Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Texus

I received today, Sunday!, a Grav Upline Upright Bubbler copy from DHGate. I like it very much but it also needs to draw aggressively. It took in total 3 weeks to EU. This is the original, but it is highly recognizable.
upright1_x200.jpg
Still one of my favorite pieces. I'm not a huge fan of restrictive draws generally but this hits my sweet spot. Think this still gives me milkier, denser hits than anything else I own. (Other favorite is recently arrived Rick Bird Barry scalloped Milkball but that's a pricepoint ($250) outside the parameters of this thread).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes more restriction in a piece typically means better "milking" although typically another piece is not hurting the density of vapor, you are just inhaling more of it instead of showing it off in the piece...

What's your favourite recycler then?

I think I said, that I like the single uptake klein style, where it is separate piece, I have posted so many here, I mentioned in another thread just now that my favorite for herbs is not even available anywhere anymore...

redrum891

Yes more restriction in a piece typically means better "milking" although typically another piece is not hurting the density of vapor, you are just inhaling more of it instead of showing it off in the piece...

I think I said, that I like the single uptake klein style, where it is separate piece, I have posted so many here, I mentioned in another thread just now that my favorite for herbs is not even available anywhere anymore...
anyone can/should check your post to find tons of information / glass pieces .

always great replies from snacks

Shit Snacks

Free international shipping with CaliBear and o only had to pay 7€ for customs (6€ of that was administrative fee). With the 30% discount code it is quite a good price. Shipping from TAG is high, I added the TAG klein incycler I posted above to a pre-order I have with them to combine shipping cost. It might also be worth it to inform with sellers if they can lower the amount declared to customs, so your extra costs won't be as high.

@condition heres a function video of that piece:

Yeah that piece is effective, interestingly, the photos for it, list photos of yellow and green accented versions, that have different downstem, they seem to be identical to the ones that were available on DHgate less than a couple years ago from this seller... Furthermore they have this available:
Which seems to be the exact big baked potato bong I got from DGCglass here previously... That tells me that CB source their glass from different places instead of always the old CCG shop probably?

I also didn't notice this one before, funky straight fab, taller overall, with three smaller fab sections, separated by four pillar columns, more of a recycler now I suppose:

Contemplating if I want to get a spare regular straight fab in another color perhaps, they call it V2 so I'm not sure what exactly is different if it is the same as mine... Seems like the body shape is slightly different and the mouthpiece shape? Meh more expensive for the nice colors anyway (boo smoke lol)

This seems like a good value though:

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

interestingly, the photos for it, list photos of yellow and green accented versions, that have different downstem
Yeah I noticed that as well.
This seems like a good value though:
I have that without the sandblasting. Was 80 before discount I believe. Very happy with my purchase.

redrum891

I thought yours was a little smaller though? Maybe not, they're not too big these 14s

** edit, i actually read it the title that is triple straight and the other is 1 straight, but perc gaps are different than dhgate one i got **

the one I ordered from dhgate has the fab very close to the perc, i know i talk about troy a lot, he has two, one that is like mine then a 2nd that has a big gap between the perc..

the new one has them in 3 different fab eggs? the connecting part seems to make the air pathway go through smaller pathways to each fab layer? sorry idk if im even making sense ; ;

is there a reason for that gap and pro's / cons of it? should water levels be super low on the low gap perc or both should it touch the fab egg inside?
01-7_7881f7af-2a17-4528-9dea-246c65013a0d_1024x1024@2x.jpg

rBVaE2JP00GAIkDaAAKVC2JrVfY374.jpg

stil waiting for my mouthpiece from dhgate, i saw another site with a real nice mouthpiece I should have gotten instead for my TFP klein recycler with FOL perc, it works well. i'll see how it does when my piece comes in.

Last edited:

condition

I think we miss a very basic thread in this sub-forum, one that will explain differences between bubbler with or without percolator, including for example, inline perc vs recycler etc.
Most vendors list them, have very limited, basic info, that doesn't help to choose your next step

redrum891

I think we miss a very basic thread in this sub-forum, one that will explain differences between bubbler with or without percolator, including for example, inline perc vs recycler etc.
Most vendors list them, have very limited, basic info, that doesn't help to choose your next step
I think maybe there should be an expert who has a lot of vapes that could give a top 3 list of glass for most popular vapes and reasoning why.

I have learned a very little bit, like my volcano with air pump on through a small bubbler will push out air that is not hot at all. I see why some people just use glass stems for lower temp vapes, then diffusion types and how it effects flavor. I'm not sure how "X" device at 660F with a j-hook would be, but I assume a bubbler would be better for that, i've seen low temp j-hook hits but lower temps for flavor.

idk, i know high thc herb will be able to make a mighty / tinymight will pump out nice clouds while someone who lives in a non medical state with no access to good herb, probably 13%~ thc that requires me to use more. Sucks :( ... imagine vaping too much and getting a headache. Still tempted to switch back to smoking for now but my father has been through a lot and I don't want him smoking, so I vape too.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think maybe there should be an expert who has a lot of vapes that could give a top 3 list of glass for most popular vapes and reasoning why.

The “issue”, with this thread or all the others that reference water rigs, is in the end only each individual can determine what works best for them. @Shit Snacks has gone above and beyond in his help and reviews and pictures, but in the end you have to buy and try. What works best for him, or anyone else may not be the best choice for you.

I have found what works best for me and the devices I use, and bought a fair amount of both inexpensive and a few more expensive glass rigs, that fine tuned what my requirements are. I will eventually sell my unused rigs, as they might be exactly what someone else needs or wants to try. Buying vape devices is much easier in my opinion, but glass rigs are tricky.

I’ll leave you with this… buying water rigs is similar to buying a nice fitting pair of shoes/sneakers, trying them on is key, unfortunately for most, there is no way to try water rigs. You can only learn so much from others experiences with water rigs, before you actually get to use them…. :(

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
As I’ve said in other places (and I’m sure many before me, by no means an original idea), glass truly is an instrument, and each combination of device, attachments, draw speed, perc style, can volume, and on and on and on, tunes the experience slightly. As the vast majority of tuning your combinations is unique to your own ritual/style/goal, there is no way any one person could provide any true insight.

That’s why I always get encouraged when an abundance of posters chime in, GAS should be considered a longer form engagement than VAS IMO. Take it slow, buy some cheap pieces here first to experiment and learn what works for you, then and only then start engaging your GAS!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
As I’ve said in other places (and I’m sure many before me, by no means an original idea), glass truly is an instrument, and each combination of device, attachments, draw speed, perc style, can volume, and on and on and on, tunes the experience slightly. As the vast majority of tuning your combinations is unique to your own ritual/style/goal, there is no way any one person could provide any true insight.

That’s why I always get encouraged when an abundance of posters chime in, GAS should be considered a longer form engagement than VAS IMO. Take it slow, buy some cheap pieces here first to experiment and learn what works for you, then and only then start engaging your GAS!

WELL SAID!

Shit Snacks

** edit, i actually read it the title that is triple straight and the other is 1 straight, but perc gaps are different than dhgate one i got **

Yes, they are all different!

the one I ordered from dhgate has the fab very close to the perc, i know i talk about troy a lot, he has two, one that is like mine then a 2nd that has a big gap between the perc..

Again, that one you just got, GiliGlass, is not the one Troy has, fairly certain he has two FOLs... GG version is much newer and his are older... And the gap between the perc is totally random pretty literally piece to piece from same maker

the new one has them in 3 different fab eggs? the connecting part seems to make the air pathway go through smaller pathways to each fab layer? sorry idk if im even making sense ; ;

Yes, that is what I described, three smaller straight fabs, separated by the four pillar columns, making it a pillar column recycler as well...

is there a reason for that gap and pro's / cons of it? should water levels be super low on the low gap perc or both should it touch the fab egg inside?

That one probably would be better with more water, and has more draw restriction, but it is similar, because the egg itself is like sideways pillar columns, and there is no should, depends what you want... More water means more recycling and water going through the egg or pillars, less means just that less, more like a bubbler with an obstructed dry path, you get that fully if you use it dry without any water as well... So depending on the location of the egg and perc your options for how much water and the type of function I described above change.

Yes, these pieces are different, from different makers, and they have a variety of differences, pros and cons or trade-offs, which is why I justified grabbing the GG since it is about half the price or less of the CB although I prefer the CB ultimately...

stil waiting for my mouthpiece from dhgate, i saw another site with a real nice mouthpiece I should have gotten instead for my TFP klein recycler with FOL perc, it works well. i'll see how it does when my piece comes in.

I have that mouthpiece, RBT cut it down for me to fit his vapes way back when and made me some custom rimmed basket screens, I never use it anymore though, the mouthpiece is a little weird but it's comfortable enough, decent bent shape, was a good price too... Like I said before, there are a lot of options for these mouthpieces now especially from a variety of places

Well old threads get buried without activity, there are a lot of questions about stuff like this in the glass section and ask FC section... And yes I have explained different perc styles and orientations compared to recyclers several times in several places lol the nature of FC?

I'm not sure what you mean by a bubbler without a perc though, the perc is doing the bubbling, if there are no holes or slits or whatever for diffusion, then it is just open natural perc is all (meaning full chug especially if it is a recycler but minimal diffusion) there are a lot of different styles and shapes, between bubblers bongs recyclers so yeah it's pretty impossible to be comprehensive honestly, while different manufacturers and sellers refer to them differently so pretty impossible to actually track?

I have learned a very little bit, like my volcano with air pump on through a small bubbler will push out air that is not hot at all. I see why some people just use glass stems for lower temp vapes, then diffusion types and how it effects flavor. I'm not sure how "X" device at 660F with a j-hook would be, but I assume a bubbler would be better for that, i've seen low temp j-hook hits but lower temps for flavor.

idk, i know high thc herb will be able to make a mighty / tinymight will pump out nice clouds while someone who lives in a non medical state with no access to good herb, probably 13%~ thc that requires me to use more. Sucks :( ... imagine vaping too much and getting a headache. Still tempted to switch back to smoking for now but my father has been through a lot and I don't want him smoking, so I vape too.

As Rusty and Timps already said so well, this is simply impossible, it is entirely subjective and there are entirely too many variables...

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
The honeycomb doesn't get optimal function without an inline, because the vapor will only pass part of the perc. I imagine the triple honeycomb correct a bit of that, but I'd prefer a inline to (single) honeycomb myself
I have a TAG double honeycomb and think what I really want is an inline to honeycomb like you are describing....veeery tough to find ime. Post up if you find one or find a maker willing to make a couple for not huge money.

condition

@Shit Snacks i understand, so i am after a recycler bong with open downstem and filter only with the water. Not incycler/bubbler and from dhgate preferably

condition,

Shit Snacks

any thoughts on this ? £40 from vapefiend
honey-tower.jpg

Yeah as was said I do not care for natural perk to honeycomb for vaping, and I think stacking honeycomb discs is pretty pointless for vaping as well, this is a nice big piece, nice it has a bent neck, decent price... There's another thread where someone was asking for a multi-honeycomb bent neck piece, so there were several shared there, on DHgate and eBay and elsewhere, that you might like alternatively if you do want to grab a piece like this despite our opinions?

I have a TAG double honeycomb and think what I really want is an inline to honeycomb like you are describing....veeery tough to find ime. Post up if you find one or find a maker willing to make a couple for not huge money.

Yeah they are hard to find but several were found and shared here recently, like the one above, and more of it from other sellers, also some other versions like straight neck pieces on DHgate we've shared here before if you search, one had swiss holes too

@Shit Snacks i understand, so i am after a recycler bong with open downstem and filter only with the water. Not incycler/bubbler and from dhgate preferably

When you say bong, do you mean a tall tube recycler? Like from Biao? Because all of those have gridded inline percs, never seen any with open down stem though you could ask for a custom... Or did you just mean you want a natural perc open down stems regular recycler rig?... You said not bubbler, so yeah if you want to recycler bong like that I think custom is your only option...

condition

When you say bong, do you mean a tall tube recycler? Like from Biao? Because all of those have gridded inline percs, never seen any with open down stem though you could ask for a custom... Or did you just mean you want a natural perc open down stems regular recycler rig?... You said not bubbler, so yeah if you want to recycler bong like that I think custom is your only option...
I understand. I do not wish a custom made option, I prefer a small recycler with low (lowest) restriction, from DHGate in order to avoid customs clearance, handling fees and to pay less in purchase price.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I understand. I do not wish a custom made option, I prefer a small recycler with low (lowest) restriction, from DHGate in order to avoid customs clearance, handling fees and to pay less in purchase price.
I think that natural perc which you are after, in spite of being physically open, will give a more restricted experience. Some diffusion will make it a smoother route for the vapor traversing that recycling path.

redrum891

? this, also says 18mm too lol

if it recycles good and 18mm, i might grab one. lmk if this is what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom