Arizer Solo 3

vpr85

Yes that made me a bit worried too. Opening it up to clean seems like a massive hassle and a high chance to ruin the device. Not sure how big of a problem resign buildup there is though. Would it "only" impact taste and function or could it even become unhealthy over time.
most portable vapes I own are not made to take apart easily to clean the oven.. i think it is pretty standard that if you don't take care to prevent debris falling in that most battery poweered vapes have this problem. devices where you load herb directly into the vape are likely much worse than arizer vapes where you load the stem??

4-Aces King-High

Yes maybe I am a bit too paranoid about these things. Using it upside down seems a good idea anyway.
Have not tried the WPA yet.
I Received my Solo3 Yesterday,Did the full charge,then the burn off then demand mode as suggested on the Arizer site for the first bowl. I bought an Ed’s TNT Stem because I am A glass breaker or glass breaks.So it made sense to grab a stem that would not break. So far I like it quite a bit for a Daily driver in rotation of devices.
What I do not like is that the controls sometimes don’t take the command and needs to be repeated.
At this time I consider the Solo3 in the top 3 of portables that I have with strong Vapor.A slow cigar puff draw has brought great results .

Ipe17

I really really really enjoy my Solo 3. First time I dont feel like a joint every now and then. This is pretty much what I was looking for when I started trying vapes in 2015. But I really really really think the UI is not properly thought

but vapes are one for each own. One of my best friends likes the Solo but would never exchange it for his Venty. He came from a Mighty and loves the capsules and for his usage he does not want to thinlk about glass breaking.

I am the opposite, I love the glass stems and even if i like to have a capsule option, I prefer not to use them.

for me the good thing is this industry is evolving and we are getting better vapes every year. Then personal taste will say which one is for you

cpl5938

Have not tried the WPA yet.
I Received my Solo3 Yesterday,Did the full charge,then the burn off then demand mode as suggested on the Arizer site for the first bowl. I bought an Ed’s TNT Stem because I am A glass breaker or glass breaks.So it made sense to grab a stem that would not break. So far I like it quite a bit for a Daily driver in rotation of devices.
What I do not like is that the controls sometimes don’t take the command and needs to be repeated.
At this time I consider the Solo3 in the top 3 of portables that I have with strong Vapor.A slow cigar puff draw has brought great results .
Yep. I have to press the right button more than once and it’s getting worse. I’ve already had a warranty replacement due to another issue. It’s more powerful than I need anyway so I use my Solo 2 Max and Air Max more.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I really really really enjoy my Solo 3. First time I dont feel like a joint every now and then. This is pretty much what I was looking for when I started trying vapes in 2015. But I really really really think the UI is not properly thought

but vapes are one for each own. One of my best friends likes the Solo but would never exchange it for his Venty. He came from a Mighty and loves the capsules and for his usage he does not want to thinlk about glass breaking.

I am the opposite, I love the glass stems and even if i like to have a capsule option, I prefer not to use them.
I find because I like to use the WPA with a glass pipe, the WPA becomes a capsule of sorts. I have a couple of sneaky pete's hi flow XL bowls and I like to pre-load them and keep them in their pvc tubes ready to go. You could pre-load stems as well but it's more bulky.
for me the good thing is this industry is evolving and we are getting better vapes every year. Then personal taste will say which one is for you
Totally agree!

I gotta say, I just tried to vape a full XL bowl of this high quality flower...
Frozen-Grapes-Multi.jpg

... and the Solo absolutely kicked my ass. I had to tap out while it was still chucking massive clouds.

Correction. Massive tasty clouds.
I know the bowl is pretty huge at around 0.4-0.5g when fully packed but damn. That is a tolerance killer. I will not attempt that again.

Anyone out there that can kill a full XL bowl of good bud with the S3? It's a challenge.

vpr85

I find because I like to use the WPA with a glass pipe, the WPA becomes a capsule of sorts. I have a couple of sneaky pete's hi flow XL bowls and I like to pre-load them and keep them in their pvc tubes ready to go. You could pre-load stems as well but it's more bulky.

Totally agree!

Frozen-Grapes-Multi.jpg

... and the Solo absolutely kicked my ass. I had to tap out while it was still chucking massive clouds.

I know the bowl is pretty huge at around 0.4-0.5g when fully packed but damn. That is a tolerance killer. I will not attempt that again.

Anyone out there that can kill a full XL bowl of good bud with the S3? It's a challenge.

I can crush a fully loaded XL with top shelf flower pretty easy using a bong. Try as I might, I rarely make it all the way through a 2nd before I forget my own name :ko:

chillAtGVC

How tight are you packing it? I have some (er several) of those XL high-flow bowls and I don't think I can get more than 0.3g in without it heavy impacting airflow. I usually have two bowls a night. Then I have to lie down and listen to music for a couple of hours. Maybe I need a T break.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
How tight are you packing it? I have some (er several) of those XL high-flow bowls and I don't think I can get more than 0.3g in without it heavy impacting airflow. I usually have two bowls a night. Then I have to lie down and listen to music for a couple of hours. Maybe I need a T break.
To be honest I never weighed it so I'm just eyeballing it. I usually straw load with a teeny tamp just to give a bit of clearance. It's probably closer to 0.4g. Still a lot for me, mercifully 😂

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Kudzu407

chillAtGVC

To be honest I never weighed it so I'm just eyeballing it. I usually straw load with a teeny tamp just to give a bit of clearance. It's probably closer to 0.4g. Still a lot for me, mercifully 😂
I always weigh what I use at night, just to keep track. I suspect you might be vaping a lot less than you think. 0.5g is one full Venty bowl and one full XL stem (my most common combination) both with a fairly firm tamp.

chillAtGVC,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I always weigh what I use at night, just to keep track. I suspect you might be vaping a lot less than you think. 0.5g is one full Venty bowl and one full XL stem (my most common combination) both with a fairly firm tamp.
Ok that's good to know! Never invested in a nice digital scale. And I get to feel a bit better about my consumption. Bonus 😁

TigoleBitties,

Moody

Totally agree!

Frozen-Grapes-Multi.jpg

I do a full XL bowl on the weekends. Usually two. If im still awake and coherent i even hit a couple dynavaps. However, this will be over the course of an evening... from around 9pm to 3am.

I agree, it is a tolerance killer which is why i only use the s3 on the weekends and then 2 dynavaps typically on week day evenings.

However, i do not pack the stem at all. I want good airflow, so i just scoop it up and round off the edge for the screen. Thats it. So i doubt im close to the actual max capacity.

But yes, on the nights i do two xl bowls, it is quite common for me to fall asleep in my chair within an hour of the second bowl and passing out, sometimes i get a little bit of the spins (if really good herb) or cant see clearly for a little while...and it has happend where ive had difficulty finishing the second xl stem. I do agree its not a good idea to use the s3 xl stems for daily use unless tolerance issues arent considered.

Astedra

Solo 3 good vape, probably one of the best ones I had if not the best, but I found something annoying. When I charge my Solo 3 to 20%, it's not even enough to start heating up, it gives you low charge almost right away. How much does it have to be charged for 1 bowl.? I think the % is off on the battery indicator. Now I'm charging it to 30% trying to get 1 bowl out of it.

Edit:

Yeah, I charged it to 31% and one session mode not the longest brought it down to 20%, that's about right.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I've noticed the same thing. There is some fine tuning left to do. I'd rather have it do this, than a hard shutoff halfway through a bowl.
Someone posted before from Arizer that the battery symbol has five parts each representing 20%. The four little blocks in the battery indicator each represent 20% and when the battery symbol is empty, that by itself represents 20% - which is the part I find weird and unintuitive.

Why not have five blocks in the battery indicator and no blocks left means empty battery? 🤷‍♂️

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It has passthrough charging while in use

Reminder again, it actually does not, what it has, is capability for use while charging, but it still runs on the battery and needs enough of a base charge (and could be more taxing on the battery when used this way too)

Shit Snacks,

Moody

Not sure about semantics. Maybe I mispoke, but my 3 was blinking red and shutting off. I plugged it in and was able to bake the remaining half or so of an XL bowl...it never turned off or stopped etc. So whatever it is called, it worked great.

Moody,
Reactions: vpr85

Shit Snacks

This looks great:

Although I would probably go for this myself:

There are fancier collaboration stems and hooks available as well!

vpr85

This looks great:

Although I would probably go for this myself:

There are fancier collaboration stems and hooks available as well!

Nice! I wish Arizer would do some direct collabs with glass blowers

sickmanfraud

How important are the "high airflow" stems?

Did anyone try with "old" PVHES stems?

I happen to think the least expensive option is the stock glass and a pre-existing J-hook or U-hook.

Is there any reason that we "need" the extra cannabis in the xl stem?

Couldn't you just use a standard stem/WPA twice?

sickmanfraud,

vpr85

Did anyone try with "old" PVHES stems?

I happen to think the least expensive option is the stock glass and a pre-existing J-hook or U-hook.

IMO the high flow stems are not that important. I use the stock stems, standard size and XL depending on how baked I wanna get. Airflow is great as long as i dont pack too tight. Most of the time I'm using on demand mode through one of my bongs, and I can finish off a standard or XL in the same number of hits. So effectively with the XL stems I'm getting twice as baked in the same time/same number of hits compared to the standard size. Yes, can use the standard stem twice, but sometimes I wanna get ripped right quick before sitting down to watch a movie. once in a while, I'll hit with the standard stem instead of with my bong, and I might have 2 or 3 standard stems back to back while chilling

Shit Snacks

I don't know about important, it's just personal preference or variety? And it's not just about airflow, but being able to use mesh screens without the holes, can be nicer for some (material getting through etc)

Well, obviously, it would be cheapest to use what it comes with and what you already have... That does not make it the best option for everyone though?

Some people might not want to do back-to-back stems? Things get really hot, especially tedious to try using a hot stem unloading and reloading, better to have another one ready to go, or yeah I'm sure many people appreciate the larger bowl size of the XL too... Furthermore you don't have to load the XL full, and it keeps the herb further away from the edge of the heater, making for a different experience than using the same amount in the regular stem...

Also reminder, the stems from GVB have a bowl size sort of in between those two, with the flat steel mesh screen that rests on the glass spike indentations

Top Bottom