Arizer Solo 3

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
(it's not a huge deal, but I've turned off the incessant beeping, so I MUST rely on waiting for the bars to reach the top to know when it's time to hit. Just a weird hang up while heating that my V3pro never exhibits when I use it in on demand mode)
That does seem weird. I haven't used on-demand mode enough to observe this though. If it's any consolation I have tried hitting the solo in on-demand mode before the bars reach the absolute top. Usually I'll start on the bar before the top. Everything still works great... maybe a bit tastier.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I appreciate the detailed response about the on demand heat up times... in my testing I did the heat ups back to back, with almost no cool-down time. Doesn't make sense to me why it can take 24 seconds to heat up immediately after taking 5 seconds to heat to the same temp, with almost zero cool-down time.

(it's not a huge deal, but I've turned off the incessant beeping, so I MUST rely on waiting for the bars to reach the top to know when it's time to hit. Just a weird hang up while heating that my V3pro never exhibits when I use it in on demand mode)

Yeah I've noticed it is not always that consistent I think there are other variables, in the speed of heating on demand, depending on the time setting and temp setting, and how you are using it exactly... I don't mind watching the bars, often I'm hitting it when the bars are done since my time setting is only 10 seconds and it retains heat so well especially higher temps (fuck the beeps!)

Moody

Hey thanks for the great write-up!

I wanted to ask why you make comparisons of the Botl and the Jam to a WPA+bong exclusively? A water setup is generally more work and less portable so it's understandable why you might want to hit the Solo differently but have you considered WPA + any dry pipe of your choice that accepts male 14mm?

If you've got a sherlock with dimples or even just just a plain one, I suggest you try it if you haven't already. I've been enjoying a 14mm hook from GVB as well as a 18mm dhgate job with a reducer. Hitting the Solo inverted also helps with keeping the oven clean.
I make the comparison because you have the choice of wpa or xl stem with what is included with S3. The xl stem is too short/not enough cooling and makes me cough quite a bit vs the xl wpa + bong.

I wanted an attachment for the S3 that cooled close enough to the performance of a bong without having to use a bong.

I havent tried a j hook, but i wanted something where i didnt need two hands when i take a hit. I was considering a new bong (current beaker style angle means i need to hold the bong w s3 on it in the air at an angle while using it). But if i could elimnate the need for a bong altogether, that would be my preference. I like to read or watch shows/films etc when I unwind. Using this botl allows that without having to lose focus and take a drag with a bong etc. I dont need to pause a movie during a session or wait for the session to be done before doing anything. You can do it all concurrently and not miss anything or need to pause etc.

I have considered the j hook. But my iso tub didnt look big enough for those larger glass pieces so i shied away from considering those. They also seemed like they would be similar to a bong in terms of handling it.

I really like that botl. Its a winner. The jam didnt seem to cool nearly as much but is still miles ahead of the arizer stem that comes w the unit. Im going to start w the jam tonight because i was 2 xl bowls deep in the botl before i even tried the jam.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have considered the j hook. But my iso tub didnt look big enough for those larger glass pieces so i shied away from considering those. They also seemed like they would be similar to a bong in terms of handling it.
I might try this sherlock with a 18-14mm reducer. Fits in my hand ok and cools great.
I really like that botl. Its a winner. The jam didnt seem to cool nearly as much but is still miles ahead of the arizer stem that comes w the unit. Im going to start w the jam tonight because i was 2 xl bowls deep in the botl before i even tried the jam.
I'm glad you reviewed it! If it's as cool as my pipes, I'd be interested in getting one.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Moody

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +
Sneaky Pete has a reasonably priced, solid, universal cooling solution that will fit any vape with a 14 MM WPA.

He demonstrates it on several vapes including the Solo 3. On my to buy list.

Scroll down page to watch video.

Shit Snacks

Had it been determined what type of glass is used for those pearls? I really do not like the idea of that many tiny balls in a stem as for me personally they seem really annoying to deal with, not just for cleaning, but quickly clogging up air flow and robbing actives

Moody

I might try this sherlock with a 18-14mm reducer. Fits in my hand ok and cools great.

I'm glad you reviewed it! If it's as cool as my pipes, I'd be interested in getting one.
I'd be curious to know if the cooling was significant enough from the Botl to your linked j hook. Honestly, i was looking at those j hooks that have a stand for the vape. But yeah i didnt want to deal w cleaning those...and when i tried the botl, it was def cooling enough where i did not feel like im missing much, if anything from the bong's performance. Ill update after i use it a while and switch back and forth between all of it a bit. Ill make sure its not just honeymoon phase and if i change my mind ill post an update and why.

Shit Snacks

was looking at those j hooks that have a stand for the vape. But yeah i didnt want to deal w cleaning those..

Which ones? Not sure what you mean by stand for the vape, or the cleaning, as it is quite simple... You don't really need to soak a good hook, just rinse (shake with alcohol and salt quickly) there are a wide variety

was def cooling enough where i did not feel like im missing much

It's not really that a bong offers cooling per se, there are different experiences depending on the different type of glass, there's so many different types of water piece, and a lot of different dry glass pieces too... Difference between using a separate piece, and a stem, with extra cooling features, there are larger stems made by other glass workers now, and a lot of different options for different experiences, with flavor and cooling variances... In my experience the best cooling and flavor retention comes from right angle bends

Shit Snacks,

Moody

Had it been determined what type of glass is used for those pearls? I really do not like the idea of that many tiny balls in a stem as for me personally they seem really annoying to deal with, not just for cleaning, but quickly clogging up air flow and

Had it been determined what type of glass is used for those pearls? I really do not like the idea of that many tiny balls in a stem as for me personally they seem really annoying to deal with, not just for cleaning, but quickly clogging up air flow and robbing actives
I cant speak for clogging airflow, but in terms of cleaning, for me it wasnt an issue. I just dump the stem in iso tub at the end of the night and let it sit until next time.

Ive never used anything w beads like this tho, and if over time they wont clean even after soaking NONSTOP in iso between usage, ill def post an update about it.

Shit Snacks

I cant speak for clogging airflow, but in terms of cleaning, for me it wasnt an issue. I just dump the stem in iso tub at the end of the night and let it sit until next time.

I saw that, but what do you mean until next time? Because it has to dry out from the alcohol etc before you use it again... I guess if you are cleaning it that frequently, it is not getting dirty enough? That kind of frequency wouldn't be my cup of tea personally although I have to do it with bangers for dabbing now

Ive never used anything w beads like this tho, and if over time they wont clean even after soaking NONSTOP in iso between usage, ill def post an update about it.

Yeah you might also find success if you just run really hot water through it, there are a lot of people that do that instead of even using alcohol at all, if you are not getting it that dirty by cleaning every use

PS not sure if you are aware, but you can use the quote button instead of the reply button, to collect multiple replies in one post so you don't have to try posting back to back (you see I have another reply I posted right before you replied to my previous post)

Shit Snacks,

Moody

Which ones? Not sure what you mean by stand for the vape, or the cleaning, as it is quite simple... You don't really need to soak a good hook, just rinse (shake with alcohol and salt quickly) there are a wide variety

It's not really that a bong offers cooling per se, there are different experiences depending on the different type of glass, there's so many different types of water piece, and a lot of different dry glass pieces too... Difference between using a separate piece, and a stem, with extra cooling features, there are larger stems made by other glass workers now, and a lot of different options for different experiences, with flavor and cooling variances... In my experience the best cooling and flavor retention comes from right angle bends
When i said until next time yeah, a couple hours before fam time is done i set up. Ill remove the stems from the tub and rinse and put a desk fan on their openings. But for practical purposes i said "until next time". It is soaking more often than not. Id rather use alcohol than water so most bacteria is removed.

Ive looked at the longer j hooks and the one Tigole just posted where the vape sits on a bowl and the glass under it is made as what looks like a stand under it to sit flush on a table - stay balanced.

I do not have much experience w bongs other than the small beaker i have (i use it dry 90 percent of the time) and a giant 3 ft bong we used in college hah.

Def will consider your suggestion tho with right angle when my current set up gets boring.

My usage on a weekend is typically watching or reading something and i dont want to constantly stop to take a drag.

However, im curious now about the j hooks again. Ill eventually get one. And another bong too probably. But right now what was missing was being able to start watching/reading something without having to constantly pause and come back to it every time i take a drag.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Ive looked at the longer j hooks and the one Tigole just posted where the vape sits on a bowl and the glass under it is made as what looks like a stand under it to sit flush on a table - stay balanced.

Okay no that one does not stand, it just happens to have that flat right angle, it is really nice because you can hold it all in one hand together with the vape, even though it is two pieces (which is nice when you want to be able to clear as well) there actually are other hooks that are similar, but they have a male joint on the bottom so they can sit in a stand, there are other hooks with feet like the cloud connoisseur xeric that would also work quite well and are more traditional sherlock style, but yeah I think the right angles are extremely effective so Oregon glass blower is the original style that those China ones emulate...

I do not have much experience w bongs other than the small beaker i have (i use it dry 90 percent of the time) and a giant 3 ft bong we used in college hah.

Haha yeah so I would argue that kind of bong is not good for any vape really though some people enjoy it, so a much better glass piece for water would be much better for you I am sure, but no reason to worry about it yet!

Def will consider your suggestion tho with right angle when my current set up gets boring.

Exactly you're all good for now, but I'd suggest checking out the glass threads here, for water pieces and j hooks etc, plenty of great suggestions that would go great with the Solo 3! Good Vibes Boro too

My usage on a weekend is typically watching or reading something and dont i want to constantly stop to take a drag.

Yeah the all-in-one design is nice that way, I'm going to get one from GVB eventually but I would like to get some from 420 EDC as well at some point

Shit Snacks,

Moody

If you end up getting one, id love to see your pros/cons comparison with your j hooks and/or sherlock pieces. I think those look cool. i just wanted something that works well enough for how i spend my time at the moment. I dont always have a lot of time in the evening (kids + wife), so a movie thats paused over the course of 3 xl bowls usuallly takes an additonal hour. I just pause for my entire session. Now i will just pause to load which does not take that long at all.

Not every night is this way, so im always interested in other things too, but im usually pressed for time, so any way i can improve the process/timing and not give up too much performance is a win for me.

Shitsnacks, just saw your post, what/who is gvb? Never seen their site and i would like to check it out. i thought a smaller beaker would be good for a vape. I read you didnt want anything too large to add to air restriction? Its just a 6 or 8 inch standard beaker. Worked great with the mighty and a whip. Seems to work fine with the S3 but it is def not ideal holding it on an angle. The college bong was pretty fun. Didnt really work like a regular bong. It was so large you would just fill the chamber to your mouth...which would take some time...and then clear it...if you could. Lol. Most people would cough obviously. Saw a person vomit immediately after. It was too much smoke. It was a novelty that provided many laughs and memories.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just saw your post, what/who is gvb? Never seen their site and i would like to check it out.
Link to their Solo stems

I dont always have a lot of time in the evening (kids + wife), so a movie thats paused over the course of 3 xl bowls usuallly takes an additonal hour. I just pause for my entire session. Now i will just pause to load which does not take that long at all.

Not every night is this way, so im always interested in other things too, but im usually pressed for time, so any way i can improve the process/timing and not give up too much performance is a win for me.
I hear you. I think by sticking with the WPA + dry pipe that offers cooling and can be held in one hand you would speed up your workflow. I like to pre-load the WPAs I own with flower and keep them capped in their safety tubes for quick use. Sort of like a glass capsule system you can prep in advance.

You get 2 WPAs with the Solo so you can always have a loaded WPA ready. I bought a hi-flo XL WPA from SneakyPete so I have 2 XL bowls always loaded and ready to use. Also, you get the variety of using any 14mm dry pipe you want to roll with at the time.

Lastly, I can't underestimate how nice it'll be to use the Solo inverted in the long run. No flower or resin can ever easily fall or leak into the oven, ruining the taste and causing a cleaning issue.

Last edited:

Moody

Link to their Solo stems

I hear you. I think by sticking with the WPA + dry pipe that offers cooling and can be held in one hand you would speed up your workflow. I like to pre-load the WPA's I own with flower and keep them capped in their safety tubes for quick use. Sort of like a glass capsule system you can prep in advance.

You get 2 WPAs with the Solo so you can always have a loaded WPA ready. I bought a hi-flo XL WPA from SneakyPete so I have 2 XL bowls always loaded and ready to use. Also, you get the variety of using any 14mm dry pipe you want to roll at the time.

Lastly, I can't underestimate how nice it'll be to use the Solo inverted in the long run. No flower or resin can ever easily fall or leak into the oven, ruining the taste and causing a cleaning issue.
WOW! GVB has some cool stems. Ill get one of these eventually. Ill post after i get it and try it out, when i do. Thanks guys for all the info. Much appreciated!

Tji89

Has anyone tried using only hash in the Solo 3 (noy sandwiched between budS 🌳🥪 🌳). What's your methods and results?

I ordered the S3 yesterday for it being hyped as a good sipper with great taste. Not as open as TM2 I've understood, which is a device I love, but a lot of hot air must be moved when sometimes I want instant puffs. Seen members here discussing the Solo 3 used with hash for the conduction/convection oven it has, but has anyone done some test and can tell more? 😊

Pukka

Has anyone tried using only hash in the Solo 3 (noy sandwiched between budS 🌳🥪 🌳). What's your methods and results?

I ordered the S3 yesterday for it being hyped as a good sipper with great taste. Not as open as TM2 I've understood, which is a device I love, but a lot of hot air must be moved when sometimes I want instant puffs. Seen members here discussing the Solo 3 used with hash for the conduction/convection oven it has, but has anyone done some test and can tell more? 😊
XL GonG adapter, hemp floss>hashish/kief<hemp floss, 404°F, wait ~30 seconds after reaching temp.

Moody

Goodvibesboro
Link to their Solo stems

I hear you. I think by sticking with the WPA + dry pipe that offers cooling and can be held in one hand you would speed up your workflow. I like to pre-load the WPAs I own with flower and keep them capped in their safety tubes for quick use. Sort of like a glass capsule system you can prep in advance.

You get 2 WPAs with the Solo so you can always have a loaded WPA ready. I bought a hi-flo XL WPA from SneakyPete so I have 2 XL bowls always loaded and ready to use. Also, you get the variety of using any 14mm dry pipe you want to roll with at the time.

I was looking at the gvb solo pieces but there is no info on the loading chamber. Do we know if its 4 holes or 5 and is it xl size or standard or something inbetween? They look cool, but want to find out more about them...

Moody,

Shit Snacks

Goodvibesboro

I was looking at the gvb solo pieces but there is no info on the loading chamber. Do we know if its 4 holes or 5 and is it xl size or standard or something inbetween? They look cool, but want to find out more about them...

If you look a page or two back we were just discussing and had confirmation from GVB the size is about regular but a little larger and they have pinches for flat screen to fit in. Can also make them just plain tube in the future with ability to put a basket screen anywhere you like as long as it fit secure enough...

Andjoe

Put in my order today.

Got tempted by the FW9, but the easy cleaning on the solo 3 and not needing to fuck around carrying and remembering to charge extra batteries to last a day trip is what sold me.

Any tips to help me hit the ground running?
Thought eventually as battery life wanes, you will need to bring that exact (5V/3A?) charging brick with you wherever you travel.

PrematureEvaporation

Thought eventually as battery life wanes, you will need to bring that exact (5V/3A?) charging brick with you wherever you travel.
That’ll be a few years yet, but I’ll probably just crack her open and replace the cells when it gets to that point.

Plus, I’ve already got a power bank that can output the correct numbers so I’m not sweating if I need to charge it on the go

Tji89

Ordered Ed's stem and must say the communication and service has been very good. He seems like a very chill and good man!

Also got a message from Mark at 420EDC, taking time to answer my questions thoroughly. Overall good impression with both stores 😄

Hope shipping for my orders goes fast now 🙏😌

Last edited:
Top Bottom