Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Just recycled my reclaim with the pad in the herb chamber. Here is my feedback: this is a brilliant idea, how has no one thought of this for a log before? I feel like im getting free dabs just for using the couchlog, like a rewards program lol. Just another simple, elegant touch in a laundry list of them for this device. I havent put it down since i got it.
Thank you for the nice words!
Recycling makes cleaning fun ;)
Nice picture! I have my temperature controller on the side of my freezer ;)
Wish you fun times with your new log :)
I just tried this too, and it's a really cool feature. I normally don't try to do anything with reclaim or AVB, and I had been soaking the pads in iso to start off. I think I'll just vape them clean from now on! I got a big cloud from each pad and it didn't taste bad or harsh (I went through water). Great idea!
Thanks for testing and feedback. :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Man! I have yet to use the pads, I know what I am doing tonight! ha. What a great feature I totally forgot about. I have getting some wonderful use out of my Couch Log, it's been one of my DD's since I got it. It's a pleasure to use.
I too, have not used any "stuffing" in this bird!
I have been using it all along without Pad or Beads...
It's been so great that I am reluctant to change my style!
I don't generally care for filtration.
I may have to try it!

btka

I have a question can you microdose with the couch log like with the e-nano... the bowl seem big for microdosing... how much g minmum you have to laod to get a good cloud... I like to put less ant finish with one hit because I do not like when you more then one or two hits from bowl after taht I do not like the taste and also it is never bad to conserve herb...

I watched video on youtbe for couch log that is why I am asuming bowl of couchlog is bigger then e-nano (maybe I am wrong never saw a couch log in reality) ... btw @Beefcake@420Eng if bowl is really big can you think about an microdose bowl? btw can you adjust the basket screen and what is the diameter of bowl?

Last edited:
btka,
Reactions: Vitolo

coolbreeze

and what is the diameter of bowl?
Also, @Beefcake@420Eng, how does the heater seat in the bowl? Is the heater stopped by the bottom of the bowl, or is it conical and stopped by the bowl wall, or does the bowl stop by a rim around the heater? I guess what I'm wondering is will it 'stop' atop a 14mm, straight-sided bowl? If so, how; if not, can you describe why not? Sorry for the in-depth, but I'm just trying to plumb the possibilities here.

@btka The bowl isn’t too large for microdosing. In fact, I find the microdosing capabilities nearly on par with the Woodscents. Very common for me to load .05g or even less. I don’t think you could stuff much more than .15g in there, so I don’t think the bowl is significantly larger than the E-Nano. It’s slightly narrower and a bit deeper than a Tafee Bowle pot. I don’t know the exact measurements.

@coolbreeze The stock bowl has a ledge inside to stop the heater. The heater fits inside the bowl until it meets the ledge. Here is a photo of how the heater sits in a 14mm female glass joint.

108-BDECF-D746-4-B9-C-A180-BDFD7712-D877.jpg

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
I have a question can you microdose with the couch log
Yes every amount works, if it doesn't cover the screen you maybe need to turn up the heater a bit.

btw can you adjust the basket screen and what is the diameter of bowl?
Not adjustable, no need to do that.
10mm diameter bowl / 10mm height (12mm with normal shaped screens).

@coolbreeze the stock bowl sits on the tip of the heater, so it can't get stuck.

@letter never sent thanks for helping out :rockon:

Razhumikin

Im realizing, if you wanna be lazy, you dont even really need to put the cooling pad in the herb chamber to get reclaim hits. They wont be as robust, but ive left my cooling pad in place and been getting comfortable, stony reclaim hits out of my empty stem all day.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I grabbed a cooling j-hook from OGB and it just barely works with the CouchLog. Lol. I should have thought more about the clearance before I bought it. It fits my P80 as well but not the Woodscents. Nice piece though!

A9-CCBE70-D2-A3-4-EC1-A5-BD-FA80156-C7351.jpg
Yeah this is what I was asking earlier: what gives with logs in general opting for long stems when the primary use case is mostly the glass joint of a bubbler? It's precisely because of the absurd stack height and iffy clearance shown in your pic that I feel there's a less-is-more opportunity if that makes sense.

I'm not mad at log makers for offering their own clever cooling stems, but I have a similar Sherlock style j-hook from OGB and it provides plenty of cooling so I'd prefer to just pop a CouchLog heater on a stubby little chalice bowl like the injector desktops do. Either that or the inverse with a female joint around the heater like the Highlighter and pair it with a standard wpa. Heck I'd spring for a another j-hook with little feet that I could put a screen in and just load directly like a pipe

jasp3r

Yeah this is what I was asking earlier: what gives with logs in general opting for long stems when the primary use case is mostly the glass joint of a bubbler? It's precisely because of the absurd stack height and iffy clearance shown in your pic that I feel there's a less-is-more opportunity if that makes sense.

I'm not mad at log makers for offering their own clever cooling stems, but I have a similar Sherlock style j-hook from OGB and it provides plenty of cooling so I'd prefer to just pop a CouchLog heater on a stubby little chalice bowl like the injector desktops do. Either that or the inverse with a female joint around the heater like the Highlighter and pair it with a standard wpa. Heck I'd spring for a another j-hook with little feet that I could put a screen in and just load directly like a pipe
You definitely could from my understanding. I am looking forward to a CL also and was thinking about using something like this or this:

paired with these for lowest profile if your hook is 14 not 18

It's actually one of the main attractions to me about this unit besides the stunning aesthetics and hyped up performance. It has a 14mm male injector has the part that mates with glass which is pretty standard in my book!

coolbreeze

Exactly. Woodscents includes a WPA, and @letter never sent's showed how he uses this bowl with a 14mm-18mm reducer, but if it fit natively in a joint or wpa, that would be great. Heck, a low profile WPA would be a welcome inclusion with the kit.

Edit: It's not that this stem looks insufficient in design, it would just really be nice to have the bowl and log sit as close to the downstem as possible.

@bossman the long stem is actually the only reason the clearance worked with that j-hook. If the log was closer to the joint it would not fit.

@Beefcake@420Eng may be working on a custom 14mm glass bowl option. If anyone finds one that works well, please let us know! I tried using the Elev8r bowl with a 14mm reducer, and the results were not optimal. I could not get full extraction even on max temp because the heater was too far away from the herb.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@bossman the long stem is actually the only reason the clearance worked with that j-hook. If the log was closer to the joint it would not fit.

@Beefcake@420Eng may be working on a custom 14mm glass bowl option. If anyone finds one that works well, please let us know! I tried using the Elev8r bowl with a 14mm reducer, and the results were not optimal. I could not get full extraction even on max temp because the heater was too far away from the herb.
I use simax 14/23 female to 19/26 male adapter for my 14 mm logs. I put the screen from male side and let is sit at the widest part of the male joint,15mm screen is good fit :). I can take a photo tomorrow if you like .

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Found it :) ! Not simax but lenz is also great quality and made in Germany!!!!
You sit the screen inside the widest part of the male joint and just have to find the right diamter screen. That part is 19 mm OD with 2mm wall,so 15 mm should work great,i advise on coarser mesh cause they fit more securely and you cant push it down while poking in the bowl. I can pretty much cash the bowl in one or two hits with my glass ball log vapes,and this one looks to be at least that powerful from the looks,so i dont see a problem.
I also tried making ones with a glass screen,but i broke my prototype,i have to confess i ended putting a metal screen over the glass one,cause i hate bits in my water tool.
If @Beefcake@420Eng is down to a custom one ,i recommend leaving the female part ungrinded or flame polished,otherwise it will get metal scars from the TI.
I am pretty wasted today but i can dig up US alternative. Look for Accugrind is a great brand or quickfit. You need 19/26 cone to 12/23 socket .It is actually called a reducer in lenz catalog,so if you are not getting hits with adapter use reducer as a keyword.

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I bet @Alan has the right stuff to make a shorty WPA for this too... What diameter?
A 1/2" diameter screen will work at the bottom of the 14mm joint and a 17mm diameter screen will work at the bottom of the 18mm joint to create a roasting bowl. Here is a thread I started a while back that discusses it. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18mm-glass-roasting-tube.12648/#post-540682
Use a male end tube to push the screen into place so that it stays flat and even.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
It has a 14mm male injector
Correct
what gives with logs in general opting for long stems when the primary use case is mostly the glass joint of a bubbler?
The CouchLog stem works perfect as an 18mm WPA (much better then 14mm) and sits pretty stable on top, check the YouTube videos...i have also an 18mm j-hook, where it works perfect. Your glaspiece needs to have enough space. Otherwise you can use an
I had to go for 18mm, cause i needed a bigger airparh to guarantee even extraction. If i make the stem longer, to fit 14mm better, i get more hotspots.

Im currently talking to a glasblower to get something custom done, but thats far away.

@Abysmal Vapor the lenz reducer seems pretty good, i will try it! Thank you so much!

@Alan thanks for the input, i tried this combo last week, but i found that my standard 18/18 bowl with 14mm reducer for the injector worked better.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The CouchLog stem works perfect as an 18mm WPA (much better then 14mm) and sits pretty stable on top, check the YouTube videos...i have also an 18mm j-hook, where it works perfect. Your glaspiece needs to have enough space. Otherwise you can use an
Otherwise you can use an... what? I feel like there was more to that sentence.

All my glass is 18mm and that's my preference too. I wasn't asking about 18 vs 14 or whether the long CL stem was stable. I was asking why there isn't a short option when the stem's cooling isn't needed.

It's like I'd expect to pop a log on glass like this...
PXL-20220126-145314632.jpg

But the CL seems to expect me to do this..
PXL-20220126-145353451.jpg

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Otherwise you can use an... what? I feel like there was more to that sentence
Sorry :) ... Otherwise you can use an small plastic sleeve to make the stem a bit thicker. (I printed one out) Then it wont go in as deep and still got a good fit.

If you use an 18mm, the stem is sitting a lot deeper than in an 14mm adapter.

My first Prototyp was much deeper, but i need the part thats standing out of the glas. There are flat areas, that prevents the stem from rolling around, and thats the only place i can add them :peace:

Colage-Forum1.png

Vaporware

It sounds like some people would be fine with an option that was as short as possible, even if it rolled. Maybe it would be short enough to stand up?

You could also add any small protrusion to the side to stop rolling if you still wanted to address that issue. :)

A smaller wood WPA type stem would work well. Kinda like the ones Ed sells for the Woodscents.

I do think the profile is pretty decent with an 18mm joint. For 14mm, there is also the option of taking the bowl and dropping it directly into the joint with an o-ring. That’s as low profile as it gets. Handling becomes an issue with that method though since the bowl stays hot for a bit immediately after the hit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for all the answers. I do see the utility of a stem that doubles as both 14 and 18mm wpa and won't roll away. What I still don't get is why the wooden cooling stem is the only wpa on offer. What's inside the wooden cooling stem again?

I thought my janky Splinter pic was an easier way of explaining what appears to me like a chin scratcher of redundancy: nobody would elect to use a cooling stem from the heater to the downstem of their bubbler when all that's needed is a bowl that will receive said heater, right? Especially with the CL heater being detachable from the base it seems like I ought to be able to just put it on a j-hook or bubbler and not be dirtying a cooling stem, wooden or otherwise. I do see now that the stem height when inserted into an 18mm joint is not excessive.

It sounds like @letter never sent's suggestion of putting the bowl (the metal part I see sticking out of the stem?) into the joint with an o-ring is the closest hack for what I was asking about. Maybe there's just a simpler, non-cooling wpa option in our future or maybe it's easy to remove the cooling stuff from the current one and keep it clean and I'm just confused.

In related news, I'm on the waiting list now (which is about how long a wait, roughly?). So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Top Bottom