• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AVS m22

florduh

@Olde7 have you had any issues with the resistance creeping up enough that TC gets compromised?

Just tried some low temp Rosin, 430F. Ended up being enough for 3 hits. Then vapor production stopped. The last hit was just as tasty as the first. Got the SiC squeaky clean after with a little distilled water.

I really hope longevity isn't an issue with this thing because so far it's about perfect. The last buy that produced this much instant satisfaction was the Peak, and this outperforms it significantly.

florduh,
Reactions: JCat

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
@Olde7 have you had any issues with the resistance creeping up enough that TC gets compromised?

Just tried some low temp Rosin, 430F. Ended up being enough for 3 hits. Then vapor production stopped. The last hit was just as tasty as the first. Got the SiC squeaky clean after with a little distilled water.

I really hope longevity isn't an issue with this thing because so far it's about perfect. The last buy that produced this much instant satisfaction was the Peak, and this outperforms it significantly.
The only time I get poor tc performance or error messages (I'm almost always running a DNA color mod) is when the clips are wonky - either damaged/deformed or contaminated. On a DNA c, an "ohms to high" or "temp protection" error is either one of those or incorrect measured resistance.

Myself, and ymmv with any of this reply, I get 3 to 4 weeks on a set of correctly installed clips. There was some learning-curve to clip installation, before I got that performance. 🙂

Edited for typo

Azn2101

ESCC is not microwave safe!

No I figured that with the legs being metallic but I wasn't sure about regular SiC inserts so I've always dropped SiC into hot DC after Microwaving it since it can handle the quick change in temp without the risk of thermal shock. Appreciate you looking out though.

Anyway the DC brought it back to a Brand New🖒

Azn2101

Another thing about DC Cleaner - Wikipedia says that karanja oil, the active ingredient, is toxic, but also that it's used in traditional medicine. DC Cleaner claims otherwise, but probably a good idea to rinse thoroughly before use.

Huh, without getting too off topic DC Cleaner used to show videos/story posts on Facebook/Instagram of people harvesting copious hauls of Reclaim from the bongs & bangers. I guess they never specify if it's smoked or used in edibles but they haven't posted things like that in awhile.

Makes me wonder if they found out reclaim with DC is a no go for health reasons and thus the lack of those type of posts/videos but thank you for the heads up.

I'm a fingerstroke away from grabbing another bubbler but does anyone know if they've changed the design at all since I have seen quite a bit of them broken, including my own (around the deck) and wonder if it isn't just better to get a BB?

Azn2101,

Deleted Member 1643

Huh, without getting too off topic DC Cleaner used to show videos/story posts on Facebook/Instagram of people harvesting copious hauls of Reclaim from the bongs & bangers. I guess they never specify if it's smoked or used in edibles but they haven't posted things like that in awhile.

Didn't find anything else on karanja oil's alleged toxicity, which is a little surprising considering the plant grows in abundance and has many uses. Can't imagine how you'd process reclaim from it. Seemed like a little caution was warranted.

Deleted Member 1643,

florduh

This is another thing I disagree with. They shouldn’t have bothered with the gold plating if it only lasts a month or two. I’d rather just know what the final resistance and performance levels are up front.

I don’t really care about the gold plating so long as it continues to work in TC mode properly.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok, so I've been using my M22 since Saturday, and I have to say, this thing is absolutely great! By far the best portable setup I've tried for rosin (by far!).

The only complaint I have so far is the clips (like everyone else :) ). It took me 8 clips before I got 2 in correctly, and got the dish seated correctly. The 1st 2 clips I thought I had in right, but resistance kept rising. I didn't even realize it wasn't right, but I wasn't super impressed with it at this point, as my first bowl burnt severely, and some weren't getting up to temp. I then tried 3 more times (6 if you count each clip as 1 try ... not a pair) before getting them in correctly, and getting the dish seated in there as well.

Now, since I've had the clips in correctly, when I clean out the M22 bubbler I push down the bowl a little bit with the 810 plastic mouthpiece (same as used to push down when installing). Apart from that, I've just cleaned with a q-tip, occasionally bumping to 450F and burning off and wiping down with an ISO dipped q-tip. It's staying clean, resistance is steady, and temp control is spot on and working wonderfully.

I ordered an extra 40 clips ASAP, and am considering getting on the wait list for a backup ESCC; if I don't pre-order an extra ESCC I'll definitely be picking up a spare when they are available. Truly a revolutionary device for portable dabs :) I must say, I am very truly impressed, and the 1 year wait was 100% worth it.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Same here - that's what was going on. The new installation guide (below) helped, especially the recommendation to press both clips in with the ESCC alone, no housing. Easy to see it was uneven and improperly seated.

I'm pretty sure with a bit of practice, it will become pretty easy. I just hope I don't damage my ESCC first! As well I hope I don't run out of spring clips before my replacements arrive! :lol:

That being said, if I broke off a leg, the bigger disappointment to me would be waiting for a replacement, not the $100, as if I break off a leg I'm sure it will be user error.

This thing seems very well built, and it's everything I hoped it would be (when I first read up about it, I was sold on the concept immediately, and I'm quite pleased that it lives up to its expectations :) )

Mulehead

It’s been almost 3 weeks and I’m still amazed after every hit (with proper clip install). Keep waiting for the honeymoon curve to flatten!

I’ve settled in at 435f. Pumps out vapor and the flavor is like no other.
Depending on my mood I range from 420-450f.

Clean up is a breeze between hits with a quick dry swab followed by a distilled water dipped swab.
Deep cleans are getting easier with practice, as are clip installations.

AVS is expecting to have a surplus stock of escc dishes ready to ship 8/22. I will be ordering another RDA with escc and bubbler for backups.
After knowing what this little fucker’s capable of, I don’t want to medicate without it.

florduh

It’s been almost 3 weeks and I’m still amazed after every hit (with proper clip install). Keep waiting for the honeymoon curve to flatten!

I'm at the same place. It's still producing accurate temps after about 3 weeks, on the original set of clips. Really, the clips are the only drawback to this thing. That having been said, I had no problems, and it took maybe 30 seconds to install. I think I forgot AVS is a RDA company. This is a "rebuildable" atomizer. Only instead of screwing in metal coils, you replace the little clips every 3-4 weeks. I'd still much rather deal with these things than screwing in and "strumming" metal coils.

Depending on my mood I range from 420-450f.

I agree here too. I'm mostly hitting it dry though. Probably the most consistently good low temp dab device I've used.

Mulehead

Really, the clips are the only drawback to this thing. That having been said, I had no problems, and it took maybe 30 seconds to install

I understand the concept being “fuse like” but I agree, only drawback.
I’m gonna pick up a pair of magnified glasses for my poor old eyes. Might just make a few chores around the farm a little easier.

@florduh are you hitting the bubbler dry or the atomizer cover/drip tip?

I’ve been using my drip tip for escc installation tool and the atomizer cover inverted for a vortex carb cap stand.
I hope AVS makes a place for the atomizer cover to sit in the base/stand for this purpose.

Nice to see others enjoying this wonderful little device!

florduh

@florduh are you hitting the bubbler dry or the atomizer cover/drip tip?

I've just been hitting it like a wax pen, through the drip tip. Doesn't bother my lungs, and the taste is incredible. I don't have a mod right now that fits the AVS bubbler well. But I'm due for a spring clip change this week, so I may try to get it to work with my heatsink. I'll try the bubbler both dry and with water.

Mulehead

I've just been hitting it like a wax pen, through the drip tip. Doesn't bother my lungs, and the taste is incredible. I don't have a mod right now that fits the AVS bubbler well. But I'm due for a spring clip change this week, so I may try to get it to work with my heatsink. I'll try the bubbler both dry and with water.

Unfortunately I dropped my bubbler and had to go with the drip tip for a few days. Which ended up irritating my throat a bit.
I like the bubbler equally with or without water, slightly more flavor without.
Good luck with your heatsink lining things up for your mod/bub, and with that clip change!

A j-hook is allowing me to watch the temp control working. Interesting to watch the mod make changes according to my draw rate. Hard to believe how much the dish cools with a strong draw, and how much the mod corrects TC to keep up. Now I don’t understand how I thought a banger being heated by a coil stood a chance of holding temperature while drawing.

Just took another hit...still amazed!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hard to believe how much the dish cools with a strong draw, and how much the mod corrects TC to keep up. Now I don’t understand how I thought a banger being heated by a coil stood a chance of holding temperature while drawing.

I don't think they would really be comparable: A banger would hold temperature much longer as quartz is a thermal insulator, even more so with a coil attached supplying constant power. High conductivity materials (like silicon carbide) by nature heat up (and cool down) very fast. Plus a banger is much thicker than this dish which would have a substantial effect on heat retention.

florduh

Unfortunately I dropped my bubbler and had to go with the drip tip for a few days. Which ended up irritating my throat a bit.

I should say, I'm not using the stock drip tip. I use longer 510 tips, which probably help cool down the vapor a bit. The stock 810 drip tip didn't really bother my throat much either. I just don't like the wide bore.
Good luck with your heatsink lining things up for your mod/bub, and with that clip change!

You know what, I'm gonna keep putting off that clip change. My resistance has gone up by about .08 ohms since my first install 3 weeks ago. And I'm hitting it dozens of times per day (mostly CBD!) One thing I appreciate about this thing is how consistent the Temp control is. With coil based atomizers, it seems like if the resistance jumps around, Temp control is fucked. You have to take a new room temp resistance reading. Even then it's hit or miss. I haven't fucked with the settings on the M22 since I got it. Still works perfectly 👌

I don't think they would really be comparable: A banger would hold temperature much longer as quartz is a thermal insulator, even more so with a coil attached supplying constant power. High conductivity materials (like silicon carbide) by nature heat up (and cool down) very fast. Plus a banger is much thicker than this dish which would have a substantial effect on heat retention.

You're talking about a quartz banger hooked up to an e-nail coil? That makes sense. The quartz dishes on wax pens like the QQ are about as thick as the new avs SiC. Just comparing this thing to the Quartz Quest... the temp control sure seems a lot more accurate on the M22 SiC. Every other wax pen I've had, has been a bit hit or miss. With the new SiC, it's effortless to get a great tasting low temp dab every time. No "technique" or other fuckery required.

I've been comparing the m22 to an e-nail. But I'm realizing that's not really fair. It's really just a wax pen. So in that class, this thing is far and away the best performing option. I know you had the beta SiC dish. I was fairly impressed with the beta... until I tried the updated dish. The OG escc is garbage compared to the final product. And I thought it was pretty good at the time. I'm guessing that comes down to temp control, though the SiC just looks and feels higher quality too. Smooth as glass.

I had this idea that the OG ESCC will be a nice backup option. Until I tried the new one. Now the OG is only used as a clip installation tool.

thevapist

Randomly checked their reddit and there is a post from yesterday talking about the mod going up for order in 2 weeks and a reveal. Won't hold my breath, as it will probably just be a reveal of some CG stuff as usual. Most pointless pre-order ever.

zZzZzZz

thevapist,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Randomly checked their reddit and there is a post from yesterday talking about the mod going up for order in 2 weeks and a reveal. Won't hold my breath, as it will probably just be a reveal of some CG stuff as usual. Most pointless pre-order ever.

zZzZzZz
You should look around some more - he's been showing his engineering sample, in action for awhile. Most recent was just a couple days ago. His production sample is in transit now, with 400 units (198 already sold) due to arrive in 2 weeks.

Considering it's the ONLY mod ever designed/made specifically for concentrate attys, focuses on the unique ESCC tc, is wholly and completely designed by AVS (while managing the escc project, no less), from concept, to schematics and pcb components selection, to programming - AVS (primarily Brent) did all that. To the tune of $200,000. For there to have been several extensive delays is completely unsurprising. And imho, is far better than hurried products. If you're impatiently waiting, hang in there - so far, they've made good on their performance/function claims. Which is more than the competition has ever done...

thevapist

I wouldn't call it "impatiently waiting" when I was one of the first pre-orders. They lost my confidence long ago and their reddit is currently people asking about the ESCC because they've gone silent again, and that's the small percentage of posts they actually approve. It's amateur hour over there. Their time to market proves it constantly. Their communication and customer service are also severely lacking.

I can only laugh when I get an email just now mentioning incoming PMTAs that might severely disrupt their business, or even the ability to deliver these products, but nothing about the said products people are waiting "impatiently" for.

Mod will be 2021 at earliest... if it even happens. It's Sept 2020 and people are still tapping their feet for a functioning ESCC, and I was called an idiot when I said 2021 for that ;) Looks to me like they are just clearing house and planning for the worst. PMTA guidance states "... and open-system vapor tanks and mods".

There were concerns posted in the reddit about this a looooong time ago and it was brushed off by Brent. They'll be seeing the FDA don't play no games.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have an ESCC, and Brent's been relatively responsive when I've asked questions. The last update on the current ESCC batch was on the day they were supposed to ship I believe which was what ... last week? seems relatively on track for a pre-order ... not like it is "years" late or anything ... in terms of pre-orders, and those I've taken part in, I'd say this one was actually pretty smooth ...

florduh

I tried throwing the m22 on a beat up old Pico with Arctic Fox. It works even better than my newer Wismec. My resistance is still at .75 ohms after 2 weeks of heavy use. The "live resistance" snaps back down to .75 in maybe 30 seconds. Incredibly accurate temp control. As you inhale, the mod increases power to maintain temps.

It seems like the cool thing to do on reddit is to hate AVS. I'll say, I don't think the roll out has been handled the best. They probably should've beta tested the final SiC for a few months and waited until this summer to do a release. Then no one could really fault them. Instead, they let people play with the far inferior beta SiC dish for nearly a year. At the end of the day, it looks like their release is like 7-8 months behind schedule. That's not great, but hardly a dealbreaker if they deliver on their promises. In my opinion, they have.

My beat up old Pico is now the best portable dabbing device currently available. I set the temp, double click the button, and it reaches that temp in 2-3 seconds. Every time. At this point, I'll need to see some pretty glowing reviews about the AVS mod for me to pull the trigger. Right now, the Pico gives me everything I'd want from a portable dabbing device in a smaller form factor.

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
I wouldn't call it "impatiently waiting" when I was one of the first pre-orders. They lost my confidence long ago and their reddit is currently people asking about the ESCC because they've gone silent again, and that's the small percentage of posts they actually approve. It's amateur hour over there. Their time to market proves it constantly. Their communication and customer service are also severely lacking.

I can only laugh when I get an email just now mentioning incoming PMTAs that might severely disrupt their business, or even the ability to deliver these products, but nothing about the said products people are waiting "impatiently" for.

Mod will be 2021 at earliest... if it even happens. It's Sept 2020 and people are still tapping their feet for a functioning ESCC, and I was called an idiot when I said 2021 for that ;) Looks to me like they are just clearing house and planning for the worst. PMTA guidance states "... and open-system vapor tanks and mods".

There were concerns posted in the reddit about this a looooong time ago and it was brushed off by Brent. They'll be seeing the FDA don't play no games.
If you're not impatient, you're a better man than me! As for "going silent", better look again. He commented 5 days ago and again yesterday, with updates.

Olde7,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom