• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PossumMD

Anyone got any other ways to get this plasticky smell from my unit? I've tried the steel wool a bunch of times, and not much change... It's so bad I've shelved it.

Edit: it doesn't really taste bad though. It just makes the room have a faint odour of burnt plastic when it's plugged in.

Last edited:
PossumMD,
Reactions: Vitolo

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone got any other ways to get this plasticky smell from my unit? I've tried the steel wool a bunch of times, and not much change... It's so bad I've shelved it.

Edit: it doesn't really taste bad though. It just makes the room have a faint odour of burnt plastic when it's plugged in.
Wow! I have never had a plastic smell from my CL. I am typically sensitive to that too. I had to shelve a UD because the walnut oil flavor was overwhelming.

What wood do you have? Does it happen even low on the dial? I assume it smells the whole time it is running, not just when drawing.

It sounds like it could be defective?

Razhumikin

Wow! I have never had a plastic smell from my CL. I am typically sensitive to that too. I had to shelve a UD because the walnut oil flavor was overwhelming.

What wood do you have? Does it happen even low on the dial? I assume it smells the whole time it is running, not just when drawing.

It sounds like it could be defective?
Yea this is puzzling cause afaik theres no plastic in the construction at all. Does your pwm get hot during use? Maybe theres a short there.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yea this is puzzling cause afaik theres no plastic in the construction at all. Does your pwm get hot during use? Maybe theres a short there.
Oh wait. I just looked back on the thread. Sorry, @PossumMD , I forgot you melted your duvet to it.

I don't have good advice. Maybe that tip can be replaced. Although shipping to Germany and back would probably be expensive.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Weedaholic

I was so tempted by this one, but it didn't have the glass lined stem and I liked the other one I ended up ordering a lot as well :)

It's a real beauty though, enjoy!
Yeah i just use the glass bowl usually but when i use it with the stem,i just fill it half way with 5mm balls.....

You won't be disappointed that's for sure when you get...

I will indeed and thank you my man.

PossumMD

My second couchlog landed two days ago..Could not be more happy with the look of it.

Thank you chris i just love it...Only problem is i see another one on the way very soon.

I'm Australian, it's killing me to not just swear like the clappers to say how much I love this piece. I feel slightly (and only slightly) annoyed I didn't hold off until a special one popped. My Bloodwood one is gorgeous, but dammmmmmmn.

ThePox700

Well I'm having a day. Started off by breaking my glass bowl and learning the lesson of always ordering two. I switched to the glass lined tube and now the herb chamber is stuck. I was able to remove the O ring and it's still stuck in there! It was always a very tight fit, much harder to get in and out than the stock stem. Some wood sap residue looks like it's formed on the surface of the stem as well. Any suggestions on what to do/how to get this unstuck?

Update: I used pliers and was eventually able to get the herb chamber out. But now none of my herb chambers fit in this stem?

Last edited:

goldenbrown

Well I'm having a day. Started off by breaking my glass bowl and learning the lesson of always ordering two. I switched to the glass lined tube and now the herb chamber is stuck. I was able to remove the O ring and it's still stuck in there! It was always a very tight fit, much harder to get in and out than the stock stem. Some wood sap residue looks like it's formed on the surface of the stem as well. Any suggestions on what to do/how to get this unstuck?

Update: I used pliers and was eventually able to get the herb chamber out. But now none of my herb chambers fit in this stem?
If you mean that you can't fit it inside the wood stem, then maybe using some sandpaper in the inside and try to make it a little bigger

goldenbrown,

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Hey there, just wanted to give some information with herbchambers can get stuck problem.

Kingwood will leak out some resin when it gets too hot. The resin will build a clear coating on the surface.
This will only happen till the resin is out of the wood.

You can scratch the resin of without damaging the wood.
Love u all Chris!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh yeah!

Thanks @Beefcake@420Eng for a great transaction and a beautiful piece. My prettiest vape for sure!

I have only taken a couple of hits off it through water and some through prophet but I already like it a lot. Flavor is very undiluted and goes unhindered by the water filtration.

I read something about the temp differences, I think mine needs to be a bit higher on the dial for the best results.

The setup (like in the image above), the way it's designed to function is really the shit. Mainly because it can be unplugged to take a hit and because the herb chamber is externally, away from the heater and attached to the vapor medium (glass piece) in stead. Besides the objective advantages such as efficiency these two qualities bring, it also gives the experience a sort of native feel (combustion type rituals). It's what sold me on the Neo back then, but which unfortunately is flawed by its proprietary joint.

I feel like this is a very versatile piece as well. From the way it's designed, functionally. But also from the way it delivers in a more qualitative sense. It immediately tempts me to experiment with it in ways I wasn't really planning on when I made my purchase. I mean if the CL was offered without the standard mp and only the glass lined one, im sure I would've opted for that to save a buck. But yet here I am filling up the standard stem bowl already! So yeah this is gonna be fun

ibnganja

Oh yeah!

Thanks @Beefcake@420Eng for a great transaction and a beautiful piece. My prettiest vape for sure!

I have only taken a couple of hits off it through water and some through prophet but I already like it a lot. Flavor is very undiluted and goes unhindered by the water filtration.

I read something about the temp differences, I think mine needs to be a bit higher on the dial for the best results.

The setup (like in the image above), the way it's designed to function is really the shit. Mainly because it can be unplugged to take a hit and because the herb chamber is externally, away from the heater and attached to the vapor medium (glass piece) in stead. Besides the objective advantages such as efficiency these two qualities bring, it also gives the experience a sort of native feel (combustion type rituals). It's what sold me on the Neo back then, but which unfortunately is flawed by its proprietary joint.

I feel like this is a very versatile piece as well. From the way it's designed, functionally. But also from the way it delivers in a more qualitative sense. It immediately tempts me to experiment with it in ways I wasn't really planning on when I made my purchase. I mean if the CL was offered without the standard mp and only the glass lined one, im sure I would've opted for that to save a buck. But yet here I am filling up the standard stem bowl already! So yeah this is gonna be fun

welcome to the CL fam.

Chris and the customer service is amazing, and the CL is unique for sure.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I'm having a great time with CL. I'm really happy with the matching glass lined stem.

I think mine needs to be a bit higher on the dial

This was maybe an underestimation lol because i picked up some other herb and had to dial down to 5 to not rip my lungs out 😅 (with the conditioned herb I been using it at 6)

Hash I use at 7. I do add a small layer of vape wool underneath to keep the screen clean. Pretty awesome that it don't need to be topped with a layer as well, if only because the hash prepping ritual is already taking too long lol and the vape wool is just kind of annoying to handle, to me I guess?

I've been enjoying it with hash a lot. Like @olysh said if you just give it a stir before each hit, you can extract until just some powder is left. With the vape wool you can just dump the finished load and the chamber is pretty much clean. I hit the hash through CC Prophet and it's the best I've experienced. Hash is hard to deliver, as it's simply a different thing than herb. Anvil gives bomb ass hash vapor, hash is I think a bit less fragile to the metal than herb is. But CL is amazing at bringing out flavor, pure on demand through that glass path with the lined stem and the prophet is just such a treat!

With herb I've been hitting it through this water piece that I recently got. They pair quite nice, the piece need some force to get the most out of the intended function and CL can easily keep up, unplugged. Again very good flavor.

I also like how it manages to handle however much or little I load. I have been reducing my intake and CL delivers on its promise I believe on the homepage? wrt how it handles however little you load. Very powerful and versatile tool, the whole process and the pure flavor and the nice effects all make for a sort of intimate experience.

sonti

I dont see why it wouldnt be fine, but I figured I ask first anyway:
Is it cool to have the unit upside down using the magnet while plugged in for long periods of time?

sonti,

ThePox700

I dont see why it wouldnt be fine, but I figured I ask first anyway:
Is it cool to have the unit upside down using the magnet while plugged in for long periods of time?
I used to store mine like this. Not sure hazard wise but I didn't notice any change in performance.

ThePox700,

Texus

I would not do that because I wouldn't want it to fall on something and burn it. I keep mine on a metal rolling tray most of the time, away from other stuff.
Question of how strong the magnets & their adhesive are and if the bigger risk is knocking it off the tabletop. Honestly the upside down idea makes the Couchlog more appealing to me.

Texus,

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
I can't recommend doing this!
I would not do that because I wouldn't want it to fall on something and burn it. I keep mine on a metal rolling tray most of the time, away from other stuff.
Thats how i would recommend it.

And for those who still want to know. if you don't turn it up to max there shouldn't be any damage on the device.
But the risk of dropping it down is pretty high.

Ps: we had talked about putting it at the wall and taking hits straight from the wall somewhere in this thread if I remember correctly :)

Top Bottom