coolbreeze

Hi all! I am very new to desktop/log style vapes so please bear with me :). I used the tinymight for a while before expanding my collection to include a couchlog, but I’m finding myself frustrated with the size of the bowl that comes with the wooden stem. I’m a little overwhelmed by all the alternate possibilities… is there a glass stem with an adjustable bowl, like the tinymight, that can be used with the couchlog? I’ve heard the E-nano XL stems work, has anyone tried that out? Also I see this glass bowl linked above - this looks like it sits in a water piece, which I might also be interested in trying… any tips? Apologies for all the dumb questions, thank you all so much for your help!
If you like the idea of using a waterpiece you probably want the JoDa bowl:

It's awesome. The standard CouchLog Glass Bowl is great too.

Spleeetz

Amazing, thank you! So the couchlog glass mouthpiece uses the same bowl as the wooden one, right? So it wouldn't give me the bigger size I was looking for, I guess that means I should probs go for the JoDa bowl. Thank you so much! :) I probably will mostly use it dry though so hopefully someone has a tip for a better stem option.

coolbreeze

Amazing, thank you! So the couchlog glass mouthpiece uses the same bowl as the wooden one, right?
Yes.
So it wouldn't give me the bigger size I was looking for, I guess that means I should probs go for the JoDa bowl.
Yes and no: The Glass Mouthpiece would not give you a bigger load, just a better 14mm connection. The JoDa bowl would give you the ability to adjust load size to some degree, but within practical limits. Its real strength that you can adjust the load size and the distance. So it would be like using one of the mouthpiece/chambers (or a bit more or even less) at an adjustable distance, to balance temps for a more even roast. You can only go so big with the amount though because of the diameter; it will become less effective or need more stirring the deeper the amount of herb is. If you want to roast bigger loads, you'd want the Couch Log Glass Bowl. It has a larger capacity and good (non-adjustable) distance. It's also great for normal (~.1g) loads, too.
Thank you so much! :) I probably will mostly use it dry though so hopefully someone has a tip for a better stem option.
My pleasure! Maybe a nice j-hook?

Last edited:

Spleeetz

Yes.

Yes and no: The Glass Mouthpiece would not give you a bigger load, just a better 14mm connection. The JoDa bowl would give you the ability to adjust load size to some degree, but within practical limits. Its real strength that you can adjust the load size and the distance. So it would be like using one of the mouthpiece/chambers (or a bit more or even less) at an adjustable distance, to balance temps for a more even roast. You can only go so big with the amount though because of the diameter; it will become less effective or need more stirring the deeper the amount of herb is. If you want to roast bigger loads, you'd want the Couch Log Glass Bowl. It has a larger capacity and good (non-adjustable) distance. It's also great for normal (~.1g) loads, too.

My pleasure! Maybe a nice j-hook?

Gorgeous! Thank you again! The couchlog glass bowl is exactly what I’ll get.

Re: j-hook, would the couchlog glass pipe serve the same purpose?

coolbreeze

Gorgeous! Thank you again! The couchlog glass bowl is exactly what I’ll get.

Re: j-hook, would the couchlog glass pipe serve the same purpose?
It sure would! I haven't tried it yet but it's gotta be great.

Edit: The pipe has an 18mm input which will fit either mouthpiece but you'd want to make sure you'd get either an 18mm glass bowl, or a 14mm and a reducer. The 14mm plus reducer could be more useful with a variety of glass fwiw.

Last edited:

Ripstar

Man, I keep having issues with my cord and it getting wrapped up, anyone find a good solution to this?

Ripstar,

DgN'R

Happy hack between 420eng and Retrosteam, made in Germany :brow:

The lower part of a Sticksteam can be used as a receptacle for a CouchLog herb chamber, using suitable O-rings (here it's an O-rings from DW for the NOVA). This MP uses the integrated RO screen instead of the CL. Flat acrylic mouthpiece really makes all the difference (possible very big clouds of incredible softness). It is also possible to add glass beads to it (or organic filters). It is also possible to choose a short or long, or bent acrylic MP. Herb chamber holds securely. If you like to sip your CL with a MP, you'll probably love it 😉

Spleeetz

It sure would! I haven't tried it yet but it's gotta be great.

Edit: The pipe has an 18mm input which will fit either mouthpiece but you'd want to make sure you'd get either an 18mm glass bowl, or a 14mm and a reducer. The 14mm plus reducer could be more useful with a variety of glass fwiw.
Thank you so much for the info, this is so helpful!! I’m sorry, I have more questions. It’s kinda hard to see from the picture on the site how the pipe works and there’s not that much info... I would use it with a bowl, correct? Like the 14mm couchlog glass bowl we were just discussing. Where does the mouthpiece come in? You’d just need the bowl, the pipe, and the couchlog injector, right?

And you’re saying that because the input of the pipe is slightly larger, 18mm, I would need to use a reducer to fit the 14mm glass bowl into the pipe. Do I have that right? And could you clarify again what you mean by a reducer, like o-rings?

Sorry again for all these very basic questions, bless you for your patience!

coolbreeze

Thank you so much for the info, this is so helpful!! I’m sorry, I have more questions. It’s kinda hard to see from the picture on the site how the pipe works and there’s not that much info... I would use it with a bowl, correct?
Yes.
Like the 14mm couchlog glass bowl we were just discussing.
Exactly, but with the 14mm bowl (in this case referring to the male joint that goes into the bong) you would need a glass adapter to mate the 14mm male bowl to the 18mm female pipe.
Where does the mouthpiece come in? You’d just need the bowl, the pipe, and the couchlog injector, right?

And you’re saying that because the input of the pipe is slightly larger, 18mm, I would need to use a reducer to fit the 14mm glass bowl into the pipe. Do I have that right? And could you clarify again what you mean by a reducer, like o-rings?

The Couchlog 18mm Glass Bowl, the 14mm Glass Bowl, the standard MP and the Glass MP. The small adapter there is an 18mm to 14mm ground glass reducer.
IMG-8134.jpg

!8mm bowl fits an 18mm female joint natively; the 14mm bowl needs the reducer to reduce from 18mm to 14mm.
IMG-8135.jpg
IMG-8136.jpg

The Mouthpieces are both cut to 18mm; both fit natively (they both also fit 14mm female joints natively, but the all-wood one doesn't always fit all 14mm joints, hence the glass one). In this case the glass mouthpiece will also fit with the reducer as well:
IMG-8137.jpg
IMG-8138.jpg

Sorry again for all these very basic questions, bless you for your patience!
Hah! My pleasure. It's fun to watch people work it out and then dial in and really begin to enjoy it. : )

Spleeetz

SOS! I cannot remove the herb chamber from the wooden stem… has anyone run into this problem? I’ve just gotten the couchlog and I’m trying to clean it for the first time, the herb chamber is so tightly wedged into the wooden mouthpiece that I can’t get it out. I can barely get a grip on it at all… I’ve tried pushing it from both ends (the screen and cooling pad are both out) but the bowl just will not budge. Please help! I’m hating this mouthpiece/bowl more and more every day….

edit: 30 minutes later and the herb chamber is still thoroughly jammed in the mouthpiece, it definitely does not just slide out as the instructions seem to indicate it should, and I have blisters from trying.

This experience is honestly the last straw in a very frustrating overall experience, and I’m really starting to regret this purchase. I’m also really really confused about why on earth the couchlog is so highly reviewed across the board?? It’s an already incredibly expensive device (almost $800CAD with import fees) which ships with such a tiny herb chamber it is basically only useful as a microdose device. And yes I have experimented with grind, and with packing the chamber very very lightly, and taking small controlled inhales. Those help, but it still strikes me as a pretty weak device.

So to actually use it as a proper vape with any kind of real weed capacity, and because the wooden mouthpiece is useless (and now jammed) I’ll have to buy all these expensive additions - the glass pipe, the extra bowls, the adapter, and maybe a water piece… which will probably set me back another couple hundred dollars. Can someone talk me off a ledge here? What am I missing?? The experience is certainly vastly inferior so far to the TinyMight, and even my stupid pax didn’t give me blisters.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

SOS! I cannot remove the herb chamber from the wooden stem… has anyone run into this problem? I’ve just gotten the couchlog and I’m trying to clean it for the first time, the herb chamber is so tightly wedged into the wooden mouthpiece that I can’t get it out. I can barely get a grip on it at all… I’ve tried pushing it from both ends (the screen and cooling pad are both out) but the bowl just will not budge. Please help! I’m hating this mouthpiece/bowl more and more every day….

edit: 30 minutes later and the herb chamber is still thoroughly jammed in the mouthpiece, it definitely does not just slide out as the instructions seem to indicate it should, and I have blisters from trying.

This experience is honestly the last straw in a very frustrating overall experience, and I’m really starting to regret this purchase. I’m also really really confused about why on earth the couchlog is so highly reviewed across the board?? It’s an already incredibly expensive device (almost $800CAD with import fees) which ships with such a tiny herb chamber it is basically only useful as a microdose device. And yes I have experimented with grind, and with packing the chamber very very lightly, and taking small controlled inhales. Those help, but it still strikes me as a pretty weak device.

So to actually use it as a proper vape with any kind of real weed capacity, and because the wooden mouthpiece is useless (and now jammed) I’ll have to buy all these expensive additions - the glass pipe, the extra bowls, the adapter, and maybe a water piece… which will probably set me back another couple hundred dollars. Can someone talk me off a ledge here? What am I missing?? The experience is certainly vastly inferior so far to the TinyMight, and even my stupid pax didn’t give me blisters.
This has happened before and I can't quite recall how we resolved it (I was a victim myself) but the method is in the thread I think around the time the glass mouthpiece came out.

I think you are struggling to some degree with expectations. The Couch Log is first and foremost a log and all that implies. It's just refined in many significant ways, primarily power, capacity, and draw resistance. The herb chamber learning curve is similar to that of any log, eventually you find a comfort spot with your draw and packing style and temp, etc, and it's wonderful.

Where the CL excels is how well it handles a bowl. It's a great 14mm ball injector. You can pick up a cheap 14mm injector bowl and j-hook from @VGOODIEZ and see the difference immediately. I think a couple days with that and you will feel much better about your purchase as well as your path forward.

Edit:
or https://vgoodiez.com/collections/vg...r-14mm-input-smoked-glass-chamber-by-vgoodiez
and https://vgoodiez.com/collections/vgoodiez/products/vapor-sherlock-by-vgoodiez (check with them to see that it will clear the stem)
or https://vgoodiez.com/products/14mm-j-hook-by-7th-floor?_pos=2&_sid=ca3dd9929&_ss=r

These bowls are a little shallower I think than the CL bowls so they will be a little more sensitive to temps but it should perform much more like that bowl, and give you an idea as well as a reasonable solution in the short term. Or the long-term, if you like them.

Last edited:

MrGreenspoon

I think the solution for the stuck chamber was to apply heat and twist. If I remember correctly it was a problem with the glass lined mouthpiece, because the glass was a bit too short as the mouthpiece was released and I think people had problems with the kingwood mouthpiece because of wood resin.

I found my sweet spot for heavier hits with using the Couchlog Glass Bowl on a water piece or for example with the Herborizer Sherlock. Controller set to 4-5.

If I use the wooden mouthpiece or the glass lined i set the controller to 3-3,5. Don't pack too much, leave a gap and don't tamp too much.
You are right with the stock chamber/wooden mouthpiece/glass lined mouthpiece the couchlog is a microdoser. For microdosing I use a Revolve Gen 2 stem with a Camouflet Convector Tip too, very nice experience (Controller set to a bit over 3).

The Couchlog is a vape that needs a bit commitment especially at the beginning. But you get rewarded with a very versatile vape and a nice relaxing ritual. The versatility of the vape is good and bad at the same time, you have so many options to adjust your experience that it can be difficult to find the right for you. Don't give up!!!

I love my couchlog and don't regret the purchase at all, I would even buy another one if the wood looks nice ;)
But I have to be fair and say for heavy hits I will always choose my B0 or another ball vape bigger than the couchlog.

onesixty2

Just wanna add my +1 to this. Recently received two bowls from JoDa for my CouchLog and they are the only bowls I plan to use with the CL moving forward. I do still need a DFreeze bowl but glass wise.. definitely check out JoDa.

Goatts

I just received my CL XL in Padouk and I couldn’t be happier/higher 😁
Shipping with DHL from Germany to Canada was remarkably fast. I ordered on Sunday night and the package was on my doorstep at 8:07am Thursday morning. Impressive German efficiency. No import duty or tariff was charged, only gst and an $18.50 clearance fee by the courier - for other Canuck VAStronauts who may be interested in getting a CL.
More review to come after a thorough romp with my new redheaded Love. She is indeed a luxurious ride.

Bowls: with my XL I got the stock 18mm glass Injector bowl and the wood microdose bowl. Both work well but I’ve tried a few others I have in the collection. Best one by far is the Arizer Glass Cyclone bowl for the Extreme Q/ V-Tower. I load less in this one than the stock bowl but seem to get as much delicious convected vapour as the bigger bowl. Better air flow with the Arizer bowl and you get a ‘smoke show’ as the vapour passes thru the lower half of the bowl. Also - it’s cheap and available. Try it if you have an XL, you’ll love it.

Last edited:

Suki

just received my CL (OG) in OLIVE/GRENADILL wood :leaf:

delivery with DPD was a bit mediocre but this is on DPD France, it took one week to arrive (I think it is quite long considering the town it was shipped from it just a 3h drive from where I live), initially it was planned for delivery on Saturday, I waited all day long but DPD delivery guy never showed up.

Anyway enough rambling about delivery services :)

The log is gorgeous and the wood is so smooth, olive wood smells like olive :^) and grenadill has a very sweet scent to it.
I had to plug the controller the opposite way from what it was shown on the manuals illustration, but since you can only plug the power source on one end you can't plug it wrong anyway.

I really love how you can put super small amounts of weed and still get very milky hits without much airflow restriction

I've been using the glass stem as WPA with the GRAV upline upright bubbler (DHgate """clone"""), I love this combo.

metal herb chambers are great

I'll give a more detailed review after a few weeks of use

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom