Arizer Solo

THCMuscle

ilovebOObs said:
crap my ceramic is peeling too. not even a week old yet :(.

No biggy! You are entitled to a new unit, and you'll have an extra battery from your ceramic for your replacement SS.

THCMuscle,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i bought it from ebay, so do i still have warranty? cause i paid like $170 with a case.

ilovebOObs,

THCMuscle

Was it through an official Arizer dealer? No reason not to at least contact Arizer to inquire.

THCMuscle,

ilovebOObs

not sure if it was an authorized dealer or not but yeah i'll just go ahead a shoot an email to arizer. thanks THCMuscle!

ilovebOObs,

vape4health

vaplexus said:
do you have an herbal aire? try this: load up a solo tube and put it in the HA! don't worry that its not tight, just make sure the bottom is flat against the bottom of the crucible for a good seal.

I dry fit a Solo 3 hole bent stem in my herbalAire and it fits, a little loose like vaplexus said but feels like it would work.

vape4health,

dorkus_molorkus

I tried it with my HA & it didnt float my boat so to speak.

It works, but I coughed like a bitch & was quite loose & hard to vapbong with.

Now I am a little worried my warranty replacement solo is playing up.
I turned it on after being off all night, and it started heating from temp 5.

I noticed it doing it yesterday, turn it on after it being off for hours & it says its at temp 4. WTF?
Also, its not getting as hot, having trouble getting my normal clouds at temp 7.
I fear the end is nigh for this solo, will have to keep a close eye on it. :uhoh:

dorkus_molorkus,

vapeon

Yes I did and I also like the 2 hole better than the 4 hole. The 4 hole are more airy hits. :2c:
BossBrew said:
Anyone purchase the new 4-hole stems and end up going back to the original 2-hole stem? They just seem to work better for me.

vapeon,

dorkus_molorkus

MY WARRANTY REPLACEMENT SOLO IS DEAD!

no longer heats up at all, says its at temp 7 all the time, but no flashing heat light.

Have emailed arizer, dont know whats going to happen there. Will they replace the replacement?
happy to ship it back to them if they do. (I guess)

I must say I am gutted. I love this vape.

dorkus_molorkus,

BossBrew

Metalhead
vapeon said:
Yes I did and I also like the 2 hole better than the 4 hole. The 4 hole are more airy hits. :2c:
I am very glad to see that someone else also prefers the 2 hole stems over the 4 hole. The 2 hole seems to also burn more evenly through my bubbler. Just something that works for me!

BossBrew,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

vape4health said:
I dry fit a Solo 3 hole bent stem in my herbalAire and it fits...
dorkus_molorkus said:
It works, but I coughed like a bitch...

Excellent, unless there's an even better equivalent i'll definitely attempt to acquire one next time i travel to Montreal.

:peace:

Egzoset,

THCMuscle

dorkus_molorkus said:
MY WARRANTY REPLACEMENT SOLO IS DEAD!

no longer heats up at all, says its at temp 7 all the time, but no flashing heat light.

Have emailed arizer, dont know whats going to happen there. Will they replace the replacement?
happy to ship it back to them if they do. (I guess)

Explain the situation to them, I can't imagine they wouldn't help you out, being that they're sending out replacements in mass quantities. Don't stress till you have heard from them. It'll probably be nearly/as easy as your first replacment.

Some people in this thread act as if this is the first vaporizer in the history of the world to have a malfunction or defect. Scan the No2, Iolite, WISPR or SSV thread, you'll hear about various problems and the according companies supplying replacments. Even the beloved MFLB has been plauged with a few problems here and there. I got two changers in a row that blew up my MFLB bats, they replaced them pronto. It would seem arizer is providing that same great service on an even more expensive unit.

I've conceptualized about constructing my own vaporizer (especially after reading the VXC thread) and just the thought is daunting. Even if I had the money, resources and people to pull it off it would take a very long time. Not to mention if the slightest problem came up, having to deal with all the keyboard journalists and broscientists out there that will exaserbate the issue.

Its amazing any company, let alone a small one like many of these manufactures can actually design, test, produce and support a very intricate piece of electric paraphenalia with all of us here to hold them to the standard of a fucking car company. Fuck!

THCMuscle,

ilovebOObs

Great service indeed, got an email back from Kevin which is nice, didn't expect a reply today. Looks like I'm getting a ss solo replacement.

ilovebOObs,

dorkus_molorkus

well seeing as its a direct reply to my post.

Of course I explained the ''situation'' to them.(why wouldnt I?)
I fail to see what a car company has to do with anything?
I do expect a product that costs hundreds of dollars to last a bit more than a few months, but nor have I carried on as if no other vape has ever had a problem.

I am hopeful & pretty confident of course, that arizer will step up & fix it, however, if I wish to feel a little disappointed in the product seeing as this is the 2nd issue I have had,
I will.

If you wish to be condecending to others that have posted here, feel free.
But please do not direct it at me. i was merely posting what my experiences are.

& will probably post what the result was for the benefit of other members.

dorkus_molorkus,

THCMuscle

dorkus_molorkus said:
well seeing as its a direct reply to my post.

Of course I explained the ''situation'' to them.(why wouldnt I?)
I fail to see what a car company has to do with anything?
I do expect a product that costs hundreds of dollars to last a bit more than a few months, but nor have I carried on as if no other vape has ever had a problem.

I am hopeful & pretty confident of course, that arizer will step up & fix it, however, if I wish to feel a little disappointed in the product seeing as this is the 2nd issue I have had,
I will.

If you wish to be condecending to others that have posted here, feel free.
But please do not direct it at me. i was merely posting what my experiences are.

& will probably post what the result was for the benefit of other members.

Only the first paragraph was in reply, or even directed at you Dorkus. The majority of my post was directed at quite a few people in the last 40 pages. My only critisizm to you is you emailed Arizer with a question, but asked us the same thing? Why not wait for an offical reply from the manufactuer then supply us with your experience? This helps keep this thread to clean, non speculitive information that helps support us who own the product. I understand your inpatience, I pissed people off in the chat with so many solo questions, I decided to just wait for mine to come and answer my own questions!! None the less I'm sorry to hear your SS has failed, I hope your experience with Arizer was as good as your first!

Most threads in this forum provide excelent support and help with said product. However it would seem apparent that this thread has turned into a series of complaints from people who neglect to even contact the company or try a few simple fixes other members have provided.

If you have an defective unit, contact Arizer for support. After you've exhausted that end, post your problem and your experience with Arizer and how YOU went about fixing issue. Posting complaints about how your unit is defective (or simply needs to be cleaned) prior to having done a SINGLE THING to remedy the situation does nothing to contribute to this community. This vape is not plauged with a textbook full of problems, there are what, 5 or less? They were all discovered well prior to half this thread being formed. Had many of these people read the thread they would have either A: have found an entire solution to their problem, or B: Have been referred to Arizer with comments about how superb their customer service is.

THCMuscle,

Vaperlock

I thought I would chime in with an interesting story at least I think so. I have a very profitable software design company that deals with programming robots to trade Forex. In the past 6 years I have become a very wealthy person and never had to pay for advertising on the Internet.

I ended up with a high search engine rankings by accident because of all my link backs to my site from posting on many forums like this dealing with trading the markets. I can tell you straight up the vast majority of people that post testimonials are people that are not happy. A person that is delighted with the software that they purchased is highly unlikely to post a positive testimonial. It's human nature to find a forum to vent and spread poison to other people when not happy. It's their way of getting back. I personally don't care if it's positive or negative testimonials because it's another piece of information that will help my rankings. One of the best keywords to use in marketing is "scam". It makes people want to open up the link and look further.

Therefore, reading these forums will give you a biased opinion on a product. I'm here because I want to glean any tidbits I can about a product good or bad knowing I don't have to be too concerned with the negative information.

To be 100% honest I had to ask my customers to post positive testimonials. I've gone as far as posting their personal e-mail communication on sites like this with my name attached. This was better than nothing. Why more people just don't post positive testimonials is beyond me but not too shocking. I thought this was a post that would at least get us away from discussing ceramic vs SS LOL

Vaperlock,

dorkus_molorkus

''My only critisizm to you is you emailed Arizer with a question, but asked us the same thing.''

who the fuck are you to critisise me in the 1st place?

i am an active member here & if I want to ask a question pertaining to arizer or the solo, then I will. If I just want to make a statment regarding the solo, I will.

Although, I was musing aloud rather than asking YOU specifically for help.

i am not impatient, I am just pissed off that my favorite vape has shit itself & I have come on here to talk about
it & my experiences with other solo users.

i have read this thread front to back several times, I have posted vids of results of experiments to help other solo users get the most from their units. I have answered questions, asked them & have attempted to put as much into this site & thread as I have gotten out of it.

So, again, take your condecending tone & STFU.

dorkus_molorkus,

vaplexus

So far the worst thing about the solo is that a rare number break and also some people are more sensitive to the smell. The result that makes this the worst thing about the solo is that the people with them are then not using them and they really do need to chill the fk out. :D

vaplexus,

THCMuscle

dorkus_molorkus said:
''My only critisizm to you is you emailed Arizer with a question, but asked us the same thing.''

who the fuck are you to critisise me in the 1st place?

i am an active member here & if I want to ask a question pertaining to arizer or the solo, then I will. If I just want to make a statment regarding the solo, I will.

Although, I was musing aloud rather than asking YOU specifically for help.

i am not impatient, I am just pissed off that my favorite vape has shit itself & I have come on here to talk about
it & my experiences with other solo users.

i have read this thread front to back several times, I have posted vids of results of experiments to help other solo users get the most from their units. I have answered questions, asked them & have attempted to put as much into this site & thread as I have gotten out of it.

So, again, take your condecending tone & STFU.

I appologize, I critizise is not the word to use. I just didn't see the purpose of your post. I thank you for your contributing to this thread as an active solo owner. I myself was turned away from the solo numerous times because this thread portrays this vape as an absolute horrible POS to an outsider.

@Vaporlock: Very good point! People are so much more likely to voice something bad about a product than good. Satisfaction rarely evokes the want to voice about it, frustration and annoyance does.

THCMuscle,
I noticed last night while read that my SS does indeed make a high pitched, annoying sound when it is heating. You can hear it cycling on and off every 15 to 30 seconds. It's nothing loud and I never noticed it after what must be like 7 months, but it's there.

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

Its not a POS, thats the problem.
I love my solo, it hits like nothing else I own. in fact just thinking about not having a solo makes me a little anxious.

I agree this thread has been somewhat hijacked lately by those having issues, but I guess this is why its here.
and i am not one of those people in the 1st place.
I have not slagged off regarding arizer one iota (how can I? they havent had the chance to do anything about it yet)

I have friends here (in fact i think of all the members here as friends), so I came on here to have a sook that my solo died, and possibly get some ''gee thats a bummer dude & hope it all works out'' sympathy from my fellow stoner friends and muse aloud whether or not its going to pan out fine.

& im sure it will.

So thats the purpose of my post/s.
to share with my friends, not have it turn into this fucking shitfight.

and if a potential solo owner cant take the time to read the whole thread & digest the quality posts from the crap ones, then I guess they just wont buy one. because ALL of the info to make an informed decision regarding purchasing a solo is there. But, there is a failure rate of some kind with the solo, perhaps not as large as made out here, but there is one nonetheless.

and I am sure Arizer will continue to do the right thing.

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

@ vaplexus- lol 100% correct. i will chill the fuck out

@THCMuscle- I forgot to add, apology accepted & welcome to the family. :D

Oh, if anyone wants to do the 'dude, thats a bummer your solo died, but im sure theres a happy ending there for you soon' thing. nows probably the best time. :rolleyes:

dorkus_molorkus,

ilovebOObs

Dam my solo just put me on my ass. 3 bowls using my bong. I love this thing!!!!
I bought it with a hard case but haven't even used it yet hahahah.

ilovebOObs,
Photoon2011-11-24at0323.jpg

biojuggernaut,
Top Bottom