Awesome video, thank you @Vitolo!

I have one of these on the way, but DHL is dropping the ball. It has been sitting at the local warehouse since Sunday, and I can't seem to get them to deliver it. I'm hoping tomorrow is the day.

Super excited to get it!

Well, I had to drive down to the warehouse myself and pry it out of their hands, but the CouchLog is now in my possession! First impression is the fit and finish are fantastic. Now to get through the rest of my workday so I can get home and start testing! Pics and vids to follow!

Ripstar

So glad I went with Kingswood. I have only ran 3 loads through it and this thing is truly something else. The airflow is very different from most logs.
First hit I tried highest setting, I thought it was about to combust, instead, I got a massive rip that was on the verge. Boom, ripped 🤘 Bowl done. Great results!
Second bowl was a much lower temp(mid high, not sure how to explain them yet 😂). Amazing results in flavor and quantity! Very easy to pull/ control.
3rd I went a little lower. Holy flavor train😳I temp stepped from there. This is the way! I loved going low to high and enjoying every level.
Once again, this airflow is very unique. The learning curve could be a huge selling point with how easy it is to use. Mid to low temps are something special to experience. I need to play with higher temps more to see results, probably through some glass. Did I mention how cool the native vapor is?😳 Not once did I get hot vapor, crazy. More to come!
Amazing work @Beefcake@420Eng .

PXL_20211209_025600348.jpg

Last edited:

Razhumikin

So glad I went with Kingswood. I have only ran 3 loads through it and this thing is truly something else. The airflow is very different from most logs.
First hit I tried highest setting, I thought it was about to combust, instead, I got a massive rip that was on the verge. Boom, ripped 🤘 Bowl done. Great results!
Second bowl was a much lower temp(mid high, not sure how to explain them yet 😂). Amazing results in flavor and quantity! Very easy to pull/ control.
3rd I went a little lower. Holy flavor train😳I temp stepped from there. This is the way! I loved going low to high and enjoying every level.
Once again, this airflow is very unique. The learning curve could be a huge selling point with how easy it is to use. Mid to low temps are something special to experience. I need to play with higher temps more to see results, probably through some glass. Did I mention how cool the native vapor is?😳 Not once did I get hot vapor, crazy.
Amazing work @Beefcake@420Eng .

View attachment 15093
Damn that thing is stunning! Thanks for the great write up, all these great reviews are making the wait even harder!

Yeah, this thing is a little beast.

Next to Woodscents for scale.
99-AF61-CA-DF76-4-DBB-86-F5-2712013-DC70-F.jpg

How long did you preheat before the cordless hit? It looks really impressive, would you think you could get another hit out of it or was it too cool?

It was well heat soaked by the time I used it. Over an hour.

I tried another hit right after that one, but the bowl was cashed! Plugging back in made no difference, got almost no vapor on subsequent pulls. I only used around ~.05g.

Ripstar

It was well heat soaked by the time I used it. Over an hour.

I tried another hit right after that one, but the bowl was cashed! Plugging back in made no difference, got almost no vapor on subsequent pulls. I only used around ~.05g.
Yep, I did the same thing. Very impressive with how long it stayed hot, but the bowl was done quickly 😂

I'll say a bit more now that I've been using the CouchLog for a few days...

I really like this vape. I was a big fan of the log format already, and this is a log on steroids. The heater really packs a punch. It feels like a heavy, but it's still got that classic log sense of efficiency. I've had incredible results using anywhere from .05g to .1g. Bowl is usually spent after a single big hit through water. I find myself preferring 6/10 on the dial in the early going. Heavy on clouds, but still offers good flavor. I started on 7 and it was a bit roasty for me. I'd likely risk combustion if I went much higher than that.

Aesthetically, the unit looks and feels great. I like that the heat shield is removable. Nice having direct access to the heater for cleaning if needed, and will also make it easy to condition the interior portion of the wood. The bloodwood on my CouchLog is beautiful and has a nice hand feel. Everything looks and feels high end. I like the press fit with o-rings for the heat shield and the bowl. The heater-to-bowl fit is awesome, feels very secure and "locks" into place nicely. The custom temp controller is cool and the magnets are another nice touch. I'm using one of the adhesive magnetic pads for the controller so it doesn't move around (it's lightweight and the cord is a bit stiff). I do wish the wood on the controller matched the unit and stem, maybe possible at some point?

Ease of use is everything you expect from a log. I'm surprised how small the unit is given how hard it hits. The wood never gets too hot to the touch, at least not around level 6. It seems to heat up fast, though I haven't tested exactly how fast. The heat retention is impressive, as shown in my cordless video above. I've been using it primarily on my bubbler so far, mostly because of how great the airflow is and how fun it is to milk up a piece with this thing. I plan to dive into more dry use soon. My early impression there is that the cooling pads do a decent job, but it's definitely an intense experience with that airflow! I should probably turn it down a bit for dry hits and see how good the flavor can really be.

So yeah, this vape is really cool and totally elevates the classic log experience. Nice work @Beefcake@420Eng!

Texus

I'll say a bit more now that I've been using the CouchLog for a few days...

I really like this vape. I was a big fan of the log format already, and this is a log on steroids. The heater really packs a punch. It feels like a heavy, but it's still got that classic log sense of efficiency. I've had incredible results using anywhere from .05g to .1g. Bowl is usually spent after a single big hit through water. I find myself preferring 6/10 on the dial in the early going. Heavy on clouds, but still offers good flavor. I started on 7 and it was a bit roasty for me. I'd likely risk combustion if I went much higher than that.

Aesthetically, the unit looks and feels great. I like that the heat shield is removable. Nice having direct access to the heater for cleaning if needed, and will also make it easy to condition the interior portion of the wood. The bloodwood on my CouchLog is beautiful and has a nice hand feel. Everything looks and feels high end. I like the press fit with o-rings for the heat shield and the bowl. The heater-to-bowl fit is awesome, feels very secure and "locks" into place nicely. The custom temp controller is cool and the magnets are another nice touch. I'm using one of the adhesive magnetic pads for the controller so it doesn't move around (it's lightweight and the cord is a bit stiff). I do wish the wood on the controller matched the unit and stem, maybe possible at some point?

Ease of use is everything you expect from a log. I'm surprised how small the unit is given how hard it hits. The wood never gets too hot to the touch, at least not around level 6. It seems to heat up fast, though I haven't tested exactly how fast. The heat retention is impressive, as shown in my cordless video above. I've been using it primarily on my bubbler so far, mostly because of how great the airflow is and how fun it is to milk up a piece with this thing. I plan to dive into more dry use soon. My early impression there is that the cooling pads do a decent job, but it's definitely an intense experience with that airflow! I should probably turn it down a bit for dry hits and see how good the flavor can really be.

So yeah, this vape is really cool and totally elevates the classic log experience. Nice work @Beefcake@420Eng!
So how would you describe the airflow? Any good comparisons on that front?

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
First of all thanks for the love im getting on the forum! Thanks for the nice review/videos @letter never sent @Vitolo @VGOODIEZ @Saerdna and everyone else whos participating in my journey through the vape cosmos.

It's open, but not WIDE open
If u want it more open, try a glas bowl. its like breathing Cannabinoides atleast with my setup / 18mm bowl with 14mm adapter. But you will need to stir a bit. (Will add a picture later, i get an error)

You can drop the herb chamber directly on a 14mm fit (with o-ring attached). If you want to get rid of the wood. (Props to @Saerdna)
(Will add a picture later, i get an error)

I added a new video (how to add glas beads) and will do more how tos on the CouchLog. So if u have ideas for more content, let me know.
How-to add glas beads

It's been a week and I haven't hit any of my other vapes yet. The honeymoon is strong! Feeling pretty dialed in at this point. I've settled on a bowl size around ~0.08g. Medium grind in the BCG and the flower is fairly moist (currently stored with 62% boveda packs) so the bowl is pretty full even with this amount. You could definitely fit more with drier material and finer grind. I've cranked the heat up a bit lately - currently running 7/10 thru water, 6/10 dry. Still seeing the most use on the bubbler. I'm consistently killing bowls in one hit on 7, even unplugged. Takes 4-5 seconds for full whitewall (goo roo large inline is the piece I'm using) with total hit length topping out around 20 seconds. I usually give a good stir and try for a second hit, but it's almost always close to zero vapor. Really loving this vape for super easy and efficient extraction of smaller amounts!

Ripstar

Wow, I have been using the Couch Log through water a lot this last week, I gotta say, this thing really shines with a good piece. Vapor stays very cool and as I said before, it comes quick! Going to try on a few smaller pieces besides the HD 3 piece, it works wonderful through a Jhook as well.

Top Bottom