repair of a yellow/orange problem would cost outside the window? Also does anyone know what is the real cause of the problem and if it is possible to repair on once own ( I know which side of a soldering iron gets hot :)

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Its official?

RE: Crafty 2.0
No definitely not official... mostly speculation at this point, but I personally trust the speculator's judgment.

I'm 100% on board and willing to wait, if it's an improved crafty, with better heat up time, replaceable 18650 batteries and more reliability.

Just filling out the RMA form - seeing I am only <4 more months in the 2Year window :-(
Anyone knows what a repair of a yellow/orange problem would cost outside the window? Also does anyone know what is the real cause of the problem and if it is possible to repair on once own ( I know which side of a soldering iron gets hot :)

Not sure what that specific light sequence means, but by far the most common fault is the battery.

If I were you I would utilise the warranty... and if they confirm it's the battery you could always refuse to pay their exorbitant fee and do it yourself...
Or just pay and keep using 2 year warranty and then become macgyver at the end of it :science::borg:

Kasish

RE: Crafty 2.0
No definitely not official... mostly speculation at this point, but I personally trust the speculator's judgment.

I'm 100% on board and willing to wait, if it's an improved crafty, with better heat up time, replaceable 18650 batteries and more reliability.

Not sure what that specific light sequence means, but by far the most common fault is the battery.

If I were you I would utilise the warranty... and if they confirm it's the battery you could always refuse to pay their exorbitant fee and do it yourself...
Or just pay and keep using 2 year warranty and then become macgyver at the end of it :science::borg:
If they are making such a beast it should be a nice companion for my mighty).

Kasish,
Reactions: Thcgos

Joaon

GEyQ0Qa.jpg

Is somebody having same problem with capsules ? Not very convenient ..

3 hours of use, still hit like a train !
I've soldered the heater element to the board, it doesn't affect warmup time, still 1:30 min ( 20°C -> 180°C)

Mostly using it from 140°C - 157°C (morning), to 177°C (afternoon), until 195°C (evening)
according to this charts:

zRNQA4p.png

cannabinoides-médecine.jpg

Cannabinoids.jpg

Last edited:

Chandler

sGt1oERzfbhHb_eD3U5hbT6Np43bzZlGxvlL18gWxOsh7f1AfdkjDjmWODAET_FvSe3_u069YGBrBWZd4SY6vMGVHS3nFrzJM6mj8UfIgtyWnQsprv3-CKsBtKbhdW-5i-_MlULXpc2H4U0JoaI=s0-d-e1-ft

For anybody interested, Torontovaporizer.ca is having a blowout thanksgiving sale. this is the cheapest i've seen the crafty for since 2 years ago when i purchased mine!! $379 CAD would equal approximately $285 USD!!!
oNopx72s-Mhb55MDbLUbbNpg62rC3N0MPZIhYiwHLVltxezqNejGraJ04cCd1SdY6PrhjSAc3zmDOW5mLylexsUWeYCThknHLaIJ97wJLmGtd_eBTvoaoHV9gQTGFDR9UyJthy3VE-J6Ie1bV3U=s0-d-e1-ft

$439 CAD = approx. $330 USD

Thanksgiving sale. should end monday i believe

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yep, there is a little bit of material that pass through the lid. Capsule is well closed.
Depend how I grind & inhale, I know.
A little bit of fine material can pass thru the screen. The mess in your photo could not possibly have escaped thru the small holes in the capsule. And when the cu cover is on (with both cu and chamber screens in place), there's not enough room for the capsule lid to open much at all.
Is the capsule lid fitting snug (tighlty) when you press it onto the cap after filling? All of mine find a gripping point and get on even tighter than necessary if I push too hard! I can't see how this problem is happening -- is it multiple times?

I like the charts, by the way, thank you.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
GEyQ0Qa.jpg

Is somebody having same problem with capsules ?

Nope never had that problem.

As others have already said... How is it even possible the bigger chunks got through the holes? :hmm::lol:

I find that completely filling up the dosing capsules (filled to the top with a very light tamping to fit everything firmly inside) results in everything being held in place. Not even finer particles escape when I pack it like this.

Don't over pack it though; As i said, very light tamping to push everything in.

If you dont want to fill a full dosing capsule, buy some s&b DC liquid pads or screens to hold down a smaller load.

Joaon

Yep, the capsule lid is well closed, it happens with light filled capsules (micro dosing).
When I grind fine, most of it ends on the CU screen. Coarse grind, strong inhale; and it's all over the chamber.
@Thcgos Yep, no problem with full filled capsules, but .. :zzz: :haw:

Dosing capsules with liquid pad still have enough place for a little bit of herb? :)

Actually searching what to buy for micro dosing on the go, outside, hiking, at job ..
Capsules & Magazine seems okay, but not enough sneaky for me :ninja:
Caddy (or keychain pill holder) is much better, but how do you isolate Abv from fresh herb ?

Thanks buddies :leaf:

:peace:

Edit: Arg, just discovering the Dynavap Vapcap thread, Vas is back ..

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Coarse grind, strong inhale; and it's all over the chamber.
That seems physically impossible to get those big chunks escaping???
Is the lid sucked up off the sealed position or what??

You could try a dosing capsule, top and bottom, with a single fine screen on top of the herb as another barrier. If you have bigger screens, they are easy to cut down with a scissors.
I don't like the liquid pad on top of the herb!

ChooChooCharlie

Dosing capsules with liquid pad still have enough place for a little bit of herb? :)
Actually searching what to buy for micro dosing on the go, outside, hiking, at job ..

I suggest honeycomb glass screens as spacers for partially filled capsules. Easy and effective. These screens are not cheap, however, at $1 each, from ebay or amazon. Picture and more of my babbling here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-327#post-1008660

Caddy (or keychain pill holder) is much better, but how do you isolate Abv from fresh herb ?

@Ratchett makes an alternative to either version of S&B's capsule holders. Both of the S&B holders have a removable cap, a bad idea on the go, while Ratchett's sleeve does not. Identifying spent ABV capsules from fresh is another issue -- can insert spent capsules upside down in his sleeve. Odor and herb leakage is also prevented as the capsule holes are covered. Probably could drop them in water.
http://delta3dstudios.com/s-b-dosing-capsule-sleeve-4x1/

Arg, just discovering the Dynavap Vapcap thread, Vas is back ..

As for portable micro dosing on the go, if you don't mind butane torches, that Vapcap, or other butane portables would be an option. But don't forget the Milaana or Grasshopper. I just ordered a cool hopper "feeder," a tool for loading the GH neatly, all the way from Israel, so won't see it for a few weeks. Next best thing to preloaded capsules.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Yep, the capsule lid is well closed, it happens with light filled capsules (micro dosing).
When I grind fine, most of it ends on the CU screen. Coarse grind, strong inhale; and it's all over the chamber.
@Thcgos Yep, no problem with full filled capsules, but .. :zzz: :haw:

Thanks buddies :leaf:

:peace:

Edit: Arg, just discovering the Dynavap Vapcap thread, Vas is back ..

Thought that was the case. I too am a micro-doser ;).

When you micro dose, you have to secure the load down.
You can use a screen or the liquid pad as I mentioned eariler.

With the liquid pad I can still fill it about 1/3 full, easily. Maybe more if I push it :worms:

I use the following system... I let them cool down, then I insert them back into my container the other way arround, so I know upside down is used, right way up is unused.

ligi

ligi
How long did it take for you from sending in the device to getting it back? I was sending it in ( domestic ) last Friday and have no status-update yet :-(

ligi,

jimmbo

How long did it take for you from sending in the device to getting it back? I was sending it in ( domestic ) last Friday and have no status-update yet :-(
I'd say it took me about a week and a half to get my device back. I didn't get any status update till it was being shipped back to me.

jimmbo,

Kasish

There is absolutely NO evidence S&B is coming out with anything new. The fact that it took them so long to produce what we have now should be evidence that nothing is going to change anytime soon.
If they build it we will come :-). (granted the price is not mad)

CRvapes

My evidence is that being almost 2017.
We have tons of new portable vaporizers being manufactured. Im sure the competition is not too far off from producing a similar performing crafty/mighty vaporizer at a fraction of the cost.

We now have a new Pax, CFV & tons of others coming out. I would assume S&B would want to continue selling as I've personally have not replaced my lost crafty waiting for something else to pop up.

CRvapes,

Mr. Me2

We have tons of new portable vaporizers being manufactured. Im sure the competition is not too far off from producing a similar performing crafty/mighty vaporizer at a fraction of the cost.

We now have a new Pax, CFV & tons of others coming out. I would assume S&B would want to continue selling as I've personally have not replaced my lost crafty waiting for something else to pop up.
Eg, see Flowermate Swift Pro and Boundless CFV...

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

S&B didn't scrap the Volcano when other desktops came on to the market, though they have made incremental improvements. This is the evidence, the history.
It also seems their business model does not rely on chasing prices dictated by other products. They enjoy a prominent, respectable place in the market, one of the first companies to get medical certifications and get into that very real 'niche'.
I do think that someday some of the dreams will come true; replaceable battery, stronger case, whatever, but I don't agree that big change is that obviously imminent

Top Bottom