Arizer Solo 3

Petetbay

How important are the "high airflow" stems?
Not that important especially when using the S3 other models like the S2, AirMac and S2Max gain more benefit, but a lot of people complain the draw restriction and herb leakage with the glass screens so it’s a option that is available for users. I run my stems off the bottom for more convection effect until the last few draws to max out the bowl. The hi-flow stem works better in this scenario.
Did anyone try with "old" PVHES stems?
Yes, like I said less benefit with the S3. No XL bowls and is only available now in the Shorty configuration with 30% smaller bowl.
I happen to think the least expensive option is the stock glass and a pre-existing J-hook or U-hook.
Sure each to his/her own. I still love my dimpled bent stems, though I would like a XL bowl version.
Is there any reason that we "need" the extra cannabis in the xl stem?
It’s not a “need” so much as a “want” and I want the bigger bowl, it’s a very nice option. XL bowl works in the other Arizers as well which is nice and I don’t have any ”need” for a smaller bowl like the Shorty, but some people take advantage of low dose bowls. That’s preference, not everyone is the same.
Couldn't you just use a standard stem/WPA twice?
Sure, but takes twice as long. Do what you want.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
How important are the "high airflow" stems?
For me, I do notice they are more open and easier to draw on. Not a ton but noticeable and worth it for me. And as mentioned before, they are better at keeping flower bits from getting to your mouthpiece.
Did anyone try with "old" PVHES stems?
Nope
I happen to think the least expensive option is the stock glass and a pre-existing J-hook or U-hook.
Yep. Works great right out of the box, which is nice. Some will always prefer to upgrade though.
Is there any reason that we "need" the extra cannabis in the xl stem?
As already mentioned, you can load a smaller bowl in the XL stem if you like with nice effects. The XL bowl has been nice for me for two reasons. It's nice to have a large bowl when sharing with others, and sometimes it's nice to have a really long session without reloading.
Couldn't you just use a standard stem/WPA twice?
Reloading while stoned just isn't as nice...

chillAtGVC

For me, I do notice they are more open and easier to draw on. Not a ton but noticeable and worth it for me. And as mentioned before, they are better at keeping flower bits from getting to your mouthpiece.
It is definitely noticeable. The oven itself has draw restriction so no stem is going to give you Venty-like wide open air flow. The 4/5 holes in the stock stems are pretty easy to cover with bits of weed. The high-flow stems avoid this to a large extent. I have not used a stock stem since I got the high flow ones. They do however seem less sturdy. I've broken two so far while the Arizer stems have been dropped on hard surfaces with no damage. The increased air flow makes this worthwhile to me.

Reloading while stoned just isn't as nice...

LOL. That is one way of describing it.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I usually load a few stems at the same time, and then reloading is actually really nice... super quick, super easy, and straight back to flavortown :drool:
Well. Ok ... to each his own I guess. I can see how reloading can be fairly fast. But I'm a super lazy stoner 😂.

In my mind I did this calculation:

I could have "flavor ... pause ... flavor" or "flavor flavor".

I'll take "flavor flavor" for $20USD. And if I want, I can still use it to do flavor... pause...flavor if I like. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Tji89

Reloading with WPA while hot is harder because there's nowhere to grip on the hot glass. Can ofc use something between fingers and glass. But the longer stem one can just blow the AVB right out, on the WPA you also have to use a digger out or kiss the dragon.

sickmanfraud

I could have "flavor ... pause ... flavor" or "flavor flavor".

I'll take "flavor flavor" for $20USD. And if I want, I can still use it to do flavor... pause...flavor if I like. 🤷‍♂️

What temps are you using for Flavor? Speed?

Does the Solo 3 have draw resistance compared to the Solo II? Air Max?

Astedra

Sorry to be jumping in the convo, just putting my 2 cents in. The draw resistance is better then the solo 2, but it's still there, the vapor also gets a little hot toward the end, but I compare it to a joint. It's not a deal breaker for me. On the plus side 2 batteries, 2 size bowls, better reliability then S&B products. (Son of a B*** company). Also the vapor production is great.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
What temps are you using for Flavor? Speed?
Right now my presets are set for 338F, 358F and 378F

I find around 338F is great for flavor. 358F is still tasty but the session is faster, and 378F would be for a speed session.
Does the Solo 3 have draw resistance compared to the Solo II? Air Max?
Sorry, I can't help there. Never owned those. I've had the OG Solo and an Argo as other Arizer products. I don't find the S3 has much draw resistance at all if you pack the stems loosely. If you can draw easily through the stem before putting it in the oven then you're good.

Petetbay

Petetbay,
Reactions: endof3d

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Screenshot-20240827-120224.png

Meant to share this earlier, GVB finished my loose fit WPA, with ozone color horn handle
Screenshot-20240827-120051.png

And I received it (and one for TM) yesterday! So far working very well, it actually does fit pretty snug, particularly when cold, though it loosens up with the heat even more, easy to remove the solo from the stem by holding the horn down in the joint of the rig or hook... Airflow does seem improved, and the bowl size is solid, although I plan to see if I can fit a flat screen in there to test instead of the basket (I kind of think that could be better for more conduction pack fine grind as I like with S3, but as is this seems pretty great for maximizing more convection, using on demand mode with low temps, a bit to get started, was quite nice through water!)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi there,
After months of use and enjoyment, I've made a custom leather case for the solo3, a protective skin that gives your device that special touch.
Made from full-grain vegetable-tanned leather and hand-dyed by me. Seamless design, easy on/off thanks to 3 back snaps.
I can do more in colors of your choice (dm)

The next step is to grab a custom stem from our artisans

chillAtGVC

Does anyone else have problems with double clicking the left-right buttons? I often can't get them to function to raise the temperature and fall back to the middle button and then select the temperature. Of course the buttons work just fine then. I've tried clicking faster, slower, a bit to ether side, a bit up and down etc.

chillAtGVC,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Does anyone else have problems with double clicking the left-right buttons? I often can't get them to function to raise the temperature and fall back to the middle button and then select the temperature. Of course the buttons work just fine then. I've tried clicking faster, slower, a bit to ether side, a bit up and down etc.
Occasionally a double click won't work for me but it's rare. I haven't figured out whether this is user error yet or a tiny glitch. I would try a couple of things.

1) You didn't mention anything about varying the strength of your button pushes. You could try pressing the buttons a bit more firmly - nothing crazy hard - but perhaps harder than you've been doing. Try varying the click speed and position once again while pressing more firmly.

2) I suspect that clicks sometimes fail when you've been vaping for a while and the Solo display goes to sleep and becomes less bright. Maybe try pressing the middle button once to "wake it up" and then try double clicking left or right.

Just some thoughts. Hope this helps.

Hi there,
After months of use and enjoyment, I've made a custom leather case for the solo3, a protective skin that gives your device that special touch.
Made from full-grain vegetable-tanned leather and hand-dyed by me. Seamless design, easy on/off thanks to 3 back snaps.
I can do more in colors of your choice (dm)

The next step is to grab a custom stem from our artisans
I really like the look but is there any chance that with time and wear, the Solo might just slide right out of the case due to the leather stretching? It looks like it's a friction fit to me as there's no support underneath.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I really like the look but is there any chance that with time and wear, the Solo might just slide right out of the case due to the leather stretching? It looks like it's a friction fit to me as there's no support underneath.
Thank you! I don't thinnk so as the sleeve is tightly wrapped around the unit.

Duba,

sickmanfraud

I just received my Solo 3 and I need some help, please.

I have been using Solo vapes for over 10 years but today something that never happened before happened.

First try, On demand, I did not check the temp, I combusted.

Is my Solo3 defective?

sickmanfraud,

chillAtGVC

The default on-demand temperature should not be hot enough to combust. But it will get pretty close if any of the weed falls out or sticks out and touches the oven. The taste is memorably unpleasant.

Shit Snacks

I have been using Solo vapes for over 10 years but today something that never happened before happened.

Is my Solo3 defective?

Not defective, on demand mode has a lot of power, you need to adjust your technique, how you loaded, lower your temp settings, lower your time settings (it is all relative) or use the traditional session mode instead

vpr85

Is my Solo3 defective?
I've never combusted, but I always make sure to pack with some extra space like the manual says to do. I've also seen a couple people on reddit post that they sent theirs to arizer for warranty and their replacement doesnt cause combustion. I recommend you check your packing method, then if it happens again reach out to Arizer

Shit Snacks

I still have a Solo 2 for that.

You only bought the S3 for the on demand feature?? Honestly I don't think that's worthwhile at all lol personally of course, just doesn't make sense to me really... Anyway you have to learn how to control it, there are five temp settings because each one is essentially a range, depending how you use it exactly... I pretty much only use the lowest settings in on demand mode (I mean that is similar to how I use it in session I guess but I go even lower) and I have my timer setting to only 10 seconds, typically I don't start hitting until it is completely done heating because it retains heat so much so well... But depends on the temp and time, the stem and the load etc.

I used an Aliexpress dimpled bent stem which is thinner than Arizer stems. Is it possible that the thinner glass contributed?

I suppose that would be a factor that would change things, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference, because I can make an argument for thinner glass in either direction compared to thicker glass, I don't know, but you're probably overthinking it, and or not thinking it enough lol Sorry, but you're talking about literally one use attempt, right?

Top Bottom