Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I cleaned my water pieces today and started using distilled water :) hope it'll help keep my glass even cleaner. Noticed that both my new CB pieces with the FOL perc take less time to stain and get the chalky build up, so that pushed me over the edge to convert.

Nobody's mentioned the rattle can in a while.. that was quite tasty with minimal bends and minimal water filtering but maybe not enough cooling for anything bigger than a Dynavap.

Maybe this:

PG5212.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I mean , we've all seen the oil stick and accumulate in corners nearest the bowl (or quartz banger elbows) very quickly. That's basically what I don't want.

Yeah and I do want that haha why I'm always using drop down adapters to catch everything and keep the water cleaner... Offers extra cooling and better ergonomics for me too

Maybe this:

As far as I know they are still updating that so it functions properly

Also just discovered this one, which seems to be a cheaper yet still functional version with green accents:

There are a lot of resellers of used glass on eBay too, like this Biao classic style:

A little pricey, but for all you get, shipping within the US, these colors, actually very fair price! I paid $50 shipped for mine in CFL purple without any banger or bubble cap through Reddit though it was brand new (remember eBay has a lot of fees for the sellers)

This is a classic effective style of klein recycler (where the funnel is separate, although not floating as it is still attached) with single uptake and drain (neither are incycler parts, like the one CB linked above has incycler drain for example) plus simple four hole side shower head perc... A little small so ideal for dabbing, though fine for herbs too (and other sellers from DHgate do make larger versions actually as well)

This is the one I tend to prefer though it is functionally the same, it only has three holes in the perc and you see the klein funnel is even more separate, although not floating on top style so the piece is not as narrow and tall, a bit more balanced:
They have other listings with it available in clear as well as other colors with opals more expensive...

Don't forget this decent looking one from eBay as well:

But you might want to forget this crazy one:
Haha curious? Nice colors at least

They also have this pillar incycler:

And these straight fabs... Eh:

Finally whoever it was that was looking for a different style inline to honeycomb:
Pretty wacky one! Some zong lol weird with the honeycomb in that part... so far from the inline perc, might defeat the purpose?

Last edited:

redrum891

I understand. I do not wish a custom made option, I prefer a small recycler with low (lowest) restriction, from DHGate in order to avoid customs clearance, handling fees and to pay less in purchase price.

function video too

redrum891,
Reactions: condition

Ariwe

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Is it the same quality of the ironing water? Dead cheap compared to drinkable bottle water.
Not exactly, but the ironing water will work just as well. Distilled water comes from boiling water and then condensing the steam, which is expensive. Ironing water is de-ionised water and is made with a less natural , more industrial way.

DaVapeGuy

Guys thanks but where I live there is distilled water for ironing and for car's battery. If it is acceptable ok, otherwise I will try to order some litters for oxygen machine from Germany.
Distilled is prob best but lots of people use tap or filtered tap with no issues.

Personally I'm too lazy/cheap to buy distilled just for bong hits :)

condition

Distilled is prob best but lots of people use tap or filtered tap with no issues.

Personally I'm too lazy/cheap to buy distilled just for bong hits :)
The other solution is to use my water filter which is 0.1 micron microfiltration. Is this acceptable? At least it will filter all impurities.

condition,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The other solution is to use my water filter which is 0.1 micron microfiltration. Is this acceptable? At least it will filter all impurities.
If the problem here is lime scale (white deposits on the glass) then unfortunately dissolved solids like calcium carbonates and other salts are not particles and can only be removed (as fas as I know) with a Reverse Osmosis filter or distillation or big cation exchange resin filters or bigger machines. Filters that plug into the kitchen tap will NOT work.- they only remove particles and chlorine.

It is really simpler to just rinse out your bubbler every day, and if it still gets white scaling on the glass that bothers you , use a bottle of de-ionised/distilled water and some vinegar or lemon juice to clean it. But there is nothing to worry about here apart from the need to have a bubbler that looks like new!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

For me the main reason to use distilled is because it keeps the glass cleaner. It's also nice to not have to change water all the time.
Especially since I switch glass several times
during the day and sometimes in the same session.

Madtater

Wouldnt RO water be the best option to avoid cloudy glass?

Not sure if distilling gets rid of all the minerals in the water, but i know RO has nothing at all in it.

I would be curious to put a meter in distilled and see if dissolved solids are still present.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

If the problem here is lime scale (white deposits on the glass) then unfortunately dissolved solids like calcium carbonates and other salts are not particles and can only be removed (as fas as I know) with a Reverse Osmosis filter or distillation or big cation exchange resin filters or bigger machines. Filters that plug into the kitchen tap will NOT work.- they only remove particles and chlorine.

It is really simpler to just rinse out your bubbler every day, and if it still gets white scaling on the glass that bothers you , use a bottle of de-ionised/distilled water and some vinegar or lemon juice to clean it. But there is nothing to worry about here apart from the need to have a bubbler that looks like new!

With these issues the dropdown adapter has been a total game changer. It prevents the worst of the buildup and keeps the glass cleaner for way longer. I pretty much hated water pieces before because of how quick it got gross, even while refreshing water with each session. Since I added a dropdown adapter it's been a real joy finally being able to enjoy and explore water filtration.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Not sure if distilling gets rid of all the minerals in the water, but i know RO has nothing at all in it.

I would be curious to put a meter in distilled and see if dissolved solids are still present.

Quick google:

RO typically reduces TDS to under 25 ppm; distillation reduces TDS to under 10 ppm. Bottled mineral water typically has a TDS level of approximately 400-650 ppm.”

I use distilled, my lungs are worth protecting for the small price. For drinking, I use a dual stage inline water filtration system.
I clean my glass constantly, not for looks, for HEATH and taste. Good luck.

coolbreeze

it's really the opposite: distilled leaves nothing, RO leaves some minerals. CPAP mfrs require distilled to protect the innards from mineral buildup, with RO as the second choice. Mostly people use distilled to avoid mineral staining, but either is good for reducing bacteria, etc.

Madtater

Quick google:

RO typically reduces TDS to under 25 ppm; distillation reduces TDS to under 10 ppm. Bottled mineral water typically has a TDS level of approximately 400-650 ppm.”

I use distilled, my lungs are worth protecting for the small price. For drinking, I use a dual stage inline water filtration system.
I clean my glass constantly, not for looks, for HEATH and taste. Good luck.
I have metered RO before and the meter read 0. I do know it depends on what meter is used and what RO system is in place.

I only know this because of the fish tank i used to have, and the requirements for the very specific water i needed.

Not all RO systems are the same. Not saying your google results are incorrect, i am basing my comment on personal experiences with RO. To be truthful, never did much research on the topic.

Such a minute amount anyway….it probably doesnt matter in the long run.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
With these issues the dropdown adapter has been a total game changer. It prevents the worst of the buildup and keeps the glass cleaner for way longer. I pretty much hated water pieces before because of how quick it got gross, even while refreshing water with each session. Since I added a dropdown adapter it's been a real joy finally being able to enjoy and explore water filtration.

I’ve a collection of drop downs that I really like for the purpose stated here, however I had been using them with smaller volume DH/EBay pieces that I had. When I upgraded to larger volume pieces (TAG) I’ve noticed the combined volume with my drop downs was noticeably affecting my draw. I really love the way my TAG12 In-line draws with the bowl right on it’s joint, but I also really liked how clean my water stayed with the dropdown. Trade offs.

Top Bottom