Arizer Solo 3

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I really like the HiFlo 110mm stem from 420EDC. I use a screen and the airflow is very good. Really huge hits with that stem.
That one looks nice. I've been waiting on a screened hi-flo stem that also has cooling dimples. That'd be nice. If any glassblowers out there are listening....
Anyone.....anyone...
Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

I also got an Ed's Blackwood stem but all I taste is wood. I find it hits really good also and looks so nice....but tastes so bad to me. How you load the stem is also a big factor in airflow restriction.
Oh, that's too bad. I don't like it direct as a mouthpiece bc I find it too hot but it's nice to use it as an unbreakable WPA with a screen as well. 👌

TigoleBitties,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
420EDC has HIFLO WPA's in 14mm and 18mm along with several stems. In the US.
Thanks for this. Got a 110mm curved HiFLO and a 90mm HiFLO stem from 420EDC. Fanfuckingtastic! For native use the HiFLO stems will be getting all the love. I like the restriction in the Arizer WPA it’s perfect for

I’m not on FC very often, but any time I’m thinking about picking up a new vape or after I’ve gotten one I find the community support and information priceless here.

Thanks as always.

PS. I love the Solo III. I’ve given away all my other Arizer products, but this one is a keeper. And it’s the only portable that’s made me put my TM2 on a shelf.

The truth is the III is easier on my hands. I’ve got tendinitis in both hands and holding a button down for on-demand can be a struggle.

Not now. Not with the III. And I’m getting huge rips on-demand at level III & IV. V is for WPA.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just wondering how the reliability is on the Solo 3 given that's it's a new device. I hope it's not like the venty's where people use it for 2 days then get error message.

Haven't seen many reports of defective units, or any errors like that at all really

@beyond6strings my man! Good to see you back here, glad you are enjoying it, yeah the session oriented on demand feature here is just so nice to use, indeed much easier on the hands without a trigger finger! :clap:

chillAtGVC

Expanding on that: If you put your lips around the oven hole (not on a hot vape!) the airflow is very similar to a Venty. There are only five holes in the screen and if the weed is pushed against some / all of the holes the restriction gets proportionally greater. Some people have removed (ground out / broken out) the glass screen and replaced it with a metal screen,

I was wrong. I got the Sneaky Pete High Flo stems today and they barely make any difference at all. There is a huge difference if you suck on the stems when they are not in the Solo 3. But once inserted (with nothing in them) the increase in airflow seems about 5% at best. I took a closer look at the oven and there is a gap between the black gasket (O ring, whatever it is called) and the top of the unit. I think that is where the extra airflow is coming from when I inhale directly from the oven. The useful airflow is coming form four very small holes around the edge of the oven. A stem is not going to change that. But hopefully it will eliminate or reduce the restriction from packing in the weed.

Krokowa

hi friends!
I've got a question for those who've also owned & loved the solo II.
The solo II was my first dry herb vape and still my favorite device overall, I really enjoy its relaxed delivery of vapour and the fantastic terpy taste.
I also own a ball vape, which often would be so overpowered that I'd get lots of anxiety.
Anyway, thing is that currently in my life I only consume herb every other week or so and I prefer keeping my dosage extremely low since I really don't like the anxiety I sometimes got with my ball vape.
Now that the Solo III has released, it's been itching to get the successor to my favorite vape however I'm unsure whether it would be that nice of an upgrade with my consumption patterns or maybe even a downgrade due to it maybe being easier to overdose?
How is the experience with the Solo III for very small sessions of a couple hits & general microdosing?
thank you!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
hi friends!
I've got a question for those who've also owned & loved the solo II.
The solo II was my first dry herb vape and still my favorite device overall, I really enjoy its relaxed delivery of vapour and the fantastic terpy taste.
I also own a ball vape, which often would be so overpowered that I'd get lots of anxiety.
Anyway, thing is that currently in my life I only consume herb every other week or so and I prefer keeping my dosage extremely low since I really don't like the anxiety I sometimes got with my ball vape.
Now that the Solo III has released, it's been itching to get the successor to my favorite vape however I'm unsure whether it would be that nice of an upgrade with my consumption patterns or maybe even a downgrade due to it maybe being easier to overdose?
How is the experience with the Solo III for very small sessions of a couple hits & general microdosing?
thank you!
If you liked Solo 2, you'll love Solo 3 . On demand mode is great for smaller loads, or micro dosing. The taste is :tup:.

RedZep

Seems like using this thing with standard size stem, on demand, basket screen instead of glass screen, loose pack would be the way to go. Would essentially be a more powerful, hybrid TM2.

All the reports of airflow being terrible (deal breaker for me. Nothing worse on a vape) is mainly poor decisions from the producer. Namely going with a 5 hole glass screen, and including XL stems.

RedZep,

Astedra

Seems like using this thing with standard size stem, on demand, basket screen instead of glass screen, loose pack would be the way to go. Would essentially be a more powerful, hybrid TM2.

All the reports of airflow being terrible (deal breaker for me. Nothing worse on a vape) is mainly poor decisions from the producer. Namely going with a 5 hole glass screen, and including XL stems.
Reliability is a deal breaker for me, and I'm used to the AIR SE air flow, won't be a problem. Venty is nice with the open airflow, but it's just not reliable.

Astedra,
Reactions: cosimo

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I’ve been comparing the Solo 3 with my ten year old 2014 Air and thought I’d leave a few impressions for you fine folks.

Right off the bat I’m finding this one is 100% exactly what I expected it to be in every way. As suspected and stated, the convection dominant claims seem rather generous. I honestly think people are mistaking the increased airflow as the device now being convection leaning. I mean technically speaking, more airflow does mean more convection (transport), but most of us on here are thinking of evaporation via hot air when we use the term “convection.”

What it does have is much more power than previous generations. There’s no real recovery time necessary. If I had to make a guess I’d assume the S3 electronics are monitoring the temperature better, applying more power to keep the oven at vaporization temperature. The glass stem could smooth and buffer out that increased thermocouple feedback just like a cold start dab from a quartz banger can buffer a big powerful blowtorch. Obviously the temperature reading is not contacting the glass stem itself, so there’s still some thermal lag in the system, but it’s been minimized pretty well compared to previous generations.

Performance is pretty consistent, like all Arizers it can benefit from a heat soak, especially if you want that extra dense first inhale. But overall it heats up “fast enough.”

The “On Demand” title is perhaps a bit superfluous, having used prefilled cartridges and wax pens for over ten years it’s hard to consider this true on demand as it’s definitely not quite an instantaneous experience, but if you only like to take one hit at a time this usage mode has a role and a place, just adjust your expectations. I’m mostly using session mode on my preset settings of 1 (360F) and 2 (400)

Ease of use is overall pretty great. The menu system itself was a little confusing to me and I had to quickly read the manual to figure out how to access the secondary settings, but after one read most will have the device mastered. The unlock sequence is maybe a bit over the top, for reference I don’t think my Air has ever come on by accident with the simpler power-on sequence.

The vapor itself is extremely beginner friendly, the conduction focus means you can take short puffs and still achieve a satisfying plume. Its definitely not like my TM where you need to really pull some air through to coax a hit. I’ve been sharing with some beginners and smokers and nobody has had any issue at all getting a good hit off the S3.

The vapor is perhaps a little harsher than previous generations but that’s to be expected when inhaling twice as much herb as previously models were capable of. With the classic size bowls I personally find the performance to be typical Arizer portable vapor and nearly identical in overall vapor quality to my legacy Air.

The conduction focus also means the aerosol is fairly tame for a steamroll style direct inject mouthpiece with zero cooling features. Despite zero cooling components, stock for stock right out of the box, when sharing with beginners, the S3 is noticeably easier on the respiratory system than my regarded convection portable.

I would say flavor is right on par with this series of vapes, in my opinion it’s improved over previous takes as you can finish a bowl quicker - for me that means better flavor; but the metal oven that heats the stems has the same potential issue this lineup has always had: if/when any crumbs fall out and contact the hot oven floor they tend to taste charred and burnt, especially at the higher temperature range.

Battery life is fantastic, probably the best of any dry herb device I’ve used. If you’re out of the house a lot it might be worth picking this one up for that reason alone IMHO. The onboard capacity is excellent, but paired with a USBC power pack, I expect the solo 3 would make a great device for camping and extended outdoor exploration even for heavier tolerance users. That said, this is a somewhat large and hefty device for a portable. It’s definitely something I would carry in my backpack, not my pants pocket.

Like every electric portable I’ve used, it doesn’t have desktop power so high tolerance heads take heed; but IMHO for most folks other than the most serious hardcore enthusiasts I imagine it would be sufficient and powerful enough.

Overall I wouldn’t really call this a groundbreaker in innovation but the improvements for the most part are all quite real world useful. Getting “electric anvil” vibes from this one. It’s a solid vape, dudes!

LaCentraleVapeur.com

Retailer
Perfect!

I have been checking your site almost everyday 🙏

Any idea when you guys are gonna have The Flare in stock?

Hello :)
Do you mean The Flare from Ooze? That's not in our plans for now as far as I know.

It would be great if lacentrale would have some eds tnt stems for the solo as they have for the TM2.
anyhow, my favourite vape shop in Europe by far... got my Solo 3 from them nad it is waiting for me at home for when I come back from a trip...really want to come back home to try it with hash

We still have these: https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/vap...e-wooden-mouthpiece-solo-or-air-ed-s-tnt.html
Do you need a specific one?

Sorry for the late reply, we have been a bit busy with moving into our new premises (still in Paris for those who want to know).

LaCentraleVapeur.com,
Reactions: Krokowa

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
So what is the verdict on this? Is the Solo 3 worth getting? I had a Solo 2 and gave it away...will I be happy with the improvements? Some of you are saying that you put your TM2 aside...that is unbelievable! So, the Solo is that awesome? I am hearing lots of nice things about it.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So what is the verdict on this? Is the Solo 3 worth getting? I had a Solo 2 and gave it away...will I be happy with the improvements? Some of you are saying that you put your TM2 aside...that is unbelievable! So, the Solo is that awesome? I am hearing lots of nice things about it.
Hey @Dr. G ! I'm loving it personally. It has become my go-to portable and it actually competes with my desktops around the house. No portable has done that for me before.

Lately I'm loving it as a slow session sipper but it can rip at higher temps as well. I like to use the XL glass WPA with a dry dimpled 14mm hook attached for cooling (see here).

I know you are an AVLP fan like me but this guy has mostly made me retire the AVLP. It does everything the AVLP did but better.

I haven't even explored the on-demand stuff much yet because I'm so satisfied with the session performance right now.

Edit: Oops , that's Ed's African blackwood stem in the post I linked instead of the glass XL WPA but you get the idea 😁

Petetbay

Yes, I think is worth getting and is a big step up from the S2, I’m not a on demand guy and I use it most of the time on the S3, the latent heat in on demand allows you 2-3 more pulls after the heater is off, my TM2 can’t do that.

In reference to the restriction of the glass screened stems, I’ve found using a dome screen in the glass screened stem helps the air flow as the glass screen holes don’t get plugged with herb. In the XL stems I put a glass spacer below the domed screen and find the air flow as good as the hi-flow stems(also works on the Tinymight). Any long Arizer user knows the pop when one or more of the glass screen holes opens up, it just part of the job.

Dr. G

Everything is always promising with this unit...I think I will get one. I am just waiting for some funds...but, I would like to see what all the praise is about. Thank you for your enthusiasm its nice to see. I do love on demand mode...I have a few vapes like this but, its always nice to experience something new and new technology...that is the only reason I got a Venty. But, even though my Venty is working splendidly...I am not sure about it. I lost my confidence in the product. I feel Jurgen needs to repay everyone at least the post fee to return the units that are dead. Anyway, I will get a Solo 3...thanks everyone.

PS Any good coupons or place other than the manufacturer to purchase this one? I am in the USA.

Last edited:

chillAtGVC

Everything is always promising with this unit...I think I will get one. I am just waiting for some funds...but, I would like to see what all the praise is about. Thank you for your enthusiasm its nice to see. I do love on demand mode...I have a few vapes like this but, its always nice to experience something new and new technology...that is the only reason I got a Venty. But, even though my Venty is working splendidly...I am not sure about it. I lost my confidence in the product. I feel Jurgen needs to repay everyone at least the post fee to return the units that are dead. Anyway, I will get a Solo 3...thanks everyone.
I have the Venty and the Solo 3. Get the Solo 3, you will like it. The draw restriction on the Solo is the same as the Venty with the airflow set to 1. I perceive the vapour as denser with the Solo, which I enjoy. I usually use them side by side for a long evening session. They are quite different vapes so it is interesting to me to try the same weed in each. If I am just going to have one, I usually reach for the Solo.

Dr. G

I have the Venty and the Solo 3. Get the Solo 3, you will like it. The draw restriction on the Solo is the same as the Venty with the airflow set to 1. I perceive the vapour as denser with the Solo, which I enjoy. I usually use them side by side for a long evening session. They are quite different vapes so it is interesting to me to try the same weed in each. If I am just going to have one, I usually reach for the Solo.
I will get the Solo 3...I love my TM2. It is going to be wonderful to test it out. Thank you for the encouragement and your thoughts...so, where did you get yours from? Just curious...

chillAtGVC

I will get the Solo 3...I love my TM2. It is going to be wonderful to test it out. Thank you for the encouragement and your thoughts...so, where did you get yours from? Just curious...
I am Canadian so I got my directly from Arizer, no. deals involved.

chillAtGVC,
Reactions: Dr. G

Ipe17

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I am Canadian so I got my directly from Arizer, no. deals involved.
I just randomly searched for a deal and found this deal but I can't speak for the store. Never bought there.

I got mine 20% off at launch which was around $275 CDN but $299 CDN is still a great deal and with the US exchange that's only around $220 US.

I may be biased but I think this is the best vape deal on the market today. Period.

It's about half the price of other heavy hitters like the Venty, TM2, Bowle2 and it comes with a bunch of stems and WPAs too! I love the taste and the versatility.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The TROYTIME coupon is working for 20% off...which is awesome. $275
Happy for you @Dr. G !

I know you're a doctor and all but let me write you a little prescription for when you receive your Solo 😉

Here is my Rx for a nice, relaxed and tasty low temp sesh of about 5-10min depending on how much flower you want to use in the giant XL WPA (my fav!)

- Tear off little weed bits (size of a popcorn kernel roughly) from your fav flower and dump them into the glass bowl. Loose pack but make sure they don't fall out when stem is upside down. Try inhaling through the stem before you load it in the Solo to make sure it's a nice open draw.

- Heat on session mode to 378F. Give a 30s heat soak before the first draw.

-Enjoy! I like to connect the WPA to a dry dimpled pipe but you can use your imagination. Here's a link I posted recently that shows the finished product.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Happy for you @Dr. G !

I know you're a doctor and all but let me write you a little prescription for when you receive your Solo 😉

Here is my Rx for a nice, relaxed and tasty low temp sesh of about 5-10min depending on how much flower you want to use in the giant XL WPA (my fav!)

- Tear off little weed bits (size of a popcorn kernel rougly) from your fav flower and dump them into the glass bowl. Loose pack but make sure they don't fall out when stem is upside down. Try inhaling through the stem before you load to make sure it's a nice open draw.

- Heat on session mode to 378F. Give a 30s heat soak before the first draw.

-Enjoy! I like to connect the WPA to a dry dimpled pipe but you can use your imagination. Here's a link I posted recently that shows the finished product.
I just purchased it directly from Arizer...wow, I am excited!

That is some sound advise!!!!!!!!! I will do as the dr. says. Thank you for the formula...and I will try it. I am truly excited to try this out...and the coupon was a very generous percentage off....making it very reasonable.

Top Bottom