AVS m22

sirwalter

I received mine on Tuesday
It shipped Friday
You should e mail AVS with your order number
And if you did receive tracking mine didn’t update until the day it arrived

Dont get me wrong, Im glad yours arrived. But I'm not understanding how this whole thing is being organized. I will wait it out for a bit, Im just tired of hollow updates.

sirwalter,

sirwalter

When did you order? I Ordered on the second day of opening in august. Afaik only early august orders have shipped.

I ordered during the first couple days of preorder. If you look above there are people with preorder dates like 8/19 that were received more than a week ago. Mine hasn't even shipped and from what I can tell I'm hardly alone. Brent posted the other day he is waiting for more M22/ESCC's. They aren't in stock right now. Like I said-these updates haven't been accurate/realistic in my opinion.

Last edited:
sirwalter,

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I’m happy to say I was lucky enough to get mine. I am reluctant to report that I have very mixed feelings about this. I have a Lost Vape Therion DNA75c. The first time I put the springs in it was tricky, but after a few busted springs. I got it seated perfectly. Nice stable resistance around .8 area. For a few days. Then it started acting finicky. So I took it apart to clean it.
Since then I have never been able to get the resistance below 1.2 I have used several sets of clips with no luck. Resistance flying all over the place. 2 days I took it out with me for the day while I’m the road. And both days it had issues. Too hot, too cold... constantly inconsistent. Very upsetting Because when it was “dialed in” before the springs failed. I was in love... ( this is where the mixed feelings come into play.)
When it was working there was nothing quite like it. You could completely finish a nice dab in 2/3 hits with NO FLAVOR LOSS AT ALL. LIKE NONE. Hit 3 tastes as good as hit 1!!! I have the terpometer. When using that thing and having it on point it was pure perfection. Consistent. Reaching and not overshooting temp etc... Make no mistake... however these springs are an issue. They need to find a permanent solution.
I am sad to report I already broke a leg off the ESCC. Devastated... yes. But actually also quite relieved Because I was spending about an hour or more a day trying to get the resistance and consistency on point like I had for the first 3 days. So I get my life back at least.

Deleted Member 1643

I am sad to report I already broke a leg off the ESCC.

:ugh: That's too bad! Had no problem reinstalling after a long, hot DC Cleaner soak, and it's performing just as before. Did you contact AVS about the resistance issue?

Wonder why they needed to go with spring clips. It was clearly an engineering and production challenge. First installation was tricky and clips weren't all the way in. Still worked fine, just a little wobbly.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: JCat

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
[–]VapeMore4LessBrent[M] [score hidden] 43 minutes ago stickied comment

I keep posting comments with updates almost daily and get downvoted every time. I understand some of you are upset. However impatient or upset you guys feel, it's 10x worse for us. Trust me we're extremely eager to get this done. We don't enjoy having any pissed off customers, we have always aimed to please and why we're so well known for our customer service. We're losing a ton of money to fix this despite that the issue was caused by the original factory providing us a great prototype and then delivering us garbage. They refused to refund us. We found a new factory after having samples made from nearly a dozen factories, we then paid again to make the new escc and invested a ton more time and money to figure out how to modify its resistance and TCR (so it could be used on any mod as you all requested, that added a couple months to figure out) and also to shape it better/ smooth it, and find ways to increase its strength. Anyone who is tired of waiting is welcome to a refund as they always have been. We're not trying to steal your money, we're working our hardest to earn it. We are a very small team doing big things. To be specific, there are 3 of us running this whole show. This has been a really bad year for everyone everywhere, I'm not excusing the delays. It sucks for all of us. All I can do is keep giving dates the best I can and why they're estimates, and just keep pushing to get it done. Only 1 person has taken the refund on the m22 due to the delays.
With that out of the way, the ESCCs have shipped to us. Everyone waiting from last year will get their escc shipped within a week, barring any unforeseen problems. As you all know I cannot guarantee this but this is the most accurate date I have right now and I'm doing everything I can to stick to it.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I’m happy to say I was lucky enough to get mine. I am reluctant to report that I have very mixed feelings about this. I have a Lost Vape Therion DNA75c. The first time I put the springs in it was tricky, but after a few busted springs. I got it seated perfectly. Nice stable resistance around .8 area. For a few days. Then it started acting finicky. So I took it apart to clean it.
Since then I have never been able to get the resistance below 1.2 I have used several sets of clips with no luck. Resistance flying all over the place. 2 days I took it out with me for the day while I’m the road. And both days it had issues. Too hot, too cold... constantly inconsistent. Very upsetting Because when it was “dialed in” before the springs failed. I was in love... ( this is where the mixed feelings come into play.)
When it was working there was nothing quite like it. You could completely finish a nice dab in 2/3 hits with NO FLAVOR LOSS AT ALL. LIKE NONE. Hit 3 tastes as good as hit 1!!! I have the terpometer. When using that thing and having it on point it was pure perfection. Consistent. Reaching and not overshooting temp etc... Make no mistake... however these springs are an issue. They need to find a permanent solution.
I am sad to report I already broke a leg off the ESCC. Devastated... yes. But actually also quite relieved Because I was spending about an hour or more a day trying to get the resistance and consistency on point like I had for the first 3 days. So I get my life back at least.

ESCC Clip installation - current 'best practice' (self.AdvancedVapeSupply)
submitted 48 minutes ago * by Olde7
Ok, those of us that either have an m22 or have been reading about it know - clip installation can be fussy and challenging. Those of us with less-than-great eyesight and/or dexterity issues in particular might struggle. I know I've struggled some.
Here's an easier method to install clips than most are using. It was originally used with og clips/og escc by some, but didn't seem to work well for me due to og clip configuration. My thanks to Brent and u/Tennisguru1 for reminding me of this! This method works great with the final clips/escc - it reduces chances of deforming/damaging clips, seats clips more securely, gives better resistance stability, reduces zirc rattle, and improves clip life.
Simply take your escc (your old og escc is perfect for this, if you have the final. But either will do so long as it has at least one leg), slip a new clip on one leg (do not use the zirc cup for any of this).
Make sure that it will be oriented correctly when you do the next step - correct orientation will have the long top-edges of each clip pointed at the long top-edges of the other, when installed.
Position the leg without the clip so that it hangs over the outside-edge of the m22 deck while the leg with the clip is above an empty post-hole.
Line-up the leg with the clip so it's square over the hole-opening and vertical. Push it straight down without wiggling or cocking. The clip+leg should go in cleanly with a click when it's seated.
Remove the escc by pulling straight up.
Repeat on the other post-hole.
Install the final escc in the updated zirc cup and install on the deck. Insertion force will be higher than you're used to, so be careful to line up the legs before pressing it down.
Done. Cold resistance will measure as low or lower than you've ever seen before, if you were successful ime.
Hope this helps! 🙂
Edited to include missing info and for clarity

Mulehead

Great tip, makes it much easier to install the escc clips.

Received my updated escc and paired it with a voopoo drag with temperature control.

It’s truly a beautiful thing tasting all these delicate terpenes I’ve obviously been charring away, with my previous barbaric methods!
I don’t see myself using my enail any longer.
This is the biggest improvement I’ve experienced since dabbing has started. My hat is off to AVS for delivering a killer product that I will continue using daily.
On time? Not even close, but deliver they did! And it’s portable!!
Pinch me

florduh

I'll post more thoughts soon, but I received the final energized SiC dish yesterday... and it's pretty mindblowing. There were no issues with installation using @Olde7 's method. It took about 45 seconds. Temp control works flawlessly using Arctic Fox (Red Panda actually). The SiC itself seems to be of high quality and is glass-like.

It really is a little e-nail. It doesn't just emulate one like competing products. It's an e-nail that gets to vaporization temp in 2 seconds or less. There are flavors I didn't know my concentrates even had. I've been running fairly clean concentrates through it, and I never taste reclaim, vaping the bowl dry. I'll try some rosin tonight to compare.

There's also no technique involved, which was a big gripe with previous bucket atomizers. I would have to tell other people to wait until heat saturates the crucible. Don't inhale too fast or hard. The m22... I can just double click the mod, hand it to a newbie and say "breathe". Immediate vapor ensues.

The whole roll out was a mess. But the final product is incredibly impressive. Lives up to every bit of hype.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

It really is a little e-nail. It doesn't just emulate one like competing products.

In a sense, it's even more of an e-nail than an e-nail, because it's heated directly. Conventional e-nails still require indirect heating.

It's an e-nail that gets to temp in 2 seconds or less.

Really, two seconds? Takes four or five (with a 100W boost pre-heat boost), IME, using the E-Scribe device monitor. Generally press the power button, count to five and dab 20mg shatter in one hit. Hot DC cleaner and an abrasive kitchen scrubber quickly return the surface to like-new condition.

It seems like everyone on reddit is impressed by the performance, although some find the spring clips annoying.

florduh

Really, two seconds?

I should've said, gets to a temp where vapor is produced. It will take another 2 seconds to get to the temp I've set on the mod. After I load it, and double click the mod, I'm ready to rock by the time I get the top cap on and bring the drip tip up to my lips. It performs more like an exposed SS coil atomizer than something like the TAF Sai.

It seems like everyone on reddit is impressed by the performance, although some find the spring clips annoying.

Yeah, I think the instructions AVS provides makes installing the clips hit or miss. Using Olde7's advice, using the Beta ESCC to place the springs, makes it quite easy. On reddit, Brent said they're making a tool to make installation even easier. My resistance is stable at .75 ohms.

I'd much rather deal with the clips than installing RDA coils with a screwdriver and all that.

florduh

Haven’t seen anything in my mailbox, I guess I’ll have to chase these new parts down to see how it really compares to an enail.

I'd be really interested to get your opinion on it. My shipment took about 9 days for some reason, which is about on par for this whole saga. So maybe yours is still floating around the country somewhere.

The remaining big question is the spring longevity. I've run quite a bit through it over the past 24 hours, and the resistance is still stable. But who knows, long term. I'm also interested in how effective their new installation tool works. The springs are one thing that could keep this thing from seeing mass market appeal. They're leagues easier to deal with than rebuilding a Peak atty though.

I also don't think I'm getting the AVS mod any time soon. Unless it has some major upgrade over Arctic Fox's performance, which seems unlikely at this point.

Deleted Member 1643

The remaining big question is the spring longevity. I've run quite a bit through it over the past 24 hours, and the resistance is still stable. But who knows, long term. I'm also interested in how effective their new installation tool works. The springs are one thing that could keep this thing from seeing mass market appeal. They're leagues easier to deal with than rebuilding a Peak atty though.

I also don't think I'm getting the AVS mod any time soon. Unless it has some major upgrade over Arctic Fox's performance, which seems unlikely at this point.

After four weeks of daily use, resistance has begun to creep up. Started at 0.74 Ohms, now it's 0.81. Replacing the springs didn't bring it back down. Brent's mentioned that as the gold-plating inevitably wears off, resistance will increase and stabilize at a slightly higher value. The DNA mod frequently reads "Ohms too high" during operation, so the dedicated mod could be an improvement. The springs seem like a consumable at 2 USD per pair. The ESCC will also need to be replaced eventually but hopefully not for some time.

florduh

After four weeks of daily use, resistance has begun to creep up. Started at 0.74 Ohms, now it's 0.81. Replacing the springs didn't bring it back down. Brent's mentioned that as the gold-plating inevitably wears off, resistance will increase and stabilize at a slightly higher value. The DNA mod frequently reads "Ohms too high" during operation, so the dedicated mod could be an improvement. The springs seem like a consumable at 2 USD per pair. The ESCC will also need to be replaced eventually but hopefully not for some time.

Interesting. I wonder if that's unique to some protection software that's DNA specific. .81 is only a little higher than mine is reading right now. During operation the live resistance reads .9xx at times.

Was the resistance after installing new springs any lower, or about the same? I'm wondering how long they last. On my beta SiC they lasted a long time, but I wasn't worried about them working for TC.

So far as I can tell, I'm happy with the final product. But my beef would be that a lot of this should've been ironed out before it hit the market.

Deleted Member 1643

Was the resistance after installing new springs any lower, or about the same? I'm wondering how long they last.

It was about the same. Others have said 3 or 4 weeks, but it might be a little longer.

But my beef would be that a lot of this should've been ironed out before it hit the market.

Yeah, the roll-out was unfortunate. Most of the hype last year had little to do with AVS. Brent agonized over whether to ship early, took a risk, it didn't work out, and everybody was disappointed. Sounds like coordinating production has been unbelievably complicated for a small shop. In the end, they brought us something that's truly new with significantly improved performance. Doesn't happen every day.

Azn2101

I could write so much on this little device but most everything has been pointed out In this last page of the thread. I was nice enough to receive the ESCC & Parts Package from the previous owner and I can honestly say that I'm head over heels and for once in a long time it isn't a Marketing Strategy or Brand name Hype product that'll die down when the first bump in the road for the device hits.

It took a few hours of staring at it and thinking about how to go about the installation thinking I'm going to either fuck up or face a hard uphill battle of installation but thankfully both Old/Defective ESCC's survived and with @Olde7 Brent & I think @tennisguru1 Tips it was mostly a breeze but getting that first one in without scraping off or discoloring the Gold Plating wasnt the easiest thing to do but for me about half the black streaks & spots came off the leg by gently twisting a Qtip up and down it but I'm not sure if that's going to help overall resistance in the long term or prevent scraping the legs on the next Clip Install.

Is there any chance that AVS can add or re-plate another coat of gold on the legs if ever completely rubbed off like a year down the road or is that something that would have to go back to the Factories it was originally plated at in China?

I got mine as low as .818 on a Paranormal but eventually rested on .83-.85 but it sticks to around .87-.88 after the dab and if left in that position will keep returning to .87-.88 without playing around with the ESCC.

Overall this has really changed my outlook on dabbing; the M22 doesn't seem to abide by the "More Material = More Flavor" aspect as it seems like it improves all quality of material at small enough portions that it doesn't even cover the floor when melted in with the same rush of flavor on that first draw.

Just a quick question for people using the DC Cleaner to deep clean the ESCC; whats your method and will dunking the ESCC in DC Cleaner that's too hot (just under it's boiling/bubbling temp) damage it or is it ok?

I definitely tip my hat to all those who had to wait out the storm of getting the Final Version plus the efforts of Brent, Stuart, and anyone else who helped keep the lid from exploding off from customer angst & what I'm guessing was hair thinning difficulties that AVS had no control over.

Really appreciate everyone and hope the ESCC is treating you as nice as it is to me or if it hasnt arrived I hope it does soon for you.

Azn2101,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Is there any chance that AVS can add or re-plate another coat of gold on the legs if ever completely rubbed off like a year down the road or is that something that would have to go back to the Factories it was originally plated at in China?

I'm nearly positive it would need to go back to China, so it probably wouldn't be worth it. From what I understand the gold plating offers a minor resistance improvement over not having it. So long as it works with TC, I don't really mind not having it. But Accept said he's been having some issues with the DNA chip giving an error message. Not sure if that will occur with my Red Panda mod.

And yes, I'm also impressed with how much flavor you get from a tiny amount of material.

Azn2101

I'm nearly positive it would need to go back to China, so it probably wouldn't be worth it. From what I understand the gold plating offers a minor resistance improvement over not having it. So long as it works with TC, I don't really mind not having it. But Accept said he's been having some issues with the DNA chip giving an error message. Not sure if that will occur with my Red Panda mod.

And yes, I'm also impressed with how much flavor you get from a tiny amount of material.

Ah then ya definitely not worth a month or so for a slight drop in resistance, no biggie.

Oh ya I saw that @Accept mentioned it. It's happened just a few times to me and always on the first click but then after giving it a sec and rechecking resistance, but not touching the ESCC, it starts the melt in. The 2nd push hasn't failed me, also since turning off Preheat/Boost it hasnt shown the message so maybe that plays a factor but my experience is so limited with RDA's that I'd so as far as to say that's an uneducated Guess as to the "oHms too high" reading.

Azn2101,

Deleted Member 1643

Just a quick question for people using the DC Cleaner to deep clean the ESCC; whats your method and will dunking the ESCC in DC Cleaner that's too hot (just under it's boiling/bubbling temp) damage it or is it ok?

Been soaking the ESCC in hot DC Cleaner for about an hour, and then scrubbing with a strip of green, kitchen scrubbing pad. Haven't looked at the temperature - it's hot to the touch but not scalding (lowest setting on a Corning lab hotplate/stirrer). On reddit, someone posted a method using ISO and steel wool. Didn't have any steel wool on hand, so went with the scrubbing pad. A little abrasion is a big help. Using just a cotton swab required multiple, longer soaks to remove the baked on residue.

florduh

Any updates on the mod?

Not really. Brent is supposed to be dropping a video about it and the release date, but nothing yet. The good news is, I doubt it's like the ESCC, which needs to be manufactured at several factories in multiple countries. So there shouldn't be big delays once it starts shipping.

florduh,
Reactions: Olde7

Azn2101

Been soaking the ESCC in hot DC Cleaner for about an hour, and then scrubbing with a strip of green, kitchen scrubbing pad. Haven't looked at the temperature - it's hot to the touch but not scalding (lowest setting on a Corning lab hotplate/stirrer). On reddit, someone posted a method using ISO and steel wool. Didn't have any steel wool on hand, so went with the scrubbing pad. A little abrasion is a big help. Using just a cotton swab required multiple, longer soaks to remove the baked on residue.

Dude thank you so much, with the ESCC being cutting edge tech it's not like it would be AVS's fault for not knowing that the Gold plating or whatever doesn't react well with the different types of cleaners in the market but I'm glad it works with DC without issues.

I just don't know if there was a "right" way to use DC Cleaner in general and I was just winging it by microwaving my Gemstone inserts in it then taking it out right before a boil over or dropping in SiC (not sure if microwave safe) I'm after taking it out of the microwave.

Edit: Ngl I'd love to have that completely brand new face for my OCD, where it not only shines everywhere but you can see the polishing/tooling marks.

Azn2101,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Dude thank you so much, with the ESCC being cutting edge tech it's not like it would be AVS's fault for not knowing that the Gold plating or whatever doesn't react well with the different types of cleaners in the market but I'm glad it works with DC without issues.

I just don't know if there was a "right" way to use DC Cleaner in general and I was just winging it by microwaving my Gemstone inserts in it then taking it out right before a boil over or dropping in SiC (not sure if microwave safe) I'm after taking it out of the microwave.

Edit: Ngl I'd love to have that completely brand new face for my OCD, where it not only shines everywhere but you can see the polishing/tooling marks.
ESCC is not microwave safe!

Olde7,
Reactions: JCat

Deleted Member 1643

You're welcome, but no guarantees. Only cleaned a few times, and the ESCC looks and works fine. Could still be an unforeseen issue further along, and the resistance has crept up a little.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: Azn2101
Top Bottom