Arizer Solo 3

Marcus

420EDC has 18mm GonGs with the XL bowl along with a selection of other stems that match the Solo2 selection. So you could ditch 14mm-18mm adapter.

As an aside, the 420EDC XL stems match actually Arizer ones on bowl and screen hole size, glass thickness and fitment.
Thanks, but I'm in the UK so it's a bit of a pain getting stuff here.

Marcus,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
highly recommend using the WPA as a bowl and hitting the Solo while it's upside down. This way you don't have to worry about any little bits coming loose and hitting the bottom of the oven, ruining the taste.

I agree, the only other thing to keep in mind though is potentially vapor could rise up into the unit, hard to confirm, could happen anyway with it right side up, but avoiding any crumbs is very nice especially if you pack looser... I am also getting a WPA from Good Vibes Boro though that is 18 mm with pinches to hold a flat screen, and it is just slightly narrower than a stock stem, so I will be able to easily remove it quickly and fully clear my hits regardless of session or on demand mode, the Solo will slide right off and the WPA has a handle to hold too (GVB is dropping solo stems along with other stuff to the shop on 7/10 with a 20% off sale)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I agree, the only other thing to keep in mind though is potentially vapor could rise up into the unit, hard to confirm, could happen anyway with it right side up
Yeah. I've thought about this too. I would think the amount is negligible? Once a week, as the Solo is cooling down, I'll swab it with a q-tip and some iso while holding it upside down. I used to do this with the AVLP as well.

I would hope that any tiny amounts of condensate that collect up there might be dissolved by swabbing the nooks and crannies around the four air-intakes at the bottom of the oven. I've tried to keep mine looking spotless. The Solo has really no other maintenance required luckily. Just cleaning the stems.

Edit: Would be interesting to open up the Solo after some use to look inside and check for any resin accumulation anywhere.

Anyone? ... Anyone?... Buehler? 😂

Shit Snacks

Yeah. I've thought about this too. I would think the amount is negligible? Once a week, as the Solo is cooling down, I'll swab it with a q-tip and some iso while holding it upside down. I used to do this with the AVLP as well.

I would hope that any tiny amounts of condensate that collect up there might be dissolved by swabbing the nooks and crannies around the four air-intakes at the bottom of the oven. I've tried to keep mine looking spotless. The Solo has really no other maintenance required luckily. Just cleaning the stems.

Edit: Would be interesting to open up the Solo after some use to look inside and check for any resin accumulation anywhere.

Anyone? ... Anyone?... Buehler? 😂

Yeah I don't think you're going to see it there though, I don't think vapor can condense against hot surfaces like that metal plate, so anything I'm talking about is not possible to be cleaned or even seen without tearing down, it is a theoretical concern only! lol

Given that the display invert for use with a water piece, I hope that Arizer already took this into consideration.

I think they did that because they know how people like to use it and including the WPA etc, I honestly don't think any manufacturer takes it into consideration, inside of vapes are often filthy without any way to clean

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah I don't think you're going to see it there though, I don't think vapor can condense against hot surfaces like that metal plate, so anything I'm talking about is not possible to be cleaned or even seen without tearing down, it is a theoretical concern only! lol
Yeah, good point. Good thing we can find out if we really want to with a teardown. I'm not losing any sleep. lol
I think they did that because they know how people like to use it and including the WPA etc, I honestly don't think any manufacturer takes it into consideration, inside of vapes are often filthy without any way to clean
Yeah, could be. Hard to say either way.

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20240710-131422.png

Shit Snacks

Hmmm I guess no one requested in advance that XL stems be made?? I feel like there's a good chance these hold more than the regular stem bowl size however, with the flat steel mesh screen on the spikes instead of the four holes on flat disc... Perhaps @GoodVibesBoro can confirm though???

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hmmm I guess no one requested in advance that XL stems be made?? I feel like there's a good chance these hold more than the regular stem bowl size however, with the flat steel mesh screen on the spikes instead of the four holes on flat disc... Perhaps @GoodVibesBoro can confirm though???
Yeah I was thinking the same... that they're probably a bit larger than the original. It'd be nice to know...

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
Yeah I was thinking the same... that they're probably a bit larger than the original. It'd be nice to know...
They are a tiny bit bigger than the regular sized bowls but not by much! I can’t get the bowl size bigger using spikes to hold the screens unfortunately because the indents will effect where the stem meets the O ring on the vape if I indent higher up on the stems. I feel this bowl size I’m making is pretty ideal for even heating though!

Shit Snacks

Oh yeah that makes sense, since you need the spikes to hold the flat screen, the XL bowls do have the glass screen right up at the edge there... Anyway I agree, I used the regular size bowl much more personally, so just a little larger than that should be perfect for me at least! Perhaps you could make fully straight stems without any pinch for a flat screen, people would then have to source their own basket screens to fit securely...? Regardless I am looking forward to my quick removal color handle WPA :tup:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
They are a tiny bit bigger than the regular sized bowls but not by much! I can’t get the bowl size bigger using spikes to hold the screens unfortunately because the indents will effect where the stem meets the O ring on the vape if I indent higher up on the stems. I feel this bowl size I’m making is pretty ideal for even heating though!
Ok I think I understand. I'm pretty new to glass but you mean the indents cause a weak point in the glass so it's not wise to have it near where the stem meets the top of the oven near the o-ring.... for possible easy breakage?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Dr. G

Shit Snacks

Ok I think I understand. I'm pretty new to glass but you mean the indents cause a weak point in the glass so it's not wise to have it near where the stem meets the top of the oven near the o-ring.... for possible easy breakage?

No I don't think that's what he meant at all? It's about getting a good seal and having those spikes where it would meet the o-ring would have it not fit well, that's weak point

Shit Snacks,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
No I don't think that's what he meant at all? It's about getting a good seal and having those spikes where it would meet the o-ring would have it not fit well, that's weak point
Ok. So those spikes cause the stem to not be so uniformly round at that point... so poor seal?

TigoleBitties,

Shit Snacks

Ok. So those spikes cause the stem to not be so uniformly round at that point... so poor seal?

Yep not smooth all around, so potentially poor seal, but not as secure, wobbly, perhaps some extra breakage risk that way (though I don't think that is the primary issue) as there are indents that take up too much of the outer surface area since it isn't that big of a stem diameter... He should be able to make plain ones in the future that will work with basket screens instead, although those will have to be sourced, ones with secure fit, they would allow for any size load then...

Ipe17

Should I assume the high flow XL stems from Sneaky Pete do not seal properly because of the indents?
I was planning on getting something like that...

Ipe17,

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Every piece I have fits fine...I have glass from Goodvibes for every one of my different units and they all fit snug and not wobbly...I am very careful with the glass because I break things very easily...

What I hope he makes in the future are water bong ones...that is what I would like as well. I did pick up one today from his site...they all look so amazing. I am using the ones that come with the Arizer which I think are pretty awesome as well.

Last edited:

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
Should I assume the high flow XL stems from Sneaky Pete do not seal properly because of the indents?
I was planning on getting something like that...
As long as the indents aren’t where the O ring seals to the stem for the air tight seal they should be fine!

Every piece I have fits fine...I have glass from Goodvibes for every one of my different units and they all fit snug and not wobbly...I am very careful with the glass because I break things very easily...

What I hope he makes in the future are water bong ones...that is what I would like as well. I did pick up one today from his site...they all look so amazing. I am using the ones that come with the Arizer which I think are pretty awesome as well.
Thanks a lot! I’ll definitely make some WPA stems soon!

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Thanks a lot! I’ll definitely make some WPA stems soon!
I wish I could buy them all...everyone is perfect and a work of art. Thank you for always giving us such amazing drops. We are truly spoiled with you. Actually you are a big part of why I love my TM and the glass collection. The most beautiful glass are the ones I purchased from you. Thank you for all the fun you have provided me.

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
I wish I could buy them all...everyone is perfect and a work of art. Thank you for always giving us such amazing drops. We are truly spoiled with you. Actually you are a big part of why I love my TM and the glass collection. The most beautiful glass are the ones I purchased from you. Thank you for all the fun you have provided me.
I really appreciate that it means a lot! 👊

Top Bottom