Arizer Solo 3

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Put in my order today.

Got tempted by the FW9, but the easy cleaning on the solo 3 and not needing to fuck around carrying and remembering to charge extra batteries to last a day trip is what sold me.

Any tips to help me hit the ground running?
Congrats!
Lots of good info in this thread that's not too long yet. I've tried to throw my tips and experience in here where I can.

PrematureEvaporation

Congrats!
Lots of good info in this thread that's not too long yet. I've tried to throw my tips and experience in here where I can.
I’ve been having a look, there’s definitely some good stuff here.

So far it seems like the XL stem is a bit hit and miss? I’ll probably stick with the regular one anyway.

And of course, if the stem is feeling restricted it’s over packed. I feel I’ll work out the right way to pack it pretty fast

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I’ve been having a look, there’s definitely some good stuff here.

So far it seems like the XL stem is a bit hit and miss? I’ll probably stick with the regular one anyway.

And of course, if the stem is feeling restricted it’s over packed. I feel I’ll work out the right way to pack it pretty fast
Yeah, if you can inhale freely through the stem before putting it in the Solo you're good.

I really like SneakyPete's XL WPA with screen and Ed's (TnT) wooden Solo stem (unbreakable but not quite XL size, I use it as a WPA). Better airflow on both of these but the 5 hole Arizer XL WPA is pretty decent too.

These WPAs become like a capsule system for me on the go. Fill them up and cap them, then choose whatever 14mm cooling stem you want to roll with.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Had it been determined what type of glass is used for those pearls? I really do not like the idea of that many tiny balls in a stem as for me personally they seem really annoying to deal with, not just for cleaning, but quickly clogging up air flow and robbing actives
Totally agree. Only work properly if cleaned after every use in my experience and they negatively affect airflow in both of my Solos and all of my Sticky Bricks

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can anyone confirm the OD on the glass stems?

I have my Arizers with me but not any good measuring equipment at the moment, just a ruler; so I’m not exactly sure if it’s 14MM or a touch larger.

Thanks friends 😄

invertedisdead,

Vurgs

I was surprised to receive my Solo 3 today after ordering it yesterday, and all I have to say coming from only using a Dynavap + IH, and the only other portable experience is coming from a buddies Mighty +... The solo 3 is amazing. I am now in search of a nice carrying case and bag that would hold the stems and maybe my grinder while also having room for the Solo 3, If anyone knows any cases please lmk :)

dudeguy

So the 80% convection claims from Arizer are just a marketing blurb and in truth the Solo 3 has more meaningful conduction capabilities? Because for me that would be a strong argument to get one over the Tempest I have been considering for a long time. I currently have an old Mighty and TM1 which are okay but my most used vape is still my shabby old Dynavap because the high feels just more enjoyable to me. Would a Solo 3 be a good choice in that case?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So the 80% convection claims from Arizer are just a marketing blurb and in truth the Solo 3 has more meaningful conduction capabilities? Because for me that would be a strong argument to get one over the Tempest I have been considering for a long time. I currently have an old Mighty and TM1 which are okay but my most used vape is still my shabby old Dynavap because the high feels just more enjoyable to me. Would a Solo 3 be a good choice in that case?
Yeah. That's just marketing.

The Solo has quite a bit of conduction and you can sort of control it via heat soaking and altering the depth of the stem in the unit (lifting it up off the bottom allows more convection). There is a good amount of conduction from the hot, thick glass stems though and you will like the fact that it does give you that stony/body effect.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yep all relative to how you use it, but it is a session style hybrid, with more than plenty of conduction, so yeah that percentage is inaccurate and largely meaningless imo

vpr85

Yep all relative to how you use it, but it is a session style hybrid, with more than plenty of conduction, so yeah that percentage is inaccurate and largely meaningless imo

I don't fully agree with this assessment... but I'm not properly educated about thermodynamics so I don't have a professional rebuttal. Agreed its definitely a hybrid, and agreed there's a significant amount of conduction at play, but I think it's wrong to dismiss the claims about convection. the glass inherently mitigates conduction, and the device's ability to keep up and continue to pump out thick vapor while I'm ripping it on my 18" bong suggests a high amount of convection heating. If it was mostly conduction there's no way the vapor could keep pumping out like it does on this vape!!!! edit: my train of thought being that fresh air would deplete conduction heat faster than it can be replenished :shrug:

Last edited:

dudeguy

Yeah. That's just marketing.

The Solo has quite a bit of conduction and you can sort of control it via heat soaking and altering the depth of the stem in the unit (lifting it up off the bottom allows more convection). There is a good amount of conduction from the hot, thick glass stems though and you will like the fact that it does give you that stony/body effect.

Sweet, thanks that put the Solo 3 on top of my list :D

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I don't fully agree with this assessment... but I'm not properly educated about thermodynamics so I don't have a professional rebuttal. Agreed its definitely a hybrid, and agreed there's a significant amount of conduction at play, but I think it's wrong to dismiss the claims about convection. the glass inherently mitigates conduction, and the device's ability to keep up and continue to pump out thick vapor while I'm ripping it on my 18" bong suggests a high amount of convection heating. If it was mostly conduction there's no way the vapor could keep pumping out like it does on this vape!!!! edit: my train of thought being that fresh air would deplete conduction heat faster than it can be replenished :shrug:
Yes, in general glass is a good insulator but if you surround a small glass tube with a high temperature circular oven then that small surface are gets pretty raging hot. Even though the glass itself may take a while to reach oven temp, it's more about vapor pressure and it's relationship with temperature.

At a higher temperature, more (THC) molecules have enough energy to escape from solid->liquid->gas. Even a moderate amount of conduction can more easily coax vapor from your flower. I would say a Solo stem that has heat soaked about 30s has quite a good deal of conduction happening through the glass.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Haha nor am I, but I'm not dismissing convection claims at all, if you look at my previous posts here early on, I made that pretty clear? I just think the percentage is meaningless and inaccurate, as in my mind it is simply a session hybrid regardless

vpr85

@stickstones started a thread in 2017 about convective properties of Arizer portables that some of you might find interesting.:2c:

:peace:

thanks for linking this! based on this, and Arizer is saying the convection in the 3 is increased, and my experiences as mentioned hitting my s3 through my 18" bong, I believe there is a significant convection aspect in the s3 oven :clap:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I wonder in long term use if you'll eventually need to open the device and clean that bottom chamber under the heater, also shame what seems like a solder on battery.
Agreed on both counts. I use the Solo inverted so it should prevent weed bits but not any resin that might build up over time. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it though.

It wasn't clear to me whether solder was confirmed but yeah, that sucks. Guess it won't be as easy to replace the battery pack yourself which is a departure from previous Solos. Not a fan. 😒

dudeguy

I wonder in long term use if you'll eventually need to open the device and clean that bottom chamber under the heater, also shame what seems like a solder on battery.

Yes that made me a bit worried too. Opening it up to clean seems like a massive hassle and a high chance to ruin the device. Not sure how big of a problem resign buildup there is though. Would it "only" impact taste and function or could it even become unhealthy over time.

Top Bottom