Arizer Solo 3

Marcus

Well after reading this thread, you all talked me into grabbing one.

It's on charge right now, so I'll have a play with it and then have a fiddle with the vape! :brow:

Solid unit though, bigger than my solo 2... no long stem in with them though? I always found the short stem on the solo2 to be a tad warm for me, but nobody seems bothered by it on here, so fingers crossed it'll be all fine n dandy.

:wave::sherlock:

Pukka

no long stem in with them though?
Arizer apparently makes no stems longer than 90mm in the bigger 5 hole owl format. Bummer. 420EDC, however, sells 70, 90, 110 straight, 110 curved, 14mm GonG and 18mm GonG stems with the larger 5 hole bowl in clear.

And I agree, I perfer the 110mm stems over the 90mm ones. I'm hoping GWV or Sneaky get their black glass stems made with the Solo 3 bowls.

Marcus

Arizer apparently makes no stems longer than 90mm in the bigger 5 hole owl format. Bummer. 420EDC, however, sells 70, 90, 110 straight, 110 curved, 14mm GonG and 18mm GonG stems with the larger 5 hole bowl in clear.

And I agree, I perfer the 110mm stems over the 90mm ones. I'm hoping GWV or Sneaky get their black glass stems made with the Solo 3 bowls.
Ah thanks man! This 90mm stem is fine so far. I would prefer a longer one though.
I'm 4 bowls in with this solo3 and it's very good. Nearly coughed a nut up with the ondemand mode, but I kinda get it now.
I like the way you can set 3 temps to cycle through in session mode.

Very powerful it seems, I;m happy at 175*C and that's probably pushing it for me for a 5 min session with the big load, before it starts to taste crap.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OT @invertedisdead Know you've been kicking around some ideas for your next project for the community. Any further thoughts on the potential of creating a medical grade, black zirconia ceramic stem that has the ability to hold cooling balls for the Solo/Air? The durability alone is a sell for those of us that glass doesn't survive our clumsiness very long, let alone all the other inherit benefits of zirconia.

With so many Arizer portables in the wild seems the demand for a unique, rugged stem would be substantial. If other FC members agree let our talented friend know.
Original DV concept by invertedead - Imagine what a Arizer stem could be?
stem.png

Howdy friend,

I’ve definitely been kicking some ideas around.

I was considering making a WPA, but I’ve got a few different stem designs jotted down as well.

The only thing I’m not sure of is I quite like the solid fixed screens as they are super easy to keep clean, but it sounds like more people are interested in using mesh screens; so I’d need to adapt my designs for that. Originally I was thinking a high flow fixed screen would be cool. My design has double the airflow as the stock 5 hole stems.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I've been waiting on a screened hi-flo stem that also has cooling dimples. That'd be nice. If any glassblowers out there are listening....
Anyone.....anyone...
Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF
Although I really like @invertedisdead mulling over making stems for the Solo 😋. I would be happy with a fixed or a removable screen.

I've been using this screened hi-flo XL WPA from sneakypete with a dry dimpled pipe to great effect. I'm liking tearing off little weed chunks to fill the bowl. Keeps everything cleaner and tastes great 🤤. Thinking of removing the metal screen as the chunks should stay in place with the dimple and the dimpled dry pipe should catch scoobies hopefully.
Here's a shot of the vaped product at 378F for 5min

Last edited:

chillAtGVC

no long stem in with them though? I always found the short stem on the solo2 to be a tad warm for me
I thought that I would find it too hot over 200c but it seems OK to me. @TigoleBitties turned me onto using the WPA with a dimpled or ball filled J-hook. It makes it very pleasant but I feel a bit like Steam Punk Sherlock Holmes using it.

Astedra

Well it happened on 210C, it combusted on session mode, first couple of puffs. Maybe it was a too tight pack.

Astedra,
  • Sad
Reactions: endof3d

Marcus

These units do stink when fired up. Smells like it's the rubber grommet around the top seeing as it is touching the oven.

No smells or funny tastes through an empty stem though, but they maybe need some neutral kind of insulator between oven and grommet.

And mine has a sticker on the back telling me it's a solo 2...with a German address and code on it??? :lol: I think it's just an EU thing for the battery.

But it had a lot of heavy use over the weekend, 75% battery left in the mornings. I've found I like half packing the big bowl and pulling the stem away from the base of the oven, and even full packing the small bowl and pulling that further from the bottom of the oven too. 175*C, session mode. Sip away, very clean taste until the bowl is done.

R1ng0

Well it happened on 210C, it combusted on session mode, first couple of puffs. Maybe it was a too tight pack.
This unit can combust on anything especially if you use the standard size stems as noted they sit too deep in the oven. I have mine at 168 c and it still huge clouds

R1ng0,
Reactions: Astedra
Top Bottom