BAKx - bake all kinds

AWistfulNihilist

I think we've had enough discussion about reddit and it's entirely off topic for the purposes of this thread. Please keep that in mind going forward.

Thanks.

:peace:
Yeah my bad, I thought it would be weird if I came gushing in here without mentioning it was partially my fault!

That being said hopefully both my vid and opinions will be welcome based on my experience with the product, and I want to make sure I let everyone know that I both enjoy the maker both as a producer of vaporizers and a person, I was offered this product at a discount because I was beta testing, I accepted that and made a video review with no promise of compensation, and no plans on beta testing future products because of my review. All full disclosure.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:D Sign me up for one ! I am using my TUBOx for the last days and now i see this :D,must have.
From what i get this is just like a 510 controlled Bud Toaster a.k.a Herbal Cube,also not far from Vapolution.

Last edited:

AWistfulNihilist

:D Sign me up for one ! I am using my TUBOx for the last days and now i see this :D,must have.
From what i get this is just like a 510 controlled Bud Toaster a.k.a Herbal Cube,also not far from Vapolution.
I've been describing it as coil powered vaponic or terpcicle, but that's a much more apt comparison. I hadn't gotten deep into the back log on the Bud Toaster project, he did a hit video from years ago that's fucking gorgeous!

I think the largest material differences would be the size, the BAK is probably half the diameter of that stem, maybe a bit less, and it's less of a session vape and more of a fast extractor. That thing is fucking cool tho, I love using a Ktype thermocouple and a bbq thermometer, like a Supreme.

Edit:

Is it cool to link this in thread?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've been describing it as coil powered vaponic or terpcicle, but that's a much more apt comparison. I hadn't gotten deep into the back log on the Bud Toaster project, he did a hit video from years ago that's fucking gorgeous!

I think the largest material differences would be the size, the BAK is probably half the diameter of that stem, maybe a bit less, and it's less of a session vape and more of a fast extractor. That thing is fucking cool tho, I love using a Ktype thermocouple and a bbq thermometer, like a Supreme.

Edit:

Is it cool to link this in thread?

I have myself created a bit more bulkier desktop concept with similar heater years ago ,but it is a zirconium flat wire and it runs only power. This is much more intriguing because it runs off a mod and does TC,it would be just perfect.

SonicBacon

Look, I don't wanna carry the drama here, but I feel I need to speak my mind on this.

It's absolutely exhausting to have to defend an honest opinion on a product at every turn. To have 5 years of no-bullshit pros-n-cons contributions to the community be completely ignored because I am now, singularly, a paid shill for Lamart. I don't have the time of day to try and convince people that I *actually* love the BAK. Nor do I care enough to not be a tester and demo guy for Lamart for the "privilege" of moderating the sub. All this needless drama has done is cement the fact that Vaporents is not the place for me any further. I stepped down as a mod voluntarily and will not be contributing any more there. It was a good run, but all things come to an end.

But god, what a toxic garbage fire that place is. All my drive to help folks there: Gone... just... gone.

Anyway, BAK on topic... a little video demo dump. Enjoy!

Whole nug twaxing on Sloth bubbler:

Ground flower on Pulsar gridline:

Driving a dynavap (actually a Woodscents TEC tip):

Whole nugs in recycler:

Small ground flower load on big Jet:

Hydratube dab:

Whip dab with a cringe dance, sorry in advace:

The shortest of whip dabs:
Is there any other way to watch these? I get this error for each video…

This video has been archived and is not available to watch at this time.

AWistfulNihilist

Yeah ,i am really excited to it ! I havent caught up,but does it run in TC ?
I have myself created a bit more bulkier desktop concept with similar heater years ago ,but it is a zirconium flat wire and it runs only power. This is much more intriguing because it runs off a mod ,so if it does TC,it would be just perfect.
Yup, it's a SS flat coil, so TCR 185 works perfect. We've all been setting our resistances on the mod somewhere between .200 and .220, maybe a bit higher depending on teh unit, and getting solid TC, like astoundingly solid TC.

The biggest issue is the heat crawls a bit, you'll get to vaping temp fast, but if you set that temp to high, you might not realize you already combusted. So it still take some experimentation and practice, like a butane device. But the learning curve is just so much lower.

wamalt

This looks super interesting as someone searching for an all-glass air path, no-torch vape.

I'm trying to understand the design - is the glass oven totally sealed glass separate from the heating element? And then the glass straw with flower fits down inside the glass oven? Why haven't any other vapes utilized this design? Surely all-glass (an inert material) would be a great selling point?

Last edited:

AWistfulNihilist

yes, the tube is not having any "holes" for air, the cold air comes from the bottom, near the magnets between the wooden body to the wooden cap I think
Exactly this, where the cap links to the body there are two canals cut into the wood cap. The majority of air you intake is from that connection point.

Additionally, you don't have to breathe in with the glass straw in the heater tube, you can use the tube to heat the straw, remove and vape entirely with the conductive heat leftover in the straw. Pop it back in to reheat. The system can be wildly pure if that's what you're going for.

wamalt

Exactly this, where the cap links to the body there are two canals cut into the wood cap. The majority of air you intake is from that connection point.

Additionally, you don't have to breathe in with the glass straw in the heater tube, you can use the tube to heat the straw, remove and vape entirely with the conductive heat leftover in the straw. Pop it back in to reheat. The system can be wildly pure if that's what you're going for.
Ah, I see the canals in the wood now. So it works like this? Except the glass oven is actually wrapped instead of just heat from below like in this drawing

Last edited:
wamalt,

GoldenBud

Ah, I see the canals in the wood now. So it works like this? Except the glass oven is actually wrapped instead of just heat from below.
the glass tube is covered by a thick coil, not the thin coils tetra p80 has, and it takes around 7-10 seconds with 70w max (like the tetra p80) to reach temp. the tetra p80 coils reach even a higher temp within 3-4 seconds from cold

fangorn

Did you try it??

fangorn,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah! Just on a normal hit you'll keep getting vapor production from the hot stem, if no one beats me to it, I'll get a vid of this and using it as a driver for a capless dyna.
Did you try it??

You can actually see it happen in the video I posted on the first page with my prophet :tup:

Improvaper

Is there any other way to watch these? I get this error for each video…

This video has been archived and is not available to watch at this time.

Yeah, Streamable pulled the rug after just 24 hours with those. Wish I could edit that post still but such is FC...

Anyway, here they are up on YT:

Whole nug twaxing on Sloth bubbler:

Ground flower on Pulsar gridline:

Driving a dynavap (actually a Woodscents TEC tip):

Whole nugs in recycler:

Small ground flower load on big Jet:

Hydratube dab:
https://youtu.be/lo9-r5BERiM

Whip dab with a cringe dance, sorry in advance:
https://youtube.com/shorts/5dCJWzd_NFY

The shortest of whip dabs:
https://youtube.com/shorts/cd4U-_dIrQ0

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I did a brief scan through the thread, so I'm sorry if this was discussed previously.

Someone had mentioned in a different thread that the wood version is made of plywood. Is this accurate? From various pics I could see the layers in wood that is typical of plywood, but I thought it was inlay work. I understand that there is a need to keep costs down, but plywood?

BabyFacedFinster,

Madtater

I did a brief scan through the thread, so I'm sorry if this was discussed previously.

Someone had mentioned in a different thread that the wood version is made of plywood. Is this accurate? From various pics I could see the layers in wood that is typical of plywood, but I thought it was inlay work. I understand that there is a need to keep costs down, but plywood?
If plywood is used, it is probably to keep the weight down while still holding onto sturdiness.

The only thing i would worry about using plywood is it drying out and have it start to splinter. This would be remedied by either coating it with some sort of protective barrier and/or using high quality hardwood finishing plywood.

While plywood is cheaper, good plywood is not much cheaper. Some of the finished birch and cedar plywood is rather expensive.

Razhumikin

Its made the exact same way the acrylic tp80s are made. That comment came from a pissed off redditor with no knowledge of the device but a big chip on their shoulder, not exactly highly credible.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

If plywood is used, it is probably to keep the weight down while still holding onto sturdiness.

The only thing i would worry about using plywood is it drying out and have it start to splinter. This would be remedied by either coating it with some sort of protective barrier and/or using high quality hardwood finishing plywood.

While plywood is cheaper, good plywood is not much cheaper. Some of the finished birch and cedar plywood is rather expensive.
In the OP he gives the prices and calls them either Acrylic or Solid Wood. Here's what I think,
Plywood may not be accurate. Laminations, or layering, of solid wood (usually putting grain at 90 degrees, as in plywood) adds stability and strength, and this was being done before commercial plywood existed. It can add visual appeal, or at times, get knocked as "cheap, like plywood". I doubt he's going to a supplier for this, probably shop-making by the batch?

Its made the exact same way the acrylic tp80s are made. That comment came from a pissed off redditor with no knowledge of the device but a big chip on their shoulder, not exactly highly credible.
So, what of the wood-looking one in the photos, and the pricing? is that actually acrylic?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is it not solid wood with an acrylic outside panel?

It may very well be. It does look to me like the wood is laminated, so, okay, with the acrylic as the top layer?
I am definitely not well versed in how his stuff is made, I was mostly just addressing the comments about plywood.

Top Bottom