Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thanks! Any tips for the stems? And about how long do they taste woody? Mine is super woody tasting lol
Mine was neutral from the beginning but I know other folks who had a lot of wood flavor. It might just be a factor of the wood. I'm typically pretty sensitive to wood flavor but I get nothing from my kingwood or blackwood stems. I do tend to keep my temperature lower for the direct draw stems though.

TeaCup

Would someone know if I can use the power supply on the right? Chris thinks my troubles could be with a faulty power supply. Thanks. Even for just one sesh, I'm dying to know what the hecks going on with mine.

IMG-E2206.jpg
IMG-E2207.jpg

KanehBosem

Cannabis is Kaneh Bosem.
Would someone know if I can use the power supply on the right? Chris thinks my troubles could be with a faulty power supply. Thanks. Even for just one sesh, I'm dying to know what the hecks going on with mine.

IMG-E2206.jpg
IMG-E2207.jpg
Not recommended the right power supply is stronger 1.6A 12V 4A = 48W the original on the right is 1.5A 6V 4A =24W

goldenbrown

IMG-E2206.jpg
IMG-E2207.jpg
You can't because the CL works with 6V and this one is 12V. You need 6V and 2A (or more than 2A, but 6V is mandatory). It's ok to have a PSU with more power than the power needed by the load. The CL only needs 12W to work, so it's ok a PSU rated at 6V, and let's say as example, 10A, so 60W

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Hey y'all I thought I would make a quick write-up pertaining to my recent failure in one of my units. The vape in question is one of the early models in oak.

Symptoms: Vape would intermittently come to vapor production temps and then randomly dip down drastically in temp. I also noticed that when this happened the female power port would increase in heat to where you could not leave your finger on it for more than a few seconds. Sometimes it would run fine no, while other times it would run into the issues that I listed above. I could plug it in and it could go hours, or symptoms would start right away.

Return: The return process was complete bullshit no fault to Chris, shipping companies were trying to charge me 200 dollars to ship it to Germany. I was in clear communication with Chris the entire time and instead of having to go through the arduous process of dealing with shipping with such outrageous rates we decided to have me attempt to fix it. We troubleshot until we came to the conclusion the it was a female port failure. The part was under $10 on Amazon (DIYhz 5.5 x 2.5mm DC Power Jack Socket Threaded Female Mount Connector Adapter with Dustproof Plug 10Pcs https://a.co/d/inQYRhx).

Repair: Below are some pictures of the unit's internals below the heater. It is accessed through removing the felt, unscrewing a screw that holds the magnet, removing two screws halfway and using those screws to remove a delrin cap by slightly pinching together and lifting. What you see are the pictures after performing the previous steps. To remove the Female port you must snip the wires, remove the glue, and unscrew the port. I have 0 experience with electronic repair so I procured my father's assistance. With a few minor tool marks to screw back in the port, she is good as new! I can tell after the repairs that the port holds the male cord so much snugger with no intermittent power loss or heating of the port.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey y'all I thought I would make a quick write-up pertaining to my recent failure in one of my units. The vape in question is one of the early models in oak.

Symptoms: Vape would intermittently come to vapor production temps and then randomly dip down drastically in temp. I also noticed that when this happened the female power port would increase in heat to where you could not leave your finger on it for more than a few seconds. Sometimes it would run fine no, while other times it would run into the issues that I listed above. I could plug it in and it could go hours, or symptoms would start right away.

Return: The return process was complete bullshit no fault to Chris, shipping companies were trying to charge me 200 dollars to ship it to Germany. I was in clear communication with Chris the entire time and instead of having to go through the arduous process of dealing with shipping with such outrageous rates we decided to have me attempt to fix it. We troubleshot until we came to the conclusion the it was a female port failure. The part was under $10 on Amazon (DIYhz 5.5 x 2.5mm DC Power Jack Socket Threaded Female Mount Connector Adapter with Dustproof Plug 10Pcs https://a.co/d/inQYRhx).

Repair: Below are some pictures of the unit's internals below the heater. It is accessed through removing the felt, unscrewing a screw that holds the magnet, removing two screws halfway and using those screws to remove a delrin cap by slightly pinching together and lifting. What you see are the pictures after performing the previous steps. To remove the Female port you must snip the wires, remove the glue, and unscrew the port. I have 0 experience with electronic repair so I procured my father's assistance. With a few minor tool marks to screw back in the port, she is good as new! I can tell after the repairs that the port holds the male cord so much snugger with no intermittent power loss or heating of the port.
I felt like marking 😥 on your post at first, but with the photos and the fix I had to go with 😍. Amazing work!

It sounds like it was a short in the power port itself? Wow!

Thanks for sharing. This is going to help someone a lot some day, I bet.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
It sounds like it was a short in the power port itself? Wow!
This would be my guess from the symptoms. We originally thought it was the power supply but after some testing it had to be the female port. There were no topographical differences that I could tell between the failed and new female port. The only difference was the cord fit more snug and the symptoms ceased.

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Pghdrummer93 Couchlog experience is similar to what I’m going through on day one. Hearing all the happy talk about this log is what got me to grab the Kingwood. Cosmetics are stunning.
Started on the 6th-mark using included stem assy.: (.15g poof🔥), 5th-mark (.12g poof🔥), 4th (.12g🔥), 3.5-mark blackened center nearly poof but stopped in time, before 🔥. Wasted a bit without getting wasted.

This does seem a bit difficult dialing this one in. Does anyone have experience using one of Reds diy Buckboard controller assemblies for the Couchlog?

Also would like to post a stunning Kingwood pic here but unable (disabled?). The Couchlog balls just ain’t bouncing yet!

Sent from my iPad

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Started on the 6th-mark using included stem assy.: (.15g poof🔥), 5th-mark (.12g poof🔥), 4th (.12g🔥), 3.5-mark blackened center nearly poof but stopped in time, before 🔥. Wasted a bit without getting wasted.
I have not had this problem but I think it might be, in part, due to a very fast draw? Try going slow and inhaling directly into your lungs. And it sounds like 3.5 is a good place to test in your CL.

I might be way off because my CL was very natural for my style. I only have 1 CL but folks with multiple report they can vary in heat and technique a bit.

This does seem a bit difficult dialing this one in. Does anyone have experience using one of Reds diy Buckboard controller assemblies for the Couchlog?
I haven't found it much better but my friend @4everpushingaboulder uses his CL with the ATM most of the time. He doesn't really use FC anymore but I am sure you could DM him on Instagram for details.

Also would like to post a stunning Kingwood pic here but unable (disabled?). The Couchlog balls just ain’t bouncing yet!
You can post photos here, but you need to use an external site to host them. I like postimg.cc but there are many good ones. Upload there, copy the link and paste it into the "add image" dialog above. Or you can just post the BBCode from that site.

Ionlyknowvape

Re:Grass Yes

Had believed a fast draw would cool the heater with an ambient air flow alike the big boy ballers. It was a mind set. Will slow it down as recommended.

Good to hear about the ATM and plan to give it a try today.

I’ll give Imgur a look after I get this up and running properly.

Thank you for the input.

Sent from my iPad

Ionlyknowvape

Turned it down to 3.5. Slowed up the draw considerably. Tasted success! For me it seems to operate similar to dry-hitting the Neo, that is using a taste variance controlling the draw. My Kingwood CouchLog can definitely put out the good hit.
Admit that was the longest learning curve since my first DV. Appreciate the advice and hope the CouchLoggers end up helping Pghdrummer93 before he dumps his.

KanehBosem

Cannabis is Kaneh Bosem.
Testing custom WPA I ordered years ago Bolivian Rosewood Stepped Female to Male 14/18mm WPA for Grasshopperlooking
from KGWoodCrafts.
Did some extended heating on the top to take out any rosin from the wood.
First impression much more potent and intense then the other bowls but still testing.
IMG-2068.jpg
IMG-2072.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Do they mate together well? Or a loose fit
The tip is slightly larger in OD than a DV tip so it doesn't mate as perfectly but without the serrations it makes a better seal when you do have it properly aligned. I may have to take apart the DV/CL combo tip to see if the new one will fit in the CL tip and make an easier mating/seal.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: jasp3r

jasp3r

The tip is slightly larger in OD than a DV tip so it doesn't mate as perfectly but without the serrations it makes a better seal when you do have it properly aligned. I may have to take apart the DV/CL combo tip to see if the new one will fit in the CL tip and make an easier mating/seal.
Are you using it without the metal herb chamber?

coolbreeze

Are you using it without the metal herb chamber?
Yes, I tried briefly to switch it from the DV tip to Ed's, but it's on the DV tip pretty good and I'm not sure how badly I want to remove it. If I was sure it would fit around it, I'd go for it. As it is, it's usable but it does require some fiddling, similar to using a DV tip without the chamber installed.

DaVapeGuy

Is the site down for anyone else?

Weedaholic

It's down for me too...Can't connect to the site...maybe it's down for maintenance at the moment....You might be better off sending chris a message on here.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Yep. The DNS lookup fails to resolve for me.

Top Bottom