ChooChooCharlie

New arrival this evening, sir Padauk
He almost matches the red wall
Cheeky grain caressing right hip of Venus
Couch-Log-Padauk-on-bubbler.jpg

Had to take pic before Vito gets it
Thanks giving to @Beefcake@420Eng for good communication along the way, from wood choice to payment details and shipping

sparrowman

Do you have to use the stem for this? Could you use something like the elev8r bowl directly instead?

sparrowman,
Reactions: Vitolo

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
But why?! That just makes it really tempting!
To tinker around with it.
I love to combine and switch around parts.
The downside of those glasbowls are, that the diameter normally gets smaller, which leads to hotspots and therefore more stirring is needed. The standard bowl also fits an 14mm adapter if u want to get rid of the wood (thx @Saerdna for finding out)

Took her for a spin tonight! Happy to report the performance is up there with the craftsmanship! It rips and the flavor is nice! I pretty much kept it at 6 and killed the loads in 1-2 rips which is what I'm looking for in a log. Roughly .3g and no stirring. No scorch or combustion at 6 but I'm told there is risk around 8.

It's been a little while since I reached for a log so it was nice getting back into wood groove. The wood dimmer dial is a real nice touch and the unit feels solid and minimalist. I didn't have the surfaces to take advantage of the magnets but it's cool they are there.

Barely gets warm after an extended session which was surprising to me. I like the way the bowl is recessed down into the stem and there is a proper shelf for the stem to somewhat lock into. It's not balance some big heavy glass sturdy but it is more stable than most of the logs I've dealt with. I like the added mass and openness with the larger diameter heater shaft. It allows you to rip without that sucking a milkshake through a straw feeling and you don't need to worry about overpowering the heater.

All and all it's a real nice unit that I'd be proud to offer in the shop. Not sure it will be in the cards for us anytime soon but I'm definitely interested.

thanks for the feedback! Can’t wait to hear more as others start receiving units.

How are the dry hits? Is the stem effective at cooling?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have been following all along, but maybe have just forgotten --
I see that it's a one-hit device. After a hit, how long is it before the Couch Log is ready to hit again? I'm curious about sharing with partner.

Is there such thing as over-heating with this device? Not as-in overcooking material - I mean to say, causing heat bulid up (from multiple hits in succession) in stem or other parts of the device making it hot to hold, unpleasant to use, etc?
thx, folks.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
After a hit, how long is it before the Couch Log is ready to hit again?
Depends on how much heat you draw from the heater. I would wait at least 5mins.

Is there such thing as over-heating with this device? Not as-in overcooking material - I mean to say, causing heat bulid up (from multiple hits in succession) in stem or other parts of the device making it hot to hold, unpleasant to use, etc?
The log wont get too hot. The cooling pad can only absorb a specific amount of heat. But the herb is basically done, when u reach that point. To get more cooling, you can also add 2 pads or add glasbeads.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It is so refreshing to have access to the maker of the device, thank you for handling the whole roll-out of your brain child in this manner.
The device is gorgeous and elegant in design, Bravo! I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing some more great feedback here soon.

The 'minimum 5 minutes' between hits will be a tough hill for me to climb, since so much of my couch time is spent with my sweetie. We still like to pass the device like a joint, old habits die hard...

But I can come over here and live vicariously through some intrepid FC friends. What's not to like about that?

sparrowman

Would love to see if this can be used in more of a 'passing the joint' kind of mode. Also wondering what the draw resistance is like

sparrowman,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
sir Padauk
Couch-Log-Padauk-on-bubbler.jpg

Had to take pic before Vito gets it
Thanks giving to @Beefcake@420Eng for good communication along the way, from wood choice to payment details and shipping
Paddy is here, and this is an impressive tool, with variations from what I've seen.
I've images of him, and video footage. Computer is slower than what I am accustomed to, so it's dragging it's ass on getting the vids I uploaded fully ready. It should be today.
@ChooChooCharlie ... great choice... the one I would have made myself. Padauk is sweet!
Things are all mounted with O-rings, and there's no glue to be considered.
SS fittings, straight into wood.
Wide bore of the Wooden stem makes for good easy pure convection draws!
The herb bowl is deep and accepts a generous load compared to some logs.
It can microdose easily, but I prefer heavier loads.
The video will accompany a post with other thoughts on CouchLog.
Nice work @Beefcake@420Eng
I've used no glass beads although I have some.. in fact I have not used the cooling pad.
"Some like it hot"
I have been pretty darned medicated since Paddy's arrival!
More later.

Razhumikin

Paddy is here, and this is an impressive tool, with variations from what I've seen.
I've images of him, and video footage. Computer is slower than what I am accustomed to, so it's dragging it's ass on getting the vids I uploaded fully ready. It should be today.
@ChooChooCharlie ... great choice... the one I would have made myself. Padauk is sweet!
Things are all mounted with O-rings, and there's no glue to be considered.
SS fittings, straight into wood.
Wide bore of the Wooden stem makes for good easy pure convection draws!
The herb bowl is deep and accepts a generous load compared to some logs.
It can microdose easily, but I prefer heavier loads.
The video will accompany a post with other thoughts on CouchLog.
Nice work @Beefcake@420Eng
I've used no glass beads although I have some.. in fact I have not used the cooling pad.
"Some like it hot"
I have been pretty darned medicated since Paddy's arrival!
More later.
Very much looking forward to your photos and videos! Have you tested its cordless functionality yet? If so, how do you like it?

Vitolo

Vaporist
its cordless functionality yet
I did.
Not really my style to move around while I vape, but it did retain heat for a while.
I take extremely long draws, which encourages heat dissipation. I got one good hit cordless, and the second cordless try worked and produced vapor. I was still standing in the same spot to try it without the cord... no place to really go, and not my style to move about while vaping unless in the car.
It was a test to witness the heat retention. Yes.. it can be unplugged and functions in a portable way. I do not know how long the heat might be retained like this, but I got a couple heavy hits unplugged, and I do not mind hot vapor. (I mentioned I did not try the quartz balls or the cooling pad).
I would say that the average Vaporizer user could get a few really good hits unplugged!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've been asked how I like it...
... and if it really does not tip over.
I am liking it a whole lot!
If you have a metal surface (I vape near my stove, as that is where my outlet is) it will not tip over.
The unit and the Power adjuster/adapter both have strong magnets at the base.
It does come with two round metalic patches that you can stick to other surfaces, and it will stick magnetically.
Slow computer has started acting very slow when video is concerned, but I'm working on one right now.
Meanwhile thoughts:
It's good looking
DSC07049.jpg

The top above the split.... the heat shield/sleeve, comes off when wanted.
DSC07049-copy.jpg

No glue... just friction fit and o-ring secured. The Heater is one solid machined piece.
with ceramic beads inside to retain heat.
They are between those vent holes and the fixed top screen.
Photo-on-12-5-21-at-6-07-PM.jpg

If you open this image and look very closely, you might be able to make out the beads behind the screen.
Photo-on-12-5-21-at-6-08-PM.jpg

I do run into issues once in a while placing Log Vapes with patients.
There was a time I placed a couple hundred Logs into the community.
I will in time find a way that this CouchLog will benefit the local community.

dutz3013

I've been asked how I like it...
... and if it really does not tip over.
I am liking it a whole lot!
If you have a metal surface (I vape near my stove, as that is where my outlet is) it will not tip over.
The unit and the Power adjuster/adapter both have strong magnets at the base.
It does come with two round metalic patches that you can stick to other surfaces, and it will stick magnetically.
Slow computer has started acting very slow when video is concerned, but I'm working on one right now.
Meanwhile thoughts:
It's good looking
DSC07049.jpg

The top above the split.... the heat shield/sleeve, comes off when wanted.
DSC07049-copy.jpg

No glue... just friction fit and o-ring secured. The Heater is one solid machined piece.
with ceramic beads inside to retain heat.
They are between those vent holes and the fixed top screen.
Photo-on-12-5-21-at-6-07-PM.jpg

If you open this image and look very closely, you might be able to make out the beads behind the screen.
Photo-on-12-5-21-at-6-08-PM.jpg

I do run into issues once in a while placing Log Vapes with patients.
There was a time I placed a couple hundred Logs into the community.
I will in time find a way that this CouchLog will benefit the local community.
If it has the Vito stamp of approval, I'm in.

Top Bottom