TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
wood bowls and stems are great.

Until you have a "combustion event".

I ruined the finish of my CL wood stem when I was getting the combustion stink out.
Ah man, that sucks. I've never tried the wood bowl at a temp over 4.5 on the dial as I never want to risk that.
BTW, @TigoleBitties did you ever make your Couch log "portable" via powerbanks?
I did! The powerbank I'm using is a little bulky but it works and I like the extra battery. Turns out that for me, it runs well with a 5V USB-A cable rated for 2A and I keep the dial at 10 on the temp controller. For me this is comparable to a temp on the dial with the wall plug of around 4ish. With a 20000mah powerbank I could run the CL for probably over 2 hours.

sickmanfraud

The powerbank I'm using is a little bulky but it works and I like the extra battery. Turns out that for me, it runs well with a 5V USB-A cable rated for 2A and I keep the dial at 10 on the temp controller. For me this is comparable to a temp on the dial with the wall plug of around 4ish. With a 20000mah powerbank I could run the CL for probably over 2 hours.

Is it safe to use cables to limit the voltage to "turn down the heat"?

Thanks to a suggestion by Chris I got one of these https://edstnt.com/products/woodscents-traveling-light-controller

It works. I am waiting for an extension for the cables. You don't use the temperature controller, The temp is controlled by the dimmer switch.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Is it safe to use cables to limit the voltage to "turn down the heat"?

Thanks to a suggestion by Chris I got one of these https://edstnt.com/products/woodscents-traveling-light-controller

It works. I am waiting for an extension for the cables. You don't use the temperature controller, The temp is controlled by the dimmer switch.
Yeah, I got one of those too and it also works. Since I discovered I can get the CL hot enough with 5V USB-A and its original temp controller, I decided not to use the USB-C Ed's cable solution since I only needed that full range if I'm doing concentrates using a battery which doesn't really happen much at all.

It's not so much the USB-A cable that's "turning down the heat", it's more that the USB-A specification doesn't go past 5V, 2A or maybe 3A on some units = 10W-15W which is a very safe range for CL.

sickmanfraud

I bought a used Couch Log a few months ago and a new Couch Log XL recently.

Did anyone else try their XL and Original CL on the same temperature controller?

My original temperature controller is dead.

I decided I wanted to use my original Couch Log with my new Padouk temperature controller and I was surprised that the XL uses a lower number on the dial than my Grenadill Couch log.

@Chris@420Eng told me that the XL uses more power than an original Couch Log so I am a bit confused.

Razhumikin

I bought a used Couch Log a few months ago and a new Couch Log XL recently.

Did anyone else try their XL and Original CL on the same temperature controller?

My original temperature controller is dead.

I decided I wanted to use my original Couch Log with my new Padouk temperature controller and I was surprised that the XL uses a lower number on the dial than my Grenadill Couch log.

@Chris@420Eng told me that the XL uses more power than an original Couch Log so I am a bit confused.
I use the same temp controller for each of them, my xl uses a slightly higher number than my grenadill cl but a lot less than my og oak couchlog.

RedZep

I imagine the 18mm version would be more uncomfortable on a J-hook, due to the extra heat calories.

RedZep,

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
How so Grasshopper?
Way clearer flavor than my Anvil on the same glass, somehow hits even harder, though for sure using more flower. For clarity's sake I never ride the line, and tend to shoot for a lighter roast. I will say the vapor is crazy smooth and the wide open airflow is perfect for my recycler. Currently running on the recommended setting of 3, without good cause I don't plan to change it as it's so easy to use right now. Also just using the wooden bowl right now, it's massive to me.

Pcloudy

Here is a quick write up with pictures on replacing the temp controller board.
Step 1: Wiggle top off very carefully
Step 2: Remove oring and the two screws with a t10 bit and pay attention to the orientation of the dimmer in regards to the dash
Step 3: Push the dimmer control through the plastic to expose the solder points
Step 4: Put new board and dimmer control in place and solder it back (easier said than done for someone like me with little experience and no flux)
https://imgur.com/3kdPNAi
Step 5: Re-assemble in reverse order while making sure your marks line up properly (I also tested with a meter and the couch log before putting it all back together)
Step 6: Go back to enjoying your couch log.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Way clearer flavor than my Anvil on the same glass, somehow hits even harder, though for sure using more flower. For clarity's sake I never ride the line, and tend to shoot for a lighter roast. I will say the vapor is crazy smooth and the wide open airflow is perfect for my recycler. Currently running on the recommended setting of 3, without good cause I don't plan to change it as it's so easy to use right now. Also just using the wooden bowl right now, it's massive to me.
Did you go for the XL first, or do you have the OG CouchLog as well?

CanikUser19,
Top Bottom