• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

KanehBosem

Cannabis is Kaneh Bosem.

Had to ruin a screen and chamber to get it out because of the resin buildup. Used i light sandpaper to scratch the layer out. Hope it won't happen again, I try removing the chamber after each use and use the oring at the highest possible point.
Usually what I will do is, I will vape and make the chamber hot, that will melt the resin and it will be easier to pull out.
Just for the record it never happened to me with the CL

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Usually what I will do is, I will vape and make the chamber hot, that will melt the resin and it will be easier to pull out.
Just for the record it never happened to me with the CL
Yeah I tried it as soon as I read here it can happen with the kingwood, but it wouldn't budge even when heated. I had to use pliers. Decided to sacrifice the herb chamber to prevent damage to the unique wood (and glass lining) of the stem.

coolbreeze

Been using my Couch Log mostly on a low coffee table but lately I have been rotating setups on the desktop. Couch Log takes its turn!
IMG-2998.jpg

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

How are you liking the glass bowl? Filling it with a similar load, is the distance from the herb to the heater in the glass bowl similar to that between the heater to the ss chamber?

I think it will be nice for when I wanna go higher temps, don't wanna risk anymore combusting using the special edition glass lined stem/wpa.

ThePox700

How are you liking the glass bowl? Filling it with a similar load, is the distance from the herb to the heater in the glass bowl similar to that between the heater to the ss chamber?

I think it will be nice for when I wanna go higher temps, don't wanna risk anymore combusting using the special edition glass lined stem/wpa.
I absolutely love it and it's become my daily. Great flavor. My glass piece does get dirtier than using the glass lined stem but that doesn't bother me much. I filled the glass lined stem with some balls and use that natively or with a j hook nowadays.

I feel like there is more space between the bowl and heater than the SS chamber. The glass bowl can also hold more material. I've combusted a few times in the glass lined stem but haven't at all with the bowl.

If you do buy one, I suggest actually buying two. I broke my first bowl and the wait for the second felt like forever (because I missed it so much. CL shipping was quick and wonderful).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I love it. It is my favorite way to use my favorite vape. I like it better than the glass lines stems or any of the metal chamber combos. And I happen to love the CL stems. The glass bowl is just that much better for me. I have two, despite the fact shipping from Germany is outrageously expensive.

coolbreeze

It's my go-to. I love the open draw.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Cool. from the sou d of it I think when I get it I won't use the standard stem (which I only used a few times) or the glass lined stem too much anymore.

I will probably pick one up if I decide to buy some spares.
I have really been enjoying the glass lined stem with the alpha UD lately. It is my favorite WPA for it (along with the Dfreez CL bowl).

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Good Godzilla, I miss the glass bowl so much and wish 420eng could come up with a cheaper alternative for shipping accessories. I think I’d be happy to take my chances with untracked Deutche Post because I’m sorry, €35 to ship a very small €35 bowl seems excessive to say the least. I put a couple of 14s in my basket the other day but couldn’t pull the trigger. I know there are other simliar options out there but imho, the CL + CL glass bowl is something special. So now I spend my days cursing the poor decision to only buy one glass bowl when picking up the CL, blissful in the ignorance of how much I would appreciate that custom fit.

If you’re buying a CL and don’t happen to live in Germany and use glass- please heed my pained voice of experience and get TWO bowls. It will be your favourite method, I can almost guarantee it. And one fateful day, your bowl might shatter by chance but you’ll have another because you planned ahead and thus are prepared to keep riding the flavour train on through the night. Not like this sad, bitter bastard over in England.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Good Godzilla, I miss the glass bowl so much and wish 420eng could come up with a cheaper alternative for shipping accessories. I think I’d be happy to take my chances with untracked Deutche Post because I’m sorry, €35 to ship a very small €35 bowl seems excessive to say the least. I put a couple of 14s in my basket the other day but couldn’t pull the trigger. I know there are other simliar options out there but imho, the CL + CL glass bowl is something special. So now I spend my days cursing the poor decision to only buy one glass bowl when picking up the CL, blissful in the ignorance of how much I would appreciate that custom fit.

If you’re buying a CL and don’t happen to live in Germany and use glass- please heed my pained voice of experience and get TWO bowls. It will be your favourite method, I can almost guarantee it. And one fateful day, your bowl might shatter by chance but you’ll have another because you planned ahead and thus are prepared to keep riding the flavour train on through the night. Not like this sad, bitter bastard over in England.
I actually bought my second one at the same time as an order with my friend @4everpushingaboulder. Probably worth it to get a few ents together in your country split the shipping. Hell, in the UK you could probably drive it to folks around your lil island. 😄

Anyway, I am sad for you and will think of your broken bowl when I hit mine tonight.

KanehBosem

Cannabis is Kaneh Bosem.
KanehBosem,
Reactions: Vitolo

TeaCup

Hey guys, I need some help. I don't know how long I've had this, maybe 6 months, and I've used it everyday but two. I really really really like this thing, alot. But I'm stuck between wanting to love it and getting rid of it.

In the TinyMight thread people have talked about a "working range" on the dial. I have a close to zero working range on the CLog. I pretty much have to use it right around level 3. Anything too far above that and I can't even come close to having decent looking ABV, I tunnel and hotspot bigtime. I thought when you go up in temps your supposed to quicken your draw? Anytime I do that it just gets worse. I've been at this CL long enough now to wonder either I just don't have the right breath speed to match this vape or I'm doing something wrong that I don't know how to detect.

This is my first log and when people talk about this as the best log they own, and they own several kinds, it leaves me questioning what's going on here. Maybe it's just a bad vape for me I really don't know. I absolutely do not in anyway want to get rid of this vape but right now I'm in a "let's get rid of vapes that it's a chore to use" mode. If anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it. I'm giving this vape an extra long leash because of the price and because of how much I like it even with my short comings with it. Thanks.

@TeaCup I don’t think I’d even get visible vapor at level 3, but I do struggle with hot spotting as well with this vape. The AVB never comes out very even for me. I’m usually running around 7 with the stock bowl and 8+ with the glass bowl through water. If I go down to 5-6 for dry hits, the hot spotting is less of an issue, but I don’t feel like I’m getting full extraction at those temps.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I never care about the evenness of my duff. I don't think the color indicates much given my experience with looking at duff that no longer produces vapor.

That being said, I don't get tunneling. I also keep my draw long and slow even at high temps. If I rip it hard, it does pull more heat from the injector bit, and it takes longer to get back to temp.

I especially take it slow when hitting with the direct draw stem as that is much more enjoyable for me.

You definitely have a hot one. Since you are getting good vapor at 3. Mine is like that too.

It's my favorite log because it is versatile, tasty and extracts efficiently. I can absolutely pull everything out in one hit on the glass bowl, though I tend to enjoy for a longer session.

This is sort of rambling. Since you mentioned the TM, do you increase your draw speed at the high temps with that vape? Does it give you duff that you don't like?

TeaCup

@TeaCup I don’t think I’d even get visible vapor at level 3, but I do struggle with hot spotting as well with this vape. The AVB never comes out very even for me. I’m usually running around 7 with the stock bowl and 8+ with the glass bowl through water. If I go down to 5-6 for dry hits, the hot spotting is less of an issue, but I don’t feel like I’m getting full extraction at those temps.
Hmmm, interesting. I didn't mention the full extraction bit, but yes, this!! That's also part of the problem, I'm wasting weed, I can put whatever's left in a different vape and still get a good hit. I feel like going higher in temps with the hotspotting just defeats the entire purpose because then I don't get a clean tasting hit. This whole thing is very frustrating. When @Zillacon posted yesterday on Reddit that's really what pushed me over the edge in asking for help. One thing I've realized since joining FC though is just how much people differ in what's acceptable in their mind of a good tasting hit. Maybe nothings wrong at all and there's just a fine line between how high you can go in a temp with still tasting 100% pure. The fine line with this vape is what I'm questioning, it appears a little too fine??

I never care about the evenness of my duff. I don't think the color indicates much given my experience with looking at duff that no longer produces vapor.
Yeah see, I do, lol. I understand about color not being an indicator but I don't believe that's what's going on here. If your hotspotting and tunneling, to me that's different. Because it really takes away from the flavor big time, it's like one step away from charring because you get a huge roasted flavor mixed in with weed flavor if the hotspot is deep enough.

It's my favorite log because it is versatile, tasty and extracts efficiently.
:hmm:

Since you mentioned the TM, do you increase your draw speed at the high temps with that vape? Does it give you duff that you don't like?
I don't think the color indicates much given my experience with looking at duff that no longer produces vapor.
I only stay at one temp with all my vapes. I try to get them all to be at the same temp sensation in the back of my throat and same restriction within my draw. Yes, all my vapes beside this one I can get golden to medium brown ABV with full extraction and great taste.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, I didn't even realize it. I thing you can merge but I forgot how to.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@TeaCup the lack of temp range I don't recognize, indeed sounds annoying.

With CL I always keep in mind that I can effortlessly burn through a bowl in one sip. To do this flavorful you need to hit it at the right temp setting or it will be either underwhelming or approaching that charred taste. I have the idea that because of this ability to ruthlessly devour a bowl, the temp margin wherein that flavorful one-hit is waiting is less forgiving than it is in some other one hitting vapes. I have found that keeping my bud at a consistent moistness level helps with predictability to find a temp range that delivers.

I only use it with glass pieces so have the bowl upside down, easy to give a stir.

TeaCup

That being said, I don't get tunneling. I also keep my draw long and slow even at high temps. If I rip it hard, it does pull more heat from the injector bit, and it takes longer to get back to temp.

I especially take it slow when hitting with the direct draw stem as that is much more enjoyable for me.

You definitely have a hot one. Since you are getting good vapor at 3. Mine is like that too.

It's my favorite log because it is versatile, tasty and extracts efficiently. I can absolutely pull everything out in one hit on the glass bowl, though I tend to enjoy for a longer session.

This is sort of rambling. Since you mentioned the TM, do you increase your draw speed at the high temps with that vape? Does it give you duff that you don't like?
So am I reading too much into the fact that this post has the most likes so therefore is most how people feel?? If that's true then maybe this isn't the right vape for me because I read that like people feel that a super fine line between a large clean pure hit and a large hit with good but not great taste because of some hotspotting is basically OK? Is this correct to those people that liked this post?

the temp margin wherein that flavorful one-hit is waiting is less forgiving than it is in some other one hitting vapes.
Ok, well that helps a little knowing that.

I have found that keeping my bud at a consistent moistness level helps with predictability to find a temp range that delivers.
I have some of those hydrostones on order because they were cheap and I'm curious at what they can provide with all my vapes.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I have 2 units and can say certainly that they operate at two different setting and even when I feel like I have them close in performance I still see variation. The oak unit I have performs better (or atleast for my style of inhaling) than my African blackwood. I strictly use the glass wpa and have had issues with my African blackwood and hot spotting. This took some time of fine adjusting to get the heater exactly at the right operating temp for me. I have found that both of the logs work within a temp zone and must then be fine tuned to hit optimal performance. Figuring out my blackwood took considerable more material and time to find it's "sweet spot". I found the adjustments to the blackwood are really sensitive compared to my oak. I also think this vape performs better when there is a sizeable gap between the load and heater, which is achievable with the glass wpa.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TeaCup

I have 2 units and can say certainly that they operate at two different setting and even when I feel like I have them close in performance I still see variation. The oak unit I have performs better (or atleast for my style of inhaling) than my African blackwood. I strictly use the glass wpa and have had issues with my African blackwood and hot spotting. This took some time of fine adjusting to get the heater exactly at the right operating temp for me. I have found that both of the logs work within a temp zone and must then be fine tuned to hit optimal performance. Figuring out my blackwood took considerable more material and time to find it's "sweet spot". I found the adjustments to the blackwood are really sensitive compared to my oak. I also think this vape performs better when there is a sizeable gap between the load and heater, which is achievable with the glass wpa.
Hope this helps.
Thank you. This was an awesome post especially considering your post pushed me over the edge, super helpful with my psyche. It appears I have a super finicky one then. Not gonna lie - this is a bummer. I have a Kingswood one and as soon as I realized I really like this vape I started thinking of selling this one and getting a different wood type anyways. Looks like this is becoming more tempting.

Two last question I think for people: Do you think it's unethical for me to sell this considering how finicky it is? And is this how other logs operate in regards to having such a wide range within different peoples units and the hotspotting at say medium to medium high temps?

Top Bottom