Arizer Solo 3

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Take a look at 420EDC, they've released the entire suite of "Solo 2" stem styles with the larger Solo 3 bowl. The bowl and hole sizing match the XL stems I got from Arizer very closely.
The newer ones have an additional hole on the bottom...I think.

Dr. G,

chillAtGVC

It is not as pretty, but I tried this for the first time last night:

1Pc-Arizer-Solo-2-Accessories-Glass-Tube-Stem-Water-Adapter.jpg_.webp

The glass is thick, about 3mm, and it cools the vapour totally. Even after a longish session it never got above room temperature. So far, I like this much more than my J hooks. It is on the heavy side and makes the Solo tippy. It is definitely not a portable, discrete accessory!

Last edited:

Old Stoner1958

At 420EDC the custom XL stems have 5 holes. I have PHil Botl XL and it cools incredibely well. I also got a HiFlo stem and it has a bowl size not quite as big as the XL but bigger then standard. The Phil Jam also cools incredibely well and it is standard or XL.

chillAtGVC

If anyone is looking for a tamp for the Solo stems, I am really enjoying the Old Head Stir Stick.

Moody

At 420EDC the custom XL stems have 5 holes. I have PHil Botl XL and it cools incredibely well. I also got a HiFlo stem and it has a bowl size not quite as big as the XL but bigger then standard. The Phil Jam also cools incredibely well and it is standard or XL.
Yes, I ordered the pil jam and the botl. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll also give my impressions on both possibly this weekend before I leave for vacation on Mon. Excited to try something new. The included arizer xl stem isnt long enough/cool well enough imho. Ive been using it only through the xl wpa and a bong.

Woolf

Hi!
My solo arrived Minutes ago. It smells so i im starting with a burn out at the moment.
One question : how Do i stop a Session, or how Do i adjust the length of a Session.
The manual is not read able for my old eyes😀
Overall a very nice vaporizer😀

Woolf,
Reactions: bulllee

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Hi!
My solo arrived Minutes ago. It smells so i im starting with a burn out at the moment.
One question : how Do i stop a Session, or how Do i adjust the length of a Session.
The manual is not read able for my old eyes😀
Overall a very nice vaporizer😀
To stop a session you have to hold the middle button down for a couple of seconds. To adjust the session time turn it on session mode and press the outer button then scroll through the menu and choose Auto-off and choose your time.
I'm with you on not being able to read their manual. The paper directions suck ;) . I used this digital manual.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
To stop a session you have to hold the middle button down for a couple of seconds. To adjust the session time turn it on session mode and press the outer button then scroll through the menu and choose Auto-off and choose your time.
I'm with you on not being able to read their manual. The paper directions suck ;) . I used this digital manual.
OMG THANK YOU for posting the manual...now I can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was having an awful time reading the fine print on the hard copy. THANK YOU.

Moody

I love helping out others with this stuff, so here we go. I just received the two stems (PIL Botl and PIL Jam from 420EDC) for the S3. Here is a pic.

Haven't used them yet, but I will tonight and give anyone on the fence about which one they should get a detailed explanation on which I prefer and how it cools etc. I can say already that they fit extremely well. Better than the Arizer stuff, believe it or not. I always have to let the S3 heat up first with the Arizer stems because the fit is really tight. These are tight, sure, but they fit perfectly and you don't feel like you will break them trying to get them in while S3 is off. Definitely better fit than the original stems lol!

I'm not excited that the BOTL comes with an airport, but I'm keeping an open mind and will see how it works out tonight.

gangababa

NOLOGO

hi all!

I've been LOVING my solo 3. It's my go-to for home use. I use the rwater pipe piece 80% of the time, and POTV's longest dimple glass bent stem 20% of the time. I love how long the batteries last. I definitely have less charge-anxiety with this than i do with any of my other batt powered devices.

The only issue I'm having is, what I would call "erratic heat up times" between hits in On Demand mode.
(Mine is from the first batch that shipped, and since then I haven't even tried session mode once haha- I just LOVE 3 taking bingers from the small bowl and being done.

So I have it set to level II, 15sec draw length:

First heat up is at a regular/steady pace, and takes roughly 17 seconds
Second heatup takes 5 seconds
Third time - 24 seconds. It seems to get hung up about at about the 4th bar for most of that extra time)

Has anyone else noticed this? or is mine acting funny? Feels like maybe a firmware thing to me.

And finally, I saw someone a few pages back mention stems that have a groove for a metal screen... is there a vendor selling those?

tia!

NOLOGO,
Reactions: DadaBoo

chillAtGVC

hi all!

I've been LOVING my solo 3. It's my go-to for home use.

I agree. When I bought the Solo 3 I was not expecting it to knock the Venty out of first place!

I saw someone a few pages back mention stems that have a groove for a metal screen... is there a vendor selling those?

You should have gotten some with the Solo, from the list of included parts on Arizer's site: "4 x Air / Solo Stainless Steel Filter Screens"

chillAtGVC,
Reactions: endof3d

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You should have gotten some with the Solo, from the list of included parts on Arizer's site: "4 x Air / Solo Stainless Steel Filter Screens"
I think @NOLOGO is looking for these stems.

Haven't used them yet, but I will tonight and give anyone on the fence about which one they should get a detailed explanation on which I prefer and how it cools etc.
Great stuff! Can't wait to hear.
I'm not excited that the BOTL comes with an airport, but I'm keeping an open mind and will see how it works out tonight.
That's weird. On their site the airport is an option you have to choose from a dropdown menu. Did you not have a choice?

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: NOLOGO

Moody

hi all!

I've been LOVING my solo 3. It's my go-to for home use. I use the rwater pipe piece 80% of the time, and POTV's longest dimple glass bent stem 20% of the time. I love how long the batteries last. I definitely have less charge-anxiety with this than i do with any of my other batt powered devices.

The only issue I'm having is, what I would call "erratic heat up times" between hits in On Demand mode.
(Mine is from the first batch that shipped, and since then I haven't even tried session mode once haha- I just LOVE 3 taking bingers from the small bowl and being done.

So I have it set to level II, 15sec draw length:

First heat up is at a regular/steady pace, and takes roughly 17 seconds
Second heatup takes 5 seconds
Third time - 24 seconds. It seems to get hung up about at about the 4th bar for most of that extra time)

Has anyone else noticed this? or is mine acting funny? Feels like maybe a firmware thing to me.

And finally, I saw someone a few pages back mention stems that have a groove for a metal screen... is there a vendor selling those?

tia

From what you said, I'm wondering if you are expecting the same heat up time each time you use on demand in sucession, 3 times? If I'm not misinterpreting you, then no. It wont be the same heat up time. After your first on demand hits....the second wont take as long because the device is already warmed up and doesnt need as long to heat up. And depending on how long you wait between each time you press on demand will vary how long you have to wait. It doesnt have a fixed/static time for heating each instance, it depends on the current temp and whatever it uses to check the temp - probably some sort of thermostat?

And yes, I have noticed this getting stuck sometimes on the 4th bar or so...its just heating up. I much prefer session though and have only used on demand a few times.

There are a couple vendors selling those stems w screens. Check 420edc and sneakypetes. There may be others, not sure.

Hope this helps.

I think @NOLOGO is looking for these stems.

Great stuff! Can't wait to hear.

That's weird. On their site the airport is an option you have to choose from a dropdown menu. Did you not have a choice?
The botl ONLY comes with an airport. It is not an option. He has a disclaimer on there explaining why.

In the 4th para after the header "DESCRIPTION" it starts out by stating "We will not make this piece without the airport..."

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The botl ONLY comes with an airport. It is not an option. He has a disclaimer on there explaining why.

In the 4th para after the header "DESCRIPTION" it starts out by stating "We will not make this piece without the airport..."
Indeed you are correct sir! I was on the page with the XL Pill jam. My bad.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Moody

Moody

Indeed you are correct sir! I was on the page with the XL Pill jam. My bad.
no worries. I looked for a non airport model because that would be my preference too.

May as well start my impressions of the BOTL here, just heated it up.

First thing I noticed that really surprised me is how well it hits. I'm not closing the airport and WOW is it open and easy to hit and you still are pulling a decent amount of vapor. Super cool hits also still at 400F. Yeah, was not expecting that much vapor with wide open port...and also the rate of flow is really fast for what you are expecting (still use Solo2Max from time to time which is improved from 2, but wow Solo 3 is a vast improvement on flow, rate of extraction (double chamber size and extra hole + you get twice as stoned? well you will def have more THC and terps hitting you.

Ok, so closing the airport flow, still hits really nice and WOW again very pleased with how it is cooling AND the airflow restriction is better than I expected.

I'm really liking the BOTL (and nooo, it's not just because I am really fucking stoned). I'm starting to think this is way easier than the bong ( and the cooling difference isn't really noticeable). If I wanted to be really critical I'd say the bong was able to do maybe 10-15 percent better at cooling. I finished the entire XL bowl and didnt feel any real irritation yet which is way better than the Arizer XL stem. I mean 100x better than that. This makes me want to use it instead of the bong. It's easier with basically the same results. The coolest thing is the form factor. That is what kills the bong for me. This is so much easier since the only thing to handle is the Solo 3. This becomes part of it.

I read that they recommend keeping it cleaned frequently. I have a tub of iso where I drop most of my glass right after use and just let it sit until next use. Because of their warning, I decided best to get two stems to trade out into the iso.

I'll try the jam next. Really like this botl. it will replace the xl wpa+bong.

Moody

I tried the Pil Jam last night after two bowls of the Botl, so I wouldnt consider last night a good test case for it.

Regardless, I'd rather have the Botl if i had to pick only one. Thats my first impressions/preference. Botl seems to cool better plus has different ways to hit with an airport vs the Jam. For my tastes/usage, the Jam is a really effective slow sipper and that is it. If you are just looking for an upgrade over the arizer stem w same functionality, you should be very happy w it.

I'll try using the Jam first tonight and compare throat irrItation w the Botl. Again, I feel like overall the Botl performed as well as the XL WPA+bong. Or let me put it this way, well enough to stop bothering w the bong setup. Thats the main takeaway. This will be my default set up w the S3.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I tried the Pil Jam last night after two bowls of the Botl, so I wouldnt consider last night a good test case for it.

Regardless, I'd rather have the Botl if i had to pick only one. Thats my first impressions/preference. Botl seems to cool better plus has different ways to hit with an airport vs the Jam. For my tastes/usage, the Jam is a really effective slow sipper and that is it. If you are just looking for an upgrade over the arizer stem w same functionality, you should be very happy w it.

I'll try using the Jam first tonight and compare throat irrItation w the Botl. Again, I feel like overall the Botl performed as well as the XL WPA+bong. Or let me put it this way, well enough to stop bothering w the bong setup. Thats the main takeaway. This will be my default set up w the S3.
Hey thanks for the great write-up!

I wanted to ask why you make comparisons of the Botl and the Jam to a WPA+bong exclusively? A water setup is generally more work and less portable so it's understandable why you might want to hit the Solo differently but have you considered WPA + any dry pipe of your choice that accepts male 14mm?

If you've got a sherlock with dimples or even just just a plain one, I suggest you try it if you haven't already. I've been enjoying a 14mm hook from GVB as well as a 18mm dhgate job with a reducer. Hitting the Solo inverted also helps with keeping the oven clean.

NOLOGO

From what you said, I'm wondering if you are expecting the same heat up time each time you use on demand in sucession, 3 times? If I'm not misinterpreting you, then no. It wont be the same heat up time. After your first on demand hits....the second wont take as long because the device is already warmed up and doesnt need as long to heat up. And depending on how long you wait between each time you press on demand will vary how long you have to wait. It doesnt have a fixed/static time for heating each instance, it depends on the current temp and whatever it uses to check the temp - probably some sort of thermostat?

And yes, I have noticed this getting stuck sometimes on the 4th bar or so...its just heating up. I much prefer session though and have only used on demand a few times.

There are a couple vendors selling those stems w screens. Check 420edc and sneakypetes. There may be others, not sure.

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the detailed response about the on demand heat up times... in my testing I did the heat ups back to back, with almost no cool-down time. Doesn't make sense to me why it can take 24 seconds to heat up immediately after taking 5 seconds to heat to the same temp, with almost zero cool-down time.

(it's not a huge deal, but I've turned off the incessant beeping, so I MUST rely on waiting for the bars to reach the top to know when it's time to hit. Just a weird hang up while heating that my V3pro never exhibits when I use it in on demand mode)

NOLOGO,
Reactions: Moody
Top Bottom