• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any good Netflixxing going on?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Dont miss out on slow horses!

Great show, not on Netflix...
Yeah, I continued the conversation here by the way, since it's not a Netflix show...

;)

Shit Snacks,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Probaby been mentioned already but Arcane was mindblowingly good- unlike almost all video game franchise things. The Witcher was mega cringe after playing the game.
Love Death and Robots also good, similarly amazing quality animations, sometimes with thoughtful stories on the Black Mirror dystopian technology vibe, sometimes just pointless violence/horror.

Good stuff on Netflix is rare for me.

Shit Snacks

Probaby been mentioned already but Arcane was mindblowingly good- unlike almost all video game franchise things. The Witcher was mega cringe after playing the game.
Love Death and Robots also good, similarly amazing quality animations, sometimes with thoughtful stories on the Black Mirror dystopian technology vibe, sometimes just pointless violence/horror.

Good stuff on Netflix is rare for me.

People love arcane, my roommate enjoyed it a lot without knowing anything about the games, he also just watched the new dragon age series on Netflix, that one picks up the story right from the games apparently though (he did play those games, from what I saw it's still seems worth a watch maybe?)

Shit Snacks,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yes, Arcane was extremely good. I watched the whole series at least four times.

cptofnthng

Jeah the witcher was very ABC. But still enjoyable enough. So was Shadow and bones i thought.
A forgotten netflix gem would be maniac. And this jeweler adam sandler movie.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I binged Big Mouth 6 seasons and it's pretty great imo. Took a couple episodes to get into but after that it had me hooked. It gives some of that silly creativity found in animation series series geared toward a younger audience. Its honest but lighthearted approach of that early teenage coming of age angst and its challenges is presented by alternating and blending recognizable events and emotions with outlandish silliness and exaggeration. I also appreciate the natural inclusion of some of the topics people growing up get to deal with that have been getting more attention in society and in popular media as well in these past years with regard to gender and sexuality. They're written in really organically in stead of giving that forced feeling the handling of such topics sometimes give. Also its got the voice acting and animation covered and all the basic elements the delivery of a show like this lean on.

Before that I watched season 11 and 12 of Archer and while beforehand I was enthousiast to see it return to its original agency theme, it was a bit disappointing. I missed the way how in those first 6 seasons pretty much every line of dialogue and every scene was gold. Probably suffering from Adam Reed's creative absence. Also the sad passing of Jessica Walter creates a hole in the dynamic of the characters that's hard to deal with. Still worth the watch, remains to be one of my most highly regarded pieces of entertainment of all time.

I started Paradise PD now. I'd seen a couple of episodes back when I still used Netflix (now I'm downloading their shows) and it's decent, not great. I'm halfway through season 2 now. It has that somewhat chaotic style which doesn't really appeal to me. Not too many episodes have good story and the overarching storylines are meh. Characters as well are just a little too over the top, but they're voiced really well though, especially Sarah Chalke. And it has its moments where it pokes fun at some current issues like the Tucker Carlson foolery that give me some good laughs.

Shit Snacks

I binged Big Mouth 6 seasons and it's pretty great imo. Took a couple episodes to get into but after that it had me hooked. It gives some of that silly creativity found in animation series series geared toward a younger audience. Its honest but lighthearted approach of that early teenage coming of age angst and its challenges is presented by alternating and blending recognizable events and emotions with outlandish silliness and exaggeration. I also appreciate the natural inclusion of some of the topics people growing up get to deal with that have been getting more attention in society and in popular media as well in these past years with regard to gender and sexuality. They're written in really organically in stead of giving that forced feeling the handling of such topics sometimes give. Also its got the voice acting and animation covered and all the basic elements the delivery of a show like this lean on.

Yeah I was in and out in the first season, until the end where they made the Seinfeld joke, it is a reliably hilarious show, even if it can be too gross at times, and overly specific to certain perspectives haha all around well done by a good comedy team of creators (the spin-off human resources is also really fun so don't forget to watch that as it actually ties back into the original series and will more so in the final season)

Before that I watched season 11 and 12 of Archer and while beforehand I was enthousiast to see it return to its original agency theme, it was a bit disappointing. I missed the way how in those first 6 seasons pretty much every line of dialogue and every scene was gold. Probably suffering from Adam Reed's creative absence. Also the sad passing of Jessica Walter creates a hole in the dynamic of the characters that's hard to deal with. Still worth the watch, remains to be one of my most highly regarded pieces of entertainment of all time.

This is a tricky one because it's not on Netflix, it might be for you, but it is an FX show so it lives on Hulu in the US, owned by Disney now... Anyway it is one of my all-time favorites having watched it from the beginning when it was new on TV, it always had up and down, but remains true to itself fortunately... Also I will say the most recent seasons have been absolutely amazing for me as a return to form with a new vibe after the coma seasons, I am truly sad to see it go now with season 14 although looking forward to what the creators do next! (they have already done a lot in the past)

I started Paradise PD now. I'd seen a couple of episodes back when I still used Netflix (now I'm downloading their shows) and it's decent, not great. I'm halfway through season 2 now. It has that somewhat chaotic style which doesn't really appeal to me. Not too many episodes have good story and the overarching storylines are meh. Characters as well are just a little too over the top, but they're voiced really well though, especially Sarah Chalke. And it has its moments where it pokes fun at some current issues like the Tucker Carlson foolery that give me some good laughs.

Now this one I've never seen, because I find these creators to be total hacks lol Sorry not much I can say but I really find their stuff to be cartoon trash that makes the rest of the genre look bad, but I'm a snob!

BoJack Horseman is still one of the best things ever on Netflix and really holds up with biting satirical commentary, dark dives into mental conditions and human struggle, all with absolutely ridiculous turns and silly animal or other puns at every moment

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

This is a tricky one because it's not on Netflix, it might be for you,

Yeah over here it is.

(they have already done a lot in the past)

I've watched Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo. The latter being the more memorable of the two. Some other titles I should look into? I see they also did 12 oz. Mouse which I had never heard of, I'll see if I can download that.

Now this one I've never seen, because I find these creators to be total hacks lol Sorry not much I can say but I really find their stuff to be cartoon trash that makes the rest of the genre look bad, but I'm a snob!

I can deal with the subpar cartoon stuff pretty well. I have a hard time starting new series with real actors, animated work that lacks quality I can just zone out to. If it doesn't demand too much attention it doesn't bother me that much. I'm more put off by shit like Rick and Morty with its unironic celebration of misogyny, even though it's the better show.

BoJack Horseman is still one of the best things ever on Netflix and really holds up with biting satirical commentary, dark dives into mental conditions and human struggle, all with absolutely ridiculous turns and silly animal or other puns at every moment

That one's on another level with the realness. Nothing like it, not that I know of at least.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Shit Snacks

Yeah that's why I like the main TV thread since it is more universal than this one but people use the term Netflix broadly unfortunately too lol I posted more there

Yeah I've watched a lot of crappy cartoons as well haha it varies although there are a lot of great ones too (Archer team have had a lot of stuff in the works that hasn't been released though I read some scripts)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Im watching blue eye samurai now and I'm quite impressed. Interesting journey of the main character, animation is pretty and it has a non rushed pacing that keeps me hungry for more.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Top Bottom