Arizer Solo 3

Marcus

Well after reading this thread, you all talked me into grabbing one.

It's on charge right now, so I'll have a play with it and then have a fiddle with the vape! :brow:

Solid unit though, bigger than my solo 2... no long stem in with them though? I always found the short stem on the solo2 to be a tad warm for me, but nobody seems bothered by it on here, so fingers crossed it'll be all fine n dandy.

:wave::sherlock:

Pukka

no long stem in with them though?
Arizer apparently makes no stems longer than 90mm in the bigger 5 hole owl format. Bummer. 420EDC, however, sells 70, 90, 110 straight, 110 curved, 14mm GonG and 18mm GonG stems with the larger 5 hole bowl in clear.

And I agree, I perfer the 110mm stems over the 90mm ones. I'm hoping GWV or Sneaky get their black glass stems made with the Solo 3 bowls.

Marcus

Arizer apparently makes no stems longer than 90mm in the bigger 5 hole owl format. Bummer. 420EDC, however, sells 70, 90, 110 straight, 110 curved, 14mm GonG and 18mm GonG stems with the larger 5 hole bowl in clear.

And I agree, I perfer the 110mm stems over the 90mm ones. I'm hoping GWV or Sneaky get their black glass stems made with the Solo 3 bowls.
Ah thanks man! This 90mm stem is fine so far. I would prefer a longer one though.
I'm 4 bowls in with this solo3 and it's very good. Nearly coughed a nut up with the ondemand mode, but I kinda get it now.
I like the way you can set 3 temps to cycle through in session mode.

Very powerful it seems, I;m happy at 175*C and that's probably pushing it for me for a 5 min session with the big load, before it starts to taste crap.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OT @invertedisdead Know you've been kicking around some ideas for your next project for the community. Any further thoughts on the potential of creating a medical grade, black zirconia ceramic stem that has the ability to hold cooling balls for the Solo/Air? The durability alone is a sell for those of us that glass doesn't survive our clumsiness very long, let alone all the other inherit benefits of zirconia.

With so many Arizer portables in the wild seems the demand for a unique, rugged stem would be substantial. If other FC members agree let our talented friend know.
Original DV concept by invertedead - Imagine what a Arizer stem could be?
stem.png

Howdy friend,

I’ve definitely been kicking some ideas around.

I was considering making a WPA, but I’ve got a few different stem designs jotted down as well.

The only thing I’m not sure of is I quite like the solid fixed screens as they are super easy to keep clean, but it sounds like more people are interested in using mesh screens; so I’d need to adapt my designs for that. Originally I was thinking a high flow fixed screen would be cool. My design has double the airflow as the stock 5 hole stems.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I've been waiting on a screened hi-flo stem that also has cooling dimples. That'd be nice. If any glassblowers out there are listening....
Anyone.....anyone...
Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF
Although I really like @invertedisdead mulling over making stems for the Solo 😋. I would be happy with a fixed or a removable screen.

I've been using this screened hi-flo XL WPA from sneakypete with a dry dimpled pipe to great effect. I'm liking tearing off little weed chunks to fill the bowl. Keeps everything cleaner and tastes great 🤤. Thinking of removing the metal screen as the chunks should stay in place with the dimple and the dimpled dry pipe should catch scoobies hopefully.
Here's a shot of the vaped product at 378F for 5min

Last edited:

chillAtGVC

no long stem in with them though? I always found the short stem on the solo2 to be a tad warm for me
I thought that I would find it too hot over 200c but it seems OK to me. @TigoleBitties turned me onto using the WPA with a dimpled or ball filled J-hook. It makes it very pleasant but I feel a bit like Steam Punk Sherlock Holmes using it.

Astedra

Well it happened on 210C, it combusted on session mode, first couple of puffs. Maybe it was a too tight pack.

Astedra,
  • Sad
Reactions: endof3d

Marcus

These units do stink when fired up. Smells like it's the rubber grommet around the top seeing as it is touching the oven.

No smells or funny tastes through an empty stem though, but they maybe need some neutral kind of insulator between oven and grommet.

And mine has a sticker on the back telling me it's a solo 2...with a German address and code on it??? :lol: I think it's just an EU thing for the battery.

But it had a lot of heavy use over the weekend, 75% battery left in the mornings. I've found I like half packing the big bowl and pulling the stem away from the base of the oven, and even full packing the small bowl and pulling that further from the bottom of the oven too. 175*C, session mode. Sip away, very clean taste until the bowl is done.

count400

Arizer includes SS stem screens with all their portable models for a reason. All depends on personal preference, how dry and what size one grinds the flower that determines whether a screen is needed or not.

Something to consider when thinking about drilled screen vs removable SS screen. The Airizer Solo 3 has doubled the depth of its oven and created a twice the bowl size XL stem to accommodate it. Regular stems still work as well and both are included in the purchase. All previous models just used regular size stems.

Being able to adjust a bowl size like a DV with two bowl ridges could provide a consumer advantage for your stem. A two size bowl all in one stem might just be an unique, practical and intriguing option for all Arizer portable owners to experiment with.
stems.png

Hi, I just got my solo 3 yesterday and want to use the screens and order more. What is the size of the screens? Thanks

count400,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings Everyone, I just received my Arizer Solo 3...and like its predecessor the packaging is outrageously well done. Included is also a very handy carrying case and all of the extra glass, etc. This Canadian company is really impressive. I am charging it and going to do the initials...the routine. I have a new toy for this weekend and I am certainly happy to experience it. 'Thank you' to all that helped me cross over and get another Solo...I am glad to give my Venty a rest...this weekend is Solo3 and Vapman...with a XENO herb...Happy 4th of July for those that celebrate.

How do you switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

PS Does anyone actually use the screens? I do not want to.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5
Been using this modified BFG Dani V2 Ti stem natively and on a 14 mm WP almost exclusively since discovered. The diameter of the V2 fits nicely when the Solo3 is cold but needs the extra high temp food grade silicone tubing to create a snug, tight seal when the Solo heats up and expands.

The silicon never enters the top metal plate more than 1 mm in depth as its a welcome tight fit. It can also be adjusted to elevate the stem a few mm off the bottom for max air flow, and of course covers the airport in the Dani stem.

Both ends of the stem have a ledge that a Solo/Air screen fits flush and snugly. One screen end acts as a bowl that’s slightly smaller than the standard Arizer tube bowl. 👎 The other screen end secures the 6 mm quarts cooling pearls nicely. The mouth piece will accommodate a 510 drip tip if desired.

Bottom line: It’s bomb proof but would prefer a larger bowl and will be pursuing modifying options to achieve this.

@invertedisdead my friend, I would still love to be able to purchase a zirconia stem of similar simple and functional design.
plain.jpg

brkdown.jpg

chillAtGVC

PS Does anyone actually use the screens? I do not want to.
I have never used them. Just keep the flower about 2mm away from the lip of the bowl. It will scorch if it touched the bottom of the oven -- not a good taste. I see you have the Venty too. I've been doing a bowl in each (er, or more) every night. It is an interesting contrast.

helmet_

Without any glass filter? Just the spikes so a screen can sit there? We don't have em for now anyway.
Why do you prefer them, less restricted airflow?
Hello LCV! :D

I would love to see the Hi-flow arizer stems with no glass screen but with spikes like from sneaky pete or 420efc in your shop!
These stems are not available in any EU shops, and im sure many people, myself included, would love to have access to them :D

I hope to see them in the shop sometime soon!
Have a good day :)

chillAtGVC

If you are looking for less draw resistance, I don't find that those stems do anything at all. The draw resistance comes from the small inlets on the oven. They do allow you to load a bit more into the stem. They are also better at avoiding the stopping of all airflow if the herb covers the five holes in the glass filter. I love them for those reasons.

chillAtGVC,

gangababa

I love my Solo stems. Recently, due to a warranty issue, I have been using my Tera to heat the sacrament within the stem, and drawing through a make-it-do TM bubbler mouthpiece for the sacrament within the throat.

gangababa,
Top Bottom