Any good Netflixxing going on?

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
my buddy was talking about that. I take it that it’s a spin off from the Arrow show that was on CW?
Huh? :lol: IDK what's up w/ that show, but it doesn't seem like it.
It's a show about a female chess prodigy, based on a book I think.

Buildozer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fair enough. Queens Gambit is the name of the ship Oliver Queen disappears. That’s how I made the connection.

:rofl:

That's because it is a chess move strategy thing! So in Arrow it is a pun for the name of his dad's boat since their last name is Queen. And here it is the name of a new Netflix original about a chess player...

It's funny because I think of the same thing when I hear it, but also Arrow is a WB / CW show not a Netflix show anyway lol also sorry I am just laughing at the idea of a spin-off centered around his dad's boat!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Take a sht ton of edibles and watch
It's like adult swim in 2005 at 1:30am, a mix between tim and eric and a fever dream.
Bro I felt like I was on the brink of too many psychedelics watching that. Kind of creeped me out

iDRINKBLEACH,
  • Haha
Reactions: BestBuds

ginolicious

I need a new cartoon to watch. Wish Hoops would have another season coming out soon or F is for family.

not into big mouth at all.

ginolicious,

Shit Snacks

I need a new cartoon to watch. Wish Hoops would have another season coming out soon or F is for family.

not into big mouth at all.

Ha another season coming out soon, they both just premiered seasons in the past few months!

Hulu has a lot of adult animation and HBOmax is getting there too (both a little thanks to adult swim) but those should be discussed here:

;) :whip:

Shit Snacks,

Whisper

Hi guys, I'm a little late on this one- The 100. It was originally on television and now Netflix is showing it. I don't usually enjoy this kind of movie, too much fighting and such. There's a lot of action and scheming, it's interesting because the leads are female for the most part. I imagine everyone here is "old news", but, if not. Give it a look.

GetLeft

Sabrina's back with season 4! I loved seasons 1 and 2 but wasn't impressed with 3 so I wasn't overly excited about season 4 but so far it's been a good one. The episodes are appearing to be self contained (kinda like the mandolorian if you watch that) even though the strong main themes are present in each episode. Brigerton is fun if you like British turn of the centry romance novels. I don't so much but my wife is enjoying it and it's tolerable. Couldn't handle Queen's Gambit; it was too continuously dark. Enough of that these days without watching it on tv. Everyone says it ends well though so maybe I'll go back to it.

I like shows with lots of strong female characters. Fyi another network has one called the wilds. Furstrating at the end cause it didn't wrap things up well but all female characters, all with compelling stories. Good stuff.

Shit Snacks

Remember we still have this thread for general TV show discussion, not limited to Netflix (which remember unless it's a Netflix original like Queen's or Sabrina, what is available depends on the country you are in, so The 100 for example was a CW show now streaming on Netflix in the US at least...)

(I wish this link did not show the beginning of the first post at the top of that page, which was actually mine about watching homecoming earlier in quarantine lol)

Speaking of Netflix though, I am right in the middle of Bloodline, waited a long time to start it, but it is quite good of course!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BrianTL

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Speaking of Netflix though, I am right in the middle of Bloodline, waited a long time to start it, but it is quite good of course!
I still have never seen Bloodline, or House Of Cards :disgust:
It's always hard for me to decide to commit to a series.. I definitely plan to get to them eventually, along w/ the others...

Shit Snacks

It's always hard for me to decide to commit to a series.. I definitely plan to get to them eventually, along w/ the others...

Yeah I never did House of Cards and have even less interest now lol Netflix originals tend to lack immediacy for me... I watch a lot of TV though, all over the place really.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Cobra Kai - Season 3 recently dropped on Netflix. Finished it already. Steering clear of an outright spoiler but I didn't like the ending.

His_Highness,
Reactions: GetLeft

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Remember we still have this thread for general TV show discussion, not limited to Netflix (which remember unless it's a Netflix original like Queen's or Sabrina, what is available depends on the country you are in, so The 100 for example was a CW show now streaming on Netflix in the US at least...)

(I wish this link did not show the beginning of the first post at the top of that page, which was actually mine about watching homecoming earlier in quarantine lol)

I enjoyed both Bloodline and House of Cards, Bloodline was cool cause I had been to the keys a few years beforehand, recognized a few places - even the inside of a bar, I had to google it because I immediately saw it and was like wow I've been there.

My only thing with Bloodline, was at some point, it just gets a little far fetched for me, like they're just trying to continue to make up crazy plot twists for the sake of keeping it going. But, I was sad when I finished it lol I wish there were more episodes.

House of Cards was pretty good! A little slow at times and again sometimes seemed like they were going over the top with some of the twists.

I just started watching Schitts Creek over the weekend on Netflix. Well, I started season 1 with my GF a while ago, we both hated the first couple episodes, I guess she gave it another chance and it got better, so I picked up at Season 2 episode 1. Its OK - pretty funny at times but hasn't really had me laughing out loud yet. I know recently it got a ton of awards or something so I assume it picks up.

I looooved Manhunt: Deadly Games

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I found the perfect winter vegetation/hibernation/masked zombie avoidance pastime with The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix...

Not much else out there at the moment that is appealing. Had a blast with The Boys a few months back... that is lots of fun and pretty sharp on its political commentary.

Haze Mister,

C No Ego

I enjoyed both Bloodline and House of Cards, Bloodline was cool cause I had been to the keys a few years beforehand, recognized a few places - even the inside of a bar, I had to google it because I immediately saw it and was like wow I've been there.

My only thing with Bloodline, was at some point, it just gets a little far fetched for me, like they're just trying to continue to make up crazy plot twists for the sake of keeping it going. But, I was sad when I finished it lol I wish there were more episodes.

House of Cards was pretty good! A little slow at times and again sometimes seemed like they were going over the top with some of the twists.

I just started watching Schitts Creek over the weekend on Netflix. Well, I started season 1 with my GF a while ago, we both hated the first couple episodes, I guess she gave it another chance and it got better, so I picked up at Season 2 episode 1. Its OK - pretty funny at times but hasn't really had me laughing out loud yet. I know recently it got a ton of awards or something so I assume it picks up.

I looooved Manhunt: Deadly Games
rollin Shitt is the funniest there , or is it Roland ? anyway , Gay themes not included it is a great show with weird people in it . the Rollin guy asking for a chicken - Extra Skin was some crazy Shitt !

C No Ego,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
rollin Shitt is the funniest there , or is it Roland ? anyway , Gay themes not included it is a great show with weird people in it . the Rollin guy asking for a chicken - Extra Skin was some crazy Shitt !

Yeah Roland that guy is probably the funniest!

Weird people FOR SURE. Thats part of the reason I didnt like it at first, I just thought it was shitty production - starting to think that they just intentionally make the characters appear that way. Literally everybody is "extra" and over the top at whatever their thing is.

BrianTL,
Reactions: C No Ego

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I really enjoy watching The Stand TV series based on a book by Steven King. Everyone dies from a man made flu called Captain Trips and only a very few immune people survive. There is also a super natural element, battle against good and evil and there is Whoopie Goldberg in the mix,lol...

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I really enjoy watching The Stand TV series based on a book by Steven King. Everyone dies from a man made flu called Captain Trips and only a very few immune people survive. There is also a super natural element, battle against good and evil and there is Whoopie Goldberg in the mix,lol...

The Stand is one of my favorite King novels so I was pretty excited to stumble on this since as far as I'm aware the only other screen time it's got is a t.v mini series back in the day. Pretty decent so far some changes from the book but that's to be expected!

ginolicious

I may need to check out this mini series. Sometimes I hate them cause I want more seasons haha. I’m bad like that.

ginolicious,

Shit Snacks

The Stand is one of my favorite King novels so I was pretty excited to stumble on this since as far as I'm aware the only other screen time it's got is a t.v mini series back in the day. Pretty decent so far some changes from the book but that's to be expected!

Again, please use this thread

Since the stand airs on CBS all access, NOT netflix... I don't know why I care so much but I hate this thread LOL :mental:

Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: 710yota

ginolicious

It looks like they have renewed F is for Family for its final season. Only 5 made. Loved that show. Also appears Hoops was cancelled. No season 2 on Netflix. Be real nice if someone else picked it up. Really enjoy these adult cartoons.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom