Arizer Solo 3

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I just purchased it directly from Arizer...wow, I am excited!

That is some sound advise!!!!!!!!! I will do as the dr. says. Thank you for the formula...and I will try it. I am truly excited to try this out...and the coupon was a very generous percentage off....making it very reasonable.
You're so welcome! Excited for you to try it.

I gave you this prescription because I remember how tasty little flower nuggets could be in the AVLP back in the day so this is a similar experience but the S3 heater is so much bigger/stronger/faster and the bowl size is so large that the experience is just magnified so nicely!

For ground material, I like temp stepping in the 338, 348, 358F range but for little nuggets I keep it around 378F.

You'll have a lot of fun discovering the on-demand modes too. I'm just now figuring out how I like to use them.

TigoleBitties,

McSheamus

Dr. G

Old Resident
So, hours ago I paid for the Solo 3 with my Apple card...and not an email or anything. The payment went through...but, isn't it strange not to receive an email?

EDIT I just looked at my SPAM folder and the receipt was there!!!!!!!!!! YAY...so far, so great.

RedZep

If you use a high flow stem. Something with no glass screen. Normal sized load, loose tamp, would you get airflow similar to the TM2?

I'm wandering just hot much you can combat the supposed restriction.

RedZep,

chillAtGVC

If you use a high flow stem. Something with no glass screen. Normal sized load, loose tamp, would you get airflow similar to the TM2?

I have never used the TM2 so I can't compare. I think that the restriction comes from the oven air inlet holes, not from the stem. The four inlet holes are smaller than the five holes in a standard XL stem. You can make it worse by jamming in too much of a load, but you can't make it better.

The restriction is much less than the FireFly and much, much more than a wide open Venty. The Venty on air flow setting 1 is very close to the Solo 3. I don't find it unpleasantly hard to draw, unlike the FireFly which was too much effort for my tastes.

Pukka

With either the 14 or 18mm PlanetHaze short turbo bowl (~1/2 the size of the OG bowl w/gauze screen) on a bong hits similarly to a ball vape. One hit and done. No, it isn't replacing my ZX but properly packed the drag is quite similar. Same with the Ed's TNT wood stems w/gauze screens.

I haven't experimented de-screening the regular 14mm GonGs yet. If you compare the OG and 2X GonG bowls the portion that is "in" the oven are both ~ the same size. I think the OG bowl screens can be removed, replaced with a gauze screen (than fits near the bottom of the oven) creating a faux XL GonG

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Not really, the glass stems are narrower here so that limits air flow as well as the air intake path, TM has many more larger intake holes, and it is a very different beast really

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Not really, the glass stems are narrower here so that limits air flow as well as the air intake path, TM has many more larger intake holes, and it is a very different beast really
Thanks. Yeah I don't think I could get away with this one. I have to be careful with air restriction. Too much gives me really bad jaw pain.

Seems a great vape. I hope you all enjoy it :)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks. Yeah I don't think I could get away with this one. I have to be careful with air restriction. Too much gives me really bad jaw pain.

Seems a great vape. I hope you all enjoy it :)
Thanks. It's really quite a nice vape.

I realize draw restriction is relative for most people. I used the XL bowl with a 5 hole glass screen that came with the Solo when I first got it and I found the draw quite wide open. I just inhale direct-to-lung and it seems pretty effortless. The bowl is huge so a loose pack is easy whether it's ground flower or little nuggets and it's really nice.

I also ordered a screened XL WPA and it's even more open but I didn't find it that much of a difference? It feels more open but I think it'd be hard to tell in a blind test.

I just now shared an XL bowl with four friends who don't own their own vapes and no one complained that it was tough to pull.

Do you have TMJ? I know someone who does and jaw pain can be a bitch. Just my opinion but I don't think the solo is restricted.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: endof3d

chillAtGVC

I also ordered a screened XL WPA and it's even more open but I didn't find it that much of a difference? It feels more open but I think it'd be hard to tell in a blind test.
I came to that same conclusion. The restriction looks to be the four perimeter air inlets around the bottom of the oven. That said, I find it very satisfying to use.

RedZep

Thanks. It's really quite a nice vape.

I realize draw restriction is relative for most people. I used the XL bowl with a 5 hole glass screen that came with the Solo when I first got it and I found the draw quite wide open. I just inhale direct-to-lung and it seems pretty effortless. The bowl is huge so a loose pack is easy whether it's ground flower or little nuggets and it's really nice.

I just now shared an XL bowl with four friends who don't own their own vapes and no one complained that it was tough to pull.

Do you have TMJ? I know someone who does and jaw pain can be a bitch. Just my opinion but I don't think the solo is restricted.
Hi yes I have TMJ. It's so easily triggered. I've had to sell quite a few vapes in the past due to them triggering the pain. Honestly if Solo 3 is more restricted than TM2 then it doesn't make sense for me. I guess "restricted" is a relative term, and for me I am very sensitive to it.

My current line up are all wide open in restriction. I even half pack my ZX bowl to increase airflow so that it feels like I'm breathing. I need to be able to just breathe with my lungs, without activating jaw muscles to suck.

Ipe17

So, I finally got to try my new Solo 3 and I have to say I really like it. It is all I wanted it to be, but that is just my personal opinion.

As much as I like it, I understand there will be people that would not like it. It is way more restricted than a Venty. In my experience they are completely different vapes.

One of the things I like the most is that it vapes traditional hash really well not even going over 200C.

As mentioned by other users, my unit had a machine smell that did not fade much with some burn outs at highest temp. It is fading though through usage and I am not very worried abut it.

Also, my unit gets quite hot with continuous usage, which I guess is normal given the power of the oven…

And for me, it is more conduction than convection (which was also discussed here).

I don’t like the user interface, but I will get used to it.

All in all, it is going to be my daily driver, I really like the experience with it, and I will sell my Venty. But I can see why other people would prefer other vapes.

And….Now I need to buy one of those Eds TNT stems

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

A perfectly clean TM2 has more open airflow, but once they start getting used/ dirty I find the solo tends to have the better airflow as the glass screen stems are super easy to keep the holes unclogged compared to a mesh screen + cooling unit.

I don’t have my TM2 with me right now but I’m pretty sure the bowls are the same size, 12MM internal diameter. It’s just the sidewalls of the glass that are thicker on the TM.

The stock screens in the TM2 in the CU are quite small, like 10 or 11MM.

IMHO these stem style vapes all have a common shared issue regarding airflow which is that when using native they like a bit of a tamp to keep the load situated well in the stem, I find that’s where the airflow bottleneck tends to occur. The airflow is pretty comfortable when loaded just right. It’s more important to tamp/pack perfectly in the solo though, as herb can char if it falls out and touches the oven floor. Not really an issue with the TM as it’s convection driven.

Also, my unit gets quite hot with continuous usage, which I guess is normal given the power of the oven…

I forgot to mention this in my impressions but mine gets very hot as well. A lot better than my TM, but still really hot.

Another observation is I feel like the stems are harder to clean on the Solo 3 than prior generations. I used to just clean them with isopropyl, but these new ones seem like they need to be cleaned like a banger, to pull baked on chazzed carbon off the bowl. The very bottom of the bowl in particular seems a bit stubborn.

Ipe17

Ipe17,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5
OT @invertedisdead Know you've been kicking around some ideas for your next project for the community. Any further thoughts on the potential of creating a medical grade, black zirconia ceramic stem that has the ability to hold cooling balls for the Solo/Air? The durability alone is a sell for those of us that glass doesn't survive our clumsiness very long, let alone all the other inherit benefits of zirconia.

With so many Arizer portables in the wild seems the demand for a unique, rugged stem would be substantial. If other FC members agree let our talented friend know.
Original DV concept by invertedead - Imagine what a Arizer stem could be?
stem.png

TheScamericann

OT @invertedisdead Know you've been kicking around some ideas for your next project for the community. Any further thoughts on the potential of creating a medical grade, black zirconia ceramic stem that has the ability to hold cooling balls for the Solo/Air? The durability alone is a sell for those of us that glass doesn't survive our clumsiness very long, let alone all the other inherit benefits of zirconia.

With so many Arizer portables in the wild seems the demand for a unique, rugged stem would be substantial. If other FC members agree let our talented friend know.
Original DV concept by invertedead - Imagine what a Arizer stem could be?
stem.png
Agree with this right here! More durable arizer stems would be ideal. An azizer stem that holds rubbies for cooling would be perfect for the solo 3's new on demand mode.

SatanLovestoVape

WOW! I’ve been using my Solo 3 for the past week and loving every minute of it so far. I remember using the Solo 1 I bought on eBay for $80 back in the day. I thought it was the bee’s knees back in 2013. 11 years later, the Arizer company has created a perfect vaporizer with the Solo 3. It has a 5-second heat-up time, nice steam, and is a great product. The Solo 1 was like sucking a milkshake through a straw, but the Solo 3 is like sucking air through a straw. Times have changed. I have always loved Arizer products. I feel they are always trying to compete with Storz & Bickel. In my opinion, Arizer has matched S&B products. I highly recommend the Solo 3 to anyone who has used a Mighty or Crafty in the past; it beats them in flavor, durability, and fun. It makes me excited to see if Arizer comes up with a new desktop soon. Maybe a nice alternative to a Volcano Hybrid. An Extreme Q 3 next, perhaps?

SatanLovestoVape,
Reactions: cosimo

Astedra

Jut got it yesterday, this morning it payed for itself by having the large XL stem, in 2 bowls I could medicate faster then other vapes. On demand mode is interesting.

Astedra,
Top Bottom